Did The Bible Or The Papacy Transfer The Sabbath Rest To Sunday?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Evidence in Acts 11:42; 44.

I cannot help you seeing you do NOT know how to read nor understand Scripture.
There is no verse 42 or 44 in Acts 11. it ends at verse 30.

As you don't know me, have never met me and unless you have ESP, your rather bombastic claim that I do not know how to read or understand scripture is pie in the sky.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are correct. Indeed apology is warranty and I humbly apologize. The reference is Acts 13:42; 44.
And those two verses make it clear that the Jewish believers met on the Sabbath which for them was sundown on Friday to sundown on Saturday.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="marksman, post: 508954, member: 1136"]And those two verses make it clear that the Jewish believers met on the Sabbath which for them was sundown on Friday to sundown on Saturday.[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ. The Jews met on the Saturday Sabbath. However, the Jews and Gentile believers met on the first day of the week in Troas as declared by God in Acts 20:7.

Again, the word "next" in next Sabbath means "in-between." Rightly so, the saints began to worship on the first day of the week which is "in-between" (next Sabbath" the Seventh Day Sabbaths which is called Sunday in the Gregorian Calendar.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
[QUOTE="marksman, post: 508954, member: 1136"]And those two verses make it clear that the Jewish believers met on the Sabbath which for them was sundown on Friday to sundown on Saturday.

I beg to differ. The Jews met on the Saturday Sabbath. However, the Jews and Gentile believers met on the first day of the week in Troas as declared by God in Acts 20:7.

Again, the word "next" in next Sabbath means "in-between." Rightly so, the saints began to worship on the first day of the week which is "in-between" (next Sabbath" the Seventh Day Sabbaths which is called Sunday in the Gregorian Calendar.[/QUOTE]

And I beg to differ.