Dispensationalism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am totally ignorant about dispensationalists....doing a little research into it....ummmm I guess I might be one and didn't even know it. Well labels only serve to identify peoples differences of beliefs or opinions....that does not render my salvation and my faith in God and His Word as being invalid. IMHO

I have noted that labels are most often used to denigrate people different from us in beliefs.
That brothers do it to one another is disturbing.
I'm learning a lot about my own mistakes in this lately.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Rather a sweaty and panicked intellectual dishonesty is a trap.
well, you say rather when i guess both would be, and both can be revealed imo
they are maybe even the same thing in diff terms? dunno
also i don't mean that logic is bad necessarily, it will get one to the moon or mars, etc
bad that when you (not you, ok) apply logic to Scripture in a certain way, seeking a fact or an Absolute Truth,
Scripture will out you in other passages and you will be forced to contradict yourself imo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
We are told that when we see these things happen we should look up/look for Him.
@Heb 13:8 or @H. Richard was arguing this yesterday, meant to get back with "Galileans, why do you stand there looking up into the sky?" meaning imo that many can now say y'all are admitting to looking the wrong way wadr, with two eyes rather than one or whatever
@Heb 13:8

we are specifically told not to look for Him that way
imo

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah bc we can read the record pretty well now i guess, and a physical exodus that large could not be hidden
now about facts i don't know, ok, i suggest it as the most likely theory, and not denying that an exodus occurred pls understand

How do you consider the exodus hidden? Pharoah certainly knew it happened.
Hidden from whom?

Reactions: LC627
D

Dave L

Another nonsensical attack on Dispensationalists. Why don't you make the effort to properly understand this method of Bible interpretation?
They are false prophets. Unless you can find one direct scripture supporting any of what I outlined from their writings.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
pot/kettle Dave,
pot/kettle
How do you consider the exodus hidden? Pharoah certainly knew it happened.
Hidden from whom?
i say "could not be hidden," so i'm having to extrapolate here, and my reply is that i do not consider it hidden personally either, but that those archaeologists who got into arch specifically for the purpose of proving the Exodus have pretty much capitulated now, and it is not even argued that a physical exodus that large would not leave indelible traces. The more compelling bc they are/were trying to prove a literal exodus, is i guess the point there.

@ "the Pharaoh knew it happened," i would say that we know it happened too, only the story is not even meant to play in Historical space, but rather Literary. Meaning that Pharoah's part is surely accurate enough for the story, for illustrating his perspective iow, but again it does not play in Historical space; we are not reading a historical record of something that literally happened, we are reading a symbolic story that describes the overthrow of the Wisdom tradition of Egypt, might be one way to put it. The record does show an unmistakable decline in Egypt's fortunes and a shift in the center of power toward Israel then, apparently

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I am totally ignorant about dispensationalists....doing a little research into it....ummmm I guess I might be one and didn't even know it. Well labels only serve to identify peoples differences of beliefs or opinions....that does not render my salvation and my faith in God and His Word as being invalid. IMHO
amen!
dispensationalism is a great tool, for a perspective, reveals many insights imo,
obviously we live in a completely different world than they did
what is the opposite of a dispie anyway?
must be coffee time lol

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pot/kettle Dave,
pot/kettle
i say "could not be hidden," so i'm having to extrapolate here, and my reply is that i do not consider it hidden personally either, but that those archaeologists who got into arch specifically for the purpose of proving the Exodus have pretty much capitulated now, and it is not even argued that a physical exodus that large would not leave indelible traces. The more compelling bc they are/were trying to prove a literal exodus, is i guess the point there.

@ "the Pharaoh knew it happened," i would say that we know it happened too, only the story is not even meant to play in Historical space, but rather Literary. Meaning that Pharoah's part is surely accurate enough for the story, for illustrating his perspective iow, but again it does not play in Historical space; we are not reading a historical record of something that literally happened, we are reading a symbolic story that describes the overthrow of the Wisdom tradition of Egypt, might be one way to put it. The record does show an unmistakable decline in Egypt's fortunes and a shift in the center of power toward Israel then, apparently

Meh...I think it happened literally AND it describes everymans journey of going from faith to faith.

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Meh...I think it happened literally AND it describes everymans journey of going from faith to faith.
ha ok, i understand, but ps if you pick up a poisonous snake and it bites you, you will die regardless of what you believe ok
but that does not mean the v is lying

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They are false prophets. Unless you can find one direct scripture supporting any of what I outlined from their writings.
This is BASELESS SLANDER. All false accusations come from Satan, the father of lies. So you are certainly doing his work for him. But you will be held accountable for bearing false witness.

It is clear to any Christian with discernment that you have no clue about either Dispensationalism or Bible prophecy, yet you have the gall to make such pronoucements.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am watching it. when he says dispesensationalism came about in the 1800's - if what he means is that no one believed Jesus would return soon to gather us until the 1800's then I disagree, because the Thessalonians thought it had happened and were distressed they were still here! Paul didn't disabuse them of a false notion that Jesus would return and gather and some would be left - he reminded them that he told them they would see the man of perdition come FIRST.

This is more a reminder so I don't forget. I'm listening and thinking as I go.
I will have to watch the video later...but this is a great point that needs to be properly understood. Perhaps I will elaborate after watching the video.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a good video. worth the watch for sure. I do wish the 3 men were way more scholarly in their approachapproach. They sort of make a laughingstock of themselves and a prettib gathering, which I do believe will occur.

D

Dave L

This is BASELESS SLANDER. All false accusations come from Satan, the father of lies. So you are certainly doing his work for him. But you will be held accountable for bearing false witness.

It is clear to any Christian with discernment that you have no clue about either Dispensationalism or Bible prophecy, yet you have the gall to make such pronoucements.
If you cannot provide one direct quote from scripture saying there will be a 7 year tribulation, or a pre-trib Rapture, or a revived Roman Empire, or anything else Dispensationalism teaches as I outlined above, then what I say is true, and not "baseless slander".

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another nonsensical attack on Dispensationalists. Why don't you make the effort to properly understand this method of Bible interpretation?

Another dishonest comment. Steve Gregg WAS a Dispensationalist teacher and elder in the most Dispie church in America. He makes a very good argument....and his approach is very Christian.

You will know then by their fruit.

Steve's doctrine is very good. Look at his behaviour. Now look at your own.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's a good video. worth the watch for sure. I do wish the 3 men were way more scholarly in their approachapproach. They sort of make a laughingstock of themselves and a prettib gathering, which I do believe will occur.

Pastors and theologians...yeah. They are scholarly....well as scholarly as you can get when teaching error.

But these men are no different than the Dispies on this forum and elsewhere.

You know a Christian doctrinal position is good by looking at the fruit. AND by reading the bible. :)

Just watch all the ranting. No love there.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I finished it. I love the last 15 minutes or so. I love that he says he has brothers and loves those brothers who are dispies. I love that he encourages loving dialogue so that maybe it WOULD be possible to come to agreement, or if not, to not demonize each other. He is a wise man.

I like Steve. I like good brothers! :)

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have stated this over and over about Israel. God's purpose has ALWAYS been that only the faithful and the overcomers are Israel.

Steve's testimony is good.

I would go much further in showing that anyone from the nations can be grafted into Israel...both in the OT....as Steve said....but especially in the NT.

The funny thing is that Messianic Jews...ardent dispies if there ever were any...call their churches Kehals (congregations)

The Jews maintain that Kehal goyim (in Gen:35:11) means synagogues....or congregations of Jews IN the nations.

But that's not accurate. Kehal goyim means "congregation OF Gentiles"....not "in".

So these are genuine pork-eating Gentiles gathered together as Israel. :)