Divinity of Jesus Christ!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bruce Atkinson

Sep 25, 2021
Western MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The kingdom was taken from Israel and given to the church

Christ replaced david as king
The new covenant replaced the old
The church replaced Israel

If ANY of what you wrote is true, then both God and Jesus REPEATEDLY LIED!!! And if they lied, then nothing in the Bible can be considered truth.

In particular...Jesus will NOT be the king UNTIL HE reigns on the throne following the 7 years of tribulation. Jesus is NOT 'replacing' David, as David was mortal and died like everyone else, and replaced by his son. David ruled Israel only. Jesus will rule the WORLD!

The New Covenant has NOT come into effect yet! That, too, will only happen when Jesus is on HIS throne in the kingdom HE establishes!

If the church replaced Israel, then how does 'the church' explain Israels' regathering and becoming a nation again in 1948? What about the victories they had in multiple wars since May 14, 1948 that they won despite their being overwhelmed militarily in numbers? Only GOD could have done that!

Read Ezekiel 37. The 'dry bones' have been regathered exactly as prophesied. And no, not the return from Babylonian captivity, but regathered from all the world starting in 1948. Verses 26 and 27 below declare he WILL make a new covenant with them (not the church, but Israel!) and He will be THEIR God, and THEY will be HIS people!

Eze 37:26-27 (KJV)
26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If ANY of what you wrote is true, then both God and Jesus REPEATEDLY LIED!!! And if they lied, then nothing in the Bible can be considered truth.

In particular...Jesus will NOT be the king UNTIL HE reigns on the throne following the 7 years of tribulation. Jesus is NOT 'replacing' David, as David was mortal and died like everyone else, and replaced by his son. David ruled Israel only. Jesus will rule the WORLD!

The New Covenant has NOT come into effect yet! That, too, will only happen when Jesus is on HIS throne in the kingdom HE establishes!

If the church replaced Israel, then how does 'the church' explain Israels' regathering and becoming a nation again in 1948? What about the victories they had in multiple wars since May 14, 1948 that they won despite their being overwhelmed militarily in numbers? Only GOD could have done that!

Read Ezekiel 37. The 'dry bones' have been regathered exactly as prophesied. And no, not the return from Babylonian captivity, but regathered from all the world starting in 1948. Verses 26 and 27 below declare he WILL make a new covenant with them (not the church, but Israel!) and He will be THEIR God, and THEY will be HIS people!

Eze 37:26-27 (KJV)
26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

the secular (atheistic most Jews are atheists) land of Israel in Palestine cannot be equated to the nation or kingdom of Israel

matt 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Christ is king now Lk 1:32-33

new covenant now in effect
Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

The kingdom taken from them given into the church Matt 21:43

You cannot seek first a kingdom that does not exist! Matt 6:33

Peter and his successors now hold the
keys of the kingdom Matt 16:18-19

Christ is King of Glory!

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, (acts 2:17 last days began at Pentecost) that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Jesus Christ is king!

We must submit and obey the king of kings!

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

And In the absence of the king we must submit and obey the kings ministers!

Isa 22:21-22
Matt 16:18
Matt 18:18
Matt 28:18
Lk 10:16
Jn 13:20
Jn 20:21-23

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is immutable / unchangeable!

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Jn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

only God can give life!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mary is the mother of God

Lk 1:43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Lk 1:26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

so the Lord is the Lord God almighty!

Proving the divinity of Jesus Christ!

"And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior" (Luke 1:47). "Grace mercy and peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior." (Titus 1:4)

Christ is savior! Christ is divine!

1 Tim 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Exodus 20:10
But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

Matthew 12:8
For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Lk 5
18 And, behold, men brought in a bed a man which was taken with a palsy: and they sought means to bring him in, and to lay him before him.

19 And when they could not find by what way they might bring him in because of the multitude, they went upon the housetop, and let him down through the tiling with his couch into the midst before Jesus.

20 And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.

21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?

22 But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, he answering said unto them, What reason ye in your hearts?

23 Whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Rise up and walk?

24 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins, (he said unto the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy couch, and go into thine house.

25 And immediately he rose up before them, and took up that whereon he lay, and departed to his own house, glorifying God.

Jn 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

1 jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Jn 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.”

How does Jesus know of the murder of Zechariah since it’s not in the OT

Bruce Atkinson

Sep 25, 2021
Western MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the secular (atheistic most Jews are atheists) land of Israel in Palestine cannot be equated to the nation or kingdom of Israel

matt 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Apparently, you've forgotten where God GAVE the land to Israel (welcome to getting older! it gets worse!) -

Genesis 12:6-8 (KJV)
6 And Abram passed through the land unto the place of Sichem, unto the plain of Moreh. And the Canaanite was then in the land.
7 And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him.
8 And he removed from thence unto a mountain on the east of Bethel, and pitched his tent, having Bethel on the west, and Hai on the east: and there he builded an altar unto the LORD, and called upon the name of the LORD.

Genesis 13:14-18 (KJV)
14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:
15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.
17 Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.
18 Then Abram removed his tent, and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which is in Hebron, and built there an altar unto the LORD.

Genesis 15:18-21 (KJV)
18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:
19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites,
20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims,
21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.

It was given 'free and clear' to Abraham.

Christ is king now Lk 1:32-33

Luke 1:32-33 (KJV)
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Jesus came to establish His kingdom on earth, but the Jews (Israel) refused Him. So, at present, His kingdom here on earth does not yet exist. He won't be the King of Israel (the house of Jacob) until after the 7 years tribulation (1 week = 7 days = prophetic 7 years in Daniel 9:27) has been completed. Unless there's a kingdom, there is no king.

new covenant now in effect
Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

There's a difference between 'testament' and covenant'. In ones' Last Will and Testament, it declares ones' intentions after death. A testament also 'testifies' that some thing is true such as giving one's testimony on the witness stand. A covenant, on the other hand, is a contract. Take a look at most property deeds where the seller covenants that the property to be sold is located at xxxx and is his legal property to sell, etc, etc. In other words, a covenant is a 100% absolute guarantee whereas a testament is more of a truth and proof.

The kingdom taken from them given into the church Matt 21:43

You cannot seek first a kingdom that does not exist! Matt 6:33

Peter and his successors now hold the
keys of the kingdom Matt 16:18-19

Mat 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

The church is NOT a nation! One can claim that the territory what is called Palestine today is that nation, but God made that land desolate after 70AD when the Jews were finally destroyed or driven out of Israel. One could also claim that the nation referenced more likely speaks of gentiles around the world that believe the Gospel in 1 Cor 15:1-4 as we bring forth fruit of the spirit -

Galatians 5:22-23 (KJV) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Throughout most of Jesus' time on earth, He spoke of the coming, promised kingdom, that WOULD HAVE been established had Israel accepted Him as the promised Messiah. We know how that turned out. So, Matthew 6:33 can only point to God the Father and God the Son in the Kingdom of God at the present time.

That promised kingdom won't be established until He returns:
Matthew 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Israel (the Jews) still don't accept Jesus IS the Messiah. The exception being the relatively small percentage of Messianic Jews that believe He is. But after the tribulation, all Israel will proclaim Him!

And the 'keys to the kingdom' can be described in ONE WORD: FAITH!

Last edited:

One God NOT three

Dec 13, 2021
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Christ is speaking for himself, and almost definitely what God’s feelings were. This is what Jesus felt while he was going around preaching. He was saddened because they rejected him and the gospel, then ultimately they killed him.

As for Jesus being God. Logically Jesus couldn’t be God if he is God’s son. God cannot die and Jesus as a sacrifice had to die, and had to have our nature, for his sacrifice to please God. Also it’s not logical to be immortal and mortal (human with the ability to die) at the same time. God is not an author of confusion.

Nature itself (humans and animals) teaches us that a Son always comes into existence after the Father is born, and the Son can never be the same person as the Father. They can share the same outlook and common interests and this is what we see in Jesus. Like the Angels they represented and spoke for God at times and when they did they carried God's name. Just like us when we work for a company we can represent that company.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Christ is speaking for himself, and almost definitely what God’s feelings were. This is what Jesus felt while he was going around preaching. He was saddened because they rejected him and the gospel, then ultimately they killed him.

As for Jesus being God. Logically Jesus couldn’t be God if he is God’s son. God cannot die and Jesus as a sacrifice had to die, and had to have our nature, for his sacrifice to please God. Also it’s not logical to be immortal and mortal (human with the ability to die) at the same time. God is not an author of confusion.

Nature itself (humans and animals) teaches us that a Son always comes into existence after the Father is born, and the Son can never be the same person as the Father. They can share the same outlook and common interests and this is what we see in Jesus. Like the Angels they represented and spoke for God at times and when they did they carried God's name. Just like us when we work for a company we can represent that company.

Jesus is fully God and fully man
Two natures in one person
Holy apostolic council of nicea

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 24:31 his angels
Jn 1:51 his angels
Jn 6:38 came down from heaven

Matt 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

2:12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.

They worshiped Jesus and only God can be worshiped!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A litany is a prayer that is sung in two choirs

litany of the most blessed trinity!

V. Blessed be the holy Trinity and undivided Unity;

R. We will give glory to Him, because He hath shown His mercy to us.

V. O Lord our Lord, how wonderful is Thy Name in all the earth!

R. O the depth of the riches of the wisdom and of the knowledge of God!

Lord, have mercy.

Lord, have mercy.

Christ, have mercy.

Christ, have mercy.

Lord, have mercy.

Lord, have mercy

Blessed Trinity,

hear us.

Adorable Unity,

graciously hear us.

God the Father of Heaven,

Have mercy on us.

God the Son, Redeemer of the world,

Have mercy on us.

God the Holy Ghost,

Have mercy on us.

Holy Trinity, One God,

Have mercy on us.

Father from Whom are all things,

Have mercy on us.

Son through Whom are all things,

Have mercy on us.

Holy Ghost in Whom are all things,

Have mercy on us.

Holy and undivided Trinity,

Have mercy on us.

Father everlasting,

Have mercy on us.

Only-begotten Son of the Father,

Have mercy on us.

Spirit Who preceedeth from the Father and the Son,

Have mercy on us.

Co-eternal Majesty of Three Divine Persons,

Have mercy on us.

Father, the Creator,

Have mercy on us.

Son, the Redeemer,

Have mercy on us.

Holy Ghost, the Comforter,

Have mercy on us.

Holy, holy, holy, Lord God of hosts,

Have mercy on us.

Who art, Who was, and Who art to come,

Have mercy on us.

God Most High, Who inhabits eternity,

Have mercy on us.

To Whom alone are due all honor and glory,

Have mercy on us.

Who alone doest great wonders,

Have mercy on us.

Power infinite,

Have mercy on us.

Wisdom, incomprehensible,

Have mercy on us.

Love unspeakable,

Have mercy on us.

Be merciful,

Spare us, O Holy Trinity.

Be merciful,

Graciously hear us, O Holy Trinity.

From all evil,

Deliver us, O Holy Trinity.

From all sin,

From all pride,

From all love of riches,

From all uncleanness,

From all sloth,

From all inordinate affection,

From all envy and malice,

From all anger and impatience,

From every thought, word, and deed contrary to Thy holy law,

From Thine everlasting malediction,

Through Thy plenteous loving kindness,

Through the exceeding treasure of Thy goodness and love,

Through the depths of Thy wisdom and knowledge,

Through all Thy unspeakable perfections,

We sinners, Beseech Thee, hear us.

That we may ever serve Thee alone,

We beseech Thee, hear us.

That we may worship Thee in spirit and in truth,

That we may love Thee with all our heart, with all our soul, and with all our strength,

That, for Thy sake, we may love our neighbor as ourselves,

That we may faithfully keep Thy holy commandments,

That we may never defile our bodies and souls with sin,

That we may go from grace to grace, and from virtue to virtue,

That we may finally enjoy the sight of Thee in glory,

That Thou wouldst vouchsafe to hear us,

O Blessed Trinity,

We beseech Thee, deliver us.

O Blessed Trinity,

We beseech Thee, save us.

O Blessed Trinity,

Have mercy on us.

Lord, have mercy,

Christ, have mercy,

Lord, have mercy.

Let Us Pray
Grant, O merciful Father, that Thy Divine Spirit may enlighten, inflame and purify us, that He may penetrate us with His heavenly dew and make us fruitful in good works, through Our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, Who with Thee, in the unity of the same Spirit, liveth and reigneth, one God, forever and ever.

Our Father (silently)
Hail Mary (silently)

V. Blessed art Thou, O Lord, in the firmament of Heaven,
R. And worthy to be praised, and glorious, and highly exalted forever.

Let Us Pray:
Almighty and everlasting God, Who hast granted Thy servants in the confession of the True Faith, to acknowledge the glory of an Eternal Trinity, and in the power of Thy majesty to adore a Unity: we beseech Thee that by the strength of this faith we may be defended from all adversity. Through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 24:31 his angels
Jn 1:51 his angels
Jn 6:38 came down from heaven

Matt 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

2:12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.

"They worshiped Jesus and only God can be worshiped!"

The words in the original languages which are translated "worship" in KJV and many others are shachah (Hebrew) and proskuneo (NT Greek).

The Greek word proskuneo (or proskyneo) is defined in the 1971 trinitarian United Bible Societies' A Concise Greek-English Dictionary of the New Testament, p. 154: "[Proskuneo] worship; fall down and worship, kneel, bow low, fall at another's feet."

Even the extremely trinitarian W. E. Vine writes in his An Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, p. 1247:

"PROSKUNEO ... to make obeisance, do reverence to (from pros, towards, and kuneo, to kiss), is the most frequent word rendered 'to worship'. It is used for an act of homage or reverence (a) to God ...; (b) to Christ ...; (c) to a man, Matt. 18:26." ("Obeisance," of course, shows "respect, submission, or reverence" - Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, 1961.)

Noted Bible scholar J. H. Thayer defines proskuneo:

"prop. to kiss the hand to (towards) one, in token of reverence ... hence in the N. T. by kneeling or prostration to do homage (to one) or make obeisance, whether in order to express respect or to make supplication. It is used a. of homage shown to men of superior rank [position] ... Rev. 3:9 .... b. of homage rendered to God and the ascended Christ, to heavenly beings [angels]" - p. 548, Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, Baker Book House Publ., 1977.

The Hebrew word most often translated "worship" is shachah, and it is usually rendered as proskuneo in the Greek Septuagint version of the Old Testament. Unger and White say of this word: "Shachah ... 'to worship, prostrate oneself, bow down.'" And, "The act of bowing down in homage done before a superior [in rank] or a ruler. Thus David 'bowed' himself [shachah] before Saul (1 Sam. 24:8). Sometimes it is a social or economic superior to whom one bows, as when Ruth 'bowed' [shachah] to the ground before Boaz (Ruth 2:10)." - Nelson's Expository Dictionary of the Old Testament, 1980, Thomas Nelson Publ., p. 482.

Perhaps the most famous Biblical Hebrew scholar of all, Gesenius, tells us in Gesenius' Hebrew-Chaldee Lexicon to the Old Testament, p. 813, (#7812), 'Shachah':

"(1) to prostrate oneself before anyone out of honor .... Those who used this mode of salutation fell on their knees and touched the ground with the forehead ..., and this honor was not only shown to superiors, such as kings and princes, 2 Sam. 9:8; but also to equals; Gen. 23:7."

The act described by proskuneo (or shachah) was of bowing or kneeling, and it generally indicated an act of respect and a display of one's willingness to submit to or serve another person who occupied a superior position, regardless of his nature (somewhat similar to a salute in the military today). It was done, of course, in its very highest sense to God alone, but it was also done, in a lower sense of the same word, to kings, angels, prophets, etc. That is why proskuneo is translated "prostrated himself before" at Matt. 18:26 NASB, even though the KJV uses "worship" there. Notice how other trinitarian translations render that verse (RSV and NIV for example) where a servant "worships" [proskuneo] his master. And that is why, in the account of the man blind from birth whom Jesus healed, we see that man giving proskuneo to Jesus at John 9:38. The ASV, in a footnote for John 9:38, says,

"The Greek word [proskuneo] denotes an act of reverence, whether paid to a creature, as here [Jesus], or to the Creator."

Reactions: APAK

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"They worshiped Jesus and only God can be worshiped!"

The words in the original languages which are translated "worship" in KJV and many others are shachah (Hebrew) and proskuneo (NT Greek).

The Greek word proskuneo (or proskyneo) is defined in the 1971 trinitarian United Bible Societies' A Concise Greek-English Dictionary of the New Testament, p. 154: "[Proskuneo] worship; fall down and worship, kneel, bow low, fall at another's feet."

Even the extremely trinitarian W. E. Vine writes in his An Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, p. 1247:

"PROSKUNEO ... to make obeisance, do reverence to (from pros, towards, and kuneo, to kiss), is the most frequent word rendered 'to worship'. It is used for an act of homage or reverence (a) to God ...; (b) to Christ ...; (c) to a man, Matt. 18:26." ("Obeisance," of course, shows "respect, submission, or reverence" - Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, 1961.)

Noted Bible scholar J. H. Thayer defines proskuneo:

"prop. to kiss the hand to (towards) one, in token of reverence ... hence in the N. T. by kneeling or prostration to do homage (to one) or make obeisance, whether in order to express respect or to make supplication. It is used a. of homage shown to men of superior rank [position] ... Rev. 3:9 .... b. of homage rendered to God and the ascended Christ, to heavenly beings [angels]" - p. 548, Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, Baker Book House Publ., 1977.

The Hebrew word most often translated "worship" is shachah, and it is usually rendered as proskuneo in the Greek Septuagint version of the Old Testament. Unger and White say of this word: "Shachah ... 'to worship, prostrate oneself, bow down.'" And, "The act of bowing down in homage done before a superior [in rank] or a ruler. Thus David 'bowed' himself [shachah] before Saul (1 Sam. 24:8). Sometimes it is a social or economic superior to whom one bows, as when Ruth 'bowed' [shachah] to the ground before Boaz (Ruth 2:10)." - Nelson's Expository Dictionary of the Old Testament, 1980, Thomas Nelson Publ., p. 482.

Perhaps the most famous Biblical Hebrew scholar of all, Gesenius, tells us in Gesenius' Hebrew-Chaldee Lexicon to the Old Testament, p. 813, (#7812), 'Shachah':

"(1) to prostrate oneself before anyone out of honor .... Those who used this mode of salutation fell on their knees and touched the ground with the forehead ..., and this honor was not only shown to superiors, such as kings and princes, 2 Sam. 9:8; but also to equals; Gen. 23:7."

The act described by proskuneo (or shachah) was of bowing or kneeling, and it generally indicated an act of respect and a display of one's willingness to submit to or serve another person who occupied a superior position, regardless of his nature (somewhat similar to a salute in the military today). It was done, of course, in its very highest sense to God alone, but it was also done, in a lower sense of the same word, to kings, angels, prophets, etc. That is why proskuneo is translated "prostrated himself before" at Matt. 18:26 NASB, even though the KJV uses "worship" there. Notice how other trinitarian translations render that verse (RSV and NIV for example) where a servant "worships" [proskuneo] his master. And that is why, in the account of the man blind from birth whom Jesus healed, we see that man giving proskuneo to Jesus at John 9:38. The ASV, in a footnote for John 9:38, says,

"The Greek word [proskuneo] denotes an act of reverence, whether paid to a creature, as here [Jesus], or to the Creator."

Bible alone is not enough now we need to know Greek and Hebrew

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible IS Greek and Hebrew!

I thought you protesters say just pick up the Bible and read for yourself and make you’re own doctrine, church, covenant, salvation etc. DIY religion!

Scripture says we must be taught!

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Christ and His church are one! (Acts 9:4 eph 5:31 Jn 15:1-5)

Rejection of the one true church or its teaching is rejection of Christ and God!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 8:12 & Matt 5:14

Dan 2:44 Isa 2:2 Micah 4:1 fulfilled in matt 5:14

matt 16:18-19 shall not prevail
Matt 18:17 hear the truth from the church
1 Tim 3:15 the church is the pillar and ground of truth.

Faith ascents & never protests or rebels!
Spiritual Pride protests & is always in rebellion

The nature of spiritual pride is rebellion!
Spiritual pride must protest, and must be right!

Christ and His one true church cannot be right or my self-righteous personal interpretation base on spiritual pride and private judgement must be wrong, and that is unacceptable!

Truth must be revealed by God, and taught by the church, proposed for our belief, we must be instructed!
Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 Acts 8:31 Lk 10:16 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

Nature of doctrine:

Truth or doctrine MUST be Revealed by God And Proposed by the church for belief, not spiritual pride and self-righteous private judgement!
Claim: “scripture alone”
It’s really just the ugly repugnant pride!
It’s no faith at all only spiritual pride and self-righteous private judgement!
They Hope in creatures not in God!

It is unlawful to refuse to accept a truth revealed by God!

Matt 28:19 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

Truth matters! It is revealed by God and therefore CANNOT be changed!
The church likewise is founded by Christ and therefore CANNOT be reformed!

Faith hope and charity! 1 cor 13:13
Three are eternal, and the greatest is charity!
“Faith alone”? Never faith, hope, & charity are inseparable!
If salvation was by faith alone then the greatest would be faith, but as even “all faith“ without charity avails nothing! 1 cor 13:2

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You do not adhere to the word of God much do you? Bad habit.

In Matthew 4:10b Yahshua says we are to worship the one true God, our Father.

"...For it is written: Worship the LORD your God, and serve him only."

I guess you will have to stop saying we worship his Son, who is also not God, his Father?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not adhere to the word of God much do you? Bad habit.

In Matthew 4:10b Yahshua says we are to worship the one true God, our Father.

"...For it is written: Worship the LORD your God, and serve him only."

I guess you will have to stop saying we worship his Son, who is also not God, his Father?

Yes we worship Jesus Christ and his precious blood!

And veneration honor devotion to the holy mother of God, the immaculate ever Virgin Mary!

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy!
Our life, our sweetness, and our hope!
To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve,
to thee do we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this valley, of tears.
Turn, then, most gracious advocate,
thine eyes of mercy toward us;
and after this our exile show unto us the
blessed fruit of thy womb Jesus;
O clement, O loving, O sweet virgin Mary.

V. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

A Royal greeting!

Lk 1:28 is the only place in the Bible where such a greeting takes place!
Mary is of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!

God himself is greeting Mary thru the instrument of the angel Gabriel!

This is a Royal greeting of the queen of heaven and earth! Queen of the angels and saints! Mary is of the house of king David!

In the line of king David the mother of the king is the queen, as Jesus Christ is the king of heaven and earth and the angels and saints so Mary is the queen of the same! Lk 1:32-33

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
29 And when she had heard, she was troubled in his word, and thought what manner salutation this was.
30 And the angel said to her, Dread thou not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God.

St. Gregory the great says: Mary is above the angels, hence their queen, the angel is addressing his queen and mistress!

St. Jerome tells us "We should realize that Mary means Lady in the Syrian language."

St. Peter Chrysologus says "The Hebrew name ‘Mary’ means ‘Domina’ [Lady] in Latin. The Angel therefore calls her Lady so that the Mother of the Lord, whom the authority of her Son made and caused to be born and to be called the Lady, might be without servile fear."

St. Ephrem has Mary saying: "Let Heaven sustain me in its embrace, because I am honored above it. For heaven was not Thy mother, but Thou hast made it Thy throne. How much more honorable and venerable than the throne of a king is his mother."

St. Gregory Nazianzen calls her "the Mother of the King of the entire universe" as well as "Virgin Mother who brought forth the King of the entire world." - The Church Fathers On The Queenship Of Mary

St. John Damascene calls her: "Queen, ruler, and lady".

In the Jewish culture, a Davidic King would have his mother as Queen rather than his wife, because he rarely had one wife, but many wives. Sharing power with many wives would be much too difficult, but he had only one mother and she was given the title of Queen. Almost every time a new king is introduced in 1 and 2 Kings, the king’s mother is mentioned. She was a member of the royal court, wore a crown, sat on a throne, and shared in the king’s reign (2 Kings 24:12, 15; Jer. 13:18–20). She acted as counselor to her son (Prov. 31), an advocate of the people, and as an intercessor for the citizens of the kingdom (1 Kings 2:17–20). Since Jesus is a King based on the order of David, (Lk 1:32-33) it makes sense that His mother would be called Queen.

Psalm 45 depicts Christ as King and at his side is a Queen.

PSALM 45:9
At Your right hand stands the queen in gold from Ophir

So who is this Queen? Scripture puts forth Mary as our Queen in a grandiose description found in Revelation 12. In a vision of heaven, we are shown that the Ark of the Covenant is present in the temple. Rev. 11

"Majestic and Heavenly Maid, Lady, Queen, protect and keep me under your wing lest Satan the sower of destruction glory over me, lest my wicked foe be victorious against me." St. Ephrem the Syrian (4th Century)

"the Queen of mortal man, the most holy Mother of God." Patriarch St. Modestus of Jerusalem (7th Century)

In a sermon about the death of Mary, "Today He transports from her earthly dwelling, as Queen of the human race, His ever-Virgin Mother, from whose womb He, the living God, took on human form." Archbishop St. Andrew of Crete (8th Century)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

God is the resurrection and the life!

Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

in the new creation God also breathed life into them

Jn 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: