Did God forsake Jesus on the cross?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A sister who dwells on a island known as and commonly called the united kingdom
has arrived .
But and boy this is a big ol butt , its not her united kingdom nor the KINGDOM she and the lambs are united under .
FOR their kingdom aint of this hole that rejects GOD , their kingdom is heavenly and man do they await for it to come .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No more than God forsook His only begotten Son.

The wages of sin is death, and death is being separated from God.
If the Father did not forsake Jesus when He was on the Cross, then we are still dead in our sins.

We have to remember that Jesus was the scapegoat, the ransom for the sins of man and this requires that He be sent outside the camp, to be rejected and forsaken by God for our sins.

Those that do not believe Jesus suffered being separated for their sin, they will get to be separated from God for eternity for their sin because they have no faith in the work Jesus did at the cross. No faith means what Jesus did does not apply to them.

In Matthew 27:46 Jesus specifically tells us God forsook Him at the cross, so this is what happened.
We know that's what happened because Jesus is not lying about what happened.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they Father did not forsake Jesus when He was on the Cross, then we are still dead in our sins.

We have to remember that Jesus was the scrape goat, the ransom for the sins of man and this requires that He be sent outside the camp, to be rejected and forsaken by God for our sins.

Those that do not believe Jesus suffered being separated for their sin, they will get to be separated from God for eternity for their sin because they have no faith in the work Jesus did at the cross. No faith means what Jesus did does not apply to them.

In Matthew 27:46 Jesus specifically tells us God forsook Him at the cross, so this is what happened.
The , not they .
scape not scrape
no worries my friend , i type fast too and words do get mispelled or miswritten

Reactions: Marvelloustime

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
e have to remember that Jesus was the scapegoat, the ransom for the sins of man and this requires that He be sent outside the camp, to be rejected and forsaken by God for our sins.
What I read is He was rejected of men yet chosen of God. Why was He outside of the camp? Who rejected Him; for Him to be outside of the camp?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the Father did not forsake Jesus when He was on the Cross, then we are still dead in our sins.

We have to remember that Jesus was the scapegoat, the ransom for the sins of man and this requires that He be sent outside the camp, to be rejected and forsaken by God for our sins.

Everyone sees it definitely. I’m not suggesting Jesus lied only that His suffering even unto death could be those words themselves, “My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me?” I’ve also heard some translate “forsaken” as “entangled” like the ram caught in a thicket.

Psalm 42 was on the radio yesterday. It goes well with this topic.

Highlights that stand out to me:
As a deer pants for water brooks, so my soul pants for You, O God.

My Soul thirst for God.
Jesus Cried “I thirst!” And they gave Him vinegar to drink for His thirst.

My tears have been my food.
they say unto me “Where is your God?”

Unlike in Psalm 42 He did not go along with the throng.

Deep calls to deep…
your waves have rolled over me…
The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the day and night. A prayer to God in the night is with me.

God why have you forgotten me?
As a shattering of bones…
(Yet not a bone on Him will be broken.)

While they say to me all day long “where is your God?”

You are my strength.
Why have you rejected me?

I get you don’t agree and see it differently. For me I can’t see those mocking “where is your God?” And then all that followed not being an answer to that question asked of Him “where is your God?” . If you were to tell me Jesus Christ remains still in the grave and is dead, and that our hope is in vain being dead …then I might say I can see your point that God rejected Jesus Christ. To me ones salvation does not depend on whether a person says Jesus was rejected.

Isn’t it more important that He is received?

Last edited:

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why was He outside of the camp? Who rejected Him; for Him to be outside of the camp?

Hello! - Why do you think He's the Lamb of God???

If you were to tell me Jesus Christ remains still in the grave and is dead, and that our hope is in vain being dead …then I might say I can see your point that God rejected Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 54:8
In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.

This is one of the core tenants of the Gospel, Jesus was our ransom suffering being separated from God in our place because there is no remission of sin without the shredding of blood (Hebrews 9:22), and the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23)

Those that do not accept this really have no basis for faith the their sins have been paid for which is very bad because that would mean they have no basis for their own salvation.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello! - Why do you think He's the Lamb of God???

Isaiah 54:8
In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.

This is one of the core tenants of the Gospel, Jesus was our ransom suffering being separated from God in our place because there is no remission of sin without the shredding of blood (Hebrews 9:22), and the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23)

Those that do not accept this really have no basis for faith the their sins have been paid for which is very bad because that would mean they have no basis for their own salvation.
To me that is saying one has to believe as we do or they have no basis for salvation.

Are you suggesting I have to believe He (the Son) was rejected of God to be saved?

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you suggesting I have to believe He (the Son) was rejected of God to be saved?

If Jesus was not rejected in your behalf for your sins, then you will have to be rejected for your sins.

This is one of the core tenets of Christianity that you appear to be rejecting.

If this is rejected, then you have no basis to believe your sins are forgiven.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus was not rejected in your behalf for your sins, then you will have to be rejected for your sins.

This is one of the core tenets of Christianity that you appear to be rejecting.

If this is rejected, then you have no basis to believe your sins are forgiven.
I hate you feel that way. I’m sorry I’m just now getting back to your comment. I thought about not responding since it’s be several days and let’s be real…nothing I say is going to matter anyways.

To me His becoming poor that I may become rich(towards God), or His becoming weak that I may be made strong does not have to equate to: I have to believe He was rejected or forsaken of God. I’ll say it again. I think it’s more important to trust He did and does not fail.

He who owned all things became as one who owned nothing , so we all could partake and share in His possessing all things and making many rich. Same as He who bore our curse that we may be free. 2 Corinthians 13:6-9 But I trust that you will know that we are not reprobates(as one who fails). [7] Now I pray to God that you do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that you should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates. [8] For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth. [9] For we are glad, when we are weak, and you are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection.

You may ask. Okay? What does that have to do with His bearing our curse , so that we be made free? Sounds to me like bearing their (brothers) curse, so they be made free(with them) . “For we are glad, when we are weak, and you are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection.”
in that passage the Spirit of Christ in Paul to me answers the question “I trust you will know we do not fail.” Seeing, He was the First to not Fail, I don’t think He was rejected of God for “bearing our curse so that we can be made free.” But instead said God loved Him because He laid down His Life, having the power to lay it down and take it up again.

Another good one:
2 Corinthians 6:8-11 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; [9] As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; [10] As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things. [11] O you Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.

I can still believe He gave His Life freely, and that He did bear the curse with us (on our behalf), but I don’t think that equals rejected of God. So that we be made free. And I don’t read anywhere in Isaiah 54:6-7 For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God. [7] For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.
Being supportive of such a claim as “you have to believe God the Father forsook the Son in your place, or you will be rejected.” As much as we try to squeeze it out of it. what else to you have beside Isaiah 54?

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hate to hear you have chosen to not believe what Jesus said.

If one does not believe Jesus paid the price for their sin, then they'll have to pay for their own sins.
I don’t think we are understanding one another. I’m not disputing He paid the price. Nor that He who possessed all things became poor so that we could be rich. nor that He poured out His soul even unto death. Nor that He bore the curse so that we might have Liberty from the curse. I didn’t think that is the topic but instead: whether or not God forsook Him.

If God rejected Him: the One we say is the only one worthy to make such an offer on our behalf….then God’s weakness is not greater than men’s strength. Again, I’m not disagreeing with “that we be found in Him having His Righteousness which is of God, and not our own righteousness which is by the law.” I’m only responding to the topic of thread “My God, My God, Why have you forsaken Me?” Which I suggested could have been the point of His pouring out His soul unto death, made like-unto all those before Him in the Psalms and other books who cried out for God to “rescue” them in their weakness.

to me it’s deflection to keep going back to suggesting I don’t believe He paid the price. That would be me saying I don’t believe He possessed all things and became poor so that many could be made rich. I do believe He possessed all things. I do believe He became poor as one who possessed nothing. And I do believe He made many rich.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think we are understanding one another. I’m not disputing He paid the price. Nor that He who possessed all things became poor so that we could be rich. nor that He poured out His soul even unto death. Nor that He bore the curse so that we might have Liberty from the curse. I didn’t think that is the topic but instead: whether or not God forsook Him.

Hello! You just stated that He paid the price, He poured out His soul even unto death, He bore the curse.

NONE of these things would have happened if the Father had not turned His back on Jesus which He did for us.

You can go on being confused if you want, I'm not because Jesus said the Father forsook Him.

Jesus was there, He knows what He's talking about, and He cannot lie.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello! You just stated that He paid the price, He poured out His soul even unto death, He bore the curse.

NONE of these things would have happened if the Father had not turned His back on Jesus which He did for us.

You can go on being confused if you want, I'm not because Jesus said the Father forsook Him.

Jesus was there, He knows what He's talking about, and He cannot lie.
Okay I will go along with your point. I looked up to forsake and it is to desert. Or to leave behind. Which then leaves me with a question concerning 2 Corinthians 5:16-17 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. [17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

What does “yea, though we have know. Christ after the flesh, yet not hereforth know we him no more.” Mean to you?

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which then leaves me with a question concerning 2 Corinthians 5:16-17 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. [17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

What does “yea, though we have know. Christ after the flesh, yet not hereforth know we him no more.” Mean to you?

None of that has anything to do with the Father turning away from Jesus on the Cross as He was a ransom for our sin because the wages of sin is death which is separation from God.