Demon Bondages

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I don't think we are supposed to believe in these things, if we believe in God Jehovah and his only begotten son, then we are free of these things and protected by God Jehovah and our Lord and Savior Christ, and Satan can't harm us or his minions.

That claim does not stack up with Paul being left vulnerable to satanic attack by God for the sake of his humility.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That claim does not stack up with Paul being left vulnerable to satanic attack by God for the sake of his humility.
Did Jesus not take care of this for us when he died? You are talking about the time of the Apostles.

Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think we come to Christ through faith - based wholly on the finished work of the cross - and we are then to walk in newness of life - with this as our foundation. What matters now is how we build. We are to walk in the spirit and no longer in the flesh but rather denying self. So begins the lifelong process of sanctification. For me, to walk worthy of Him is to walk with Him, actively growing in him using the tools he has given us in his word - not going back to our old dead lives and old ways of doing things. We are saved and sanctified by faith and not any works which we can muster up in our own strength from our own resources.

So a picture of not walking worthy of Him would be turning away from him or seeking to serve him with religious dead works.

As to strongholds - I believe these come down as we walk with God, are washed and renewed through being in the word and as we obey him. I don’t believe a Christian can be possessed. But the work of this fallen world including demonic influence is something we must each daily overcome. In my own life, some of these strongholds broke off very quickly, but others are so strong and so deep, it’s taking a lot longer to be renewed and changed into His image for them to be pulled down. I suspect some won’t be completely removed from me this side of glory. But I’m freer than I once was.
@Goldie75 For the believer it's a daily thing: "And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me." (Luke 9.23).

Reactions: Goldie75

Goldie75

Mar 20, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Goldie75 For the believer it's a daily thing: "And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me." (Luke 9.23).
Definitely a daily thing - and some days are easier than others.

Reactions: farouk