Discernment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Nancy Interesting thread , only just see it! LOL
I always seem to be last to the party these days :rolleyes:

For me the lack of discernment in the church is because like most things...the flock has not been encouraged or tutored in getting quiet enough inside, and hearing from the Spirit. It is Him that gives us the spiritual insight. So many are too busy to learn and recognize His Voice.
Just reading and learning the bible does not tune the inner ear to His “still small voice”.

My two cents

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy Interesting thread , only just see it! LOL
I always seem to be last to the party these days :rolleyes:

For me the lack of discernment in the church is because like most things...the flock has not been encouraged or tutored in getting quiet enough inside, and hearing from the Spirit. It is Him that gives us the spiritual insight. So many are too busy to learn and recognize His Voice.
Just reading and learning the bible does not tune the inner ear to His “still small voice”.

My two cents

We'll give you 5 cents for that :D I never do remember any Church encouraging us to do that, at least not during services...where it is needed most! Being a very fast, high energy that cannot be spent...I can be a restless sort lol. BUT...now that the weather is much nicer...time to go to the Lake again as that is where prayer comes much easier and His peace quiets my mind. And, no just "reading" the bible does nothing for us...only if the words are quickened! Amen Sistah!!!!!!!!!!!
xo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, i guess they were in agreement though? All of them "spoke the same language" so to speak anyway?
Even so! Some want to say that God is therefore the author of confusion [see Cor 14:33], but in agreeing to build that tower it was the builders who were confused... God brought them to a new start, effectively for them a new birth with the opportunity to do it right this time. Is that not a type or shadow of being born again?

@Nancy Is this off topic? Sorry if I went astray!

Of course proper discernment might mean unconfused communication.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even so! Some want to say that God is therefore the author of confusion [see Cor 14:33], but in agreeing to build that tower it was the builders who were confused... God brought them to a new start, effectively for them a new birth with the opportunity to do it right this time. Is that not a type or shadow of being born again?

@Nancy Is this off topic? Sorry if I went astray!

Of course proper discernment might mean unconfused communication.

Lol, it's not a problem John, as they all seem to go off track at one time or another :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
weird huh
Anyone not on the Lord's side is confused. There are certainly some who think they are the Lord's side, who in their delusions are also effectively confused.

Too many people do not realize that without a love for Truth, God will send them a delusion... a strong delusion [see II Thess 2:11]. Having every "i" dotted and every "t" crossed in our doctrines or beliefs according to scripture does not matter at all if we do not love Truth.

A lot of people think that they have to know the Truth correctly in every point to love it. But... actually it is probably a rare person that even comes close to knowing or seeing the Truth so well as that. God is looking at the heart that loves Him when it cannot yet understand or see Him clearly. This the why for living by "faith" rather than by knowledge. It is the why for loving what we see/understand as through a glass darkly when the "face to face" seems still so far away.

Who is confused?

Last edited:

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
where did you move from, marksman? ty

yet it was just for you imo, in some way im not really seeing
hope you dont take that wrong
somethingsomething moving to Australia is rejection too yeh thats all i got
The UK.
I don't understand your last sentence.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The UK.
I don't understand your last sentence.
ah well, me neither lol
oh wait, the "every homo has rejection" thing, ya
while that is or was a big part of the culture, like 40 years ago, im noticing a diff kind of homo prevalent now, that was rare to nonexistent then? Ive heard "soy-boy" kicked around, dunno if they meant ppl gay from birth or whatever, which tbh i initially suspected was bunk, until i met a father of one recently; point being the kid didnt seem to display any of that. Kid genuinely wonders why he doesnt find women attractive. Has a great dad, who instilled solid self-esteem in all three of his kids

So, forty years ago imo you would have been right, or 99% right, but today im not so sure

so, fwiw, we do have unfermented soy stuffed up every orifice, every pkg in the center aisles has soy; and i mean "every," unlike the rejection thing, i would go so far as to challenge everyone to name me a single--one iow--pkged "food" that does not contain unfermented soy in some form, candles are all soy now, clothes are even made with soy, and i mean, well, what happens when you pump someone full of estrogen? And then combine that with Atrazine? I mean pls, it amounts to nothing less than a legal assault

um, but moving to AUS from UK?
talk about rejection!
i mean, did you lose a bet or something?

Fred Eans

May 31, 2020
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Discernment? That is one of the gifts available, if the Holy Spirit is on your side. The more you study the Word,
The better or easier it will be to tie scriptures together. If you begin to tie them together, then you will begin to understand God’s Plan. If you have about 100 pages, I could begin on that. It doesn’t do a whole lot of good to discern, if nobody listens. But God knows and may give you a tweet to do some of His bidding. We are all responsible for our own Soul. No excuses. You have to keep a handle on your life so as not to change directions.
Things like three floods are mentioned in the Bible; the Lord’s Day is not Sunday; don’t eat pork; always try to witness and let your light shine; there is no rapture, which I have already touched on. And many, many other subjects that pastors lie about, without knowing, and will be judged for.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ah well, me neither lol
oh wait, the "every homo has rejection" thing, ya
while that is or was a big part of the culture, like 40 years ago, im noticing a diff kind of homo prevalent now, that was rare to nonexistent then? Ive heard "soy-boy" kicked around, dunno if they meant ppl gay from birth or whatever, which tbh i initially suspected was bunk, until i met a father of one recently; point being the kid didnt seem to display any of that. Kid genuinely wonders why he doesnt find women attractive. Has a great dad, who instilled solid self-esteem in all three of his kids

So, forty years ago imo you would have been right, or 99% right, but today im not so sure

so, fwiw, we do have unfermented soy stuffed up every orifice, every pkg in the center aisles has soy; and i mean "every," unlike the rejection thing, i would go so far as to challenge everyone to name me a single--one iow--pkged "food" that does not contain unfermented soy in some form, candles are all soy now, clothes are even made with soy, and i mean, well, what happens when you pump someone full of estrogen? And then combine that with Atrazine? I mean pls, it amounts to nothing less than a legal assault

um, but moving to AUS from UK?
talk about rejection!
i mean, did you lose a bet or something?

Just a couple of points. I have never made a claim based on one person's experience. There is ALWAYS the exception to the rule but it does not make the rule. That is a standard view of all reliable research.

Homosexuals are not gay. One researcher who studied 200 homosexuals on Fire Island for two years said that his most prominent finding was how miserable they were.

I have no idea what this soy thing is all about.

I don't gamble so no. In my last three months at Bible College, I felt God telling me to go to Australia and as a result, a mission society was wanting someone to drive a mobile Christian bookroom around Queensland which was right up my street as I had worked in the Christian Book Trade and had driven trucks.

However, it was not to be so I got on with my life, and one day I happen to meet a Christian girl from Australia. We married four months later and have just celebrated our 50th anniversary. After 10 years of marriage, she decided she wanted to go back home and I wanted to go as that is what God had told me to do. She was my entry into Australia.

Any more questions?

Reactions: mjrhealth

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Just a couple of points. I have never made a claim based on one person's experience. There is ALWAYS the exception to the rule but it does not make the rule. That is a standard view of all reliable research.
? "all homos are rejecting?"
Homosexuals are not gay. One researcher who studied 200 homosexuals on Fire Island for two years said that his most prominent finding was how miserable they were.
sorry, what is your point, marksman?
I have no idea what this soy thing is all about.
wadr "i have no idea" is the functional phrase there imo; unfermented soy is loaded with an estrogen mimic, and should not be consumed, period, i guess. Might be a good therapy for menopausal women or something, dunno
I don't gamble so no. In my last three months at Bible College, I felt God telling me to go to Australia and as a result, a mission society was wanting someone to drive a mobile Christian bookroom around Queensland which was right up my street as I had worked in the Christian Book Trade and had driven trucks.
gamble...oh! lol, just joshin ya there, kind of; but i mean your feelings aside there, it could def be um postulated that there is some rejection going on there, not saying that that's bad or anything, strikes me as a great way to leave the world even
However, it was not to be
I felt God telling me to go to Australia
hmm
We married four months later and have just celebrated our 50th anniversary.
! thats awesome :)
she decided she wanted to go back home and I wanted to go as that is what God had told me to do. She was my entry into Australia.
well im glad you were spared from missions, Yah must surely love you imo
Any more questions?
well no offense ok but as you have adroitly maneuvered around my implied ones already i am not inclined to press the issue there, but i would reflect on the rejection of England thing maybe, to get another pov of "rejection," which i have to agree seemed very prevalent among gays 40 years ago, not sure when that changed myself.

So like one um fella's "rejection" is another's "moral shift" or whatever maybe

Last edited:

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
? "all homos are rejecting?"
sorry, what is your point, marksman?
wadr "i have no idea" is the functional phrase there imo; unfermented soy is loaded with an estrogen mimic, and should not be consumed, period, i guess. Might be a good therapy for menopausal women or something, dunno

gamble...oh! lol, just joshin ya there, kind of; but i mean your feelings aside there, it could def be um postulated that there is some rejection going on there, not saying that that's bad or anything, strikes me as a great way to leave the world even

hmm

! thats awesome :)

well im glad you were spared from missions, Yah must surely love you imo

well no offense ok but as you have adroitly maneuvered around my implied ones already i am not inclined to press the issue there, but i would reflect on the rejection of England thing maybe, to get another pov of "rejection," which i have to agree seemed very prevalent among gays 40 years ago, not sure when that changed myself.

So like one um fella's "rejection" is another's "moral shift" or whatever maybe

Why are you trying to be so offensive and supercilious?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Lol, it's not a problem John, as they all seem to go off track at one time or another :)
prolly sounds weird, but as i have learned from (permaculture, landscaping more or less) Latinos, maybe it is as soon as a human head is elected?

The Hammurabi/Babylon story (legend? dunno) is fascinating imo, and really all we usually absorb is "Babylon, bad" right