disability

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Psalm 139 tells us before our creation by God, He had written down in His book all of our days fashioned for us.
That is before our existence God had determined our lives, what they would be, what we would do. God has perfect knowledge about us because He created us according to His purpose and will.

16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,

When as yet there were none of them.

Psalm 139

New King James Version

God’s Perfect Knowledge of Man​

For the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.​

1 O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
2 You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
3 You [a]comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.

5 You have [b]hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it.
7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in [c]hell, behold, You are there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall [d]fall on me,”
Even the night shall be light about me;
12 Indeed, the darkness [e]shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike to You.

13 For You formed my inward parts;
You [f]covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for [g]I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My [h]frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.
19 Oh, that You would slay the wicked, O God!
Depart from me, therefore, you [i]bloodthirsty men.
20 For they speak against You wickedly;
[j]Your enemies take Your name in vain.
21 Do I not hate them, O Lord, who hate You?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?
22 I hate them with [k]perfect hatred;
I count them my enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
24 And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
sooo, I will ask again; what is the nature of the character of God that you see? It's a personal question.
You say I am not getting it, but you're not believing what the scriptures say, as I have been pointing out many times today.
Like I said God does everything for His glory, declaring the end from the beginning to be what it is, there is no random chance with God, nothing is unknown or uncertain.
Romans 11:36
For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

Romans 16:27
to God, alone wise, be glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen.

And this
1 Corinthians 2
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God [c]ordained before the ages for our glory, 8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9 But as it is written:

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the [d]Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

2 Corinthians 3 again about glory​

Glory of the New Covenant​

7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. 10 For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels. 11 For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.

12 Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech— 13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. 14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. 15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. 16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as [b]by the Spirit of the Lord.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You say I am not getting it, but you're not believing what the scriptures say, as I have been pointing out many times today.
Like I said God does everything for His glory, declaring the end from the beginning to be what it is, there is no random chance with God, nothing is unknown or uncertain.
Romans 11:36
For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

Romans 16:27
to God, alone wise, be glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen.

And this
1 Corinthians 2
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God [c]ordained before the ages for our glory, 8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9 But as it is written:

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the [d]Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ
Scotty, I know you're not a robot therefore I'm not asking you for a pre-programmed response. I'm asking you personally; as one who can think and determine for oneself ....'how do you see the character of God'?.....like, is he consistent, is he arbitrary, does he mirror the God's men have created ie, he gets pissed at infractions......what is your picture?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just a word of advice about disability, Jesus said "neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God be revealed in him" (gospels from memory) - Jesus does not view disability as an inhibitive condition.

To Jesus, there is glory for God in correcting disability (not removing it).

I have schizophrenia, if you took that from me, you would be destroying the work of God unnecessarily.

Reactions: shortangel

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Scotty, I know you're not a robot therefore I'm not asking you for a pre-programmed response. I'm asking you personally; as one who can think and determine for oneself ....'how do you see the character of God'?.....like, is he consistent, is he arbitrary, does he mirror the God's men have created ie, he gets pissed at infractions......what is your picture?
Mine or anyone else's opinions are meaningless and have no authority to know who God is. Besides that, no one should listen to me telling them what I think God is all about and they are wrong if they do, that leads to cultic thinking.

We know what God is like is by the things He says about Himself and what he actually does in all the scriptures, that is after all the word of God given to men about Himself and the nature of how things are. You seem to have created a God in your mind which is not based on that. And I don't see any point continuing the discussion with you.

Here is another example spoken by Jesus on what God is like

The Parable of the Minas​

11 Now as they heard these things, He spoke another parable, because He was near Jerusalem and because they thought the kingdom of God would appear immediately. 12 Therefore He said: “A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and to return. 13 So he called ten of his servants, delivered to them ten [e]minas, and said to them, ‘Do business till I come.’ 14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a delegation after him, saying, ‘We will not have this man to reign over us.’

15 “And so it was that when he returned, having received the kingdom, he then commanded these servants, to whom he had given the money, to be called to him, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. 16 Then came the first, saying, ‘Master, your mina has earned ten minas.’ 17 And he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant; because you were faithful in a very little, have authority over ten cities.’ 18 And the second came, saying, ‘Master, your mina has earned five minas.’ 19 Likewise he said to him, ‘You also be over five cities.’

20 “Then another came, saying, ‘Master, here is your mina, which I have kept put away in a handkerchief. 21 For I feared you, because you are [f]an austere man. You collect what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.’ 22 And he said to him, ‘Out of your own mouth I will judge you, you wicked servant. You knew that I was an austere man, collecting what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow. 23 Why then did you not put my money in the bank, that at my coming I might have collected it with interest?’

24 “And he said to those who stood by, ‘Take the mina from him, and give it to him who has ten minas.’ 25 (But they said to him, ‘Master, he has ten minas.’) 26 ‘For I say to you, that to everyone who has will be given; and from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.

27 But bring here those enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, and slay them before me.’ ”

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The Messiah’s Triumph and Kingdom​

1 Why do the [a]nations [b]rage,
And the people plot a [c]vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves,
And the rulers take counsel together,
Against the Lord and against His Anointed,[d] saying,
3 “Let us break Their bonds in pieces
And cast away Their cords from us.”
4 He who sits in the heavens shall laugh;
The Lord shall hold them in derision.
5 Then He shall speak to them in His wrath,
And distress them in His deep displeasure:

6 “Yet I have [e]set My King
[f]On My holy hill of Zion.”
7 “I will declare the [g]decree:
The Lord has said to Me,
‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.

8 Ask of Me, and I will give You
The nations for Your inheritance,
And the ends of the earth for Your possession.
9 You shall [h]break them with a rod of iron;
You shall dash them to pieces like a potter’s vessel.’ ”

10 Now therefore, be wise, O kings;
Be instructed, you judges of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with fear,
And rejoice with trembling.
12 [i]Kiss the Son, lest [j]He be angry,
And you perish in the way,
When His wrath is kindled but a little.
Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The lack of 'with' is unfortunate Scott. I guess you prefer to talk at me?
The point is I have already said all that is needed to be said. But you're not interested in the scriptures, you want personal opinions, and that is worthless to understanding who God is, being only fake news and can end up being nothing but a lie. But some people prefer a lie over the truth.

Here I will leave you with a post of mine from a while ago I found relevant to the matter

He is only peaceful towards us who believe. His return is the great Day of the Lord where the wicked are ashes under our feet and His.

Malachi 4
“For behold, the day is coming,
Burning like an oven,
And all the proud, yes, all who do wickedly will be stubble.
And the day which is coming shall burn them up,”
Says the Lord of hosts,
“That will leave them neither root nor branch.

Isaiah 48:22
22 “There is no peace,” says the Lord, “for the wicked.”
Isaiah 57:21
There is no peace,” Says my God, “for the wicked.”

If you notice many of the letters to the churches speak of God's peace, favor, grace and great love towards believers only.
But there is no peace for the wicked who store up for themselves wrath from God.

Paul's letters are remarkably consistent to all the churches as are the other apostles letters.

Romans 1:7
To all who are in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 1:3
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Corinthians 1:2
Galatians 1:3
Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ,
Ephesians 1:2

Philippians 1:2
Colossians 1:2
To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ who are in Colosse: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Thessalonians 1:1
Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Thessalonians 1:2
1 Timothy 1:2
To Timothy, a true son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.
2 Timothy 1:2
To Timothy, a beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
Titus 1:4
To Titus, a true son in our common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior.
Philemon 1:3

1 Peter 1:1-3
1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,

To the pilgrims of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:

Grace to you and peace be multiplied.

2 Peter 1:2
Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord,
2 John 1:3
Grace, mercy, and peace will be with you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
3 John 1:14
but I hope to see you shortly, and we shall speak face to face. Peace to you. Our friends greet you. Greet the friends by name.
Jude 1:2
Mercy, peace, and love be multiplied to you.

Revelation 1:4
John, to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne,

Romans 2
God’s Righteous Judgment
1 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things. 2 But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things. 3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?

5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who “will render to each one according to his deeds”:

7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;

8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, 9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek;

10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The point is I have already said all that is needed to be said. But you're not interested in the scriptures, you want personal opinions, and that is worthless to understanding who God is, being only fake news and can end up being nothing but a lie. But some people prefer a lie over the truth.
I guess you can tell what I am interested in more than what I do myself?.....hmmmmm, I wish I had that ability!

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think God will be active in destroying people; they will destroy themselves.
You don't believe the Genesis flood where God drowned all on Earth but 8 "making them an example"? You don't believe where God burned all of Sodom ALIVE "making them an example"? Do you believe any of the Christian Bible? What is your religion?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You don't believe the Genesis flood where God drowned all on Earth but 8 "making them an example"? You don't believe where God burned all of Sodom ALIVE "making them an example"? Do you believe any of the Christian Bible? What is your religion?
Religion!.....did Jesus have a religion?
Didn't they murder him because he was irreligious?; broke their laws, was considered a blasphemer, hung out with the riff-raff, let women of ill repute touch him, was considered a gluten and a wine-bibber......ahhhhhh, it goes on and on!

Reactions: Gottservant

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
....and do I believe the Christian Bible?......I believe it the same way I believe the Earth rotates around the Sun.....not the Sun rotating around the Earth, which would you believe, was believed by most until relatively recent times. It seems to me Jack, you want to insist the Sun rotates around the Earth because from your vantage point that's what it looks like?

Last edited:

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
....and do I believe the Christian Bible......I believe it the same way I believe the Earth rotates around the Sun.....not the Sun rotating around the Earth, which would you believe, was believed my most until relatively recent times. It seems to me Jack, you want to insist the Sun rotates around the Earth because from your vantage point that's what it looks like?
Be fair, though. It actually is a matter of perspective. If you stood on the Sun, it would look like the Earth rotated around you, but who stands on the Sun?

Cultural norms are the problem, they never seem to let people think for themselves. "The moon is made of cheese", remember that one? How many people could have had an interest in the stars of Heaven, rather than laugh themselves to silliness, about something that was completely out of place?

I've had it, I'm not telling people what I believe any more, the words of Jesus will be my defence!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Be fair, though. It actually is a matter of perspective. If you stood on the Sun, it would look like the Earth rotated around you, but who stands on the Sun?

Cultural norms are the problem, they never seem to let people think for themselves. "The moon is made of cheese", remember that one? How many people could have had an interest in the stars of Heaven, rather than laugh themselves to silliness, about something that was completely out of place?

I've had it, I'm not telling people what I believe any more, the words of Jesus will be my defence!
Understanding context is critical in any field of learning.

Reactions: Gottservant

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....and do I believe the Christian Bible?......I believe it the same way I believe the Earth rotates around the Sun.....not the Sun rotating around the Earth, which would you believe, was believed by most until relatively recent times. It seems to me Jack, you want to insist the Sun rotates around the Earth because from your vantage point that's what it looks like?
It seems to you? I'll take the LITERAL Christian Bible over what seems to.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It seems to you? I'll take the LITERAL Christian Bible over what seems to.
Literal, metaphorical and spiritual understandings are all in oneself. The evidence is in the fact that we all have different understandings..
That's why Jesus said, 'be careful HOW you hear' Luke 8:18

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Literal, metaphorical and spiritual understandings are all in oneself. The evidence is in the fact that we all have different understandings..
That's why Jesus said, 'be careful HOW you hear' Luke 8:18
I'll take the Literal Christian Bible over your interpretations. I'll believe Jesus. Belief in the "everlasting fire" that Jesus warned us about is not required for ETERNAL residency therein. Satan LOVES it when his messengers tell us there is no eternal Hell fire!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'll take the Literal Christian Bible over your interpretations. I'll believe Jesus.
You must be literal wheat then?......if I grind you will you turn to flour?
oooops, wait, you must be a literal branch as well? ......and how do you understand fishers of men when it's literal?

Wisdom dictates how you see/hear or how you don't see/hear.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must be literal wheat then?......if I grind you will you turn to flour?
oooops, wait, you must be a literal branch as well? ......and how do you understand fishers of men when it's literal?
So "everlasting life" doesn't mean everlasting life? Sorry for you!