Disposition Of Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: - Philippians 2:5 .

To follow through on "the mind of Christ." Another place Paul said to "allow the mind of Christ to be in you." In the Greek translation allowing the mind in you - has the emphasis on "the same disposition," that was in Christ Jesus, in mind. Now the mind of Jesus, the mind of Christ had in it 'the humbling of himself' by becoming man. God humbled himself to become as we are in body, and soul. Spirit as well, just not same in spirit in natural birth.

So if you need to do..or want to do a mind check - we have the scripture to show the mind of Christ. We have scripture that tells believers what was in the mind of Christ and He made Himself of no reputation. The mind of Christ, in believers is really not hard to recognize. It isn't boastful (as religion may say "if you don't heed our rules your out")..or over corrective (didn't spend His time fixing Roman rule)..humble..of no reputation (I'm of this denomination, no I'm of that denomination)..became a servant (not a slave to religion of His day).. obedient to His Father..His obedience was to death, even to the cross..Paul said we are dead..be obedient to that truth. There is nothing to die to - you are dead, and your life is hid in God.

We love living and will die to anything (popular preaching at one time - you must die to everything was the word of the day), but self. Self does not go away ..unless like Jesus' "made Himself." Scripture said "allow" - "let" the mind of Christ be in you. Simple form is; if you do not have the mind of Christ - let it be in you!

6 who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. - Philippians 2:6-8.

The mind of Christ is not locked up, or locked into;

7 beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. - 1 Corinthians 13:7.

The mind of Christ is exactly what it says it is; His mind! Scripture gives believers the mind of Christ. We choose to accept or reject it ..based on what I feel scripture says to me. My feelings is not the mind of Christ! What I believe about scripture - is not the mind of Christ. The dark ages is far passed - live.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: - Philippians 2:5 .

To follow through on "the mind of Christ." Another place Paul said to "allow the mind of Christ to be in you." In the Greek translation allowing the mind in you - has the emphasis on "the same disposition," that was in Christ Jesus, in mind. Now the mind of Jesus, the mind of Christ had in it 'the humbling of himself' by becoming man. God humbled himself to become as we are in body, and soul. Spirit as well, just not same in spirit in natural birth.

So if you need to do..or want to do a mind check - we have the scripture to show the mind of Christ. We have scripture that tells believers what was in the mind of Christ and He made Himself of no reputation. The mind of Christ, in believers is really not hard to recognize. It isn't boastful (as religion may say "if you don't heed our rules your out")..or over corrective (didn't spend His time fixing Roman rule)..humble..of no reputation (I'm of this denomination, no I'm of that denomination)..became a servant (not a slave to religion of His day).. obedient to His Father..His obedience was to death, even to the cross..Paul said we are dead..be obedient to that truth. There is nothing to die to - you are dead, and your life is hid in God.

We love living and will die to anything (popular preaching at one time - you must die to everything was the word of the day), but self. Self does not go away ..unless like Jesus' "made Himself." Scripture said "allow" - "let" the mind of Christ be in you. Simple form is; if you do not have the mind of Christ - let it be in you!

6 who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. - Philippians 2:6-8.

The mind of Christ is not locked up, or locked into;

7 beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. - 1 Corinthians 13:7.

The mind of Christ is exactly what it says it is; His mind! Scripture gives believers the mind of Christ. We choose to accept or reject it ..based on what I feel scripture says to me. My feelings is not the mind of Christ! What I believe about scripture - is not the mind of Christ. The dark ages is far passed - live.

How I long to have the disposition of Christ Mike. I am so far from it, and pray regularly for it. It is a slow process, but I have made considerable headway, but oh so far to go.

Reactions: soul man