Should a Christian fear death?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't think we should.

Is it normal to still fear death after being saved?

It is normal but Paul wrote in Philippians 1:

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
Paul didn't mind dying.

22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far;
Moreover, he desired to die.

24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. 25Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, 26so that through my being with you again your boasting in Christ Jesus will abound on account of me.
Paul was concerned about the people who needed him if he died. We live for Christ and we die for Christ. In any case, we have no fear.

Revelation 14:

13 Then I heard a voice from heaven say, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them.”
If we die in the Lord, we are blessed.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1708912-Woody-Allen-Quote-I-m-not-afraid-of-death-I-just-don-t-want-to-be.jpg

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think we should.

Paul didn't mind dying.

Paul was concerned about the people who needed him if he died. We live for Christ and we die for Christ. In any case, we have no fear.

Revelation 14:

We believe in taking heed of one's salvation is an important factor.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think we should.

Paul didn't mind dying.

Revelation 14:

No, a Christian should not fear death. We need to develop faith in the Lord.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do not fear, Fear not, Don't be afraid all of those those verses are the single most repeated phrase in the entire bible.

We know that when scripture repeats something it means it is important and He wants us to learn that thing. So fear not is in scripture prolly hundreds of times and could be the most important?

So, yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, including death...

Reactions: TonyChanYT

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 4:17-18
God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. 17 This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. 18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Starise

Dec 8, 2023
Christiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a creature who is often hesitant at change, especially this kind of a change. I figure the more I think about death, the less I'm thinking about life.

When that time comes I'm pretty sure I'll be aware and even though some reluctance exists, I'll hold to a hand I know well and who knows well this passage. I will trust His guidance. In this situation what else is there to do? Let go and let God.