DIFFERENCES BETWEEN PETER AND PAUL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Davy,

I suggest you go back and actually read what I have said; for you are totally misrepresenting me. In the light of that I have no intention of either paying attention to, or addressing your reply.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

I think I got the gist of what you said, pretty well...

You said:
"It was then that Paul, as the Lord's Prisoner, received further revelation from God concerning this present parenthetical administration, in which the church of the One Body, of which Christ is the Head, is being called out. This knowledge was hid in God until that moment, for God in His foreknowledge waited until Israel had been given opportunity to repent, and take up their divinely appointed role of Priests unto God. When they did not, it was necessary that God's plan and purpose for this dispensation be made known. To Paul alone was this revelation given, and He administered it, both in person to those who visited him, and through the epistles he wrote from prison, namely Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon."

Fact of the matter, to Apostle Peter is who it was revealed to first... per Acts 10, when God used the vision of unclean animals, telling Peter to take and eat. God used that to show how Peter would be called to go preach The Gospel to Gentiles, something he had not done before till then.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I sense that you may not realize the seriousness of this matter. The dual gospel Hyper-Dispensationalist idea is very dangerous to the Christian.

The reason is because of how they wrongly teach that only... Paul's Epistles are given to Christ's Church.

What that means is, literally, that NONE of the other Books of God's Word apply to Christ's Church. Their false teaching is basically blasphemy against The Holy Spirit.
Hello again, @Davy,

I cannot speak for others, but I believe that the later epistles of Paul deal directly with this dispensation, yes, but all scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable to us.

I suggest that you stop misrepresenting what you obviously do not fully understand.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think I got the gist of what you said, pretty well...

You said:
"It was then that Paul, as the Lord's Prisoner, received further revelation from God concerning this present parenthetical administration, in which the church of the One Body, of which Christ is the Head, is being called out. This knowledge was hid in God until that moment, for God in His foreknowledge waited until Israel had been given opportunity to repent, and take up their divinely appointed role of Priests unto God. When they did not, it was necessary that God's plan and purpose for this dispensation be made known. To Paul alone was this revelation given, and He administered it, both in person to those who visited him, and through the epistles he wrote from prison, namely Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon."

Fact of the matter, to Apostle Peter is who it was revealed to first... per Acts 10, when God used the vision of unclean animals, telling Peter to take and eat. God used that to show how Peter would be called to go preach The Gospel to Gentiles, something he had not done before till then.
Hello @Davy,

You need to read Ephesians, Philippians and Colossians, for you obviously do not know what was revealed to Paul, otherwise you would not say that Peter received this knowledge. You are also denying what is said in Ephesians 3:9 and Colossians 1:26.

'Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given,
that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery,
which from the beginning of the world hath been
hid in God,
Who created all things by Jesus Christ'
:
(Ephesians 3:8-9)

'Whereof I am made a minister,
according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you,
to fulfil the word of God;

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations,
but now is made manifest to His saints:

To whom God would make known
what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles;
which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Whom we preach, warning every man,
and teaching every man in all wisdom;
that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:'

(Colossians 1:25-28)

* This was the subject of the further revelation made known to Paul at the end of the Acts period; having been 'hid in God' until then.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello again, @Davy,

I cannot speak for others, but I believe that the later epistles of Paul deal directly with this dispensation, yes, but all scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable to us.

I suggest that you stop misrepresenting what you obviously do not fully understand.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

And I suggest you STOP making false disrepectful statements like that one in red.

You haven't even begun to know what I understand.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Davy,

You need to read Ephesians, Philippians and Colossians, for you obviously do not know what was revealed to Paul, otherwise you would not say that Peter received this knowledge. You are also denying what is said in Ephesians 3:9 and Colossians 1:26.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

I well understand what was revealed to Apostle Paul. But do you? Try Galatians 3 and Romans 4? Do you know what that is about?

And while we're at it, would you like a teaching on why Apostle Paul covered many of God's laws still in application with The Gospel when he spoke to Timothy?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Charity:

Dqvy:-
And I suggest you STOP making false disrepectful statements like that one in red.

You haven't even begun to know what I understand
Hello @Davy,

I can only judge by what you choose to make known, and what I see has led me to reach those conclusions.

If you want to talk about Galatians 3 or Romans 4, then perhaps you should start a new thread.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Davy,

I can only judge by what you choose to make known, and what I see has led me to reach those conclusions.

If you want to talk about Galatians 3 or Romans 4, then perhaps you should start a new thread.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

I didn't ask if you wanted me to show you what Paul taught in Gal.3 and Rom.4, I asked if you... knew what those chapters are about. Apparently, you do not know.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Davy:-
I didn't ask if you wanted me to show you what Paul taught in Gal.3 and Rom.4, I asked if you... knew what those chapters are about. Apparently, you do not know.

* You must think what you like about that @Davy.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Chris,
I did read your post and, there is at least one scripture that came to my mind, and I wonder what you might think of it? Thank yo for any reply!
Galatians 1:6–8

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed."
Hello
If I may....would I be right if I assumed you are questioning if the different gospels so aptly put forth by Charity might be posing a problem for you because of Galatians 1:6-8 in regard to there being another gospel?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello
If I may....would I be right if I assumed you are questioning if the different gospels so aptly put forth by Charity might be posing a problem for you because of Galatians 1:6-8 in regard to there being another gospel?

No Doug, not any longer as, it was clarified to me in Post # 136.