Did Jesus claim to be God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus was fashioned by his God as a man
his God? John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
if God have a God, then whosoever claim such is lost.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Nancy

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God came down from heavens glory in the form of man, and then ascended back into heaven.
The Father is not the Son, and the Son is not the Father, but they are One.

Clouds come down from heavens glory in the form of rain, and then ascend back into heaven.
The clouds are not the rain, and the rain is not the clouds, but they are One.

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus was fashioned by his God as a man.

"Fashioned by his God???" Jesus IS God. He never ceased to be God while He lived on this earth.

Matthew 1:21,23 reads:
21) "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
22) Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet saying,
23) Behold a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name EMMANUEL, which being interpreted, GOD WITH US."

I think you have misunderstood the meaning of the term "humble!" It is not a word that has a connotation "as being polite," if you will. But rather, in this case, "humble" means "to strip oneself of his glory."

Knowledge of Scripture is one of many problems facing Christendom.

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge...(Hosea 4:6).

To God Be The Glory

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Immanuel

Should Jesus really be considered to be God because he was symbolically “named” Immanuel (Is. 7:14; Mt. 1:23) which means “God is with us”?[*] No more so than Gabriel was calling himself God when he visited Mary and declared: “The Lord is with thee” - Luke 1:28.

The New John Gill Exposition of the Entire Bible:

Luke 1:28

the Lord is with thee;

so the angel to Gideon, (Judges 6:12) or "be with thee", a usual form of salutation among the Jews; (Ruth 2:4)

Gabriel meant exactly what Israelites have meant throughout thousands of years when saying “God is with us” and similar statements. They meant “God has favored us” or “God is helping us”! - 1 Samuel 10:7; 2 Chron. 15:2-4, 9 (cf., Jer. 1:8; Haggai 1:13). But if we insist on trinitarian-type “proof,” then Gabriel must have meant that he (Gabriel) is God! (Also see 1 Sam. 17:37; 2 Sam. 14:17; 1 Ki. 8:57; 1 Chron. 17:2; 22:18; 2 Chron. 1:1; 35:21; 36:23; Ezra 1:3; Is. 8:8, 10; Is. 41:10; Amos 5:14; Zech 8:23.)

[*] How do we know that Immanu El in Hebrew means ‘God is with us’? We know because shortly after it is introduced in Isaiah 7:14 and repeated in 8:8, it is explained in 8:10 - “God is with us” - KJV; RSV; NRSV; NASB; NIV; NEB; REB; NJB; NAB; MLB; LB; etc. It is rendered "God with us" (which clearly was not intended in the common use of the phrase in its many other forms and uses) by translators with an agenda. And yet there are still a number of major translations which render it in its proper interpretation.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Fashioned by his God???" Jesus IS God. He never ceased to be God while He lived on this earth.

Matthew 1:21,23 reads:
21) "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
22) Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet saying,
23) Behold a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name EMMANUEL, which being interpreted, GOD WITH US."

I think you have misunderstood the meaning of the term "humble!" It is not a word that has a connotation "as being polite," if you will. But rather, in this case, "humble" means "to strip oneself of his glory."

Knowledge of Scripture is one of many problems facing Christendom.

To God Be The Glory
God stripped Himself of His glory?

The Almighty God, creator of all did this?

Why???

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
his God? John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
if God have a God, then whosoever claim such is lost.

PICJAG.
Yes, his God.....

John 20
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God....

Rev 3
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name....

Eph 1
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ..

.....even after his ascension.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sense that you do not believe the Christ, who became flesh is eternal? Alpha, Omega?

Christ took on human form through natural birth and His name on Earth was Jesus so yes, He was not formed from the dust. He exists as the Father exists...always was and always will be. He left the Glory of heaven to lower Himself for us...even unto death.
IMHO, Jesus was always the Mighty God.
Nancy, I believe Jesus is God, but this is the actual process.....

My belief....

Jesus preexisted as a human in the mind of God, which is reality since there is no time in God. (Psalm 2, Psalm 22, Rev 13:8)

Jesus was born before Adam and any living thing.(Col 1).

Jesus resurrected before Lazarus etc.(Col 1).

God made all things by, through and for Jesus(Col 1).

Jesus was made human. (Hebrews 2, Phil 2, etc.)

Jesus was made per conception, beginning microscopic(Matt 1),

Jesus was full and led of the Holy Ghost (Luke 4:1).

The Holy Ghost left Jesus on the cross.(Matt 27).

He was resurrected by his God(John 20 etc).

He was made a quickening spirit after resurrecting(1 Cor 15).

All of his God fully indwells his quickening spirit body, meaning God is "housed" in the bodily omnipresent temple of His quickening spirit son.(Col 2:9).

Jesus still has a God today.(Rev 3:12).

Jesus, is God by default because his God is working and lighting the universe THROUGH him, bodily......

22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Simply put, God is the electricity that powers His son(lamb) to light the world.....making Jesus God by default.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all

GOD is "WITH" us? yes, as a man. which was foretold before he came in flesh as a man. not only in Isaiah and many of the prophets, but one is clear as day.

Zechariah 13:7 "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones."

this verse answer the God with us question clearly. as we all know, or should know, that this verse is referring to the Lord Jesus. for if one have a cross reference one will see it cross references, Matt 26:31 and Mark 14:27. (please check these verses out for yourself). knowing this,

A. the Lord Jesus is clearly called by God the Spirit, a "MAN". but yet at the same time he is, God's "fellow".

B. this verse clears up what I have been saying about the "my" question as in "my" Father?

lets get some knowledge and understanding on these two subject. as JunChosen quotes scripture correctly,

A. Jesus as a man, who is God. the verse states, "against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts". we see clearly God almighty say this Jesus who is Christ is a "MAN". now if God say so, who are you to say different. but also in the same segment of scripture, God the Spirit said that this "Man" is his "FELLOW". what is God saying here? I'll tell you and then show you. God is simplying saying that this man in flesh is me, my own diversified self in the flesh as John 1:14 states, or as my angel Gabriel clearly stated what I told him to say, "God is with us", by interpretation. only God can interpret his word. now lets see how God almight is with us as a man. to understand this revelation, one must look up what "FELLOW" means, and it's the Hebrew word,
H5997 עָמִית `amiyth (aw-meeth') n-m.
1. companionship.
2. (hence, concretely) a comrade or kindred man.
[from a primitive root meaning to associate]
KJV: another, fellow, neighbour.

this definition is a LOADED Gun pack full of Informatation. lets take this Loaded Gun apart.
#1. notice definition #2. oh by the way I'm using the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments to define this word "FELLOW". so definition n#2. states, concretely a comrade or kindred man. concretely means "manifested", other words now can be "SEEN". so what was not seen is NOW SEEN, God manifesting in flesh, (per John 1:14). and the definition states, "kindred man", as in KINSMAN REDEEMER", the same as the Greek word for "Offspring", Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."
here, OFFSPRING, it's the Greek word,
G1085 γένος genos (ǰe'-nos) n.
kin.
{abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective}
[from G1096]
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock
Root(s): G1096

there is that "concrete" spirit made a man. who is the "KIN" with MANDKIND, who is God himself as the "diversity" of himself in flesh. LET'S MAKE SURE THAT THIS IS CORRECT, BACK TO ZECHARIAH.
Fellow:
H5997 עָמִית `amiyth (aw-meeth') n-m.
1. companionship.
2. (hence, concretely) a comrade or kindred man.
[from a primitive root meaning to associate]
KJV: another, fellow, neighbour.

there is the connection. this "man" who is now made "concrete", is the "diversity" or "offspring" of Revelation 22:16 states, or the "ANOTHER", or "fellow" as stated in Zechariah 13:7........ BINGO.

so clearly Jesus is God with us as the angel told Mary, and as John told us also, John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

God is "with" us is how? in flesh as a man, (John 1:14), the Kinsman redeemer, who died for our sins. this is clear as DAY. God is his own "fellow, as Zechariah 13:7 said, Manifested/diversified in "Flesh"

which correctly satates, "my" Son, God in flesh as a man, "my Body on earth. "My" Father, which is MY "Spirit" in heaven.... oh so easy to understand.

so, a cross reference is in order for all these verses. we have shown you clearly from the OT as well as the NT that Jesus is God in Flesh who is with us.

PICJAG.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only the part of him people could see. In the flesh he became like us. Remember, God is omnipresent in heaven and on earth. He was still the same Almighty God in heaven.
Spirit was made flesh?

Let's see what Jesus thought about that idea....

Jesus said...

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

....correct?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spirit was made flesh?

Jesus said...

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

....correct?
is not now Jesus "spirit" in flesh and bone, who is the "TRUTH", (John 14:6?)

but see post #149 above.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Nancy

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Spirit was made flesh?

....correct?

The Samaritans believed they had to be in Jerusalem to worship God, but Jesus told her we can worship in Spirit and in truth wherever we are.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Samaritans believed they had to be in Jerusalem to worship God, but Jesus told her we can worship in Spirit and in truth wherever we are.
this is correct. for the Lord Jesus is the Spirit that is everywhere. this is the reason why he said "I go to my Father/Spirit", so that he could be glorified ... "WITH" ... his own Spirit, while in flesh he could be everywhere at the at the same time as he has always been whithout flesh. that's why he said in John 14:28 "Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I."
the reason why he went to his own Spirit/Father, because while in flesh as the diversity, "with" blood he was in a natural state, as you and I are, LIMITED, in that body of flesh and blood. but by dying and releasing or the "FORSAKENING"of the natural body with natural blood, from his spirit he regained what was his by triumph over his enemies. now, he is glorified, or re-united in that same nature that he had before he, G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') himself of, or before coming in flesh. that's why he said "my" Father is Greater, not in "quality", but in "quantity" meaning everywhere at the same time, supportive scripture, Ephesians 4:10 "He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)", just as he, JESUS, did and always did without a flesh body, as God in the OT and not "diversified" as was in Jeremiah 23:23 "Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?"
Jeremiah 23:24 "Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD." one might want to make a cross reference of Jeremiah 23:23 & 24 with Ephesians 4:10.

so being "GLORIFIED" with his Spirit in flesh, (per John 17:5). now that which was Natural, now Glorified in Spirit came on the Day of Pentecost. yes, the Son as Glorified in his Spirit/Father, cane on the day of Pentecost. WHAT DID JESUS SAY IN John 14:28 "Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you". where did he say that at? Go away, and come again,
John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" (that "another" is the "FELLOW" in Zechariah 13:7, see post #149 again).
John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." (yest the Spirit of TRUTH whom Jesus is the TRUTH and the WAY).
John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." how plain can one be.... there is the "go away", and the , "Come again".
I will come to you, and the you here is audience relevance, meaning that he, JESUS, came to them, his disciples, as the Holy Ghost, God himself, the "COMFORTER", God GLORIFIED in the Spirit, that coming happen on "PENTECOST"........ BINGO.

Oh my God, how many ways must this be explain before conception in made in your hearts?

YES, YES, indeed, for God is a Spirit, scripture, 2 Corinthians 3:17 "Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." @Truther, you thought I was going to use John 4:24 ..... didn't you.....well it's the same :eek:

PICJAG

Reactions: Cooper

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is not now Jesus "spirit" in flesh and bone, who is the "TRUTH", (John 14:6?)

but see post #149 above.

PICJAG.
Jesus is a quickening spirit that is omnipresent.
No, he told her explicitly that God is a Spirit...Him...Him...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is correct. for the Lord Jesus is the Spirit that is everywhere. this is the reason why he said "I go to my Father/Spirit", so that he could be glorified ... "WITH" ... his own Spirit, while in flesh he could be everywhere at the at the same time as he has always been whithout flesh. that's why he said in John 14:28 "Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I."
the reason why he went to his own Spirit/Father, because while in flesh as the diversity, "with" blood he was in a natural state, as you and I are, LIMITED, in that body of flesh and blood. but by dying and releasing or the "FORSAKENING"of the natural body with natural blood, from his spirit he regained what was his by triumph over his enemies. now, he is glorified, or re-united in that same nature that he had before he, G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') himself of, or before coming in flesh. that's why he said "my" Father is Greater, not in "quality", but in "quantity" meaning everywhere at the same time, supportive scripture, Ephesians 4:10 "He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)", just as he, JESUS, did and always did without a flesh body, as God in the OT and not "diversified" as was in Jeremiah 23:23 "Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?"
Jeremiah 23:24 "Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD." one might want to make a cross reference of Jeremiah 23:23 & 24 with Ephesians 4:10.

so being "GLORIFIED" with his Spirit in flesh, (per John 17:5). now that which was Natural, now Glorified in Spirit came on the Day of Pentecost. yes, the Son as Glorified in his Spirit/Father, cane on the day of Pentecost. WHAT DID JESUS SAY IN John 14:28 "Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you". where did he say that at? Go away, and come again,
John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" (that "another" is the "FELLOW" in Zechariah 13:7, see post #149 again).
John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." (yest the Spirit of TRUTH whom Jesus is the TRUTH and the WAY).
John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." how plain can one be.... there is the "go away", and the , "Come again".
I will come to you, and the you here is audience relevance, meaning that he, JESUS, came to them, his disciples, as the Holy Ghost, God himself, the "COMFORTER", God GLORIFIED in the Spirit, that coming happen on "PENTECOST"........ BINGO.

Oh my God, how many ways must this be explain before conception in made in your hearts?

YES, YES, indeed, for God is a Spirit, scripture, 2 Corinthians 3:17 "Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." @Truther, you thought I was going to use John 4:24 ..... didn't you.....well it's the same :eek:

PICJAG
Yes, the Holy Ghost is now comprised of God inside Jesus, inside us. Both of them are the Holy Ghost, and make their abode with us.

Fred Eans

May 31, 2020
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please call it what the correct translation is; Holy Spirit - NOT Ghost. God is not a spook. As close as He came was, My Father and I are One. If you have seen me you have seen the Father. There are others. When He said on the cross, My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me; He was quoting King David, from whom He came, in Psalms 22.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't understand the issue here. Since we are all created in the image of God, we are all gods, "God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him;" Genesis 1:27

"I have said, Ye are gods [elohim]; and all of you are children of the most High." Psalm 82:6

And that was Jesus' defense: "The Jews answered Him, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God.” Jesus answered them, “Has it not been written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods’? If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken)" John 10:33-34

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please call it what the correct translation is; Holy Spirit - NOT Ghost. God is not a spook. As close as He came was, My Father and I are One. If you have seen me you have seen the Father. There are others. When He said on the cross, My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me; He was quoting King David, from whom He came, in Psalms 22.
4 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Also, no, Psalm 22 was quoting Jesus, who was slain from the foundation of the world.(Rev 13:8)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand the issue here. Since we are all created in the image of God, we are all gods, "God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him;" Genesis 1:27

"I have said, Ye are gods [elohim]; and all of you are children of the most High." Psalm 82:6

And that was Jesus' defense: "The Jews answered Him, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God.” Jesus answered them, “Has it not been written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods’? If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken)" John 10:33-34
Adam was made in the likeness of him that was to come(the 1st Adam was made in the image of the last Adam). Romans 5:14.

Reactions: Stan B