Did Jesus claim to be God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[MKJV] Acts 7:55
But being full of the Holy Spirit, looking up intently into Heaven, he saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God

[MKJV] John 5:30
I can do nothing of My own self. As I hear, I judge, and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of the Father who has sent Me.
first thanks for the reply, second, I see you have no clue as to what the Right hand/Arm of God means. so lets get educated. Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me”. the right "ARM" or "hand" of God is God himself. standing simply means acting in "POWER".
so mjrhealth, tellus how is the Lord Jesus standing on God right, when God #1. is a Spirit , B. who is everywhere at the same time?. God have no side to stand on, for there is no end to God, see how silly that is for someone to be standing on God Right.
Right hand or right ARM is only an anthropomorphism use to describe God actions. so it's not taken literally. but knowing this it explain your, "I can do nothing of My own self".

as Jesus is the "ARM" or right hand of God in flesh, lets understand this concept of "I DO NOTHING OF MYSELF".
The arm of flesh vs The Arm of the LORD, “authority”​

to understand, Sennacherib the king of assyria was invading Judah, and Hezekiah king in Judah said this, let's read. 2 Chronicles 32:7 "Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the king of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: for there be more with us than with him: verse 8 With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah". one of the failing prompts of the Unitarians, JW belief, and others is this. they say, "Jesus is not God", and one of there excuses, "he could do nothing of himself", John 8:28 "Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things”. as the "the ARM of God", he was not authorized to act alone. this is clear as with the Assyrian army. no army, (an ARM of flesh, foot soldiers) act alone, or on their own power. not even our, the American Army, just get up and go to war with another country without authorization from the commander in chief, or congress. just as my own arm don't wave unless I authorized it to wave. just as a penny on the ground for example. the head gives direction to the body. this is explained in the understanding of the use of POWERS, the G1411 dunamis, and the G1849 exousia. just as the Army, here an ARM of Flesh, can do nothing of their own (BINGO), so do the Lord Jesus, he don't act alone while in a diverse state. this was one of the reason why he was in G2758 keno, (to abase, neutralize, or make of none effect), just like us ... "POWERLESS". but at his baptism he was authorized with G1849 exousia, (the Holy Spirit, his own Spirit), to act in the NAME of God which he wore... JESUS, he, the Spirit, who doth the work. as to forgive sin, heal the sick, raise the dead, and so on. he is our example of how the G1849 exousia works. and that's why we, as 1 John 3:2a states, "now we're the Sons of God". because we was not before. by default we all was the son of the evil one. our Lord Jesus having the NATURE, (see Phil 2:5) of God. yes, HAVING, is BEING IN THE FORM of God, having his nature, (Isaiah 63:5), he took on our humanity. so that as the "KINSMAN" redeemer in flesh and blood he then could give that BLOOD, which is the LIFE of the flesh, (see Lev 17:11), and redeem man from sin. this is the "OBJECTIVE" of God, his plan, and his will. and “BEING” in that flesh he GOD, Jesus, carried out his plan of salvation for Man. again his "OWN" arm brought salvation unto him, (see Isaiah 63:5). so that answers the “if Christ is God, how come he could do nothing of himself”. another excuse vanquish, and laid to the side. the Lord Jesus is the EQUAL SHARED Spirit IN FLESH AND BONE, THAT IS A NUMERICIAL DIFFERENCE, meaning in concrete form, (per Phil 2:6). this is what the definition G243 allos express. when one have a, DIFFERENCE, (here having flesh and blood), the term is called DIFFERENTIATION. look it up. question, since our Lord Jesus is the NUMERICIAL DIFFERENCE, as G243 express, which is a Shared state of the Spirit, meaning two of the same one person. so what is the OPPOSITE of DIFFERENTIATION?, since the process of our Lord being “ANOTHER”, so, what is the opposite process of DIFFERENTIATION, answer, "ASSIMILATION". listen to the definition of "ASSIMILATION" is to take in and incorporate as one's own, other words, (within), meaning one's own self, which is what the Lord Jesus is, his “OWN” arm. STOP, go back to the definition of be "SUBJECT", G5293 ὑποτάσσω hupotasso (hoop-ot-as'-so), in 1 Corinthians 15:28 meaning “within” the power of, (BINGO there is your RIGHT HAND), "WITHIN" the POWER of God. supportive scripture, 1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God." meaning, oneness in all things, especially in POWER, both the G1411 dunamis, and the G1849 exousia. supportive scripture, Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily”. (BINGO, there it is).

the Right hand of God simply means he, Jesus, in the glorified body is both, Lord, the almighty, GOD and Christ, God in flesh... :D

Thomas had it Right "My Lord and my God".

PICJAG.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
first thanks for the reply, second, I see you have no clue as to what the Right hand/Arm of God means. so lets get educated. Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me”. the right "ARM" or "hand" of God is God himself. standing simply means acting in "POWER".
so mjrhealth, tellus how is the Lord Jesus standing on God right, when God #1. is a Spirit , B. who is everywhere at the same time?. God have no side to stand on, for there is no end to God, see how silly that is for someone to be standing on God Right.
Right hand or right ARM is only an anthropomorphism use to describe God actions. so it's not taken literally. but knowing this it explain your, "I can do nothing of My own self".

as Jesus is the "ARM" or right hand of God in flesh, lets understand this concept of "I DO NOTHING OF MYSELF".
The arm of flesh vs The Arm of the LORD, “authority”​

to understand, Sennacherib the king of assyria was invading Judah, and Hezekiah king in Judah said this, let's read. 2 Chronicles 32:7 "Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the king of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: for there be more with us than with him: verse 8 With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah". one of the failing prompts of the Unitarians, JW belief, and others is this. they say, "Jesus is not God", and one of there excuses, "he could do nothing of himself", John 8:28 "Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things”. as the "the ARM of God", he was not authorized to act alone. this is clear as with the Assyrian army. no army, (an ARM of flesh, foot soldiers) act alone, or on their own power. not even our, the American Army, just get up and go to war with another country without authorization from the commander in chief, or congress. just as my own arm don't wave unless I authorized it to wave. just as a penny on the ground for example. the head gives direction to the body. this is explained in the understanding of the use of POWERS, the G1411 dunamis, and the G1849 exousia. just as the Army, here an ARM of Flesh, can do nothing of their own (BINGO), so do the Lord Jesus, he don't act alone while in a diverse state. this was one of the reason why he was in G2758 keno, (to abase, neutralize, or make of none effect), just like us ... "POWERLESS". but at his baptism he was authorized with G1849 exousia, (the Holy Spirit, his own Spirit), to act in the NAME of God which he wore... JESUS, he, the Spirit, who doth the work. as to forgive sin, heal the sick, raise the dead, and so on. he is our example of how the G1849 exousia works. and that's why we, as 1 John 3:2a states, "now we're the Sons of God". because we was not before. by default we all was the son of the evil one. our Lord Jesus having the NATURE, (see Phil 2:5) of God. yes, HAVING, is BEING IN THE FORM of God, having his nature, (Isaiah 63:5), he took on our humanity. so that as the "KINSMAN" redeemer in flesh and blood he then could give that BLOOD, which is the LIFE of the flesh, (see Lev 17:11), and redeem man from sin. this is the "OBJECTIVE" of God, his plan, and his will. and “BEING” in that flesh he GOD, Jesus, carried out his plan of salvation for Man. again his "OWN" arm brought salvation unto him, (see Isaiah 63:5). so that answers the “if Christ is God, how come he could do nothing of himself”. another excuse vanquish, and laid to the side. the Lord Jesus is the EQUAL SHARED Spirit IN FLESH AND BONE, THAT IS A NUMERICIAL DIFFERENCE, meaning in concrete form, (per Phil 2:6). this is what the definition G243 allos express. when one have a, DIFFERENCE, (here having flesh and blood), the term is called DIFFERENTIATION. look it up. question, since our Lord Jesus is the NUMERICIAL DIFFERENCE, as G243 express, which is a Shared state of the Spirit, meaning two of the same one person. so what is the OPPOSITE of DIFFERENTIATION?, since the process of our Lord being “ANOTHER”, so, what is the opposite process of DIFFERENTIATION, answer, "ASSIMILATION". listen to the definition of "ASSIMILATION" is to take in and incorporate as one's own, other words, (within), meaning one's own self, which is what the Lord Jesus is, his “OWN” arm. STOP, go back to the definition of be "SUBJECT", G5293 ὑποτάσσω hupotasso (hoop-ot-as'-so), in 1 Corinthians 15:28 meaning “within” the power of, (BINGO there is your RIGHT HAND), "WITHIN" the POWER of God. supportive scripture, 1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God." meaning, oneness in all things, especially in POWER, both the G1411 dunamis, and the G1849 exousia. supportive scripture, Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily”. (BINGO, there it is).

the Right hand of God simply means he, Jesus, in the glorified body is both, Lord, the almighty, GOD and Christ, God in flesh... :D

Thomas had it Right "My Lord and my God".

PICJAG.
Hmm you still dont get it do you. Make it simple, God spoke His word, Mary received His word and accepted it than His word bore life and that life is Christ. God sent His word and it returned to Him.

Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm you still dont get it do you. Make it simple, God spoke His word, Mary received His word and accepted it than His word bore life and that life is Christ. God sent His word and it returned to Him.

Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
GINOLJC, to all.
No it's you who don't get it. even out of your own mouth you're not even listing to your ownself, is not God Word him? My God how unconscious can one be?. listen to yourself, "Make it simple, God spoke His word". do you hear yourself? HIS, HIS, HIS, Word is HIM.

PICJAG.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Jesus is the Word who said let there be light and there was light.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
GINOLJC, to all.
No it's you who don't get it. even out of your own mouth you're not even listing to your ownself, is not God Word him? My God how unconscious can one be?. listen to yourself, "Make it simple, God spoke His word". do you hear yourself? HIS, HIS, HIS, Word is HIM.

PICJAG.
Exodus 20:7

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that mean?
it's a Greeting I use when I first come on the site each day, it means, Greeting in the name of the Lord Jesus the Christ

Greeting
In
the
Name
Of
the
Lord
Jesus
the
Christ

No "T" because no more cross.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 20:7
Exodus 20:7 "Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain."
this is correct of God, because "WHAT" he is or "WHO" he is in name is important. he had not yet given his personal name, because he had not yet MANIFESTED that name in the world. for he had not yet COME in that name to wear it while in flesh. supportive scripture, Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I." so if his people "SHALL" know his name, then they didn't know his name before, which was his PERSONAL name.

well let me make it clear. the people knew "WHAT" God name was, but not "WHO" God is in his Personal name. see the difference? "WHAT" God name is not his PERSONAL name is. for he had not yet in the OT manifested it. so it was to the people advantage not to know his personal name, but "WHAT" his name was in titles, and appellation, as in "I AM". "I AM" is not God's personal name as to who he is, but "I AM" is "WHAT" he is in name.

and when he came, the name he came in is his PERSONAL NAME..... "YESHUA/JESUS".

PICJAG.

Reactions: Cooper

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Exodus 20:7 "Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain."
this is correct of God, because "WHAT" he is or "WHO" he is in name is important. he had not yet given his personal name, because he had not yet MANIFESTED that name in the world. for he had not yet COME in that name to wear it while in flesh. supportive scripture, Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I." so if his people "SHALL" know his name, then they didn't know his name before, which was his PERSONAL name.

well let me make it clear. the people knew "WHAT" God name was, but not "WHO" God is in his Personal name. see the difference? "WHAT" God name is not his PERSONAL name is. for he had not yet in the OT manifested it. so it was to the people advantage not to know his personal name, but "WHAT" his name was in titles, and appellation, as in "I AM". "I AM" is not God's personal name as to who he is, but "I AM" is "WHAT" he is in name.

and when he came, the name he came in is his PERSONAL NAME..... "YESHUA/JESUS".

PICJAG.
So don't go taking the name of Jesus in vain.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You do glorify Jesus. My comment was aimed at those who deny him.
101G does not glorify Jesus, since he MISREPRESENTS Christ and rejects the Holy Trinity. Check out all his posts for false teachings.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
101G does not glorify Jesus, since he MISREPRESENTS Christ and rejects the Holy Trinity. Check out all his posts for false teachings.

Not realizing it, 101G do speak of the Holy Trinity but he calls it a "oneness/shared" gospel, which by the way, is a heresy.

For instance, he does not recognize 2 Corinthians 13:14 as Scripture which reads:

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen."

Reactions: Enoch111

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not realizing it, 101G do speak of the Holy Trinity but he calls it a "oneness/shared" gospel, which by the way, is a heresy.

For instance, he does not recognize 2 Corinthians 13:14 as Scripture which reads:

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen."
I did not know that. Thank you.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

to both, thanks for the reply, second, you're halfway right, and anything halfway right is a fully wrong in disguise :D other words you both ERROR and don't know the TRUTH, no put down, but simply an observation. I have disproved all your trinity scriptures, and reproved you in the same by correctly answering your trinity errors. as 1 Thessalonians 5:21 states, "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." I have taken away your "our" and "Us" in Genesis 1:26. and your so-called trio at our Lord's baptism, and the 1 John 5:7 and 8... :eek:

Just because I don't follow a man made fales unproven doctrine is not a heresy. as a matter of fact is a badge of honor not to follow an ERROR.
and just because one is taught of the Holy Ghost, why get mad with me? go to God for yourself. because when one say that the trinity is a mystery, then they are truly lost. for the bible is plain and clear... "THERE IS NO TRINITY" but you been taught to believe in a trinity. your choice, makes no difference with me.

the only thing I require of you two is to prove me wrong, or in ERROR..... :p just like the 2 Corinthians 13:14 scripture. is that three person because the "and" is in there? well lets see if that work at all. James 1:27 "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

wait, HOLD IT, is not God the "Father"... :eek: but what do it say say here in James? God ...... AND .... the Father? it make you want to shout and throw your hands up in the air like you just don't care... (smile)... lol, lol, lol. either one of you, or both, is that two person in James 1:27 or ONE? :rolleyes:
yea, that's just what you thaught, and the same is in Corinthians 13:14. the same one person, .... lol, lol, lol. oh boy o boy, when will they ever learn.

PICJAG.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is the Word who said let there be light and there was light.
No HE didnt God, did and His word did as HE said, and light became. Of course His word always existed just as Christ being His word was always, I can understand why Jesus said He was before Abraham, because God exits outside of time. When my x rings, she cannot tell the differnce between me and my son, we sound the same but we are not the same, Christ came to do the will of the father and that He did, they are one in agreement and accord, so they are one just as is the Holy Spirit. And one day when you get to see God and Jesus you will go oh there are two of you.

Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

See all there at the one place at the same time but separate.