dirty old TV

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jan 19, 2017
USA, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, I wanted to say that some of the TV shows upset me. I live with my parents, don't have a job, I am on disability social security. My dad is old, he has a serious hearing problem, he does not have much energy, he spends the energy he does have mowing the yard, I am not strong enough to mow the yard, and I don't know how to use the lawn mower. I work in the yard digging up weeds and watering plants. I am interest in gardening, but i need more info on it, I live in Florida the climate down here is hot and nearly tropical. My mom has been married to my dad for about 40 years, I am proud of them and their righteousness, so many young people live together, and have children without being married. I am a woman, I am save, my mother stays up at night playing computer games like publishers clearing house. She sleeps during the day. My dad mainly just setsin his chair and watches TV, the news is upsetting, there are dirty talk shows, dirty silly game shows, I do not like it. my dad mostly controls whats on TV. i don't like perverted or violent and bloody stuff on TV. I used to watch very bad TV shows, Xena warrior princess, Buffy the Vampire slayer, Charmed, and High lander. When I dedicated myself to the Lord, I stopped watching that evil. My dad sometimes watches boring shows. I flip with the remote and sometimes see something exciting, like Reign, a show about the Tudor Queen Elizabeth I and Mary Queen of the Scotts. It was historical, but also exciting, with liberties taken. I like watching Animal Planet because they have cute dogs and cats, horses, and birds, I love cute cuddly animals, put then they started to have snakes on animals planet, and I do not like snakes, snakes are scary. I'd like to watch more of hour movie dvd collection.

My parents are saved Christians, I guess I should not complain. But some day time tv talk shows can be dirty, or stupid. I do not like Steve Harvey because he is a pervert, Wendy Williams gossips and can be perverted. Ellen plays these silly games, she is a lesbian, she plays mean silly games with he guests, I think it is foolish and mean, she is so ridiculous.

btw, in case you think I am a bum or couch potato, I am not, I am an artist, though an amateur artist. I take art lessons once a week at the local visual arts center. I draw and paint. I use graphite pencil, colored pencils, watercolor, and acrylics I try to use my art to honor God. He gave me a gift, I use it to praise him. I have been working on a watercolor painting of Jesus Christ in the clouds, with blue sky and a rainbow in the background. I am working on painting rainbows. I also like to read, mostly Christian romance novels, or devotional books, and the Bible, the most important book. I try to write my own stories, fairy tales, Christian fantasy, love, the battle between good and evil, etc.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i'm in FL too right now, down south, and i gotta say it is funny how climate dictates lifestyle choices. Things that would be irrelevant if one could go outside become relevant when everyone is more or less trapped inside for 5 months of the year! Art seems like a great pursuit, compared to the choices imo :)

Reactions: Helen

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I ditched the TV a long time ago. I don't find it enhancing and don't care to be entertained by stupidity which by and large the greater slab of presentations are. Choices to what I expose myself to are critical. I can too easily be enticed so I have set myself boundaries.
If it doesn't glorify God I don't want to go there.
From a worldly point of view my life could seem boring but that's not how I see it. I also live in a tropical climate, in the forest in fact surrounded by tall trees and large plants with the wild things never far away. The ocean is close and walking early in the mornings as the sun comes up lets me experience the master artist's works.
There is peace and I thank God for this little slice of tranquility on our otherwise troubled planet.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen
Jan 19, 2017
USA, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I don't really have a choice. I have a drawing board on top of the coffee table, which is in the den where my dad watches TV. THis is where I do my drawing. If I want to paint, I clear off or have my mom clear off the dining/kitchen table an I cover it with an old plastic shower curtain. My dad likes some daytime TV, we watch Animal planet, the price is right, family feud, and I try to watch the pbs artist that come on at 1:00 in the afternoon. I don't like Steve Harvey because he talks perverted, is immoral. I don't like Ellen Degeneres because she is a lesbian and her show is ridiculous, she plays all these pranks and silly games, I like Harry show, Harry Connick jr. has a nice show. My dad likes Mash, and I like it too, we all like Andy Griffith, it is an old show, but funny and entertaining.

My life is boring too. I hate the news. I usually go into my room and watch one of my dvd movies or read a book while news is on. The family has a big collection of dvd movies, and some old vhs tapes. I like art, reading, and writing. I write Christian fantasy stories, sometimes like little fairy tales. Jesus Christ is my inspiration, I want to please Him with my art and writing. I would like to illustrate the Bible. I also water the yard and try to grow a garden, but my yard makes an awful sorry 'garden' it needs some work.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If life is boring find something to do. Can you volunteer to help with any charities, or with your church. Most childrens work needs good illistrations and activities for the children. Could you design and draw them.
Could you help in other ways at your church, or at your nearest school.
Here in the uk schools for young children welcome adults to come in and listen to children reading.
Does your church have a visiting programe for the elderly, couild you join it.
Could you work part time? Study on line even market your drawings on line, or design a range of handmade cards and sell through your church, local shops and on line.

Reactions: Willie T and Helen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stopped watching tv 11 years ago - not only do I never miss watching it - i can barely stand to be around it. Movies are the same for me. As soon as you stop watching contrived versions of life, you can start really experiencing it.

Reactions: Willie T

Uisdean

Aug 12, 2018
Asheville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cut the cable years ago...we use a Roku & selectively watch that. What we found was that when the show ended we had the option to stop watching. The next show does not automatically come on. (Well, YouTube does keep tossing up videos...)

I got involved in prison ministry. You can find something. Just pray about it. Be open...if you can't get out, invite people into your home.

Just a thought...take a gardening class.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live in St. Petersburg, and this town is alive every day of the week. If I had the energy at 73 years of age, I could be doing something all the time. I have lived quite a few places, and can't imagine anywhere more active than this city. Viva la Florida Living!
This is where we are attending right now: Welcome!

Reactions: aspen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi, I wanted to say that some of the TV shows upset me.
That's perfectly understandable. At the same time, you have TOTAL CONTROL of what to watch and what not to watch. You may also wish to memorize the channels which are devoid of garbage and visit them from time to time. Or quit altogether and read, or whatever else you enjoy.