Did Christ instruct His Apostles to pray to His earthly mother?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nicely put weber. If one is in Christ, If one has accepted the work that Christ has down, how can there be any judgement, how can you be judged where there is no sin, Now for those who choose to keep the law, there will be judgement for that is what the law requires.

As for praying to saints, well I have Jesus on my side God has an ear for Him as He does for me and all who are His, so why go the long way round. When I have a problem I go straight to My Father He is always listening.

In all His Love

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New life - I enjoyed your link. I hope you recognize that most educated Catholics have read the Catechism. What I mean by educated is 'knowing what you believe and why you believe it' NOT that an advanced degree in theology is the way to heaven.

Since your post made little sense to me - I am left guessing your meaning for posting it and why you included the link - are you trying to claim that the Catholic Church is teaching us to worship Mary? If you are, tour link does not support your claim

newbirth

May 23, 2015
aspen said:
New life - I enjoyed your link. I hope you recognize that most educated Catholics have read the Catechism. What I mean by educated is 'knowing what you believe and why you believe it' NOT that an advanced degree in theology is the way to heaven.

Since your post made little sense to me - I am left guessing your meaning for posting it and why you included the link - are you trying to claim that the Catholic Church is teaching us to worship Mary? If you are, tour link does not support your claim
it does not have to ...but it will show you do not follow the scripture...

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It will show that I do not follow scripture? When is this going to happen? Are you going to back your claim or are you just trying to get attention?

newbirth

May 23, 2015
aspen said:
It will show that I do not follow scripture? When is this going to happen? Are you going to back your claim or are you just trying to get attention?
973 By pronouncing her "fiat" at the Annunciation and giving her consent to the Incarnation, Mary was already collaborating with the whole work her Son was to accomplish. She is mother wherever he is Savior and head of the Mystical Body.
974 The Most Blessed Virgin Mary, when the course of her earthly life was completed, was taken up body and soul into the glory of heaven, where she already shares in the glory of her Son's Resurrection, anticipating the resurrection of all members of his Body.
975 "We believe that the Holy Mother of God, the new Eve, Mother of the Church, continues in heaven to exercise her maternal role on behalf of the members of Christ" (Paul VI, CPG § 15)./

where in scripture do we find this ???

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
newbirth said:
973 By pronouncing her "fiat" at the Annunciation and giving her consent to the Incarnation, Mary was already collaborating with the whole work her Son was to accomplish. She is mother wherever he is Savior and head of the Mystical Body.
974 The Most Blessed Virgin Mary, when the course of her earthly life was completed, was taken up body and soul into the glory of heaven, where she already shares in the glory of her Son's Resurrection, anticipating the resurrection of all members of his Body.
975 "We believe that the Holy Mother of God, the new Eve, Mother of the Church, continues in heaven to exercise her maternal role on behalf of the members of Christ" (Paul VI, CPG § 15)./

where in scripture do we find this ???
So you are switching the conversation from your claim that Catholics are taught to worship Mary to the Churches' claim that Mary was assumed into Heaven? Is that because you are unable to prove that Catholics worship Mary?

Sola Scriptura was not invented until the 1500s, new life. Before the Reformation, all Christians recognized the the Bible and the Church as equal authorities. The majority of Christians still believe this today.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
aspen said:
So you are switching the conversation from your claim that Catholics are taught to worship Mary to the Churches' claim that Mary was assumed into Heaven? Is that because you are unable to prove that Catholics worship Mary?

Sola Scriptura was not invented until the 1500s, new life. Before the Reformation, all Christians recognized the the Bible and the Church as equal authorities. The majority of Christians still believe this today.
Do you know what venerate means...

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
newbirth said:
Do you know what venerate means...
"Church theologians have long adopted the terms latria for the type of worship due to God alone, and dulia and proskynesis for the veneration given to angels, saints, relics and icons"

newbirth

May 23, 2015
aspen said:
"Church theologians have long adopted the terms latria for the type of worship due to God alone, and dulia and proskynesis for the veneration given to angels, saints, relics and icons"
4. To encourage the proper use of sacred images, the Council of Nicaea recalls that "the honour paid to the image is really paid to the person it represents, and those who venerate the image are venerating the reality of the person it represents" (DS 601).
Hence in adoring the Person of the Incarnate Word in the image of Christ the faithful are making a genuine act of worship, which has nothing in common with idolatry.
Similarly, when he venerates images of Mary, the believer's act is ultimately intended as a tribute to the person of the Mother of Jesus.
5. Therefore, the Second Vatican Council urges theologians and preachers to refrain from both exaggerating and minimizing the special dignity of the Mother of God. It adds: "Following the study of Sacred Scripture, the Fathers, the doctors and liturgy of the Church, and under the guidance of the Church's Magisterium, let them rightly illustrate the duties and privileges of the Blessed Virgin, which always refer to Christ, the source of all truth, sanctity and devotion" (Lumen gentium, n. 67).

seems like you don't even know what your church believes..

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dulia is veneration, new birth. Once again, there is nothing in the catholic statement that I disagree with or contradicted.

You may as well be arguing that green traffic lights mean go and calling people idiots for not accepting your profound information

I really enjoyed your assumption that I must not know what my own church teaches.....such a Protestant brand of arrogance.....

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bible and the Church as equal
Interesting statement. But I disagree. mans church only has the authority given to it by the people in it. it has no authority given from God. Jesus said He will build, he never gave man any permission to do so. And we see from all the denominations around the world today, what mans building does. God said i will have no oher Gods before me, he said , not to make idols of anything, seems to me the church has excluded the so called bible authortiy for its own.

As for protesting Jesus started with teh pharisees in His own way, and still today the people dont listen. Seems to me that anyone who disagrees with you is a protestant, i didnt know God was one.

In all his Love

newbirth

May 23, 2015
aspen said:
Dulia is veneration, new birth. Once again, there is nothing in the catholic statement that I disagree with or contradicted.

You may as well be arguing that green traffic lights mean go and calling people idiots for not accepting your profound information

I really enjoyed your assumption that I must not know what my own church teaches.....such a Protestant brand of arrogance.....
that is the problem ...what your church teaches...we are to obey what the scripture teaches.....your church and the scripture teach different things...

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
newbirth said:
that is the problem ...what your church teaches...we are to obey what the scripture teaches.....your church and the scripture teach different things...
According to your Post-Reformation, POV.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
aspen said:
According to your Post-Reformation, POV.
2 Thessalonians 3:14
And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
John 20:31
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Romans 1:5
By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Romans 6:16
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Romans 16:26
But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
newbirth said:
2 Thessalonians 3:14
And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
John 20:31
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Romans 1:5
By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Romans 6:16
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Romans 16:26
But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

According to your post-reformation understanding of scripture.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
aspen said:
According to your post-reformation understanding of scripture.
I post scripture and that is your response.....do you not believe the scripture??? or do you only obey the vatican????

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
newbirth said:
I post scripture and that is your response.....do you not believe the scripture??? or do you only obey the vatican????
False dichotomy. The Vatican and and scripture are equal authorities and therefore in agreement. Your post reformation exegeses is out of line with the Vatican and scripture.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
aspen said:
False dichotomy. The Vatican and and scripture are equal authorities and therefore in agreement. Your post reformation exegeses is out of line with the Vatican and scripture.
and you got that from scripture???the vatican portrays Mary as the mother of God....and as such it is no longer venerate...which will be for angels and saints....she has been elevated above those....

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
newbirth said:
and you got that from scripture???the vatican portrays Mary as the mother of God....and as such it is no longer venerate...which will be for angels and saints....she has been elevated above those....
Portrays Mary as the mother of God? Are you denying that Jesus is God?

newbirth

May 23, 2015
and you got that from scripture???the vatican portrays Mary as the mother of God....and as such it is no longer venerate...which will be for angels and saints....she has been elevated above those....Am I the vatican???? or a member of it's council or a member of it's RC church???? or a member of one of the spawns of the RC church???? I am none of these...

John 20:30-31King James Version (KJV)
30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

1 Corinthians 1:9
God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.