Did God Kill Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did God Kill Jesus?

Absolutely Not!

Jesus IS the Word of God.
No, God Does NOT Stand Against Himself.

Glory to God,
Taken

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did God Kill Jesus?​

No, God decided to Incarnate Himself, and become human (Jesus), so as to be able to die for humanity (the perfect sacrifice), and thus God Himself is our Messiah.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did God Kill Jesus?​

No, God decided to Incarnate Himself, and become human (Jesus), so as to be able to die for humanity (the perfect sacrifice), and thus God Himself is our Messiah.

Agree with your conceptual point, but not your wording.

God did not become a Human…any more than a Human can become God.

God was revealed in the LIKENESS AS a Human, to teach Humans How to Become in Gods LIKENESS, and offer a Way for Humans to Become in Gods LIKENESS.

Heb 10:
[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me

Phil 2:
[8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Glory to God,
Taken

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree with your conceptual point, but not your wording.

God did not become a Human…any more than a Human can become God.

God was revealed in the LIKENESS AS a Human, to teach Humans How to Become in Gods LIKENESS, and offer a Way for Humans to Become in Gods LIKENESS.

Heb 10:
[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me

Phil 2:
[8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Glory to God,
Taken

In Jn. 1:14, Jesus is referred to as "the Word made flesh," the same Word identified as God 13 verses prior in Jn. 1:1: "καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος" (and God was the Word), and thus Jesus the Messiah is God Incarnate: the eternal God "Θεὸς αἰώνιος" (Gen. 21:33).

Additionally, Moses said to God that the children of Israel will ask the name of the one who sent him, then asked what name shall he tell them: "Καὶ εἶπε Μωυσῆς πρὸς τὸν Θεὸν, ἰδοὺ ἐγὼ ἐξελεύσομαι πρὸς τοὺς υἱοὺς ᾿Ισραὴλ, καὶ ἐρῶ πρὸς αὐτοὺς, Θεὸς τῶν πατέρων ἡμῶν ἀπέσταλκέ με πρὸς ὑμᾶς: ἐρωτήσουσί με, τί ὄνομα αὐτῷ; τί ἐρῶ. πρὸς αὐτούς; Καὶ εἶπεν ὁ Θεὸς πρὸς Μωυσῆν, λέγων, ἐγώ εἰμι ὃ "Qu: (I AM THE BEING): καὶ εἶπεν, οὕτως ἐρεῖς τοῖς υἱοῖς Ἰσραὴλ, ὁ Ὧν ἀπέσταλκέ με πρὸς ὑμᾶς (say to the children of Israel THE BEING has sent me to you)." (Ex. 3:13-14)

Fast forward to the scene of Jn. 8:58, where Jesus claimed to be eternal and to have existed before Abraham, but more importantly, He called himself by the ancient title ascribed only to God Himself: "...πρὶν (before) Ἀβραὰμ (Abraham) γενέσθαι ἐγὼ (I) εἰμί (AM)." The Pharisees knew exactly what Jesus meant by this. From their perspective, Jesus said specifically, “I am God”. How do we know this was their interpretations of His words? We know it from their reaction. They responded by attempting to stone Jesus for claiming to be God (an act of blasphemy they considered worthy of death): "ἦραν (picked) οὖν λίθους (stones) ἵνα (to) βάλωσιν (throw) ἐπ' (at) αὐτόν (him): Ἰησοῦς δὲ ἐκρύβη καὶ ἐξῆλθεν ἐκ τοῦ ἱεροῦ," but He escaped them (Jn. 8:59).

Now, how was Jesus existing before Abraham was born? As He's always existed: as the Word with God (ὁ (the) λόγος (Word) ἦν (was) πρὸς τὸν (with) θεόν (God), and at the same time also as God (θεὸς (God) ἦν (was) ὁ (the) λόγος (Word) (Jn. 1:1), the eternal God "Θεὸς αἰώνιος" (Gen. 21:33), and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us (Jn. 1:14).

In Jn. 10:22-36, again the Pharisees understood Jesus was calling Himself God, and they wanted to kill him for it, for they said: "ἀπεκρίθησαν αὐτῷ οἱ Ἰουδαῖοι, Περὶ καλοῦ ἔργου οὐ λιθάζομέν (stone) σε (you) ἀλλὰ περὶ (for) βλασφημίας (blasphemy), καὶ ὅτι σὺ ἄνθρωπος ὢν ποιεῖς (making) σεαυτὸν (yourself) θεόν (God)" (Jn. 10:33), and Jesus didn't deny it because He did as He's God Incarnate.

The same Jesus said to be God by His apostle, Thomas: "ἀπεκρίθη (replied) Θωμᾶς (Thomas) καὶ (and) εἶπεν (saying) αὐτῷ (to), Ὁ κύριός (Lord) μου (my) καὶ (and) ὁ θεός (God) μου." (Jn. 20:28)

The apostles knew Jesus was God. Even the Pharisees understood Jesus called Himself God, though they didn't believe Him, which is why they tried to kill Him for blasphemy, and Jesus never denied it when they acknowledged He claimed to be God, because He is. Therefore, how can you doubt it?

Last edited:
Reactions: friend of

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Jn. 1:14, Jesus is referred to as "the Word made flesh," the same Word identified as God 13 verses prior in Jn. 1:1: "καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος" (and God was the Word), and thus Jesus the Messiah is God Incarnate: the eternal God "Θεὸς αἰώνιος" (Gen. 21:33).

Additionally, Moses said to God that the children of Israel will ask the name of the one who sent him, then asked what name shall he tell them: "Καὶ εἶπε Μωυσῆς πρὸς τὸν Θεὸν, ἰδοὺ ἐγὼ ἐξελεύσομαι πρὸς τοὺς υἱοὺς ᾿Ισραὴλ, καὶ ἐρῶ πρὸς αὐτοὺς, Θεὸς τῶν πατέρων ἡμῶν ἀπέσταλκέ με πρὸς ὑμᾶς: ἐρωτήσουσί με, τί ὄνομα αὐτῷ; τί ἐρῶ. πρὸς αὐτούς; Καὶ εἶπεν ὁ Θεὸς πρὸς Μωυσῆν, λέγων, ἐγώ εἰμι ὃ "Qu: (I AM THE BEING): καὶ εἶπεν, οὕτως ἐρεῖς τοῖς υἱοῖς Ἰσραὴλ, ὁ Ὧν ἀπέσταλκέ με πρὸς ὑμᾶς (say to the children of Israel THE BEING has sent me to you)." (Ex. 3:13-14)

Fast forward to the scene of Jn. 8:58, where Jesus claimed to be eternal and to have existed before Abraham, but more importantly, He called himself by the ancient title ascribed only to God Himself: "...πρὶν (before) Ἀβραὰμ (Abraham) γενέσθαι ἐγὼ (I) εἰμί (AM)." The Pharisees knew exactly what Jesus meant by this. From their perspective, Jesus said specifically, “I am God”. How do we know this was their interpretations of His words? We know it from their reaction. They responded by attempting to stone Jesus for claiming to be God (an act of blasphemy they considered worthy of death): "ἦραν (picked) οὖν λίθους (stones) ἵνα (to) βάλωσιν (throw) ἐπ' (at) αὐτόν (him): Ἰησοῦς δὲ ἐκρύβη καὶ ἐξῆλθεν ἐκ τοῦ ἱεροῦ," but He escaped them (Jn. 8:59).

Now, how was Jesus existing before Abraham was born? As He's always existed: as the Word with God (ὁ (the) λόγος (Word) ἦν (was) πρὸς τὸν (with) θεόν (God), and at the same time also as God (θεὸς (God) ἦν (was) ὁ (the) λόγος (Word) (Jn. 1:1), the eternal God "Θεὸς αἰώνιος" (Gen. 21:33), and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us (Jn. 1:14).

In Jn. 10:22-36, again the Pharisees understood Jesus was calling Himself God, and they wanted to kill him for it, for they said: "ἀπεκρίθησαν αὐτῷ οἱ Ἰουδαῖοι, Περὶ καλοῦ ἔργου οὐ λιθάζομέν (stone) σε (you) ἀλλὰ περὶ (for) βλασφημίας (blasphemy), καὶ ὅτι σὺ ἄνθρωπος ὢν ποιεῖς (making) σεαυτὸν (yourself) θεόν (God)" (Jn. 10:33), and Jesus didn't deny it because He did as He's God Incarnate.

The same Jesus said to be God by His apostle, Thomas: "ἀπεκρίθη (replied) Θωμᾶς (Thomas) καὶ (and) εἶπεν (saying) αὐτῷ (to), Ὁ κύριός (Lord) μου (my) καὶ (and) ὁ θεός (God) μου." (Jn. 20:28)

The apostles knew Jesus was God. Even the Pharisees understood Jesus called Himself God, though they didn't believe Him, which is why they tried to kill Him for blasphemy, and Jesus never denied it when they acknowledged He claimed to be God, because He is.

Yes.

Therefore, how can you doubt it?

Uh…Not once have I doubted or said such.

Why are you asking me How/why I doubt THAT Jesus IS God?

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

Uh…Not once have I doubted or said such.

YES JESUS IS GOD !

All the rejectors of THIS truth and the truth of the word of God will find themselves on the broad path to destruction and the lake of fire.

Behold, TODAY is the day of your salvation, if you repent and turn to God and away from the doctrines, interpretations, and out-right LIES of those whom follow their father, the devil !

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus's apostle Thomas called Him "God:" "ἀπεκρίθη (replied) Θωμᾶς (Thomas) καὶ (and) εἶπεν (saying) αὐτῷ (to), Ὁ κύριός (Lord) μου (my) καὶ (and) ὁ θεός (God) μου." (Jn. 20:28)

The apostles knew Jesus was God. Even the Pharisees understood Jesus called Himself God, though they didn't believe Him, which is why they tried to kill Him for blasphemy, and Jesus never denied it when they acknowledged He claimed to be God, because He is. Therefore, how can you doubt it?

It's because you said, "God did not become a Human," which means you don't agree Jesus is God, in other words God Incarnate. However, in your latest reply, you agreed with my saying Jesus is God, or God Incarnate. So, apparently you don't disagree that Jesus is God, or God Incarnate.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's because you said, "God did not become a Human." So, you now agree that Jesus is God Incarnate?

A HUMAN is a created FORM of dust.
A SPIRIT “appearing” AS a FORMED Human, does NOT MAKE the Creator the Created.

Do you not KNOW, Angels are Spirits, with POWER to reveal themselves in the LIKENESS AS A HUMAN man?

Does that MAKE them a Human man?
No. It simple informs us SPRITS HAVE great Power to appear as a created human man.

And to this day…Scriptures teach to be kind to strangers…..you might unknowingly be in the presence of an angel.

Heb 13:
[2] Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

God is NOT the Created.
Human men ARE Created.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A HUMAN is a created FORM of dust.
A SPIRIT “appearing” AS a FORMED Human, does NOT MAKE the Creator the Created.

Do you not KNOW, Angels are Spirits, with POWER to reveal themselves in the LIKENESS AS A HUMAN man?

Does that MAKE them a Human man?
No. It simple informs us SPRITS HAVE great Power to appear as a created human man.

And to this day…Scriptures teach to be kind to strangers…..you might unknowingly be in the presence of an angel.

Heb 13:
[2] Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

God is NOT the Created.
Human men ARE Created.

First, you disagree that Jesus is God Incarnate, then you agree, and now you disagree again. Well, then I'll say God wasn't created for He is eternal. God is also Spirit, which is why He incarnated a part of Himself into human flesh: Jesus. He did this so as to die for humanity, since a Spirit cannot die physically. God Incarnate, the Messiah, is completely pure and holy in body and spirit, making Him a perfect and worthy sacrifice on the behalf of humanity.

I've shown you multiple scenes in Scripture where Jesus called Himself "God." Even the Pharisees understood Jesus called Himself "God," but they didn't accept He was God Incarnate, which is why they tried to kill Him for "blasphemy." Jesus's apostle, Thomas, understood He is God Incarnate, by having called Him "God."

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God wasn't created for He is eternal. God is also Spirit. That's why He incarnated a part of Himself into human flesh: Jesus. He did this to so as to die for humanity, since a Spirit cannot die physically. God Incarnate, the Messiah, is completely pure and holy in body and spirit, making Him a perfect and worthy sacrifice on the behalf of humanity.

I've shown you multiple scenes in Scripture where Jesus called Himself "God." Even the Pharisees understood Jesus called Himself "God," but they didn't accept He was God Incarnate, which is why they tried to kill Him for "blasphemy." Jesus's apostle, Thomas, understood Jesus is God Incarnate, which is why He called Him "God."

AS a body (THAT GOD PREPARED), is not the same as IS a human body.

Human body’s COME OUT From the Dust of the Earth…Period

The Word of God (God named Jesus), came forth OUT FROM Gods mouth IN Heaven…and was SENT to Earth IN A BODY, God Prepared.

The Difference is…
IS a human man or AS a man.
Scripture says AS a man…
Men corruptly teach IS a “human man.”

And some men go so far as to teach the ridiculously Mathematical equation…of
100% human AND 100% God…:rolleyes:

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

However, Jesus isn't a spirit who manifested Himself in the appearance of a human. He began His life on Earth conceived in a womb by the Holy Spirit (God), was born, lived, and died as a human. Therefore, God Incarnated a part of Himself thus. I've shown you multiple scenes in Scripture where Jesus called Himself "God." Even the Pharisees understood Jesus called Himself "God," but they didn't accept He was God Incarnate, which is why they tried to kill Him for "blasphemy." Jesus's apostle, Thomas, understood He's God Incarnate, by having called Him "God."

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, Jesus isn't a spirit who manifested Himself in the appearance of a human. He began His life on Earth conceived in a womb, born, lived, and died as a human. God Incarnated a part of Himself thus.

Actually…the Word of God is Eternal…regardless of when human men Learned His name.

Gods Word is God…IS Spirit.
Gods Power is God, IS His Glory…IS Spirit.

God named His Word….Jesus
God named His Power….Christ.

And whether of not you know or believe it…
Gods Word, Gods Power, Gods Spirit has NO Beginning or Ending…

Heb 13:
[8] Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually…the Word of God is Eternal…regardless of when human men Learned His name.

Gods Word is God…IS Spirit.
Gods Power is God, IS His Glory…IS Spirit.

God named His Word….Jesus
God named His Power….Christ.

And whether of not you know or believe it…
Gods Word, Gods Power, Gods Spirit has NO Beginning or Ending…

Heb 13:
[8] Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Again, God is eternal, but also Spirit. A spirit cannot die physically, but God wanted to die physically on the behalf of humanity, for He is the perfect sacrifice. So, He incarnated a part of Himself becoming human. God as a human (Jesus) has a beginning, as a part of Himself was conceived in a womb by the Holy Spirit, but at the same time He's still the eternal God who has no beginning or end, because at the same time God exists in Heaven in His spirit form. The Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit are the one God. The one God is a triune God.

I've shown you multiple scenes in Scripture where Jesus called Himself "God." Even the Pharisees understood Jesus called Himself "God," yet they didn't accept He's God Incarnate, which is why they tried to kill Him for "blasphemy." Jesus's apostle, Thomas, understood He's God Incarnate, by having called Him "God."

Last edited:
Reactions: The Learner

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES JESUS IS GOD !

All the rejectors of THIS truth and the truth of the word of God will find themselves on the broad path to destruction and the lake of fire.

Behold, TODAY is the day of your salvation, if you repent and turn to God and away from the doctrines, interpretations, and out-right LIES of those whom follow their father, the devil !
March onward in the trenches dear sister . the LORD is with the lambs .

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus IS the NAME of the Word of God.

Dec 12, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus IS the NAME of the Word of God made flesh," the same Word identified as God 13 verses prior in Jn. 1:1: "καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος" (and God was the Word), and thus Jesus the Messiah is God Incarnate: the eternal God "Θεὸς αἰώνιος" (Gen. 21:33).

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus IS the NAME of the Word of God...

Read what Scripture actually says: "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us" (Jn. 1:14). Who is the Word that became flesh? Jesus. The Word is Who Jesus is, the same Word identified as God 13 verses prior in Jn. 1:1: "καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος" (and God was the Word), and thus Jesus the Messiah is God Incarnate: the eternal God "Θεὸς αἰώνιος" (Gen. 21:33).

Dec 12, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read what Scripture actually says: "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us" (Jn. 1:14) Who is the Word that became flesh? Jesus. The Word is Who Jesus is, the same Word identified as God 13 verses prior in Jn. 1:1: "καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος" (and God was the Word), and thus Jesus the Messiah is God Incarnate: the eternal God "Θεὸς αἰώνιος" (Gen. 21:33).
Read what Scripture actually says the way I read it: "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us" (Jn. 1:14) Who is the Word that became flesh? Jesus. The Word is Who Jesus is, the same Word identified as God 13 verses prior in Jn. 1:1: "καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος" (and God was the Word), and thus Jesus the Messiah is God Incarnate: the eternal God "Θεὸς αἰώνιος" (Gen. 21:33).