Did you know the Gospel already reached the uttermost part of the earth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be the furthest point from Jerusalem.

Acts 1:8
1 Thess 1:8
Romans 1:8

Do you believe that is possible? To reach all the known world they knew in order to get the message out to repent, and those who gathered in Jerusalem where looking faith when they went to the temple in that day, seen Jesus coming through the clouds as terror from the romans had come upon them?

I do, personally. Many people still are trying to get the gospel message out there. Its well known to most the world already, there are maybe some spots here or there without it; but the message is still proclaimed through creation itself, that there is a Creator.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Was the directive to take the Gospel to the ends of the earth a spatial requirement or a time-based requirement?

Does not God's salvation Gospel have to be preached right up and until the end of the ages in all the parts of the earth?

Shalom

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only pertaining end of an age for an individual is their God-given life, Jay. There will be generations that continue to come and go, and individuals from those generations will die in their own time. Therefore it's best be ready for the time of death, working out ones own salvation with fear and trembling as Paul puts it, to an extent. Live for God, and live for Christ while in this flesh, until the day you die. Paul died. Jesus died. John eventually died.

Reactions: Godslittleservant

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps since John lived past Paul, he got to witness the return of Christ and was taken, but still everyone was changed in the twinkling of the eye - therefore death and going into the next realm is instant.

People will be judged and placed where they are meant to be placed, @Jay Ross. There is a reason why Jesus Christ stopped to tell his disciples so many times and reminded them about the death he would suffer, which he learned from the Old Testament, which is riddled with death. Jesus overcame death, therefore the hope is that one day, as we continue in the life to live for him, we by the spirit can overcome things too.

In Hebrews it talks about how anything that remains unshakable wont fall over, however the things that are shakeable can fall over and topple to the ground, which is suggestive of "mans ideas, or beliefs, or even the faith that they have" if it is placed on incorrect thinking, those things can topple over and what remains is the unshakable.

All the best.

Reactions: Godslittleservant

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You also have "the end of the Mosiac Age", and that deals with the doing way of all material ways. The temple was destroyed in 70Ad, and people came there to gather and worship the LORD, however it had become corrupted and therefore God had it destroyed and which is a symbolic symbol for the doing away with material, and allowing things to be of the Spirit now today, the Material doesn't matter so much anymore as the heart and mind which Yahava, writes his laws upon by the spirit.

It is a good thing to have our bibles to read and learn from though in my opinion/

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Worldwide, it seems that we still have a way to go yet.

Global Summary - An overview of the people groups of the world
People Groups:17,452
Unreached Groups:7,397
% Unreached Groups:42.4%

Population:8.00 Billion
Popl in Unreached:3.40 Billion
% Popl in Unreached:42.4%

~Joshua Project: People Groups of the World | Joshua Project

--Papa Smurf

I do not think so. I believe that God's handiwork proclaims his glory, and he calls all people by the spirit today. Some have devout faith in God, and no one can say they do not. They live it out by their life and it is the spirit of Christ with-in them because they look to the Creator. You may think whatever you want to. The quote by Charles Sprugeon doesn't matter.

There is always a need to bring light into the world of people who are walking around as the living dead.

May God guide you.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps since John lived past Paul, he got to witness the return of Christ and was taken, but still everyone was changed in the twinkling of the eye - therefore death and going into the next realm is instant.

People will be judged and placed where they are meant to be placed, @Jay Ross. There is a reason why Jesus Christ stopped to tell his disciples so many times and reminded them about the death he would suffer, which he learned from the Old Testament, which is riddled with death. Jesus overcame death, therefore the hope is that one day, as we continue in the life to live for him, we by the spirit can overcome things too.

In Hebrews it talks about how anything that remains unshakable wont fall over, however the things that are shakeable can fall over and topple to the ground, which is suggestive of "mans ideas, or beliefs, or even the faith that they have" if it is placed on incorrect thinking, those things can topple over and what remains is the unshakable.

All the best.

MatthewG, your understanding of God's timeline is all mixed up. I would suggest to you to study the scriptures and see if you can construct a timeline from the creation of Adam up to the start of the GWTR Judgement.

When you can do that, then I will listen to see if I can agree with you. But when you hold to the preterist POV, then I know that you are wrong in what you post.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MatthewG, your understanding of God's timeline is all mixed up. I would suggest to you to study the scriptures and see if you can construct a timeline from the creation of Adam up to the start of the GWTR Judgement.

When you can do that, then I will listen to see if I can agree with you. But when you hold to the preterist POV, then I know that you are wrong in what you post.
I disagree with you and that is okay. Im not a good math matician.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I disagree with you and that is okay. Im not a good math matician.

So be it MatthewG, but there are many ancient prophecies that are being fulfilled during this present time if we are prepared to consider the scriptures and the historic record. Remember a lie is often wrapped in some truth to disguise the lie.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So be it MatthewG, but there are many ancient prophecies that are being fulfilled during this present time if we are prepared to consider the scriptures and the historic record. Remember a lie is often wrapped in some truth to disguise the lie.
I disagree, bud.

It is either Jesus and his apostles where telling the truth or they were lying.

That is the question, did John lie about the things shortly to happen? In my opinion written before 70Ad?

While many people debate the dating, i disagree with later date, as to me it is nonsensical personally.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I disagree, bud.

It is either Jesus and his apostles where telling the truth or they were lying.

That is the question, did John lie about the things shortly to happen? In my opinion written before 70Ad?

While many people debate the dating, i disagree with later date, as to me it is nonsensical personally.

But our history does confirm that Jerusalem was partitioned into three parts in 1948. That Babylon was remembered once more in 1926. That the two Great turmoils of war spoken about in the Seventh recorded Blow judgements occur in the 20th centaury. That the three frog like spirits performing signs and wonders for all of the world to see as they unfolded happened on 9-11-2001, and could not have happened nearly 2,000 in our past, because the technology was not available back then.

So how do you account for the history being so wrong as you suggest?

Papa Smurf

Jul 6, 2023
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not think so.
Hello again Matthew, the Joshua Project is a "research initiative" that helps coordinate missionary organizations and point them in the direction of the unreached and under-reached people groups in the world today (groups who know little to nothing about Jesus). It is, in point of fact, their job to know who and where these folks are in the world, folks who die every day w/o having heard the Lord Jesus Christ's precious Name, much less knowing anything about Him. They are an interesting group with an interesting and very important mission (and worth checking out, IMHO, if you have the time).

I believe that God's handiwork proclaims his glory
Agreed! His general revelation about Himself is VERY hard to miss!

and he calls all people by the spirit today.
Call to what/who exactly? Please elaborate. Thanks!

Some have devout faith in God, and no one can say they do not.
If someone clearly has "devout faith in God", why would anyone say that they do not :contemplate: Please elaborate here, as well. Thanks again!

They live it out by their life and it is the spirit of Christ with-in them because they look to the Creator.
Hmmm, who are these people of whom you speak, specifically? (are you, for instance, referring to those who are not Christians, but who we might refer to as very "spiritual" in this world?). Please explain further for clarity's sake.

You may think whatever you want to.
Thank you! However, I believe that God has already given me permission to do that ;) (hmmm, perhaps I should have asked, think about what exactly??)

The quote by Charles Sprugeon doesn't matter.
There is always a need to bring light into the world of people who are walking around as the living dead.
I'm not following this very well either. The Spurgeon quote that I posited above concerns the ongoing need for Christians to do all that we can in obedience to what the Lord Jesus called us to do (while we remain here as aliens and strangers in this lost world), and to act in accord with who we now are, "salt" and "light", that is .. e.g. Matthew 5:13-16.

What you said seems a bit odd/doesn't follow, because you stated plainly that the Spurgeon quote "doesn't matter" in the first sentence above, and then said that it "does matter" in the sentence below it. So, if you believe that the point that Spurgeon's quote makes DOES matter, why do you also say that it does not :contemplate:

Thanks!

God bless you!!

--Papa Smurf

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But our history does confirm that Jerusalem was partitioned into three parts in 1948. That Babylon was remembered once more in 1926. That the two Great turmoils of war spoken about in the Seventh recorded Blow judgements occur in the 20th centaury. That the three frog like spirits performing signs and wonders for all of the world to see as they unfolded happened on 9-11-2001, and could not have happened nearly 2,000 in our past, because the technology was not available back then.

So how do you account for the history being so wrong as you suggest?
I reject that 1948 has anything to do with Revelation.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello again Matthew, the Joshua Project is a "research initiative" that helps coordinate missionary organizations and point them in the direction of the unreached and under-reached people groups in the world today (groups who know little to nothing about Jesus). It is, in point of fact, their job to know who and where these folks are in the world, folks who die every day w/o having heard the Lord Jesus Christ's precious Name, much less knowing anything about Him. They are an interesting group with an interesting and very important mission (and worth checking out, IMHO, if you have the time).

Agreed! His general revelation about Himself is VERY hard to miss!

Call to what/who exactly? Please elaborate. Thanks!

If someone clearly has "devout faith in God", why would anyone say that they do not :contemplate: Please elaborate here, as well. Thanks again!

Hmmm, who are these people of whom you speak, specifically? (are you, for instance, referring to those who are not Christians, but who we might refer to as very "spiritual" in this world?). Please explain further for clarity's sake.

Thank you! However, I believe that God has already given me permission to do that ;) (hmmm, perhaps I should have asked, think about what exactly??)

I'm not following this very well either. The Spurgeon quote that I posited above concerns the ongoing need for Christians to do all that we can in obedience to what the Lord Jesus called us to do (while we remain here as aliens and strangers in this lost world), and to act in accord with who we now are, "salt" and "light", that is .. e.g. Matthew 5:13-16.

What you said seems a bit odd/doesn't follow, because you stated plainly that the Spurgeon quote "doesn't matter" in the first sentence above, and then said that it "does matter" in the sentence below it. So, if you believe that the point that Spurgeon's quote makes DOES matter, why do you also say that it does not :contemplate:

Thanks!

God bless you!!

--Papa Smurf
Spurgeon is just a human being. Its better to listen to Jesus and his apostles. I contiouslly will reject any claims of any future return of the Lord. He came already, he promised to come and his aposltes tauht his return to all the people they went out to within that generation from 30ad when he told the four disciples what would happen and what would be the coming of the end of the age or world they knew. The Mosaic age. There is historical evidence for the signs that showed up by secular histroian Jospehus.

People will ve resurrected and meet the Lord though. I do believe the bride of christ seen him come back as promised and not some spiritual return, in ad70, its all on faith.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Papa Smurf @Jay Ross

While you may consider my faith false. Or that I am decieved person. Remember I did not ask for help in making sure the faith that I have is set up right. To me I believe looking at the history of events, and considering Jesus and his apostles went on to tell of his return and dying for him says a lot.

To suggest a whole audience of people through the narrative of the gospel and through the acts - revelation are lied to, and he never came back for then, is a thing that many people decide for themselves to do.

Why? Cause they were never taught properly, is one reason. Another reason, is they stopped reading the Gospels and letters and just go off what they remember forgetting the audience and the real life people there in that time as a whole.

That is no esles ones fault; its just your responsibility to go back and see if what I am saying is true… or reject it.

Some will challenge themselves, some will desire to stay where they are. I dont mind either way what you choose to do. There is still a reason to share great news with people.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I reject that 1948 has anything to do with Revelation.

Really MatthewG, do you not read the scriptures.

Revelation 16:19-20: - 19 Now the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell. And great Babylon was remembered before God, to give her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of His wrath. 20 Then every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.​

Is not the great city Jerusalem? Were not the cities of the Middle East nations cities levelled during WW1. Was not the Land of Babylon remembered once more before God in 1926 with the establishment of Iraq given dominion over the Land of Babylon.

It tells it all if you can link the events in the 20th centaury with the seventh bowl judgement.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Papa Smurf @Jay Ross

While you may consider my faith false. Or that I am decieved person. Remember I did not ask for help in making sure the faith that I have is set up right. To me I believe looking at the history of events, and considering Jesus and his apostles went on to tell of his return and dying for him says a lot.

To suggest a whole audience of people through the narrative of the gospel and through the acts - revelation are lied to, and he never came back for then, is a thing that many people decide for themselves to do.

Why? Cause they were never taught properly, is one reason. Another reason, is they stopped reading the Gospels and letters and just go off what they remember forgetting the audience and the real life people there in that time as a whole.

That is no esles ones fault; its just your responsibility to go back and see if what I am saying is true… or reject it.

Some will challenge themselves, some will desire to stay where they are. I dont mind either way what you choose to do. There is still a reason to share great news with people.

Unless we are truthful with the scriptures, the people will reject the Gospel as well.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, @Jay Ross. There is no reason to debate your premise. I reject 1948 as being something viable, the 12 tribes from when Joshua gave out the land is more viable of them being their own nation, though separate. You can consider me being untruthful with scripture if you would like to. Those types of remarks, have little to no bearing on the faith of relying on Jesus and the apostle's foretelling of the coming in that day in age, and it still 'not happening, then', to me would be a lie.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Unless we are truthful with the scriptures, the people will reject the Gospel as well.
The problem with that is...whose to say you or anyone else, is truthful with the scriptures.....it’s just your interpretation and opinions.....same as mine or anyone else’s......just sayin.

We need to be open to hear the Holy Spirit while studying his living words...after all HE is the deliverer of the truth....

Bible Verses About Truth Of Scripture​

Bible verses related to Truth Of Scripture from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance

- Sort By Book Order

2 Timothy 3:16 - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Peter 1:20 - Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

John 17:17 - Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (Read More...)

John 16:13 - Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

2 Peter 1:20-21 - Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. (Read More...)

Revelation 22:18 - For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Last edited: