Democrats Cannot Impeach Trump, and You Can’t Impeach Him After Leaving Office: Dershowitz

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Impeachment requires final approval by the Senate, and that is definitely not going to happen. McConnell has made that clear today. Therefore Trump will not be impeached. The one who really should be impeached are all the justices of the Supreme Court.
Nothing is clear because as far as we know Trump is the only non deep state elected official

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...I don't know it.
Now tell us that we should believe the Warren report, and that Oswald acted alone.

The democrats are behaving like they are not because they do not like Trump but because they are scared shitless of what he could do the the deep state. Trump may soon be impeached the way they impeached JFK. Aren't you curious what the hidden and required by law and the freedom of information act files have to say about George Bush involvement in the JFK murder?

Only the deep state wants what they did hidden

So what are you?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz said Democrats have virtually no chance of successfully impeaching and removing President Donald Trump before Inauguration Day on Jan. 20.

“The case cannot come to trial in the Senate. Because the Senate has rules, and the rules would not allow the case to come to trial until, according to the majority leader, until 1 p.m. on January 20th, an hour after President Trump leaves office,” Dershowitz said in a Fox Business interview on Sunday.

Dershowitz, who defended Trump during the Senate impeachment trial about a year ago, suggested that the Constitution does not allow for impeaching a former president.

“And the Constitution specifically says, ‘The President shall be removed from office upon impeachment.’ It doesn’t say the former president. Congress has no power to impeach or try a private citizen, whether it be a private citizen named Donald Trump or named Barack Obama or anyone else,” he said.

It comes as House Democrats have proposed articles of impeachment after Trump made a speech to protesters near the Capitol. Some critics have claimed Trump incited the crowd into violence before a group stormed the Capitol building.

Trump told the crowd beforehand that their protest shows “the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country” and “let us walk down Pennsylvania Avenue.” The president did not tell the protesters to breach the Capitol or commit acts of violence and later condemned them.

At one point, Trump told the protesters to “peacefully and patriotically make your voices be heard.”

Another Trump defender during the House impeachment inquiry, law professor Jonathan Turley, explained that impeaching Trump over his speech would set a dangerous precedent.

“When I testified in the impeachment hearings of Trump and Bill Clinton, I noted that an article of impeachment does not have to be based on any clear crime but that Congress has looked to the criminal code to weigh impeachment offenses,” he said in an opinion piece. “For this controversy now, any such comparison would dispel claims of criminal incitement. Despite broad and justified condemnation of his words, Trump never actually called for violence or riots. But he urged his supporters to march on the Capitol to raise their opposition to the certification of electoral votes and to back the recent challenges made by a few members of Congress.”

Meanwhile, Democrats and some Republicans have floated the idea of Trump’s cabinet invoking the 25th Amendment, which concerns succession of the vice president if the president dies, resigns, or is removed from office.

Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson, a member of his cabinet, dismissed calls to invoke the 25th Amendment.

“As a Nation we need to heal. I have not talked to anyone about invoking the 25th Amendment, and I am focused on finishing what I started in uplifting the forgotten women and men of America. It’s time to move toward peace. We are not each other’s enemies!” he wrote.

Democrats Cannot Impeach Trump, and You Can’t Impeach Him After Leaving Office: Dershowitz
When a drowning man is grasping at straws, about all he has left are bubbles...which, by the way, rhymes with troubles. :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a drowning man is grasping at straws, about all he has left are bubbles...which, by the way, rhymes with troubles. :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O
Trump will be remembered as the President who fought for America, as did Washington and Lincoln. Only the commies will hate him soon

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz said Democrats have virtually no chance of successfully impeaching and removing President Donald Trump before Inauguration Day on Jan. 20.

“The case cannot come to trial in the Senate. Because the Senate has rules, and the rules would not allow the case to come to trial until, according to the majority leader, until 1 p.m. on January 20th, an hour after President Trump leaves office,” Dershowitz said in a Fox Business interview on Sunday.

Dershowitz, who defended Trump during the Senate impeachment trial about a year ago, suggested that the Constitution does not allow for impeaching a former president.

“And the Constitution specifically says, ‘The President shall be removed from office upon impeachment.’ It doesn’t say the former president. Congress has no power to impeach or try a private citizen, whether it be a private citizen named Donald Trump or named Barack Obama or anyone else,” he said.

It comes as House Democrats have proposed articles of impeachment after Trump made a speech to protesters near the Capitol. Some critics have claimed Trump incited the crowd into violence before a group stormed the Capitol building.

Trump told the crowd beforehand that their protest shows “the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country” and “let us walk down Pennsylvania Avenue.” The president did not tell the protesters to breach the Capitol or commit acts of violence and later condemned them.

At one point, Trump told the protesters to “peacefully and patriotically make your voices be heard.”

Another Trump defender during the House impeachment inquiry, law professor Jonathan Turley, explained that impeaching Trump over his speech would set a dangerous precedent.

“When I testified in the impeachment hearings of Trump and Bill Clinton, I noted that an article of impeachment does not have to be based on any clear crime but that Congress has looked to the criminal code to weigh impeachment offenses,” he said in an opinion piece. “For this controversy now, any such comparison would dispel claims of criminal incitement. Despite broad and justified condemnation of his words, Trump never actually called for violence or riots. But he urged his supporters to march on the Capitol to raise their opposition to the certification of electoral votes and to back the recent challenges made by a few members of Congress.”

Meanwhile, Democrats and some Republicans have floated the idea of Trump’s cabinet invoking the 25th Amendment, which concerns succession of the vice president if the president dies, resigns, or is removed from office.

Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson, a member of his cabinet, dismissed calls to invoke the 25th Amendment.

“As a Nation we need to heal. I have not talked to anyone about invoking the 25th Amendment, and I am focused on finishing what I started in uplifting the forgotten women and men of America. It’s time to move toward peace. We are not each other’s enemies!” he wrote.

in the US i am pretty sure that the more evil, corrupt and black hearted someone is, the more likely the government will look the other way. trump is just one of many that will never be held accountable for all his wrong doings.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in the US i am pretty sure that the more evil, corrupt and black hearted someone is, the more likely the government will look the other way. trump is just one of many that will never be held accountable for all his wrong doings.
Trump is literally the savior that is being crucified before our eyes.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
The wealth that the poor lack is knowledge not gold. One might ask why do christians need a savior as well.

Do you fear the truth

trump would be the last person to give knowledge to the poor, his only interest is in other rich people. his whole life is nothing but screwing poor people to make himself rich. he has had hundreds of thousands of blue collar employess throughout the years, and he has always paid them the minimum he can get away with paying them. and most the construction contractors that work for him do not get paid at all.
why in the world would you think he is a savior? he gets on stage in front of hundreds of thousands, many women and children, and uses the F - word over and over like a crack head in the streets.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
trump would be the last person to give knowledge to the poor, his only interest is in other rich people. his whole life is nothing but screwing poor people to make himself rich. he has had hundreds of thousands of blue collar employess throughout the years, and he has always paid them the minimum he can get away with paying them. and most the construction contractors that work for him do not get paid at all.
why in the world would you think he is a savior? he gets on stage in front of hundreds of thousands, many women and children, and uses the F - word over and over like a crack head in the streets.
Alveda King MLK's niece voted for Trump twice. The world has changed, you voted for biden who literally took billions from china's live dog burning communist. How do you sleep at night

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Alveda King MLK's niece voted for Trump twice. The world has changed, you voted for biden who literally took billions from china's live dog burning communist. How do you sleep at night

who is Alveda King and why would i care who they voted for?

china is not communist, in a communist economy the people own the factories, in china rich men own the factories the exact same as they do in the US.

trump didnt just walk out of the cotton fields a few years ago, they guy has been around since the 70s, his family long before that. they have a long, long, long history of corruption, wrong doing and making life miserable for the working folks. have you read anything about trumps history? and when i say history i mean actions, the things he has done, not the crap that comes out of his mouth.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who is Alveda King and why would i care who they voted for?

china is not communist, in a communist economy the people own the factories, in china rich men own the factories the exact same as they do in the US.

trump didnt just walk out of the cotton fields a few years ago, they guy has been around since the 70s, his family long before that. they have a long, long, long history of corruption, wrong doing and making life miserable for the working folks. have you read anything about trumps history? and when i say history i mean actions, the things he has done, not the crap that comes out of his mouth.
Why are you here if you do not care?

LOL Alveda King is the niece of Martin Luther King that voted for Trump twice, she is welcome in my home

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Why are you here if you do not care?

why am i where? my home? this forum?

LOL Alveda King is the niece of Martin Luther King that voted for Trump twice, she is welcome in my home

ok? my grandfather was the best shot in arkansas and went on a nine month dream walk, but that was him not me.

why do you love someone like trump that has devoted his entire life to stomping down the common people?

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why am i where? my home? this forum?

ok? my grandfather was the best shot in arkansas and went on a nine month dream walk, but that was him not me.

why do you love someone like trump that has devoted his entire life to stomping down the common people?
Here is here, this forum, your home is there to me and everyone else who is here in this forum

Not very difficult

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Here is here, this forum, your home is there to me and everyone else who is here in this forum

Not very difficult

and how exactly is this connected to trump stomping down the working folks of the US?

did you read about tump U? it was a real estate scheme directed specifically at the poorest people that didnt have the money to give? a lot of hard working folks lost their life savings on that one.

or what about trump establishing a charity for kids with cancer and then using the charity funds to bribe politicians? what kind of man steals money from little kids with cancer?

still think he is a savior?

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and how exactly is this connected to trump stomping down the working folks of the US?

did you read about tump U? it was a real estate scheme directed specifically at the poorest people that didnt have the money to give? a lot of hard working folks lost their life savings on that one.

or what about trump establishing a charity for kids with cancer and then using the charity funds to bribe politicians? what kind of man steals money from little kids with cancer?

still think he is a savior?
LOL you voted for biden who promised to end the Trump tax cuts and lower your wages, Trump created the lowest unemployment for minorities in the history of the USA

Brilliant

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean January 19, not January 6. But their impeachment nonsense is going nowhere.

McConnell Won't Convene Senate For Emergency Impeachment Trial

Update (1257ET): According to the Washington Post, McConnell is done mulling - and has decided not to convene the Senate for an emergency trial - meaning the Democrat-controlled Senate will do so during the Biden administration.

McConnell Won't Convene Senate For Emergency Impeachment Trial | ZeroHedge

Now let's see which Republic has the guts to bring Articles of Impeachment against unhinged Nancy Pelosi, who richly deserves to be impeached and removed from Congress immediately.

Also impeaching private citizen Trump will not happen after January 20, since he has done absolutely nothing to be impeached.

No, you mean January 20th at noon.

And no, not impeachment of Pelosi, Schumer, and the other Traitors in Congress, lets see if anyone goes after them for violation of the Constitution Article 1 section 6 clause 1.
Clause I

Clause 1. The Senators and Representatives shall receive a Compensation for their Services, to be ascertained by Law, and paid out of the Treasury of the United States. They shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte