disability

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Be assured, God does not create disability of any kind. He is the life giver, not the life taker. The Hebrews believed he was both however they were in error. Jesus tells us it is the devil who steals and kills and destroys.....not God.

Disability is the fruit of disfunction somewhere in the spectrum of the fallen human experience; the ultimate disability and consequence being death....you are disabled from living.

• Wow
Reactions: shortangel

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be assured, God does not create disability of any kind. He is the life giver, not the life taker. The Hebrews believed he was both however they were in error. Jesus tells us it is the devil who steals and kills and destroys.....not God.

Disability is the fruit of disfunction somewhere in the spectrum of the fallen human experience; the ultimate disability and consequence being death....you are disabled from living.
Are you referring to God of the Bible Who drowned all on Earth, including men, women, children, disabled and elderly, "making them an example"?

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you referring to God of the Bible Who drowned all on Earth, including men, women, children and elderly, "making them an example"?
What men have attributed to God does not mean or make God responsible.
The understanding of the Hebrews was that God is responsible for both good and bad. They wrote from that perspective.....just as you write from yours. They were in error in this as they were in other matters also.

Here's an alternative explanation.....
The ark was in construction for 120 years; Noah told the folks disaster was on its way. God closed the door of the ark because the water was coming, the water which in all likelihood was the result of environmental engineering/meddling by the antediluvians just like they meddled with the genetics of the animals and created monsters which we today know as the Dinosaurs.
The door was not closed to keep the people out. The people bar eight, chose to stay out reaping the resulting consequences of their own folly.
The ancients blamed God.....they shifted the responsibility of their own actions onto God.

The example? don't blame God for what is your responsibility.....it'll kill you!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What men have attributed to God does not mean or make God responsible.
The understanding of the Hebrews was that God is responsible for both good and bad. They wrote from that perspective.....just as you write from yours. They were in error in this as they were in other matters also.

Here's an alternative explanation.....
The ark was in construction for 120 years; Noah told the folks disaster was on its way. God closed the door of the ark because the water was coming, the water which in all likelihood was the result of environmental engineering/meddling by the antediluvians just like they meddled with the genetics of the animals and created monsters which we today know as the Dinosaurs.
The door was not closed to keep the people out. The people bar eight, chose to stay out reaping the resulting consequences of their own folly.
The ancients blamed God.....they shifted the responsibility of their own actions onto God.

The example? don't blame God for what is your responsibility.....it'll kill you!
Your opinions do not overrule the Bible.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your opinions do not overrule the Bible.
Your understanding does not make the Bible mean what your understanding makes it mean just as the understanding of the Religious Jews in Jesus time did not make the scriptures mean what they understood it to mean. Jesus corrected their misunderstanding on many things.....and as Hebrews 1 tells us, Jesus is the final authority.....not your misunderstanding of the text.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your understanding does not make the Bible mean what your understanding makes it mean just as the understanding of the Religious Jews in Jesus time did not make the scriptures mean what they understood it to mean. Jesus corrected their misunderstanding on many things.....and as Hebrews 1 tells us, Jesus is the final authority.....not your misunderstanding of the text.
I simply quoted God. Have you read Genesis where God burned men, women, children, elderly and disabled alive, "making them an example"?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I simply quoted God. Have you read Genesis where God burned men, women, children, elderly and disabled alive, "making them an example"?
You simply quoted someone's writings who wrote through a particular cultural lens about God. Understanding that lens brings insight; not understanding it makes God into a monster worse than Hitler.....in fact, it mirrors the devil. Do you understand that?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You simply quoted someone's writings who wrote through a particular cultural lens about God. Understanding that lens brings insight; not understanding it makes God into a monster worse than Hitler.....in fact, it mirrors the devil. Do you understand that?
God of the Bible is a "monster" mirroring the devil? Pity you on Judgment Day!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God of the Bible is a "monster" mirroring the devil? Pity you on Judgment Day!
You don't believe it mirrors the devil's characteristics? ie, frying people for eternity? .....a long time you know, eternity.....think about it!

I see you haven't made many or any enquiries about the character of God? ....and you are quiet happy to worship a being who would burn people in conscious torment forever and ever.

If you have, I'd be interested in what you've come up with?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't believe it mirrors the devil's characteristics? ie, frying people for eternity? .....a long time you know, eternity.....think about it!

I see you haven't made many or any enquiries about the character of God? ....and you are quiet happy to worship a being who would burn people in conscious torment forever and ever.

If you have, I'd be interested in what you've come up with?
Why don't you ask Jesus Who warned us about "Hell fire"?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why don't you ask Jesus Who warned us about "Hell fire"?
I'm asking you who claims to know the meaning of what it's all about......or would you pass the buck to negate responsibility for your words?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm asking you who claims to know what it's all about......or would you pass the buck to negate responsibility for your words?
That's a lie. I simply quote Him who "knows what it's all about". Why don't you quote Him?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's a lie. I simply quote Him who "knows what it's all about". Why don't you quote Him?
I will leave you to your understanding of God's character seeing you insist you understand it by HOW you interpret his words.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will leave you to your understanding of God's character seeing you insist you understand it by HOW you interpret his words.
You will learn about "God's character", now or in Hell.

Hebrews 10
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You will learn about "God's character", now or in Hell.

Hebrews 10
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Then you must live in fear.....cuz where else are you gonna fall?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's much better to fear God now than in Hell fire. Do you even believe in Hell fire? I doubt you will answer.
Jack, yes, Jesus speaks of hell fire but it is not what you think it is ....and unless you are open to another explanation you remain in your misunderstanding.....and I'm sorry for that. Why? because it misrepresents God terribly.......and isn't that what the devils game is, to misrepresent God?

Now, are your doubts subdued now that I've answered you? :)

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack, yes, Jesus speaks of hell fire but it is not what you think it is ....and unless you are open to another explanation you remain in your misunderstanding.....and I'm sorry for that. Why? because it misrepresents God terribly.......and isn't that what the devils game is, to misrepresent God?

Now, are your doubts subdued now that I've answered you? :)
What is your religion? Don't know?

Sample
Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.