Dispensationalism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And it is only after one studies the entire Bible that one discovers that Christ's use of "the last day" is a metaphor for the end of the age.

It is NOT a 24 hours period, but a period of time which extends for at least 1,007 years. That is because the resurrection of the righteous (in two phases) and the resurrection of the damned (at the Great White Throne) are separated by at least 1,007 years, and both are said to occur on "the last day".

THE RESURRECTION OF THE RIGHTEOUS
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. (Jn 6:40)

THE RESURRECTION OF THE UNRIGHTEOUS
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. (Jn 12:48)

This of course is a man made doctrine not found in the bible.

The bible describes 2 resurrections along with 2 judgments. One is the Bema judgment whereby the house of God is judged. There are both winners and losers here.

Then after the Millenium there is a general resurrection and judgment for the whole world...both righteous and wicked. Those who are not written in the book of life (the wicked) are cast into the lake of fire.

That is what is written in the bible.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hello @Dave L,

You did not see any mention of the 7 year tribulation period, because as my opening remarks showed in #212, I was not dealing with that subject. I was discussing your other point entitled, 'the pre-tribulation rapture'.

The verses I gave in that entry needed to be considered carefully, taking into consideration the points of comparison between them, for they certainly were not un-related to the subject under consideration as you assert.

You thanked me for taking the time to enter, but your remarks show that you have not actually considered what I actually had to say, which is a shame.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
It's interesting that tribulation in John 16 and tribulation in Matthew 24 refer to two different things.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Then after the Millenium there is a general resurrection and judgment for the whole world...both righteous and wicked.
Another glaring error from Episkopos which contradicts Revelation 20 and 21.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's interesting that tribulation in John 16 and tribulation in Matthew 24 refer to two different things.

Hello @farouk,

Yes, I agree that the fulfilment of these words of our Lord have different times for their fulfilment: but is it not true, that had Israel repented, it would have been fulfilled in full during the same time frame. For the events foretold would have been set in motion and fulfilled at the end of that dispensation, and not been placed in abeyance until a future time? (Just thoughts)

The 'Tribulation' period, and that called, 'The Great Tribulation', has a specific time for it's fulfilment, doesn't it? Covering a period of seven years, the last three and a half years of that period being that of 'The Great Tribulation', before which, the event referred to as 'the rapture' (not by Scripture but by tradition) takes place. This is being said by me, without covering Scriptures, for I need to re-acquaint myself with them, before I can do so, not having thought of this for some time.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This of course is a man made doctrine not found in the bible.

The bible describes 2 resurrections along with 2 judgments. One is the Bema judgment whereby the house of God is judged. There are both winners and losers here.

Then after the Millenium there is a general resurrection and judgment for the whole world...both righteous and wicked. Those who are not written in the book of life (the wicked) are cast into the lake of fire.

That is what is written in the bible.
Yes, 2 resurrections, 2 judgements, and 2 deaths.
There will only be one resurrection for each man and one judgement for each man. But there can be 2 deaths for one man.

Reactions: Episkopos

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But no scripture states there is a pre-trib rapture. Paul only directly mentions a rapture once, at the end of the world following the resurrection of believers. Did you know Walvoord, and LaHaye, admit in writing no direct support from scripture exists for any of the rapture theories (documentation available)? The only rapture is according to Paul and Jesus, on the last day after the resurrection.
Hello @Dave L,

I do not know the writings of either man that you refer to, and have little knowledge of 'rapture theories', but I do know that the event expected and looked for by the Thessalonians, that man refers to as the 'rapture' will take place as described in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17, and 1 Corinthians 15:51-52.

However that is not my hope, for I await 'His' appearing, when I, along with all the members of the Church of the One Body, will appear with Him in glory (Col.3:4).

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave L

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @farouk,

The 'Tribulation' period, and that called, 'The Great Tribulation', has a specific time for it's fulfilment, doesn't it? Covering a period of seven years, the last three and a half years of that period being that of 'The Great Tribulation', before which, the event referred to as 'the rapture' (not by Scripture but by tradition) takes place. This is being said by me, without covering Scriptures, for I need to re-acquaint myself with them, before I can do so, not having thought of this for some time.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Please show me the scripture which states the great tribulation is seven years, in fact show me a scripture anywhere in the bible which states the length of the great tribulation at all, you can’t because there isn’t any.

The idea that the great tribulation is seven years is based solely on the teachings of some of our dispensationalist friends who hold the theory of the pre-tribulation rapture.

In support of their theory they have both misinterpreted and misapplied Daniels prophecy found in Dan 9:24-27, something which has been prove erroneous over and over again, but nevertheless hasn’t sway them from continuing to promote their erroneous doctrine.

Both the rapture (as taught by the professing church, specifically our friends here), and the seven year tribulation are taught through the doctrines and traditions of men and not the Holy Scriptures, that is not without wrestling with the scriptures to force their theories.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Dave L There are even the Lord Jesus' own words in John 14: 'I will come again, and receive you unto myself'.

The question also arises: Who will be 'caught up'? a heavenly people or an earthly one?

D

Dave L

@Dave L There are even the Lord Jesus' own words in John 14: 'I will come again, and receive you unto myself'.

The question also arises: Who will be 'caught up'? a heavenly people or an earthly one?
“For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.” (1 Thessalonians 4:16–18)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please show me the scripture which states the great tribulation is seven years, in fact show me a scripture anywhere in the bible which states the length of the great tribulation at all, you can’t because there isn’t any.
The Great Tribulation is NOT for seven years but for 3 1/2 years. The Tribulation (which precedes that) is also for 3 1/2 years. The total is seven years.

The seven years goes back to Daniel's 70 *weeks* (literally sevens or heptads) of years, where each *week* is a period of seven years, for a total of 490 years (70 x 7). The 70th week of Daniel is yet future and coincides with the reign of the Antichrist for 3 1/2 years (42 months = 1260 days = time, times, and the dividing of time), followed by the Great Tribulation.

And he [the Antichrist] shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: [7 years] and in the midst of the week [after 3 1/2 years] he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. (Dan 9:27)

This is further developed in Revelation:

But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. (Rev 11:2)

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, [1260 days] clothed in sackcloth. (Rev 11:3)

And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days. (Rev 12:6)

And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, [1 yr] and times, [2 yrs] and half a time, [6 months] from the face of the serpent. (Rev 12:14)

And there was given unto him
[the Antichrist] a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. (Rev 13:5)

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand), Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains.. For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. (Mt 24:15,16,21,22)

We discover in Daniel that the Great Tribulation is also shortened by a few months as Christ prophesied.

Last edited:
Reactions: charity

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Great Tribulation is NOT for seven years but for 3 1/2 years. The Tribulation (which precedes that) is also for 3 1/2 years. The total is seven years.

The seven years goes back to Daniel's 70 *weeks* (literally sevens or heptads) of years, where each *week* is a period of seven years, for a total of 490 years (70 x 7). The 70th week of Daniel is yet future and coincides with the reign of the Antichrist for 3 1/2 years (42 months = 1260 days = time, times, and the dividing of time), followed by the Great Tribulation.

It matters little what part of the tribulation period you refer, there still is no direct scriptural statement which states the length of the tribulation period regardless of whether you assume it to be 3 ½ years or 7 years. The assumption that it is composed of two 3 1/ 2 year periods is based on a misapplication and misinterpretation of Daniel’s prophecy (Dan 9:24-27) in which the 70th week is “wrestled” from the rest of the prophecy and then placed at the end of the age. Daniels prophecy of the 70 Weeks (which includes the 70th week) was fulfilled at the First Advent of Christ.

And he [the Antichrist] shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: [7 years] and in the midst of the week [after 3 1/2 years] he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. (Dan 9:27)

This too is not only erroneous but likewise grammatically incorrect.

“Know therefore and understand, That from the going forth of the command To restore and build Jerusalem Until Messiah the Prince (the proper noun), There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; The street shall be built again, and the wall, Even in troublesome times. “And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; and the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, and till the end of the war desolations are determined. Then he (the personal pronoun which refers back to our proper noun) shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; but in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, even until the consummation, which is determined, is poured out on the desolate.” Dan 9:25-27

The principle character (proper noun) of this prophecy is the Messiah NOT the Anti-Christ; in fact the Anti-Christ is not even mentioned at all in this prophecy nor is (it) even alluded to.

Are we to believe that it is the Anti-Christ that is to “bring an end to sacrifice and offering (the typical sacrifices and offerings of Israel’s priesthood)? Heavens No! It was Christ who brought these to an end when he fulfilled the type. Christ's death abolished the necessity of any further offerings.

In the midst of the week he [Christ] shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease”; that is, in the midst of the 70th week, certain types in the Law pertaining to Messiah were fulfilled. The types ceased because the antitype began there.

Christ’s death occurring in the middle of the seventieth week, together with the fact that His ministry began when He was thirty years of age, is evidence that His ministry lasted just three and a half years. It also settles the matter that the sixty-nine weeks, or 483 lunar years, ended when He began His ministry at the age of thirty. His death occurring in Nisan, also establishes the fact that the anniversary of His birth was in October, six months earlier. His ministry beginning three and one half years prior to His death perfectly harmonizes the angelic declaration that there would be exactly sixty-nine weeks or 483 years elapse until Messiah the Prince.

He became the Messiah when He was anointed by the Holy Spirit at Jordan in the beginning of His ministry, in the autumn. The last half of the week or the three and one half years which followed His death, relate to events in connection with the special Jewish favor, prior to the offering of favor to the Gentiles.

The concluding words of the angel Gabriel are, “And for the overspreading of abominations, He shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.” The Revised Version renders these words, “And upon the wing of abominations shall come one that makes desolate; and even unto the consummation, and that determined, shall wrath be poured out upon the desolator.”

These words should be interpreted in connection with those of verse 26,

And the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.” The meaning seems to be that after the Messiah has been rejected, “cut off,” both Jerusalem and the temple would be destroyed, and this would be as a consequence of that act. This we know is what followed the rejection by the Jews of the Messiah, as predicted also by our Lord just before His rejection. In the year 70 AD the Roman armies under Titus laid siege to the city, captured it, and against the wishes and orders of their leader, and the Roman emperor, the beautiful temple was razed to the ground, and in a short time after, the Jews were banished from their land, which has been under the control of the Gentile powers even up to the present time.

This is further developed in Revelation:

But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. (Rev 11:2)

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, [1260 days] clothed in sackcloth. (Rev 11:3)

And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days. (Rev 12:6)

And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, [1 yr] and times, [2 yrs] and half a time, [6 months] from the face of the serpent. (Rev 12:14)

And there was given unto him
[the Antichrist] a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. (Rev 13:5)

All of these verses refer to the time (the 1260 years) in which Papacy (the Anti-Christ) would exercise dominion and the true Church would be driven into the “wilderness condition”.

This took place from the time the “abomination of desolation” was set up in 539 A.D. to the “time of the end” in 1799 A.D. 1799 yrs. – 539 yes = 1260 yrs.

As for Rev 12:14, and the thought that “a time, times, and half a time” refers simply to 3 ½ years, this is incorrect it refers to same amount of time as the other text you mentioned.

Even so it is referred to in Dan 12: 7, as “a time (360 yrs.), times (720 yrs.) and a half a time (180 yrs.) 1260 years.

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand), Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains.. For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. (Mt 24:15,16,21,22)

This is all contingent upon one rightly understanding what specifically the abomination of desolation is. If you don’t understand correctly what the abomination of desolation is you won’t be able to recognize it set up. “He, who reads, let him consider”, that is take heed and not be mistaken regarding the real abomination, which has already been set up and which many have stumbled over.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It matters little what part of the tribulation period you refer, there still is no direct scriptural statement which states the length of the tribulation period
There are many things which are not stated directly, but implied indirectly. Why are people looking for statements in the Bible as though it were a textbook of Systematic Theology? Spiritual discernment is a prerequisite. And Scriptures must be brought together to understand the truth.
Daniels prophecy of the 70 Weeks (which includes the 70th week) was fulfilled at the First Advent of Christ.
No it was not since the most critical condition for the fulfillment of that prophecy was not met -- ETERNAL RIGHTEOUSNESS on earth and in Israel.

Please note carefully: Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. (Dan 9:24).

That means exactly what it says. This present evil world is full of sin, evil, and wickedness. But that is not supposed to go on forever. God wants to "bring in everlasting righteousness" on this earth through Christ. That is yet future.

For unto us a child [CHRIST] is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. (Isa 9:6,7)

And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness. (Isa 16:5)

In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah; We have a strong city; salvation will God appoint for walls and bulwarks. Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in. (Isa 26:1,2)

Therefore saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies: And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin: And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city. Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness. (Isa 1:24-27)

Last edited:
Reactions: charity

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There are many things which are not stated directly, but implied indirectly. Why are people looking for statements in the Bible as though it were a textbook of Systematic Theology? Spiritual discernment is a prerequisite. And Scriptures must be brought together to understand the truth.

No it was not since the most critical condition for the fulfillment of that prophecy was not met -- ETERNAL RIGHTEOUSNESS on earth and in Israel.

Please note carefully: Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. (Dan 9:24).

That means exactly what it says. This present evil world is full of sin, evil, and wickedness. But that is not supposed to go on forever. God wants to "bring in everlasting righteousness" on this earth through Christ. That is yet future.

For unto us a child [CHRIST] is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. (Isa 9:6,7)

And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness. (Isa 16:5)

In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah; We have a strong city; salvation will God appoint for walls and bulwarks. Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in. (Isa 26:1,2)

Therefore saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies: And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin: And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city. Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness. (Isa 1:24-27)

PRAISE GOD!

Reactions: Enoch111

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sorry but in this instance it is nothing more than a very poor interpretation of the prophecy and the vain attempt to force a false doctrine (teaching) into the prophecy which is not there. The doctrine of the seven year tribulation is nothing more than the vain babblings of men, specifically that of Nelson Darby and those who adhere to his teachings.

It is apparent that you have misunderstood what was implied by the statement, “to bring in everlasting righteousness”. Based upon the texts you have quoted you appear to imagine it means to bring in the kingdom of everlasting righteousness, to establish the kingdom of righteousness, this however is not what was meant.

What then is the thought of bringing in “everlasting righteousness”?

Jesus’ one offering on Calvary justified or brought in a righteousness (justification) for God’s people on a continual basis—without the need of any further sacrifice, repetition, mass or any other custom. His sacrifice was a lasting and continual sacrifice. The price he paid continued on and became a life-giving factor for justifying the Lord’s people throughout the Gospel Age. Hence age-lasting righteousness was provided for the consecrated, particularly of the Gospel Age. The same standing in righteousness will be given to the remainder of mankind in the next age when the ransom is applied to them as well.

For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified (i.e. set-apart, during the Gospel Age).” Heb 10:14

Here again our attention is drawn to the Redeemer's work -- the cross of Calvary -- the sin-bearing Savior and all the value of His work. The "righteousness of the law" is a Biblical expression and easily recognized as a condition unattainable by any of the fallen race. Even Israel, to whom God's oracles were committed, found themselves helpless under the Law's just demand, and so we read, "Israel hath not attained to the law of righteousness" (Rom. 9:34); "going about to establish their own righteousness" (Rom. 10:3); "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believeth." (Rom. 10:4.)

Moses gave no Jew a permanent status as a righteous person, but Christ provides a firm basis of hope by His death – His one offering -- and so gives each one who is being sanctified an assurance of this standing guaranteed by the Word of the living God, so that such may serve Him with reverence and godly fear. Repetition of sacrificial offering was the need in Israel's day, but no repetition will ever be needed of that sacrifice which was given "once for all" and through which we draw "near to God" with hearts sprinkled from a consciousness of evil -- true participators in everlasting righteousness.

But now (“at this time,” that is to say, under the Gospel or New Testament dispensation) apart from law a righteousness of God hath been manifested, Borne witness to by the law and the prophets, a righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ unto all that have faith…” (Rom 3:21, 22) Rotherham’s Translation

The word translated “But” is strongly adversative; it contrasts the revelation of righteousness with that of wrath.” The wrath of God is revealed from heaven (1:18), but now the righteousness (by faith) of (or from) God is manifested.

“Our Lord's ministry covered three and a half years, ending with his crucifixion, at the time of the Passover, in the spring of A.D. 33. In this he exactly fulfilled the prophecy concerning the remaining or last week (seven years) of promised favor, which says: "After (7 and 62) sixty-nine weeks shall Messiah be cut off but not for himself", "in the midst of the week [remaining-- the 70th] he shall cause the sacrifice and oblation to cease."

The sacrifices which were offered according to the Law there ceased; not that animals, incense, etc., were not offered thereafter by the priests, for they continued to be offered year by year, but that they were not accepted by Jehovah, and were in no sense sacrifices for sin. The true sacrifice having come, our Lord Jesus having "put away sin by the sacrifice of himself" (Heb. 9:26), Jehovah could no longer recognize other offerings as sacrifices, nor any necessity for them.

There, at the cross, Messiah, who had been sacrificing himself for three and a half years, finished the work (John 19:30) and thus "made an end of sin," made full and complete reconciliation toward God for the iniquity of men, thus bringing to all mankind an everlasting justification from sin, instead of the typical yearly justification, accomplished by the types for the typical people, Israel (This would be the beginning of everlasting righteousness).

The death of Messiah was also the "seal"--the guarantee of the fulfillment --of all the visions and prophecies of coming blessings, and "times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began." (Acts 3:21) Those promises, both the Abrahamic Covenant and the New Covenant, were secured, made sure, with "his own precious blood" (Luke 22:20; 1 Cor. 11:25), which speaks better things for us than the blood of bulls and goats--even everlasting justification and putting away of sin, to all those who receive him. And in the remainder or latter half of this seventieth or last week of Jewish favor-- the three and a half years, beginning with Pentecost—his followers, "the most holy" of that nation (the Jewish nation, Israelite's Indeed), were anointed with the holy Spirit of God, even as the Messiah had been at the close of the sixty-ninth week.” B68, 69

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus’ one offering on Calvary justified or brought in a righteousness (justification) for God’s people on a continual basis—without the need of any further sacrifice, repetition, mass or any other custom.
This is NOT what is meant at all. But the true meaning of "to bring in everlasting righteousness" is stated by Peter, Isaiah, and John.

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. (2 Pet 3:13)

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying. The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD. (Isa 65:17-19;25)

And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD. For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD. (Isa 66:21-23)

And I saw
a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea... And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. (Rev 21:1-5)

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is NOT what is meant at all. But the true meaning of "to bring in everlasting righteousness" is stated by Peter, Isaiah, and John.

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. (2 Pet 3:13)

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying. The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD. (Isa 65:17-19;25)

And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD. For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD. (Isa 66:21-23)

And I saw
a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea... And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. (Rev 21:1-5)

Looks as if we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. We have stated the facts as best we can and now will allow the sword of the spirit to do its work. We are at the cross roads in time the wheat is being separated from the tares by the sickle of truth, those who continue to cling to the errors of the past are being gathered all the more tightly into bundles (their perspective faiths and beliefs) in preparation for the fire of the great day in which every mans work will be tried.

If he has built upon the foundation with wood, hay, and straw (with human traditions and errors, i.e. the precepts and teachings of men) such will suffer loss, but nevertheless be saved as through fire.

Although adhering to the errors of the professing church they still believe in the one sure foundation (Christ Jesus our Lord), but because they chose to believe the errors taught by men (the teachings of the blind guides) they will lose out on the greatest opportunity to ever be offered, the prize of the heavenly calling.