Did God Kill Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cannot EVER go wrong following the Spirit of God!

but we can't all be right in claiming the Holy Spirit is guiding our understanding of Scripture, because out of all numerous interpretations, they can't all be right and they're not. There are people who are wrong because they're negligent with the language, context, etc., of Scripture. Too many Christians apply a literal and/or modern understanding to archaic text and circumstances and it's causing problems.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every Christian says that, but we can't all be right. There are people who are wrong because they're negligent with language, context, etc.
I'm NOT responsible for everyone's nor anyone's knowledge of the word.
I am responsible for sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ!

2 Timothy 2:15-26
Study to shew THYSELF approved unto God, a WORKMAN that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

I do believe these words bolded & underlined are in the SINGULAR form !

Furthermore, those that are truly wrong, not by another's opinion, may be resisting the Holy Spirit's leading of correction.

Are you riding Ronald's horse also? :jest:

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm NOT responsible for everyone's nor anyone's knowledge of the word.
I am responsible for sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ!

2 Timothy 2:15-26
Study to shew THYSELF approved unto God, a WORKMAN that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

I do believe these words bolded & underlined are in the SINGULAR form !

Furthermore, those that are truly wrong, not by another's opinion, may be resisting the Holy Spirit's leading of correction.

Are you riding Ronald's horse also? :jest:

Who said you're responsible for people's knowledge of Scripture? No one.

All we're saying to you and others is don't ignore language when it comes to Scripture, in case you believe its unimportant, because there are people who do, as well as apply literal and/or modern understanding to archaic text, etc.

There are people, like Taken for example, who are truly wrong in saying Jesus wasn't human, and seems to reject Scripture in its original language where a verse in the New Testament, written in Koine Greek, calls Him a human! Sound like she's resisting the Holy Spirit to you? Or, just willfully ignoring and/or rejecting Scripture in its original language because it doesn't support her belief?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Sigma
We are done.
You ppl like to twist and misrepresent what ppl say on these forums.

I did have all CULT MEMBERS on ignore, plz do not make me put you all there again bc of your MISREPRESENTATION of what others say !

In future unless I quote your post DO NOT address me again! You add nothing to my truth nor will I let you try to take it away by making what I say incorrect or foolish !

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Sigma
We are done.
You ppl like to twist and misrepresent what ppl say on these forums.

I did have all CULT MEMBERS on ignore, plz do not make me put you all there again bc of your MISREPRESENTATION of what others say !

In future unless I quote your post DO NOT address me again! You add nothing to my truth nor will I let you try to take it away by making what I say incorrect or foolish !

What are you talking about? Are you ok?

• Haha
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See post above to verify my assertions of the twisting & misrepresentation of other's posts.
:Laughingoutloud: :Laughingoutloud: :Laughingoutloud: :Laughingoutloud: :Laughingoutloud: :Laughingoutloud:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your words are bizarre and laughable in the way you have of reading what ppl say. This is TWICE you have tried to correct my grammar, a third time will NOT happen !

I cannot EVER go wrong following the Spirit of God!

Maybe a few more ought to get OFF their high horses of superiority and learn from and lean into the Spirit.
I am not trying to correct your grammar. I am cautioning you about going down the road of reinterpreting Scripture by finding "hidden spiritual meanings". God said what He meant and meant what He said.

He communicated to us in a way His people could understand. Not in hidden spiritual codes.

The Spirit will always lead you to believe what is written and not see things not written but are "spiritual meanings".

The Spirit will enable us to obey the Word as written and never lead us to find hidden meanings or things written between the lines.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me why the letter was written to the Hebrews.
To show the Jewish people the supremacy of the sacrifice of Jesus over the sacrifice of the Mosaic Law. Far more than that, but that is the main message of the book, that the blood of Jesus is far superior than the blood of bulls and goats.

Hebrews 9:12-14

King James Version

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Hebrews 10

King James Version

10 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not trying to correct your grammar. I am cautioning you about going down the road of reinterpreting Scripture by finding "hidden spiritual meanings". God said what He meant and meant what He said.

He communicated to us in a way His people could understand. Not in hidden spiritual codes.

The Spirit will always lead you to believe what is written and not see things not written but are "spiritual meanings".

The Spirit will enable us to obey the Word as written and never lead us to find hidden meanings or things written between the lines.
Sorry Ronald but you lack understanding and feel the need to " sound the alarm" when there is NO FIRE !

The road I am on is the narrow road and the word of God is spiritual not just literal ! The HS will not allow a believer to take many turns off the path without correction.

How about from now on YOU leave me in God's hands and KEEP YOUR ADVICE OR WHATEVER TO YOURSELF!

It is most unholy when supposed brethren gather together and some get lifted up above others as being superior, full of wisdom, arrogant, and I just gotta tell you that you are wrong attitudes ............no thank you but that is NOT fellowship......move on down the aisle plz.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is most unholy when supposed brethren gather together and some get lifted up above others as being superior, full of wisdom, arrogant, and I just gotta tell you that you are wrong attitudes ............no thank you but that is NOT fellowship......move on down the aisle plz.

Generally speaking, we can't all be right either. Therefore, there are people who are wrong about things, even spiritual things. Saying that isn't unholy or arrogant, it's just a fact.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Generally speaking, we can't all be right either. Therefore, there are people who are wrong about things, even spiritual things. Saying that isn't unholy or arrogant, it's just a fact.
You persist in trying to dispute what I write therefore you, Sigma are NOW back on ignore!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 16:17
I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them.
Titus 3:10a
Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition.

This forum is not advertised as a challenger of personal beliefs for disputings but rather a place of fellowship, sharing the word in love and strengthening and encouraging the brethen as in Christian Spirituality
Forum !

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This forum is not advertised as a challenger of personal beliefs for disputings but rather a place of fellowship, sharing the word in love and strengthening and encouraging the brethen as in Christian Spirituality
Forum !

No matter what this forum is advertised as, challenging and disputes takes place here. So, if you don't like that, then I suggest finding a forum where there's none of that allowed at all. If not, I'll say when someone was in the wrong, Jesus told them so, because there's right and wrong behavior, and there's truths and falsehoods. In this thread, someone said Jesus isn't human. I showed them why that belief is false, because it's the right thing to do.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The road I am on is the narrow road and the word of God is spiritual not just literal ! The HS will not allow a believer to take many turns off the path without correction.

How about from now on YOU leave me in God's hands and KEEP YOUR ADVICE OR WHATEVER TO YOURSELF!
Then do not post things in public on a forum where it is understood people will respond.

But let me ask you an honest question, so I am not misunderstanding you If I am I will gladly apologize.
So here is the question: When you say the Word of God is spiritual and not just literal what exactly do you mean? Maybe I am understanding it from others peoples definitions and not yours.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then do not post things in public on a forum where it is understood people will respond.

But let me ask you an honest question, so I am not misunderstanding you If I am I will gladly apologize.
So here is the question: When you say the Word of God is spiritual and not just literal what exactly do you mean? Maybe I am understanding it from others peoples definitions and not yours.
You also are FREE to post on a public open forum just do not quote me.

Spiritual is discerned in light of the Spirit's teaching to those whom are in Christ. He embeds the truth of the word in the heart of believers and it becomes a part of our DNA, as his letter to the world.
2 Corinthians 3:3
Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

To receive it only as a literal book, which many do, is to lack understanding and wisdom. There is no LIFE in doing this.

I would never declare a new revelation nor insight of the word that is not free to all whom believe and partake of it in the HS inspiration. There is NO private interpretation.Most Spirit guided believers see much of the word of God in the same way.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but we can't all be right in claiming the Holy Spirit is guiding our understanding of Scripture, because out of all numerous interpretations, they can't all be right and they're not. There are people who are wrong because they're negligent with the language, context, etc., of Scripture. Too many Christians apply a literal and/or modern understanding to archaic text and circumstances and it's causing problems.
Whats followed by the spirit is agape love.m, peace, joy, forgiveness, etc… It doesnt matter the knowledge of another person.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whats followed by the spirit is agape love.m, peace, joy, forgiveness, etc… It doesnt matter the knowledge of another person.

What we're talking about are people who reject Scripture in its original language, apply modern understanding to archaic text, etc., and thus there are people who are wrong in their understanding of scriptural verses because of this.