Dispensationalism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

I wonder how God puts up with us, His children always squabbling and arguing. Just like human children, lol.
A lot has to do with the motives behind our disagreements. I always thought the best forum would be where people say what they need to say in a short article. And if anyone disagrees, post a follow up article giving their view. With little or no exchange based on petty disagreements. Then the readers can decide between the alternative views without all the bickering.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken, I hope you see this post. I tried to use "reply" with your post, but it wouldn't work.

I agree with you that understanding the scriptures comes down to God giving us the understanding through His Holy Spirit. Man's logic seems to always fall short at some point. Is this what you're saying?

Yes.

I have to warn you, though. Some theologians will probably disagree with what you wrote about the new heart. Here in the West, we value our minds above our hearts even though Jesus spoke so much about the heart. I think this is one of our biggest problems.

I'm sure others will disagree with me.
That is okay.

I believe my standing is to Be in agreement with the Lord.

Ya, Brain power IS touted....
However the Lord taught the TRUE thoughts of the heart, is WHAT the "spirit of man IS"...
And it is the mans "Heart" He circumcises...
And it is the mans Truth/ spirt He re-births,
From His Seed...
And it is the mans New spirit in the mans new heart THAT the Lords Indwelling Spirit FEEDS.

From there...(IF) the Conversion has been Accomplished...

Then the man himself has the TASK to make his own Mind subject To the thoughts of his new spirit, in his new heart.

For the purpose of?

Putting into EFFECT...Gods Precepts...
Which IS?

Gods directions for acceptable "behaviors" between men.

IMO - Not much of an advantage for a man to have exceptionally educated gray matter, if he also has a hardened heart.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot has to do with the motives behind our disagreements. I always thought the best forum would be where people say what they need to say in a short article. And if anyone disagrees, post a follow up article giving their view. With little or no exchange based on petty disagreements. Then the readers can decide between the alternative views without all the bickering.
How true that is. Lots of stubbornness where doctrine is concerned. Hard for most to un-believe what they have been taught their whole lives. I have un-learned several beliefs I had held in the past, and still thinking about where I stand on others. And, yes, short and sweet...not a fan of looooong posts.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How true that is. Lots of stubbornness where doctrine is concerned. Hard for most to un-believe what they have been taught their whole lives. I have un-learned several beliefs I had held in the past, and still thinking about where I stand on others. And, yes, short and sweet...not a fan of looooong posts.
Nancy, even though I've written a few, I'm not a fan of long posts either. That's why I put some sentences in bold--so that readers can get the gist of what I'm saying without having to read the whole post. Of course, bold can be for emphasis too.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen
D

Dave L

I think this holds true about looooong boring posts. "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nancy, even though I've written a few, I'm not a fan of long posts either. That's why I put some sentences in bold--so that readers can get the gist of what I'm saying without having to read the whole post. Of course, bold can be for emphasis too.

I so agree.
When I was younger I had more patience with long boring posts...but these day I feel that some people just love to 'hold court' and enjoy the sound of their own voice...and usually it is repetitive....

It goes against them in the end.
We had a guy, Nancy will remember, TheHolyBookEnds...he would write a thesis ...obviously copy and pasted studies that he had written...he would put up back to back long, long, long thesis ...one after the other flooding the site...so silly, he too got banned.

These days my brain like simple... ( I think it maybe is slowly turning into mush!! :eek: )

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, your posts are just fine! lol....There are some who will go on and on and on. We had one here not too long ago...who continued to reply to his own posts for page after page! Ha! Also, I lose interest with real "wordy" posts.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I so agree.
When I was younger I had more patience with long boring posts...but these day I feel that some people just love to 'hold court' and enjoy the sound of their own voice...and usually it is repetitive....

We had a guy, Nancy will remember, TheHolyBookEnds...he would write a thesis ...obviously copy and pasted studies that he had written...he would put up back to back long, long, long thesis ...one after the other flooding the site...so silly, he too got banned.

These days my brain like simple... ( I think it maybe is slowly turning into mush!! :eek: )
Our older brains aren't turning to mush!!! They just get a little tired sometimes. :)

Reactions: Helen

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe because we have lived a longer life, we have heard most argument every which way from Sunday..."Nothing new"...
...but His mercies are new every morning! :)
I know, but how do we convince the young whippersnappers of this?

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I so agree.

The idea is: Begin as a child.
The little sponge that soaks up everything.
Be a parent that IS trustworthy to see what the child is soaking up is "good".

Learning to trust the Lord and experience the results thereof.

It is a recipe for a Foundation, for when the child has to go out into the world and KNOW HOW to reject what is NOT GOOD, NOT WISE.

Once reaching the ongoing Knowledge, Understanding, Wisdom, Elections of Standing.....

The old man....begins forgetting, going bald, losing teeth, difficulty getting around.....etc.
Sounds like a digress back to being a baby...

Or is it..... a man prepared to be as a trusting child ready to meet His Lord face to face?

God Bless,
Taken

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
GOD WILL NOT BE BOXED INTO ANY MANMADE SYSTEM!
What if it is not a "man made system" but the way that God has presented His revelations to man and this is "the mystery of His will"?

Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation* of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him (Eph 1:9,10)

HELPS Word-studies (from Bible Hub for Strong's 3622)
*3622 oikonomía (from 3621 /oikonoméō, "a steward, managing a household") – properly, a stewardship, management (administration), i.e. where a person looks after another's affairs (resources).

[A "dispensation" can also refer to a special period of time (management). But this is a secondary (not primary) meaning of 3622 (oikonomía).]

1. So while the primary meaning of oikonomia is a stewardship or an administration, the secondary meaning is a special period of time.

2. Now if there is a dispensation of the "fulness (or completion) of times" (which is the eternal state in the Kingdom of God and Christ), it follows that there have been other dispensations or periods of time before that.

3. The previous dispensations generally coincide with God's covenants as shown in Scripture. There was no covenant with Adam (as many claim), but there were covenants with Noah and Abraham, and then with Israel (the Old Covenant), followed by the New Covenant ratifed with the shed blood of Christ. And now we live in the Church Age or the Gospel Age under the New Covenant, but that is not where everything ends. We still expect the Resurrection/Rapture, the second coming of Christ, the Millennium, and then the establishment of the New Heavens and the New Earth (which will usher in the Dispensation of the Fulness of Times).

4. All of this is discovered by a careful study of the Word of God, and no honest person can deny that these are the things revealed in Scripture. What is also clearly revealed in Scripture is that God has an eternal plan and purpose for redeemed and restored Israel ON EARTH, which runs parallel to God's eternal plan and purpose for the Church IN THE NEW JERUSALEM. The two Jerusalems will exist for eternity and will also be in communication with each other. This is all there in Scripture and can be discovered by those who reject man made systems of theology.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The two Jerusalems will exist for eternity and will also be in communication with each other.

This is NOT there in Scripture and can only be discovered by those who accept man made systems of theology.

Last edited: