Did Jesus claim to be God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An interesting. When i read the title i stopped and thought about it and I couldn't remember Jesus ever saying it directly
After that, some of the verses which u quoted came to mind. U made some very good points

Then u know what came to mind, the Trinity. Im fairly sure that the bible doesn't use that term of explain the Trinity as we know it
And so for Protestants who are sola scripture how do they explain this doctrine that doesn't appear in the Bible

The apostle Paul gave warning against divisions in the church. We read...

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Regardless of Paul's concern, we now have THOUSANDS of denominations. Some of which are Lutheran (of Martin Luther the German monk who began the Protestant Reformation), some are Calvinists (of John Calvin), Baptists, Catholic and the list goes on.

After Paul's warning to the Church, his concerns came to pass.

While on the Isle of Patmos, God allowed John to look into the future. And he saw something with "great admiration" as recorded In Revelation 17:6. God allowed John to see the Great Whore, the Spiritual Mother of Harlots. John's wonder was NOT coming from the standpoint of desire, but rather of showing intense shock or surprise joined with indignation at her.

Let's take a look as this scene unfolds...

Revelation 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
[2] With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
[3] So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
[4] And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
[5] And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Revelation 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
[7] And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
[8] The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Revelation 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

Rome is known to be built upon seven hills. Rome was said to have been founded when Romulus and Remus, twin sons of Mars, ended up at the foot of the hill Palatine and founded the city. The other six hills are Capitoline (the seat of government), Quirinal, Viminal, Esquiline, Caelian, and Aventine.

History records that a Roman Emperor named Constantine was very instrumental in setting up the First General Council of Churches in 325 A.D., known as the Council of Nicaea. The Church of Rome became the Official Church of the Roman empire with Constantine as its head. This "universal" church with its man made doctrine was established so that EVERY subject of the Empire would belong to the Official Church of the Rome.

The THREE PERSON DOCTRINE which later evolved and was very clearly defined as such, was purely an orchestrated effort by Constantine designed to appease both the MONOTHEISTS (One God Christians) and the POLYTHEISTS (Multiple god pagans). From a strictly political standpoint, I guess you might say it was a brilliant move. Constantine stopped the persecution of Christians for a while so I don't guess he was all bad. However, the Roman Emperors were responsible for killing and torturing people (Christians) much like that of Hitler's Nazi death camps. The True Church was literally driven underground.

As a matter of fact, the May 1976 revised edition of Halley's Bible Handbook reports on pages 761-763 "...the church was regarded as a secret society..."; "...Christians were hunted in cave and forest; they were burned, thrown to wild beasts, put to death by every torture cruelty could devise." "Christian graves are variously estimated at between 2,000,000 and 7,000,000." Papal Persecutions against Protestants in later centuries far out numbered the Early Christian Martyrs under Pagan Rome.

Encyclopedia International, 1975 Edition, Vol.18, p.226 - The doctrine of the "Trinity" did not form part of the apostles' preaching, as this is reported in the New Testament.

New Catholic Encyclopedia, 1967 Edition, Vol.13, p.1021 - The first use of the Latin word "trinitas" (trinity) with reference to God, is found in Tertullian’s writings (about 213 A.D.) He was the first to use the term "persons" (plural) in a Trinitarian context.

Encyclopedia Americana, 1957 Edition, Vol.27, p.69 - The word "Trinity" is not in Scripture. The term "persons" (plural) is not applied in Scripture to the Trinity.

History also proves that the truth about one God was universally preached by the New Testament Church for many years after Christ, until the development of the "trinity" doctrine by the Roman Catholic Church.

It really isn't hard to PROVE where this doctrine originated, when it originated and by whom it originated. Even though most will insist that it came straight from the Bible. Since the Bible does NOT give any SPECIFIC authority for such a belief, MILLIONS are told it is a "MYSTERY" which they must accept by faith, because it cannot be explained or understood.

Interestingly enough the word "Mystery" is the name of the Mother Of Harlots...

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Let's look at how the MOTHER OF HARLOTS goes "Whoring"...

When we are Baptized in JESUS NAME, that is when we become the Bride of Christ, and that's when we take on His NAME.

Now, Satan wanted to take the NAME out of it because he knows the importance of it and that's the reason for the formulation of the doctrine of the trinity. Most churches baptize in the "titles" of Father, Son, Holy Ghost (including both Catholics and Protestants), which omits Jesus NAME.

Let's find out what Jesus' followers "SAID" in order to obey (fulfill) the Great Commission of Matthew 28:19...

Acts ‪2:38‬ "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the NAME of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

Acts ‪8:16‬ "(For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus)."

Acts 19:5 "When they heard this, they were baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus."

Here is what GOD SAYS...

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

The Judgment of the GREAT WHORE....

Revelation 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

Why does she say " I sit a queen, and am no widow" ... because she forsake Jesus NAME and took it out of BAPTISM. She replaced it with titles Father, Son, Holy Ghost. She NEVER took on the bride grooms NAME, therefore she is a widow.

Revelation 18:8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

The "pluralistic monotheism", that evolved out of (and traced back to) the First General Council of Churches (the Council of Nicaea) in 325 A.D. is a dogmatically held "theory" that is embraced by ALL of the organized (orthodox) denominations and religious organizations (including both Protestants and Catholics).

God bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.

first thanks for the reply, second, no you still don't see. God , the Lord Jesus, his body was prepared by him and for him... and was brought forth by a woman. is that too hard to understand?.

that's not a question, that's a deception of the devil. now if you want to know this, a woman "generated that flesh which was prepared by him and for him for nine months, and brought that flesh forth..... :)

another deception by satan. listen to the scriptures,Galatians 4:4 "But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law," did you get that revelation? God sent forth his... "Son?", now watch this, God sent forth his "Spirit". did you see that? the Son is the "EQUAL" Spirit shared in flesh. the Spirit, God, himself in flesh as the title holder"Son" in diversified flesh ..... :eek: see you didn't get that, did you, it just flew over your head. .. oh well...

another deception of the devil, again did you not READ, Luke 2:21 "And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb." not in the "ovaries" but in the WOMB. truther, are you really reading your bible?.

another deception on the evil one's part. how many times must we tell you, no, N..O, NO. Mary only birthed the flesh Jesus came in. she's only a surrogate mother to him by "BIRTH only.....

the same reason why he called Mary also .. his mother.. lol, ... "WOMAN". see, Son of Man is only an Identifying title. and here's why, Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:"
Philippians 2:8 "And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." BINGO, he identified with man. WHY? Hebrews 2:16 "For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham."
Hebrews 2:17 "Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people." NOW GET THIS, next verse, Hebrews 2:18 "For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted." that's why he is called the Son of man because God as a man redeemed man and as a man gave himself for man.

no, many knew he was not a biological "son", scripture, Luke 3:23 "And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli," it's right there in his genealogy.

let's see what he said, Luke 2:46 "And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions."
Luke 2:47 "And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers."
Luke 2:48 "And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing."
Luke 2:49 "And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?"
well what was he doing in the doctor office when his .. suppose father was a carpenter? ....... :eek: see, how.

LOL, my, oh my, as the Lord did, he turned the question around on them, so, "is the Child in Mary's womb is both women "LORD?". so Jesus was Elizabeth "Lord?". see the ingorance in the question.

well that scripture just answered your question, do the Holy Ghost, who is Spirit have "sperm?".
the scriptures are clear, Romans 8:5 "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit."
Romans 8:6 "For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace."
Romans 8:7 "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: (OH THAT'S THAT ENMITY SPOKE OF IN GENESIS CHAPTER 3), for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be." (many who think that God was concieve with a sperm and an egg, is enmity against God).
Romans 8:8 "So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God."

Now truther I answered your question one by one. now can you answer me a question?

question, think before you answer, is the Spirit of Christ God, whom many calls the Father?" yes, or no.

Lookming to hear from you.

PICJAG.
Here is what happens when someone get's the Holy Ghost now.

They get a combination of the quickening human spirit of Christ and the Spirit of God(human spirit and divine Spirit).

The divine Spirit, is inside the spirit body of the human spirit of Christ, then the 2 are inside us as the Holy Ghost.(God inside Jesus inside us).

This causes the Everlasting Father(God), to father us THROUGH the only begotten son, causing the son to be the Father by default.

So, when you see the son you see the Father.

When you pray to the son you pray to the Father.

They both are inseparable, yet the son is allowed to call his Father today, as we speak...."God".

So, our God still has a God via the Col 2:9 effect on his glorified, omnipresent spirit body.

Now you can be at peace with verses like this.....

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Which Jesus, in heaven for decades, speaks 4 times in a single verse of his God.

If you think that God became a man, then this verse and others like it will never make sense, but require mass commentary to attempt to make any kind of sense of it.
Most folks run from these verses and block them out of their minds.

Hey, the God of our Lord Jesus Christ bless you my friend.(1st century lingo).

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.

first thanks for the reply, second, no you still don't see. God , the Lord Jesus, his body was prepared by him and for him... and was brought forth by a woman. is that too hard to understand?.

that's not a question, that's a deception of the devil. now if you want to know this, a woman "generated that flesh which was prepared by him and for him for nine months, and brought that flesh forth..... :)

another deception by satan. listen to the scriptures,Galatians 4:4 "But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law," did you get that revelation? God sent forth his... "Son?", now watch this, God sent forth his "Spirit". did you see that? the Son is the "EQUAL" Spirit shared in flesh. the Spirit, God, himself in flesh as the title holder"Son" in diversified flesh ..... :eek: see you didn't get that, did you, it just flew over your head. .. oh well...

another deception of the devil, again did you not READ, Luke 2:21 "And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb." not in the "ovaries" but in the WOMB. truther, are you really reading your bible?.

another deception on the evil one's part. how many times must we tell you, no, N..O, NO. Mary only birthed the flesh Jesus came in. she's only a surrogate mother to him by "BIRTH only.....

the same reason why he called Mary also .. his mother.. lol, ... "WOMAN". see, Son of Man is only an Identifying title. and here's why, Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:"
Philippians 2:8 "And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." BINGO, he identified with man. WHY? Hebrews 2:16 "For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham."
Hebrews 2:17 "Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people." NOW GET THIS, next verse, Hebrews 2:18 "For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted." that's why he is called the Son of man because God as a man redeemed man and as a man gave himself for man.

no, many knew he was not a biological "son", scripture, Luke 3:23 "And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli," it's right there in his genealogy.

let's see what he said, Luke 2:46 "And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions."
Luke 2:47 "And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers."
Luke 2:48 "And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing."
Luke 2:49 "And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?"
well what was he doing in the doctor office when his .. suppose father was a carpenter? ....... :eek: see, how.

LOL, my, oh my, as the Lord did, he turned the question around on them, so, "is the Child in Mary's womb is both women "LORD?". so Jesus was Elizabeth "Lord?". see the ingorance in the question.

well that scripture just answered your question, do the Holy Ghost, who is Spirit have "sperm?".
the scriptures are clear, Romans 8:5 "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit."
Romans 8:6 "For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace."
Romans 8:7 "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: (OH THAT'S THAT ENMITY SPOKE OF IN GENESIS CHAPTER 3), for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be." (many who think that God was concieve with a sperm and an egg, is enmity against God).
Romans 8:8 "So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God."

Now truther I answered your question one by one. now can you answer me a question?

question, think before you answer, is the Spirit of Christ God, whom many calls the Father?" yes, or no.

Lookming to hear from you.

PICJAG.
Question...

Phil 2 shows us God thinking it not robbery to be equal with God?

Or...

A perfect man thinking it not robbery to be equal with God?

Think about it...

6 Who(Man), being in the form of God(Romans 5:14), thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation(did not exalt himself), and took upon him the form of a servant(man), and was made(by God) in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.(because he was a humble man)

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him(the man), and given him a name which is above every name:

Or as you think...

6 Who(God), being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God(HIMSELF)

7 But(GOD) made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and(GOD) was made in the likeness of men:

8 And(GOD) being found in fashion as a man, he(GOD) humbled himself, and became obedient unto death(GOD DIED), even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him(SELF), and given him(SELF) a name which is above every name:

...you serve a very, very humble God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is what happens when someone get's the Holy Ghost now.

They get a combination of the quickening human spirit of Christ and the Spirit of God(human spirit and divine Spirit).

The divine Spirit, is inside the spirit body of the human spirit of Christ, then the 2 are inside us as the Holy Ghost.(God inside Jesus inside us).
ERROR, there is only one Spirit who give us a spirit, supportive scripture, Isaiah 42:5 "Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:"

all of your your assessment is an ERROR.
Question...

Phil 2 shows us God thinking it not robbery to be equal with God?

Or...

A perfect man thinking it not robbery to be equal with God?

Think about it...
say what! are you serious?. this is simiply a equally "shared" nature, in flesh who Christ is simply the offspring or the diversity. where the "Spirit" is the Root.

and it's not what I think, but what the WORD say. so again all your assessment asr incorrect.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Helen

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regardless of Paul's concern, we now have THOUSANDS of denominations. Some of which are Lutheran (of Martin Luther the German monk who began the Protestant Reformation), some are Calvinists (of John Calvin), Baptists, Catholic and the list goes on.
Denominational differences aren't necessarily the divisions Paul had in mind. I was baptized in a Southern Baptist church and I have been member of a church associated with the General Association of Regular Baptists, a nondenominational Bible church, and an independent Baptist church. I have attended a Plymouth Brethren church, a Lutheran church and now attend an Assembly of God. There are superficial differences between these churches, especially the Lutheran church, but all taught the same gospel and on most issues they were all in agreement. On the other hand, there are often differences in belief within some denominations. For example, the United Methodist Church is planning to divide on the issue of same sex marriage. What matters is not what denomination you are part of but what you believe regarding the Bible.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus Claim To Be God?

The word “Trinity” does not appear in Holy Writ never the less the doctrine is clearly taught in both the Old and New Testaments. The words “omniscient” and “omnipresent” do not appear in the KJV of the Bible, and yet no serious Bible student will deny that the Scriptures do teach that God is omniscient and that He is omnipresent. That is He is all powerful and everywhere present.

Philosophers may project all sorts of arguments based upon various hypothesis but the man of God realizes that his only word of final authority is the Holy Scripture itself. We have to find out what the Bible says.

When the apostle Paul writes to the church of Corinth in 2 Corinthians 13:14: “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.”

Since the Bible definitely shows that the Son is God, and it also indicates that the Father is God, and teaches that the Holy Spirit is God, this verse also definitely shows there are three persons subsisting in the Godhead. Rather than arguing with the carnal mind “how can these things be” which unregenerate Nicodemus argued, let us learn what the Word of God reveals concerning the Holy Trinity, and accept its doctrine even though we will have to confess we don’t understand all that we find? As Paul would say in his blunt fashion, “Let every man be a liar if necessary but let God be God.” Let the Scripture stand as His Word.

Genesis 1:1 reads: “In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.” The word God is “Elohim” and that’s plural, and created “bara” is singular. The noun God is a plural form, the word create it is singular. This is particularly important when we remember when the Lord Jesus declared ‘every jot and tittle is inspired or God-breathed,’ so that every letter and every word in the original autograph of the Bible IS given by God.

Now, in the Hebrew language, there are three numbers we only have two in our language. The three numbers are singular, dual, and plural. Singular number speaks of “one,” dual number speaks of “two,” and plural number speaks of “three or more.” When a Hebrew noun ends in “im” the plural number is indicated. In Genesis 1:1 is said that Elohim, note the plural form in the ending was the creator, not just one, not just two, but at least three are involved in the act of creation.

The verb, however, is singular “bara” we might render it properly in this way: “In the beginning, God (plural) He (singular) created (singular) the heaven and the earth.” Seem like a contradiction isn’t it? If the subject God is plural, then the verb pronoun should be plural as well according to the rules of grammar. In other words, in the beginning, Gods they created the heaven and the earth. The point however that the Bible distinctly teaches that although God subsists in three different persons, He is still one God and NOT three Gods.

The opening of the Bible is not the only place we can find the interchange of the singular and plural. In Genesis 1:26-27 we read: “And God said, let us make man in our image, after our likeness.” So God created man in his image, in the image created He him male and female created He them. In this passage the word “said” is singular and “God said” so it is, and Elohim “He said” not they said. The uni plural noun Elohim is declared to be one by the singular personal pronoun as inflected in the word said, and then chooses a suitable dialog along or between the three persons of the Godhead. Elohim says (singular) let us make man in our (plural) image.

So that God (plural) created (singular) man in His (singular) own image. Now notice in verse 26 the personal pronouns are plural, in verse 27 the personal pronouns are singular. The singular and plural interchange defies such a carnal philosophy nor are we dealing with three Gods for the same interchange with the same combination declares that Jehovah though He is three persons is ONE GOD.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1. The diabolical sons of Arius who deny that the ONE GOD JEHOVAH subsist as three persons love to quote Deuteronomy 6:4 in defense of their heresy; apparently, they are unaware that Elohim is used in reference to the Godhead. Remember its a uni-plural noun. And they also fail to recognize that Jehovah is the sublime title for Him who is ONE GOD.

So they quote, “hear O Israel Jehovah our Elohim is one Jehovah. Remember when LORD is spelled with all capital letters in the Old Testament in the KJV, the printer is telling the English reader that the word behind LORD is YHWH or JEHOVAH. Please observe certain things quite plain in the English and even more clear in the Hebrew text: Jehovah (singular) our Elohim (plural) is one Jehovah (singular).

The one God Jehovah is seen subsisting in the plurality of three or more because the “im” ending of Elohim means three or more, and yet it declares He is one Jehovah even as in over Deuteronomy 4:35.

Another thing to be observed in this passage which so plainly declared the doctrine of the Trinity in such a dynamic way, is the little word “one.” This term speaks of a compound unity, the Hebrew word is “echad” and declares “oneness” in plurality.

Now there are several examples of this in the Old Testament that are openly displayed. For example, look at Genesis 11:6. Here we read: “Behold the people is one” and the word for ‘one’ here is the Hebrew word ‘echad’ where it says over in Deuteronomy 6:4 that Jehovah is “one.” People refer to the plural number but the predicate the “is” is singular, and the ‘one’ “echad” speaks of the “oneness” or complete unity of the plurality. In other words, there is a unity among the people that binds them together as “one people.” Therefore, we discover that the plural being spoken of is actually unity or singular.

This same Hebrew word can also be used in Genesis 2:24. This is a beautiful illustration here where “echad” is used and translated as “one.” The two shall be one flesh! Now the two (plural) shall be (plural) one (singular) flesh. Obviously, the word of God does not mean that when a man knows his wife that there shall after that be only one body, only one personality, and no longer two people. No, the idea is that plurality of persons shall continue to exist as separate and distinct personality, but they will share a “oneness” from the results of their intimate knowledge of one another. It is quite clear that the favorite text of the Unitarian is a powerful statement to the fact that God exists as a plurality of persons “Elohim” in one compound unity of the Godhead known as Jehovah.

We might also observe here for the technical term one only, or one alone and that’s “yahid,” but that is not the term used in Deuteronomy 6:4 or these other passages noted where it speaks of unity, or plurality, or the fact that God exists in three persons is ONE GOD.

There are also instances in which the precious doctrine of the Holy Trinity is to be found in the example of the glorious vision of Jehovah the King of Hosts in Isaiah 6. This deals with God the Father according to Bible scholars. We read: “Mine eyes have seen the King, Jehovah of hosts.” Although Isaiah has seen Jehovah seated upon the throne high and lifted up, the apostle John affirmed in John 12:41 that Isaiah actually beheld Christ. Then Paul declares that the message was given to Isaiah on this occasion after the vision, Isaiah 6:9 were really spoken by the Holy Spirit.

Isaiah says it was the Father. John says it was the Son. Paul says it was the Holy Spirit. Who is this ONE JEHOVAH? Well, He is God the Father, God The Son, and God the Holy Spirit blessed Trinity. One, in essence, one in substance, but three distinct and separate persons subsisting in the unity of the Godhead.

Last edited:
Reactions: theophilus

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Page 3

Now the same identification is found in Isaiah 63:7-14 where all three persons in the Godhead are mentioned doing precisely the same thing. It needs to be remembered that the title “the angel or messenger of Jehovah’s presence” is an appellation which identifies God the Son.

Isaiah 63:7-8 it is the LORD that is Jehovah who is seen as the savior of the people of God. In verse 9 we are told it is the messenger of His presence that is God the Son. It was He who led them to the place of tranquil rest. And, yet in verses 13-14 we read that it was the Spirit of God who caused the chosen people to rest.

There can be no doubt that the Hebrew Old Testament taught the plurality of persons subsisting in the unity of the Godhead. This, of course, is quite reasonable in as much as the same Author wrote both the Old and the New Testaments.

Now, again and again, we find the three persons of the Godhead uniting in the mighty work attributed the Deity throughout the New Testament. Our blessed Lord constantly affirmed that Jehovah was His Father. Yet the inspired Scripture insists that He was conceived by the Holy Spirit. Our dear Savior is the Son of the Highest for He is the Son of God. Indeed without controversy is this mystery of Godliness.

Now we must stand in awe of the fact that God was manifest in the flesh which of course is God the Son, and justified in the Spirit the blessed third person of the Holy Trinity.

Now on the occasion of the baptism of the Lord Jesus by John, we read that the voice of God the Father speaking when God the Holy Spirit, embodied as a dove descended upon God the Son, is not surprising therefore that Jesus should declare to His disciples that they baptize in the name of the Holy Trinity. Having declared that He is sovereign and omnipotent, He says: all power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Jesus commands those whom He has carefully taught to disciple the nations of the earth, baptizing them into the name of the Father, and in the name of the Son, and in the name of the Holy Spirit. God is ONE JEHOVAH! Although He is plainly declared to subsist as three separately identifiable persons. Since there is only one baptism according to Ephesians 4:5, and since to act in the name of another is to act upon His authority, true baptism is upon the authority of the triune God who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Blessed Trinity, One Jehovah for all eternity. And not only is baptism to be in the name (singular by the way) of the One God (singular) but who subsist in three persons Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

But the Trinity is seen also in the mighty work of Jehovah throughout the New Testament. In 1 Peter 1:2 we see that the saints are elect in accordance with the foreknowledge of God which is based upon His immutable plan. Peter says that election is the work of God the Father, that our sanctification is the work of God the Holy Spirit, that our redemption is through the blood of God the Son.

Our Lord Himself taught Nicodemus that it is God the Holy Spirit who regenerates, God the Son who redeems, and God the Father who reveals His love and grace.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
age 4

But perhaps the most dramatic declaration of the Trinity lies in the manner in which the Scriptures declares that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit ALIKE raised Jesus from among the dead!

In Acts 13:30 as well as Romans 6:4, is plainly stated that God the Father resurrected our dear Savior. Christ was raised from among the dead by the glory of the Father, we read. Yet in John 2:19; 10:17,19, we’re specifically taught that the Son raised Himself from among the dead. For it is said, Jesus answered them, ‘destroy the temple and in three days I will raise it up again,’ and He spoke of the temple of His body and He said: I will raise it up.

And again Christ said: ”Therefore doth my Father love me because I lay down my life that I might take it again. No man takes my life from me, I lay it down by myself, I have the power to lay it down, I have the power to take it up again.”

Yet the apostle Paul and Peter insist that the Savior was resurrected from among the dead by God the Holy Spirit. Christ has once suffered for sins to be put to death by the flesh made alive by the Holy Spirit. How marvelous is the clarity of the testimony of the word of God? Jehovah is indeed ONE, as perfect unity in essence and substance yet He is three as to persons.

Now God should not be thought of as separate individuals in the sense of Peter, James, and John because Peter, James, and John are not one. They are lacking in absolute unity. There is disagreement among them. There is the difference as to gifts and capabilities, and quality of brains and so forth. They are not equal, they are not one in unity and substance, in essence, and purpose, and so on, as God is indeed one.

So we must not take them as three different persons like Peter, James, and John, for this denies His absolute unity and substance, and essence. On the other hand, to say God is an absolute unity in the sense as of one alone without subsisting as three persons is also heresy according to the Bible.

And so all of us in our hearts today should join in the doxology of the church:

Praise God in whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost

For our God indeed is ONE GOD and yet we see that the Scriptures teach plainly, although we cannot understand how, the Scriptures teach plainly that God is ONE, He exists in one unity, He subsists in three persons as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. For the Bible teaches indeed that the Father is God. It teaches indeed that the Son is God. It teaches indeed that the Holy Spirit is God. Three persons, distinct, and separate. And yet in the same breath that declares, this God who exists in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit exist as ONE GOD, ONE JEHOVAH for all of eternity!

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: theophilus

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Denominational differences aren't necessarily the divisions Paul had in mind. I was baptized in a Southern Baptist church and I have been member of a church associated with the General Association of Regular Baptists, a nondenominational Bible church, and an independent Baptist church. I have attended a Plymouth Brethren church, a Lutheran church and now attend an Assembly of God. There are superficial differences between these churches, especially the Lutheran church, but all taught the same gospel and on most issues they were all in agreement. On the other hand, there are often differences in belief within some denominations. For example, the United Methodist Church is planning to divide on the issue of same sex marriage. What matters is not what denomination you are part of but what you believe regarding the Bible.

Yes I agree there are Denominational differences but there is one key point I didn't really get into. Which is, the Great Whore is called the "Mother Of Harlots" and therefor she has daughters. Most denominational churches today still adhere to the key "man made theory" which came from the Mother, which is the "Trinity Doctrine."

All denominations that teach the trinity are considered her daughter. And, we know in the tribulation there will be a unified religion led by the false prophet (the Pope).

God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes mj, I too am Sola Scriptura but only for filtering bunk. I do believe God can and does work outside of His word...just not big on adding or taking from it.
See but you too do the same thing, Christ teh word of God came in teh flesh. Gods "word" has life in it the bible does not because it ids not teh word of God, it is a book. Even Jesus said you wont find lfe in it and people wont go to Him to get life. Its being ingrained into teh minds of men and become an idol that men refuse to leave to find there life in the one who is the "light " of the world.

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See but you too do the same thing, Christ teh word of God came in teh flesh. Gods "word" has life in it the bible does not because it ids not teh word of God, it is a book. Even Jesus said you wont find lfe in it and people wont go to Him to get life. Its being ingrained into teh minds of men and become an idol that men refuse to leave to find there life in the one who is the "light " of the world.

How are we to know Gods will and character without the living Word? The Spirit quickens the Word (scripture) and brings it alive. How are we to know Jesus without hearing the Word which BTW-faith comes from the hearing of the Word.
Personally speaking, I need order and basis. The Word is where I find the Living God, and the Christ, who saves. To me, the written Word is alive.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
How are we to know Gods will and character without the living Word? The Spirit quickens the Word (scripture) and brings it alive. How are we to know Jesus without hearing the Word which BTW-faith comes from the hearing of the Word.
Personally speaking, I need order and basis. The Word is where I find the Living God, and the Christ, who saves. To me, the written Word is alive.
@Nancy Ditto; indeed; exactly; Amen...

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Nope @farouk, He sure does not! I once heard said that if you ripped out every other page of the bible, the Gospel will still be threaded throughout the Word.
@Nancy I read an article about how even in a JW distortion of the Bible where so many things had been cut out and changed about the Lord Jesus, they still managed to miss parts where what even their version still acknowledges His deity.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy I read an article about how even in a JW distortion of the Bible where so many things had been cut out and changed about the Lord Jesus, they still managed to miss parts where what even their version still acknowledges His deity.

Unfortunate they are blind to that.

Reactions: farouk

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR, there is only one Spirit who give us a spirit, supportive scripture, Isaiah 42:5 "Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:"

all of your your assessment is an ERROR.

say what! are you serious?. this is simiply a equally "shared" nature, in flesh who Christ is simply the offspring or the diversity. where the "Spirit" is the Root.

and it's not what I think, but what the WORD say. so again all your assessment asr incorrect.

PICJAG.
Hey, since you say God is extremely humble and has an eternal human nature attached to His divine nature, can you estimate how much this humble and weak humanity has infected His being?

Also, why did God humble Himself to wicked humans and devils in the first place?...Guilt?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Humility is a blessed virtue. Philippians 2 revolves around it, when it speaks of the Lord Jesus humbling Himself and becoming obedient unto death, even the death of the Cross.