Disfigured Woman Has New Face (and maybe new heart)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Axehead

May 9, 2012

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
9824718_BG2.jpg

Here's the estranged (at the time) husband. No chance of parole until he's 83. Not a bad looking guy. The Old Testament taught an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. How about a face for a face?

God bless this lady. She seems to be more forgiving than I might be in a similar situation.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Axehead said:
Vt. woman disfigured in chemical attack reveals new face after transplant at Mass. hospital.

(Sounds like she has a new heart, too).

“I learned that ... forgiveness doesn’t condone anything he did and it’s not about him — it’s about forgiving him, it’s forgiving myself, it’s allowing myself to move forward and not getting stuck in the tragedy of that night,” said Tarleton, who has undergone 55 surgeries during the past five years.
No it doesn't. That's not biblical forgiveness. Her words describe her mental processes/understanding, I don't believe bear that out. However, she did speak a half truth - forgiveness doesn’t condone anything he did... .

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
I just ran across this article.

kierawilmot-3_4_r536_c534.jpg

This girl, at school before school started, created an explosion using drain cleaner and aluminum foil. Drain cleaner is extremely caustic, like lye, and pouring it on someone would have resulted in the same thing that happened to the woman who received the face transplant. But, in this girls case, a lot of people seem to be saying it's not big deal that she set off a caustic bomb at school. The article tells us that no one was hurt and it was just a pop like a firecracker and that she just thought there would be some smoke, not an explosion. No, she knew there would be an explosion. That's why there was a "pop", she used a container to build up pressure to create an explosion ala a pipe bomb or a pressure cooker bomb, even in this case even if it were just a plastic bottle. If she were a muslim immigrant, people would be calling for her to be sent to Guantanamo and claiming her small bomb was just practice for a terrorist attack. But, what if the bottle had split or the cap were pushed off in such a way that the liquid were propelled into someone's face and eyes?

Also, nice girls don't explode things at school.

As I said, I'm not as forgiving as the woman who had the face transplant. People who cause others severe harm should be treated severely. People who do dangerous, or potentially dangerous things, even if no harm is meant, should be treated with firmness. It's not about vengeance it's about protecting the public.