disability

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is it there’s only one way to eternal life for humans (being given the down payment of the Holy Spirit) and yet, men having not received His Spirit will live eternally?

Reactions: quietthinker

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as you wish!
My wish? How is quoting God my wish? The Bible is God's Word. ETERNAL life is the exact same Greek Word as ETERNAL punishment. Hell will be filled with people who don't believe in Hell.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your religion? Don't know?

Sample
Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
So we have mortals being thrown into the same fire that was prepared for the devil and his angels.
Then we have the unholy trinity tormented forever. (In that fire).

But what you CANT read there is that mortals thrown there will be tormented forever. You can make that assumption, but you cannot read it.

Reactions: Gospel Believer

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we have mortals being thrown into the same fire that was prepared for the devil and his angels.
Then we have the unholy trinity tormented forever. (In that fire).

But what you CANT read there is that mortals thrown there will be tormented forever. You can make that assumption, but you cannot read it.
A pretty good "assumption" I think, since Jesus did use the term "EVERLASTING fire", and considering Luke 16 where the rich man died and was quite alive and tormented in the fire.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A pretty good "assumption" I think, since Jesus did use the term "EVERLASTING fire", and considering Luke 16 where the rich man died and was quite alive and tormented in the fire.
Men making assumptions and leaning on their own understanding is how we have such a big mess going on.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men making assumptions and leaning on their own understanding is how we have such a big mess going on.
I'm "assuming" that Jesus is correct when He used the exact same word for "eternal" life and "eternal" punishment.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm "assuming" that Jesus is correct when He used the exact same word for "eternal" life and "eternal" punishment.
I’m assuming you’re not correct when your leaven ends with eternal life meaning to live forever and eternal death also meaning to live forever. Everyone ever born lives forever so the second death has no meaning.
Its just a continuation of: did God REALLY say you would die….? You won’t die!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m assuming you’re not correct when your leaven ends with eternal life meaning to live forever and eternal death also meaning to live forever. Everyone ever born lives forever so the second death has no meaning.
Its just a continuation of: did God REALLY say you would die….? You won’t die!
"Death" never means "cease to exist" in the Bible, even though one JW here actually said that Jesus "ceased to exist" for three days. We are clearly told, "they will be tormented day and night forever and ever". The rich man was quite alive in the fire after he died physically.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We are clearly told, "they will be tormented day and night forever and ever". The rich man was quite alive in the fire after he died physically.
You’re throwing a mishmash out there, including the verse we just discussed and your assumption regarding it.
Assumptions and approximations and your own reasoning is a poor way to handle scripture. But, it’s what you’ve chosen and no one will be able to talk you out of it, so…carry on then.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re throwing a mishmash out there, including the verse we just discussed and your assumption regarding it.
Assumptions and approximations and your own reasoning is a poor way to handle scripture. But, it’s what you’ve chosen and no one will be able to talk you out of it, so…carry on then.
I quoted Jesus. Only Satan's children would call what Jesus says "mishmash".

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ahhhhhh, excuse me, could the holier than thou crowd please step to the right; ascension clothes are pressed and waiting for you.......and all the rest of the riff-raff, there'll be no asbestos lined shoes as an entrance gift to the hot party!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ahhhhhh, excuse me, could the holier than thou crowd please step to the right; ascension clothes are pressed and waiting for you.......and all the rest of the riff-raff, there'll be no asbestos lined shoes as an entrance gift to the hot party!
Jesus is indeed "holier than thou", and here's what He said:

Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: shortangel