Divinity of Jesus Christ!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES and AMEN AMEN = the Jerusalem which is ABOVE is the Mother of us who Believe His Word

Dear Brother - we are not bound by religion - we are FREE and Heaven Bound -
In fact, HE is in us now and we are in HIM and no one can pluck us from His Hand.

But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in our trespasses.
It is by grace you have been saved!
And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages He might display the surpassing riches of His grace, demonstrated by His kindness to us in Christ Jesus.
We are simply bound to CHRIST my friend . Loving EVERY WORD OF GOD .
A lamb loves truth , righteousness , holiness . Thing things pleasing to GOD .
And the SPIRIT bears witness to the wonderful truth .
FOR what is the actual FRUIT OF the SPIRIT . The FRUIT of the SPIRIT
is in all goodness ,righteousness and truth , and proves what is ACCEPTABLE TO GOD . TO GOD . not to men , not to ever changing generations
but what is ACCEPTABLE TO GOD . AND SIN aint acceptable to GOD .
AS i am SURE you agree . The law of RIGHTEOUSNESS is planted upon the hearts of the lambs .
Whereby the TWO great commandments fullfill the law . LOVE THY GOD ABOVE ALL and love your nieghbor as your own self .
Love does not sin , it does not steal , it does not covet , it does not transgress the rigtheousness of the law , BUT RATHER IT FULLFILLS
the righteousness of the law . Love does not transgress , it fullfills . YET today we got us a false love
that embraces sin which TRANSGRESSES the law . THAT Aint love . WE got us another jesus and another gospel getting
preached today and we had better not heed a word of it . Instead let us walk BY the SPIRIT and be feasting daily on those bibles
whereby we shall indeed grow wise unto salvation THROUGH our faith in Christ .
For all scripture is inspired by GOD and it is PROFITABLE FOR .........................DOCTRINE , for teaching , for CORRECTION
for instruction in ......RIGHTEOUSNESS that the man of GOD may be throughly furnished unto ALL GOOD WORKS .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it was only not yet written as Scripture. "Commandments, statutes, and judgments" sounds pretty specific to me. :)
Correct it was not yet written .
What purpose serves the law , it was written for trangressions , TILL THE TIME OF THE GLORIOUS SON ARRIVE .
PS , i dont promote false hyper grace .
But what i say next is truth . Love would not transgress the law , it would fullfill the law OF RIGHTEOUSNESS .
Grace does not make void the law , it would fufill the rigtheousness of the law . OUR DESIRES
would now be TO WALK PLEASING TO GOD . WE WOULD LOVE and COUNT HIS EVERY WORD as TRUTH and LOVELY .
But one thing i do know , while grace has us to fullfill the righteousness of the law
that same grace would holler , YE CANT BE JUSTIFIED BY THE LAW .
ONLY FAITH IN JESUS . If i were to make claim that i am justified by my works , by the law
then i stand only condemned . HOW SO . FOR BY THE LAW no man can be justified . ALL HAVE SINNED . ALL HAVE SINNED .
SO i sure cant look to the law to be justified . The law can only condemn me . AS BEAUTIFUL AND HOLY AS IT IS ,
I cannot be justified by it . BUT I SURE did learn something .
WHEN GOD first drew me to HIM , HE PUT a love for HIS WORDS UPON MY HEART .
THe more i read the more joyed up i was . Oh the bible sure is lovely .
But the more i read the more i also realized something , BY GRACE , OH DEAR I REALLY DEEPLY TRULY DO NEED A SAVOIR .
THAT is what i was shown by the SPIRIT as i was reading the beautiful law . IT was LIKE i came to a massive
realization of how much i NEEDED JESUS . BIG TIME . HE ALONE IS MY ONLY HOPE MY FRIEND .
BUT let no man use JESUS as an excuse to trangress , CAUSE THAT IS EVIL and VILE and that heart does not know GOD .
SIMPLY FOLLOW THE SPIRIT and ye shall not fullfill the lusts of the flesh . AND if any does err
ITS CALLED REPENT , CONFESS and REPENT , BUT NEVER JUSTIFY THE EVIL .

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post wrote:

"Proverbs 8:22 says YHWH "possessed" Wisdom at the beginning of His way.
((when is the beginning of God?))
the word create is not in the text.

"why do you lie and twist scripture?
is it not because the actual Word of God offends you?

"did ya figure no one would look any of that up?
do ya think i'm stupid?"

The trinitarian New Bible Dictionary, 1982, which in its preface stresses its dedication to the "convictions for which the Tyndale Fellowship stands - the triunity of God....," states on p. 1256,

"The personification [of `Wisdom'] continues in Pr. 8 and reaches its climax in vv. 22 ff., where Wisdom claims to be the first creation of God and, perhaps, an assistant in the work of creation (8:30; cf. 3:19; the difficult amon, `as one brought up' in [the King James Version], should be translated `master workman,' as in RV, RSV,....)."

Note the following trinitarian translations of Prov. 8:22 -

1. "The LORD [Jehovah] created [qanah] me at the beginning of his work" - RSV, and NRSV.
2."The LORD made me..." - MLB).
3."The Lord formed me..." - Living Bible.
4. "I was made in the very beginning." - Good News Bible.
5."Yahweh [Jehovah] created me..." - Jerusalem Bible and NJB.
6."The LORD created me..." - New English Bible and REB.
7."Jehovah framed me first" - Byington.
8."The LORD created me..." - The Reader's Digest Bible, 1982.
9."I was the first thing made, long ago in the beginning." - Holy Bible: Easy-to-Read
Version
, World Bible Translation Center, 1992.
10."The Eternal [Jehovah] formed me first of his creation" - Moffatt.
11."The Lord made me the beginning [arkhe] of his ways for his works" - The Septuagint,
Zondervan, 1976.
12."The LORD created me as the first of his creations" - Holy Bible From the Ancient Eastern
Text
(George M. Lamsa's translation from the Aramaic of the Peshitta), Harper and Row
Publ. (Be sure to examine Prov. 8:23-25, 30 in all translations also.)

The Jewish Bibles also translate it similarly:

Jewish Bibles:
Pro 8:22 - “The LORD made me as the beginning of His way, the first of His works of old.” - Margolis JPS translation, 1917.

“The Lord created me at the beginning of His course
As the first of His works of old. - Tanakh, JPS, 1985.

“ADONAI made me as the beginning of his way, the first of his ancient works.” - The Complete Jewish Bible, Stern, 1998.

Why, even that popular trinitarian study Bible, The NIV Study Bible, translates Prov. 8:22 as "the LORD brought me forth as the first of his works" and explains in a footnote for Prov. 8:22:

"brought ... forth. The Hebrew for this verb is also used in Ge 4:1; 14:19, 22 (`Creator')." - Zondervan, 1985.

And a noted Hebrew-English Lexicon has for qanah in Prov. 8:22:

“1 get, acquire (all poetry) :
“a. of God as originating, creating, קֹנֵה שָׁמַיִם וָאָרֶץ Genesis 14:19, 22; Deuteronomy 32:6 (Israel), Psalm 139:13 (כִּלְֹיתָ֑י); Proverbs 8:22 ( חכמה q. v.).” - Brown-Driver-Briggs, p. 888-889.

And the trinitarian The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology tells us:
"Created prior to all the [other] works of creation (Prov. 8:22-31), [Wisdom] discloses to men the original order inherent in creation." - p. 1029, Vol. 3, Zondervan, 1984.

The trinitarian A Dictionary of the Bible, Hastings (ed.) tells us about Wisdom in Prov. 8:

"Wisdom is spoken of in such a way as to make it impossible to believe that only the Divine attribute of wisdom is meant .... It is something outside of, yet standing alongside of, God, created by Him.... Wisdom is further represented as `playing' like a child before Jehovah in His habitable earth, in all the glow of conscious power and as taking special delight in the sons of men." - p. 281, Supplement, 1988 printing.
do ya think i'm stupid?"

I'll let the readers be the judge of that.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post wrote:

"Proverbs 8:22 says YHWH "possessed" Wisdom at the beginning of His way.
((when is the beginning of God?))
the word create is not in the text.

"why do you lie and twist scripture?
is it not because the actual Word of God offends you?

"did ya figure no one would look any of that up?
do ya think i'm stupid?"

The trinitarian New Bible Dictionary, 1982, which in its preface stresses its dedication to the "convictions for which the Tyndale Fellowship stands - the triunity of God....," states on p. 1256,

"The personification [of `Wisdom'] continues in Pr. 8 and reaches its climax in vv. 22 ff., where Wisdom claims to be the first creation of God and, perhaps, an assistant in the work of creation (8:30; cf. 3:19; the difficult amon, `as one brought up' in [the King James Version], should be translated `master workman,' as in RV, RSV,....)."

Note the following trinitarian translations of Prov. 8:22 -

1. "The LORD [Jehovah] created [qanah] me at the beginning of his work" - RSV, and NRSV.
2."The LORD made me..." - MLB).
3."The Lord formed me..." - Living Bible.
4. "I was made in the very beginning." - Good News Bible.
5."Yahweh [Jehovah] created me..." - Jerusalem Bible and NJB.
6."The LORD created me..." - New English Bible and REB.
7."Jehovah framed me first" - Byington.
8."The LORD created me..." - The Reader's Digest Bible, 1982.
9."I was the first thing made, long ago in the beginning." - Holy Bible: Easy-to-Read
Version
, World Bible Translation Center, 1992.
10."The Eternal [Jehovah] formed me first of his creation" - Moffatt.
11."The Lord made me the beginning [arkhe] of his ways for his works" - The Septuagint,
Zondervan, 1976.
12."The LORD created me as the first of his creations" - Holy Bible From the Ancient Eastern
Text
(George M. Lamsa's translation from the Aramaic of the Peshitta), Harper and Row
Publ. (Be sure to examine Prov. 8:23-25, 30 in all translations also.)

The Jewish Bibles also translate it similarly:

Jewish Bibles:
Pro 8:22 - “The LORD made me as the beginning of His way, the first of His works of old.” - Margolis JPS translation, 1917.

“The Lord created me at the beginning of His course
As the first of His works of old. - Tanakh, JPS, 1985.

“ADONAI made me as the beginning of his way, the first of his ancient works.” - The Complete Jewish Bible, Stern, 1998.

Why, even that popular trinitarian study Bible, The NIV Study Bible, translates Prov. 8:22 as "the LORD brought me forth as the first of his works" and explains in a footnote for Prov. 8:22:

"brought ... forth. The Hebrew for this verb is also used in Ge 4:1; 14:19, 22 (`Creator')." - Zondervan, 1985.

And a noted Hebrew-English Lexicon has for qanah in Prov. 8:22:

“1 get, acquire (all poetry) :
“a. of God as originating, creating, קֹנֵה שָׁמַיִם וָאָרֶץ Genesis 14:19, 22; Deuteronomy 32:6 (Israel), Psalm 139:13 (כִּלְֹיתָ֑י); Proverbs 8:22 ( חכמה q. v.).” - Brown-Driver-Briggs, p. 888-889.

And the trinitarian The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology tells us:
"Created prior to all the [other] works of creation (Prov. 8:22-31), [Wisdom] discloses to men the original order inherent in creation." - p. 1029, Vol. 3, Zondervan, 1984.

The trinitarian A Dictionary of the Bible, Hastings (ed.) tells us about Wisdom in Prov. 8:

"Wisdom is spoken of in such a way as to make it impossible to believe that only the Divine attribute of wisdom is meant .... It is something outside of, yet standing alongside of, God, created by Him.... Wisdom is further represented as `playing' like a child before Jehovah in His habitable earth, in all the glow of conscious power and as taking special delight in the sons of men." - p. 281, Supplement, 1988 printing.
do ya think i'm stupid?"

I'll let the readers be the judge of that.

The LORD was not created = Yashua = JESUS was not created.
Proverbs 8 is not about the JESUS who is LORD

Anyone who says that it is, is in fact deceived and is not abiding in His Word.

Isaiah declares who the LORD is:

For I am the LORD your God,

You are My witnesses,” declares the LORD,
“and My servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may consider and believe Me
and understand that I am He.
Before Me no god was formed,
and after Me none will come.

I, yes I, am the LORD,
and there is no Savior but Me.
I alone decreed and saved and proclaimed—
I, and not some foreign god among you.
So you are My witnesses,” declares the LORD,
“that I am God. Even from eternity I am He,
and none can deliver out of My hand.
When I act, who can reverse it?”
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;

But our citizenship is in heaven, and we eagerly await the Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,

Jesus replied, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by His own authority.
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son the Savior of the world.

Before Me no god was formed, and after Me none will come. Isaiah 43 = John 1:1-14

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God
The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It may well be, but what ultimately matters would be God's position on it, right? If any AT I hold disagrees with Him, guess who will prevail in the end.
And if we reject the correction of GOD , guess who burns at their end . I know folks dont beleive in a lake of fire .
But eternal damnation is every bit as real as eternal life . Let no man add too nor take from
the holy revelation of JESUS CHRIST . cause ifwe do , guess what , GOD is gonna do what HE said he would do .
Many folks believe in heaven , even false religions , but there is a lake of fire , a place of eternal torment
And if we dont love Christ and follow another jesus , like an all inclusive many path one , THEN WE are DOOMED .
cause the JESUS i know , SAID VERY CLEAR , HE ALONE IS THE ONLY WAY , THE TRUTH and THE LIFE
And that if one believes in HIM they are saved , but if not they are damned . WE cannot try and change that truth for a false understanding
of both love and God . Too many are long infected with a bad version of love , and a deadly wrong version of GOD .
WHY Do we THINK GOD sent JESUS . CAUSE HE CANT DENY HIS OWN RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENT and GOD IS LOVE
thus ALL who believe in CHRIST , ARE PARDONED from the very second death sentence . BUT those who beleive in a stephen furtick
JESUS are damend and doomed , those who beleive in this lovey lovey God that is just gonna let folks trample JESUS under foot
FOR LOVE , are DOOMED and know neither GOD nor LOVE .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You would have had a LIKE on this cause its TRUE . However i know you follow the CC .
Its so sad my friend , you can know some truths yet NOT THE TRUTH .
But many are like this . They can spout some good truths and yet STILL not KNOW THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TRUTH .
I am not saying this to be mean , cruel or harsh . I am saying this to HELP YOU . TIS TIME for THEE FAITH
to come to THE TRUTH . THE TRUTH . Come ye out of her my friend . Come ye out and be ye holy and touch not the unclean thing .
GOD is full of compassion and mercy . HE forgave me , and i was far worse a man that you and most all on this site COMBINDED .
And yeah i say COMBINED . GOD led me into THE TRUTH and not into just some truths .
YOu must come out of her . I will continue to pray for you my friend . I desire only that which is GOOD for you .
So please dont wait or hesistate . Just come out .

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, (acts 2:17 last days began at Pentecost) that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

then what is this Lord’s house that is easily known that all nations come into it?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it shall come to pass in the last days, (acts 2:17 last days began at Pentecost) that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

then what is this Lord’s house that is easily known that all nations come into it?

“It is written,” he said to them, “’My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’”

Compare the House of God to the Vatican - Which one is the 'den of robbers'?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“It is written,” he said to them, “’My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’”

Compare the House of God to the Vatican - Which one is the 'den of robbers'?

both

the Vatican is not the church, after 1958

have you noticed how Jesus says it is “my father’s house” and “a house of prayer” then changes it to “you’re house”
The abomination of desolation!
Matt 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Christ is King of Glory!

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Jesus Christ is king!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
both

have you noticed how Jesus says it is “my father’s house” and “a house of prayer” then changes it to “you’re house”

Christ is King of Glory!

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

You said: "have you noticed how Jesus says it is “my father’s house” and “a house of prayer” then changes it to “you’re house”
Matt 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate." = AGREE friend - Great Scripture of Truth but not for the Jews.

AMEN

Now back to the Question: Compare the House of God to the Vatican - Which one is a 'den of thieves' (only one right answer here)

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
both

Christ is King of Glory!

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Jesus Christ is king!

You said: "have you noticed how Jesus says it is “my father’s house” and “a house of prayer” then changes it to “you’re house”
Matt 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate." = AGREE friend - Great Scripture of Truth but not for the Jews.

AMEN

Now back to the Question: Compare the House of God to the Vatican - Which one is a 'den of thieves' (only one right answer here)

Also, Jesus Christ is not king - HE is KING of kings and LORD of lords AMEN

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 5: 21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, (by God) Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Only God have the commandments only God can change them!

Matthew 8:26
And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

Only God has this power!

Matt 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

Only God!

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Only God can be this!

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Only God!

Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

God became man!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The kingdom was taken from Israel and given to the church

Christ replaced david as king
The new covenant replaced the old
The church replaced Israel

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The kingdom was taken from Israel and given to the church

Christ replaced david as king
The new covenant replaced the old
The church replaced Israel

There is only one Right Answer to the Question.

Study the Word and let me know when you find the 'House of God' that replaced the Temple in Jerusalem in Israel on earth.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one Right Answer to the Question.

Study the Word and let me know when you find the 'House of God' that replaced the Temple in Jerusalem in Israel on earth.

it is the new covenant church
Matt 16:18-19
Jn 10:16
1 Tim 3:15

Reactions: David in NJ