Did Jesus claim to be God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you study the Grammar construct and morphology of the text-you will find much more-why did they intend to stone Jesus? Because He claimed to be God.
J.
Let the glorious Lord be praised my friend . He is alpha and omega , HE is HIS SPIRIT and HIS WORD . Yes indeed my friend .
God did not create HIS own SPIRIT or HIS Own word . HE JUST SPOKE and all things were created . GOD is HIS WORD
HIS word BE HE as Is THE SPIRIT .

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let the glorious Lord be praised my friend . He is alpha and omega , HE is HIS SPIRIT and HIS WORD . Yes indeed my friend .
God did not create HIS own SPIRIT or HIS Own word . HE JUST SPOKE and all things were created . GOD is HIS WORD
HIS word BE HE as Is THE SPIRIT .
The greatest question ever asked is who do people say that I Am ? Eternity hinges upon knowing Him and His true identity.

Reactions: amigo de christo

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I discern from your responses that you see yourself as somewhat of a ‘fence-sitter’....but you have to know that there is no fence......a decision has to be made as to what is the truth and what is not, concerning this serious issue. It matters not what the majority believe or promote.....there is only what is true and what is not true. If you can’t tell the difference then God has not revealed it to you. (John 6:65)

“Lots of people” would be the “many” Jesus spoke of....(the majority).....not the “few”. (Matt 7:13-14) It is to the “many” that Jesus directs his rejection. (Matt 7:21-23) “I NEVER knew you” means that Christ has NEVER recognised that ‘majority’ of self professed believers, as his own. (Luke 13:23-24)

John 17:3 has been mentioned a few times, but that very verse states that this is a salvation issue....you have to “know” God and his son for who they really are, or you will be serving the wrong god, and calling on the wrong name.

The people whom Jesus rejects believe that they are Christians in good standing, calling Jesus their “Lord”, and presenting him with all the things they did “in his name”.....does Jesus relent and accept them for their bearing some of the “fruits of the spirit” in their good works? Apparently not.

Did God ever say that he was going to save “good” people? There are a lot of “good” people in the world who have no interest in God at all...they are simply good humanitarians because they don’t like to see humans or animals treated inhumanely. Do they do this out of love? Yes......love directed to other humans and animals, but not to God.

When Israel turned to the worship of false gods, what was Yahweh’s response? He punished them for worshipping someone or something, other than the true God. What is the lesson?

Those who never come to know the true God are less reprehensible than those who are the “weeds” of Jesus’ parable....the counterfeit “Christians” who might think that they are doing well, but as Jesus says to those who believe that they are serving him in faith.....”I never knew you”...its not like they were expecting his rejection....it is a shock to hear those words because pathetic justifications follow, as if Jesus has somehow made a terrible mistake....this judge makes no mistakes.

My opinion counts for nothing.....”people” do not need to answer to me...nor do they have to agree with me or @ElieG12 ....Jesus indicated that the majority are not going to accept the truth about who he is, which is the very reason he casts them off......

Unless what you believe about God...about Christ...and about the redemption of mankind is in harmony with what the Bible says....no eternal life will result. Why do you think God has preserved his word down through the centuries, despite many attempts to destroy it? It is our instruction manual and we need to do what all of God’s servants have done in the past and present....adhere to God’s word and reject the traditions and contradictory teachings of men. (Matt 15:7-9)

God’s love does not extend to those who love the convenient lies accepted as truth by the majority for centuries.....his love is, as it always has been....for those who will go the whole nine yards defending an unpopular truth, even if it means being ostracised....or even forfeiting their lives.
Lol you "discern" I'm a bit of a "fence sitter"? How about I've literally been saying that for pages and pages? What do you mean "discern" ? Lol

You don't have God's love, you are hateful--not true of all who express your view, but it's true of yourself and of EliG. You guys do not have God's love, and you do not reason. You're here to score some points, get your little dopamine rush, mark your hours down, clock in and clock out, that's all. You're disguised as normal people (who seriously consider facts that may threaten their own view, who speak honest opinion as they struggle to make sense of the evidence), but you're not normal, you have psychological rabies--you're rabidly pushing an agenda, dressing it up in the garb of "discussion", all the while playing by a completely different set of rules. You're mercenaries.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Spyder

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Lol you "discern" I'm a bit of a "fence sitter"? How about I've literally been saying that for pages and pages? What do you mean "discern" ? Lol

You don't have God's love, you are hateful--not true of all who express your view, but it's true of yourself and of EliG. You guys do not have God's love, and you do not reason. You're here to score some points, get your little dopamine rush, mark your hours down, clock in and clock out, that's all. You're disguised as normal people (who seriously consider facts that may threaten their own view, who speak honest opinion as they struggle to make sense of the evidence), but you're not normal, you have psychological rabies--you're rabidly pushing an agenda, dressing it up in the garb of "discussion", while all the while playing by a completely different set of rules than everyone else is playing by. You're mercenaries for hire.
Personally I think a Mod should muzzle you for calling a sister having psychological rabies-in fact, a permanent ban from this Forum would suffice.

• Haha
Reactions: amadeus and Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally I think a Mod should muzzle you for calling a sister having psychological rabies-in fact, a permanent ban from this Forum would suffice.

Did you get a permanent ban--when you threatened physical harm? Afrikaner tough guy runs to Moderator.... lol

Reactions: Ritajanice

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sound as if asking for a mod's help is a bad thing. Someone has to police the forum and maintain some type of decorum.
Has nothing to do with whether you are a tough guy or not.
There are rules here that need to be respected.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sound as if asking for a mod's help is a bad thing. Someone has to police the forum and maintain some type of decorum.

No.... but crying for a Mod to "muzzle" someone because you disagree with the point they are making, is really quite pathetic. You can't argue the point, so you seek to censor and silence a person. That's authoritarian and fearful. That's what communists and dictators try to do.

Yet- I suppose it's one step above threatening to beat someone up, which is what @Johann threatened to do to me.

Did he call for a permanent ban for anyone who would say those kinds of things on a discussion board?

It's hypocrisy in its highest form.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The greatest question ever asked is who do people say that I Am ? Eternity hinges upon knowing Him and His true identity.
LETS not forget the part where JESUS then answered and said , BUT WHO DO YE SAY that I AM .
some called him a prophet , some thought he to be elijha risen
But WHO was HE and WHY then did HE make it so clear to tell peter , BLESSED are YOU
for MY FATHER has revealed this too you . FOR FLESH CANNOT REVEAL IT .
The reason i remind of all of this , is due to WE GOT US A HARLOT a WHORE OF ALL WHORES
who has indeed infected not only the world and false religoins , BUT CHRISTENDOM ITSELF
THIS WHORE has infected and taken over both the conservative and liberal realm
SHE has taken control and many have bought her lovey lie .
THE LIE of all lies , the lie that promises life but will not and cannot make good or deliver on its promise .
FOR IT HAS MADE GOD the MINISTIR OF SIN . IT HAS DENIED THE TOTAL AND ABOSLUTE TRUTH
that does save .
IT HAS DENIED GOD who created all . IT HAS DENIED JESUS AS THE CHRIST .
IF a man denies JESUS IS THE CHRIST , the man IS ANTI CHRIST
and yet many now sit under ANTI CHRIST and many anti christs who merge the world and all religoins , secular and all
to merge as one UNDER WHAT IT CALLETH LOVE , UNDER THAT Which is OF ANTI CHRIST .
I NEVER SEEN such a delusoin move in like this .
I never seen so many grab so fast ahold of it as they now do .
I never seen so many now gathering at the table of what it calleth love , what it calls unity
THIS WORLD HAS RUN ITSELF OUT OF TIME . AND ITS god cannot and will not save it from the wrath OF THE TRUE GOD
and of HIS CHRIST WHO TREADS THAT WRATH . FOR ALLL DENIED HIM as they bought a lovey lie that cannot save
but only shall GRAVE .............................MANY AINT GONNA MAKE IT . I SUGGEST we get in THE BIBLE for ourselves . learn THAT GOD
LEARN THAT CHRIST , learn THAT DOCTRINE . and HURRY TOO . cause as i said , many are not gonna make it .
ONCE THE DOOR HAS SHUT . IT BE FOREVER TOO LATE . and that DOOR will soon SHUT . WAILING WILL THEN BEGIN
unto all who loved THE LIE .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone does have to police the forum . THERE are rules indeed that need to be respected .
EVERY WORD OF THE LORD . this lamb intends to govern by THEM WORDS sister and ensure we respect THEM words
and not the words of men gone wrong .
GOD be the JUDGE , HIS WORD BE THE JUDGE . and many will wail aloud in great terror ON HIS DAY
for many will not repent of their wickedness and rather have made JESUS made GOD into THE MINISTIR of sin
under the guise of a LOVE that came of the world , NOT GOD .
I have come to do all that by grace i can do , to expose anything that contradicts TRUTH
and not what denominations of men have tried to indocrtinate unto us as truth .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the lame man got healed and didn't even know it was Jesus Who'd healed him--how much moreso for people who recognize Jesus as the Christ and Son of God (even if it is debatable what precisely that means)? Yes, they can know God by God's mercy.

Jesus will definitively clarify this issue if necessary when He returns, but it is the lowly who are being saved (1 Co). They don't have to be able to solve this riddle. This isn't Hercules, who had to perform twelve great labors.
Indeed, some, no all, people know less than all there is to know about God, yet, if they continue to humble themselves before Him, seeking Him and His kingdom first...? This humble seeking is what God is seeing and which, I believe, pleases God:
Mt 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you
God will add then what needs to be added. No one should presume they know everything that everyone else needs. Of course, I am also just a man. What do I know?
Give God the glory!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi you don’t believe Jesus is God ? 1 John the word was God. In the Old Testament it’s says there is no rock but God in the New Testament it says the calls Jesus the rock that follow Isarel. In the Old Testament it says God is the first and the last in the New Testament it says Jesus is the first and last. In the Old Testament it says the lord thy God is one lord in the new testament it says there is one God the father and one lord Jesus. If Jesus is truly his son then he has the same nature which is God. Like we have human nature from our father. Jesus is God that because human.

Wayne, and hello to this site...
I responded to the title of the thread, 'Did Jesus claim to be God?' So your response to me does not show that Jesus claimed (via his words and actions) to be God, right? In your zeal and passion to meld the Son God into God the Son, you assumed he is God anyway, without any grounds or deeper research.

Can you explain your response? I wager you cannot because either you cannot and/or you think you don't need to. You have lots of company, with the unenlightened lot.

I will give you one clue and where I think you need to start doing some serious Bible Study. It is the 'easiest' subject to breakdown and hopefully you will understand it all.

Take one of your compressed statements you wrote. I think you really believe that scripture says that the man Jesus, the Christ, was in the desert with the Israelites because you see the word 'Christ' in that particular NT scripture. And I'm sure you know of this scripture of course.

What is the definition of 'Christ' Wayne? And it's not the surname of Jesus either, as many believe in err.

In Greek, the English word 'Christ' means 'Christos' that means the anointed and/or chosen one. Jesus was set apart to perform a specific and special service or mission for his Father. This anointed purpose for the Son and of the Father God is encapsulated in Luke 4:18-19:

(Luk 4:18) The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He anointed me to preach good tidings to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives, and the recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those that are bruised,
(Luk 4:19) to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.

He, the Son of God was anointed with the Father's own Spirit with his own power that would rest and dwell within him after his Baptism.

(Act 10:37) that message you yourselves know, which was published throughout all Judea, beginning from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached-
(Act 10:38) about Jesus of Nazareth. How God anointed him with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed by the Devil. For God was with him.

In Hebrew, this word Christ is equivalent to the transliterated word 'Mashiah.' 'Messiah' is also another equivalent term.

The Christ is a form of title for Jesus, given to him by his Father, who is the one God, and made his Son special, his proxy deliverer of his chosen people 2000 years ago and even today. Before, in the desert where you (mis)placed Jesus, his Father God himself performed this function of delivery and salvation directly for his people, into the Promise land.

The scripture you are actually referring to and spouting off that Christ was in the Sinai desert, is 1 Cor 10:4. As most do, you pick a verse only that you don't really understand and are never concerned with its context and the reason it exists in the first place.

(1Co 10:1) Israel in the Wilderness Are Our Warning
Brothers, I would not have you ignorant that our fathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea,

(1Co 10:2) and were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.

(1Co 10:3) They did all eat the same spiritual food,

(1Co 10:4) and did all drink the same spiritual drink. For they drank of a spiritual rock that followed them; and the rock represented Christ.

(1Co 10:5) However with most of them God was not well pleased; for their dead bodies were scattered over the wilderness.

(1Co 10:6) Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they lusted.

(1Co 10:7) Neither be you idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written: The people sat down to eat and drink and rose up to play.

(1Co 10:8) Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and so in one day twenty three thousand died.

(1Co 10:9) Neither let us put the Lord to the test, as some of them did and perished by the serpents.

(1Co 10:10) Neither let us grumble, as some of them did, and were killed by the Destroyer angel.

(1Co 10:11) Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written about for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.(NEV)

Here, Paul preaches to the Corinthians and reflects on their ancestors when some relied on the Father God and his agent, Moses to bring them to a type of salvation, for their future Promised land. They were under the cloud of God's guidance and baptized into Moses as they ate both physical and spiritual food from God, drank both physical and spiritual drink given of God. He gave them the truth (as a type of old gospel) as a spiritual rock of salvation and it was present everywhere they walked (it always 'followed' them,. the Spirit of God).

And then this truth is described and symbolized as the anointed special rock. It is the firm and unchanging truth about God and for us of his promise of salvation for his people.

Many did not listen and believe however and were destroyed, both spiritually and physically.

As today, believers in God are baptized into Jesus, the Christ, the anointed one, the giver of truth of the spiritual drink of the gospel of God. It brings in the end immortality to those that become rooted in this truth.

It is very ignorant to say or believe that the Son of God, Jesus, the Christ was physically present with the Israelites and Moses and performing some type of work for his God. He never existed then.

Now I believe you can build upon this short scripture study and apply this truth against the rest of your response to determine if what you wrote and believe in, is now in err or not.

Blessings to you, APAK

Reactions: Mr E

Wayne222

Oct 21, 2023
Belton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wayne, and hello to this site...
I responded to the title of the thread, 'Did Jesus claim to be God?' So your response to me does not show that Jesus claimed (via his words and actions) to be God, right? In your zeal and passion to meld the Son God into God the Son, you assumed he is God anyway, without any grounds or deeper research.

Can you explain your response? I wager you cannot because either you cannot and/or you think you don't need to. You have lots of company, with the unenlightened lot.

I will give you one clue and where I think you need to start doing some serious Bible Study. It is the 'easiest' subject to breakdown and hopefully you will understand it all.

Take one of your compressed statements you wrote. I think you really believe that scripture says that the man Jesus, the Christ, was in the desert with the Israelites because you see the word 'Christ' in that particular NT scripture. And I'm sure you know of this scripture of course.

What is the definition of 'Christ' Wayne? And it's not the surname of Jesus either, as many believe in err.

In Greek, the English word 'Christ' means 'Christos' that means the anointed and/or chosen one. Jesus was set apart to perform a specific and special service or mission for his Father. This anointed purpose for the Son and of the Father God is encapsulated in Luke 4:18-19:

(Luk 4:18) The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He anointed me to preach good tidings to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives, and the recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those that are bruised,
(Luk 4:19) to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.

He, the Son of God was anointed with the Father's own Spirit with his own power that would rest and dwell within him after his Baptism.

(Act 10:37) that message you yourselves know, which was published throughout all Judea, beginning from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached-
(Act 10:38) about Jesus of Nazareth. How God anointed him with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed by the Devil. For God was with him.

In Hebrew, this word Christ is equivalent to the transliterated word 'Mashiah.' 'Messiah' is also another equivalent term.

The Christ is a form of title for Jesus, given to him by his Father, who is the one God, and made his Son special, his proxy deliverer of his chosen people 2000 years ago and even today. Before, in the desert where you (mis)placed Jesus, his Father God himself performed this function of delivery and salvation directly for his people, into the Promise land.

The scripture you are actually referring to and spouting off that Christ was in the Sinai desert, is 1 Cor 10:4. As most do, you pick a verse only that you don't really understand and are never concerned with its context and the reason it exists in the first place.

(1Co 10:1) Israel in the Wilderness Are Our Warning
Brothers, I would not have you ignorant that our fathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea,

(1Co 10:2) and were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.

(1Co 10:3) They did all eat the same spiritual food,

(1Co 10:4) and did all drink the same spiritual drink. For they drank of a spiritual rock that followed them; and the rock represented Christ.

(1Co 10:5) However with most of them God was not well pleased; for their dead bodies were scattered over the wilderness.

(1Co 10:6) Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they lusted.

(1Co 10:7) Neither be you idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written: The people sat down to eat and drink and rose up to play.

(1Co 10:8) Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and so in one day twenty three thousand died.

(1Co 10:9) Neither let us put the Lord to the test, as some of them did and perished by the serpents.

(1Co 10:10) Neither let us grumble, as some of them did, and were killed by the Destroyer angel.

(1Co 10:11) Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written about for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.(NEV)

Here, Paul preaches to the Corinthians and reflects on their ancestors when some relied on the Father God and his agent, Moses to bring them to a type of salvation, for their future Promised land. They were under the cloud of God's guidance and baptized into Moses as they ate both physical and spiritual food from God, drank both physical and spiritual drink given of God. He gave them the truth (as a type of old gospel) as a spiritual rock of salvation and it was present everywhere they walked (it always 'followed' them,. the Spirit of God).

And then this truth is described and symbolized as the anointed special rock. It is the firm and unchanging truth about God and for us of his promise of salvation for his people.

Many did not listen and believe however and were destroyed, both spiritually and physically.

As today, believers in God are baptized into Jesus, the Christ, the anointed one, the giver of truth of the spiritual drink of the gospel of God. It brings in the end immortality to those that become rooted in this truth.

It is very ignorant to say or believe that the Son of God, Jesus, the Christ was physically present with the Israelites and Moses and performing some type of work for his God. He never existed then.

Now I believe you can build upon this short scripture study and apply this truth against the rest of your response to determine if what you wrote and believe in, is now in err or not.

Blessings to you, APAK
Hello Apak nice to meet you.I really did not imply Jesus the man was physically in the desert with Isarel following them. This is obviously before the incarnation. So the son of God was in his form as God. They drank from the spiritual rock that followed them and that rock was Christ., Paul is saying Jesus was there in his pre incarnation form. I don’t know if your a jehivah witness but clearly Jesus was there., Only God is a rock. That implies diety Isa 44 I am the first and the last there are no other gods.in Rev 22:18 Jesus says I am the first and the last the beginning and the end. That is showing he is God. It says in Rom 3 all have fell short of the glory of God. Jesus did not fall short of the glory of God. God said he would not give his glory to an another. Clearly Jesus shares Gods glory. Jesus never spoke out and said he was God he wanted to hide who he was at that time. Jesus is coming back in the glory of his father. He left and accended into heaven from the mount of olives. In Zec 14 it’s says the Lord will fight against those nations. The lord here is God. And it says his feet will stand on the mount of olives. Jesus will be the one coming with the holy angels and fight against the nations. And it says the Lord will be king over the nations. Lord here is God. In rev 19 Jesus is called king of kings and will rule over the nations with a rod of iron. So you believe Jesus was not God and a created being yet the scriptures inply otherwise. We are not saying Jesus is the father he clearly empty himself of his glory and became a human being under the law. He worship the father as his God as a human being. He changed his nature from solely God into human and God. He never stop being God. But gave up attributes. I respect your right to believe as you do.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Apak nice to meet you.I really did not imply Jesus the man was physically in the desert with Isarel following them. This is obviously before the incarnation. So the son of God was in his form as God. They drank from the spiritual rock that followed them and that rock was Christ., Paul is saying Jesus was there in his pre incarnation form. I don’t know if your a jehivah witness but clearly Jesus was there., Only God is a rock. That implies diety Isa 44 I am the first and the last there are no other gods.in Rev 22:18 Jesus says I am the first and the last the beginning and the end. That is showing he is God. It says in Rom 3 all have fell short of the glory of God. Jesus did not fall short of the glory of God. God said he would not give his glory to an another. Clearly Jesus shares Gods glory. Jesus never spoke out and said he was God he wanted to hide who he was at that time. Jesus is coming back in the glory of his father. He left and accended into heaven from the mount of olives. In Zec 14 it’s says the Lord will fight against those nations. The lord here is God. And it says his feet will stand on the mount of olives. Jesus will be the one coming with the holy angels and fight against the nations. And it says the Lord will be king over the nations. Lord here is God. In rev 19 Jesus is called king of kings and will rule over the nations with a rod of iron. So you believe Jesus was not God and a created being yet the scriptures inply otherwise. We are not saying Jesus is the father he clearly empty himself of his glory and became a human being under the law. He worship the father as his God as a human being. He changed his nature from solely God into human and God. He never stop being God. But gave up attributes. I respect your right to believe as you do.
Yo are really dreaming mate. What Bible do you to listen to I wonder? Jesus, who was in the form of God. What in the world are you speaking about here. This is pagan-religious ideology you believe in, and not scripture at all.

You have muddled scripture and the nature of God and his Son here. IMO you have created a real mess, a huge knot..

I don't have a label to wear and not a JW either as many folks are quick to spring as a useless defense against any criticism.

Happy Trails in your journey in knowing the real Jesus and HIS God.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yo are really dreaming mate. What Bible do you to listen to I wonder? Jesus, who was in the form of God. What in the world are you speaking about here. This is pagan-religious ideology you believe in, and not scripture at all.

You have muddled scripture and the nature of God and his Son here. IMO you have created a real mess, a huge knot..

I don't have a label to wear and not a JW either as many folks are quick to spring as a useless defense against any criticism.

I'm pretty sure the "form of God" reference was Wayne222's nod to Philippians 2:6-7.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No.... but crying for a Mod to "muzzle" someone because you disagree with the point they are making, is really quite pathetic. You can't argue the point, so you seek to censor and silence a person. That's authoritarian and fearful. That's what communists and dictators try to do.

Yet- I suppose it's one step above threatening to beat someone up, which is what @Johann threatened to do to me.

Did he call for a permanent ban for anyone who would say those kinds of things on a discussion board?

It's hypocrisy in its highest form.
There's no excuse for someone online to use derogatory language to a sister here.

Wayne222

Oct 21, 2023
Belton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think you don want to really get into the subject:,I don’t have hostility against anybody. It’between you and the lord.

Reactions: Johann

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm pretty sure the "form of God" reference was Wayne222's nod to Philippians 2:6-7.
Another misinterpreted scripture that says the exact opposite to how Christendoms churches read it to maintain their beliefs.

Angels appeared to humans in human “form”….did it make them “humans”?

What “form” does God have?
Strongs….
μορφή morphḗ, mor-fay'; perhaps from the base of G3313 (through the idea of adjustment of parts); shape; figuratively, nature:—form.

”God is a a spirit“ (John 4:24) and as we know spirits are invisible…..so as the son of God, the pre-human Jesus was also an invisible spirit. (Colossians 1:15) That spirit being took human “form“ and became the man Jesus, who at the age of 30, then became “the Christ”….God’s “anointed” son.

It amazes me how scripture can be twisted all out of shape to become a confusing mess of human ideas instead of just being read as they were written, and understanding who wrote it and to whom it was directed.

At the time of Jesus’ ministry no one had even heard of a trinity…..it was not even suggested until the foretold “apostasy” took place…..the one Jesus spoke about with the devil planting “weeds” in among the wheat”.
Those weeds took over “the church” because “men were sleeping” and allowed them to spread until they all but choked the wheat out of existence. But God did not allow that to happen…..as he foretold through Daniel, in the “time of the end” God would ‘cleanse and refine’ his worship, removing the contamination that had set in (Daniel 12:4, 9-10) and exposing the lies that the devil had promoted in making the “one God” of Israel into something he never was.…three gods forced into one head.

It’s a sore point with many because, if this doctrine is not true, then their whole belief system crashes along with all the other adopted “traditions of men” that go with it. (Matt 15:7-9) Israel fell into that trap under the leadership of “blind guides”….the devil has done it again, but they don’t seem to notice….their response is to attack….the weakest form of defense.

One response here is a classic example of one who cannot bear to think that what he has been led to believe is so clear cut in the Bible…not understanding where all the complications and confusion comes from. (2 Cor 4:3-4) Their conduct is not “graceful” or “peaceful”….

This indecision is described in James 1:5-8….

”So if any one of you is lacking in wisdom, let him keep asking God, for he gives generously to all and without reproaching, and it will be given him. 6 But let him keep asking in faith, not doubting at all, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven by the wind and blown about. 7 In fact, that man should not expect to receive anything from the Lord 8 he is an indecisive man, unsteady in all his ways.”

This is the reason why this subject gets shut down….the discussion gets ugly because the name calling starts and the unchristian behavior betrays a total loss of self-control…. :doldrums: ….a fruit of God’s spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.