Developing Your Spiritual Gifts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

a3m24ie

Oct 10, 2010
Since the source of the gift is the Holy Spirit, I suggest reading His book; the Bible.
I've found it to be an excellent resource for encouragment and exhortation.

I'm not trying to be a wise guy here.

Gifts of the Holy Spirit are gentle, fragile and extremely powerful when used as He directs and intends.
They are given at the Lord's discretion for His purposes and are not something which we possess.
We cannot rightly say we have one, but we can indeed be grateful if we've had the priviledge of knowing and using one.

It is not an argument of symantics to say that one does not properly "have" a spiritual gift.
Such 'gifts' are given at a time and place when they can be properly passed along or 'given out'.
They are rather like a gentle breeze which cools a heated brow; no one knows where it comes from or where it will go - but all benefit from its passage.

The prophesy that God gave the prophets was not by any means gentle. God is a just God. He does not shrug at our sin. God hates it. His wrath is coming to the earth when Jesus returns. The Bible says Jesus is going to be killing people, running around with a sword, soaked in blood so much so that it's going to look like He went through a winepress.

No. God is not always gentle. We must get this picture of God as only this precious little lamb--He is a mighty Lion too.