Did Jesus come to solve our problems or is Jesus the solution?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pilgrimjo

May 10, 2011
I recently heard a pastor say from the pulpit that.."Jesus didn't come to solve our problems. Jesus is the solution" How do you respond to this? Profound truth? Inspirational? Or...overly simplistic? Biblically correct or not? ..or what? Hopefully this should give some food for thought and discussion. Inquiring mind here really would appreciate imput and will say no more. Thanks..:)

Kingdomfashionz

May 26, 2011
Florida
I recently heard a pastor say from the pulpit that.."Jesus didn't come to solve our problems. Jesus is the solution" How do you respond to this? Profound truth? Inspirational? Or...overly simplistic? Biblically correct or not? ..or what? Hopefully this should give some food for thought and discussion. Inquiring mind here really would appreciate imput and will say no more. Thanks..:)

In my personal walk with Jesus over the years he has solve many of my problems as well as he is the solution.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not a fan of Christian catch phrases, but many people are, so the pastor probably spoke to many in his congregation. I am more drawn to St. Francis, who said 'preach the gospel always, use words if necessary'.

Reactions: pilgrimjo

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is not the solution to our lives, He is an alternative to our lives! :rolleyes:

But, seriously, We are to abandon our old lives in order to serve the Lord. Any problems after that are His to solve! We just watch things happen! :)

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Start by doing what's necessary, then what;s possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible!
Jesus Christ is the way and the truth and if we abide in him we can move mountains as nothing stands in our way in him.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By being the solution he solved thee problem, which is death. We have not yet seen the final death where satan dies, so we are in grace. On earth he solved many problems, including changing water to wine, and is still at work in spirit.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Our Lord Jesus said...

Matt 10:34-39
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after Me, is not worthy of Me.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
(KJV)

That pretty much substantiates that our Lord Jesus IS The Solution, and that nothing else can be.

His first coming meek as a Lamb slain was not to bring peace upon this earth. Instead, it has brought variance, and war, literally "a sword" like He said. It was for this reason that Christians have been persecuted throughout history after His first coming, and also why Christian nations have been forced to defend theirselves against those who hate Jesus Christ.

Nor will that variance end until Christ's second coming, His return back to this earth. For the coming tribulation, it's going to get worse upon those who keep The Faith in Christ Jesus per His Word. Every time we Christians speak out against the plans for this world that Christ's enemies have, it makes us hated all the more, and that is the cross we must take up for Him. If we seek to sugarcoat that Truth for His enemy's sake then we are not taking up our cross for Him, and have lost our saltiness.

Holy Pursuit

May 29, 2011
It might be a little over-simplistic, although Jesus is the solution, He is Life, He is a substitute. :)

Galations 2: [sup]20[/sup] I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I that live, but Christ living in me: and that life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith which is in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself up for me.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Overly OVERLY overly simplistic. Then again he probably thinks his congregation is a bunch of morons.

It's been my experience that the folks listening to the sermon are far more cognizant of theological matters than they are given credit for.

They just don't care one way or the other - so the pastor is allowed to continue to broadcast his one dimensional heresy.

To answer the question Jesus IS the solution and He is ALSO the author of some of the problems.
The process is called sanctification and it's a subject that's not generally preached in this century.

"To the frivolous, Christianity is certainly not glad tidings, for it wishes first of all to make them serious."

- Soren Kierkegaard