Divinity of Jesus!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
he did act as God but as man, he was subject the father

Jesus of Nazareth acted / acts as God but he is a man. He was / is subject to the Father, his God.

how can you be in the form of God and not be God

Jesus of Nazareth is the visible image of the invisible God. The invisible God is his God, the one God, the Father.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jacob was given the surname of "Israel" (Gen 32:28) translated from a
Hebrew word that means "He shall rule as God" which doesn't mean rule like
God; but rather; in God's stead.

Well, Jacob ruled neither as God nor in God's stead; and in point of fact,
Jacob didn't even rule his own family very well; it practically ruled him.
However; I'm pretty sure we're safe to take Jacob's surname as a prophecy
looking ahead to Jacob's posterity.

According to John 1:1-14, Jesus was born a composite of human and divine.
However, the human and the divine aren't one, they are distinctly individual
aspects of Jesus' existence, i.e. the one is a spirit being and the other a
material being. (1Cor 15:45)

Well, we can allow the divine to rule as God and in God's stead, but how are
we to allow the human that level of power and prestige?

Back in 2014, Michelle J. Howard became the first-ever female four-star
Admiral in the U.S. Navy. Was Ms. Howard born a four-star Admiral? No, she
was promoted to that rank.

When Jesus ascended to Heaven forty days after his resurrection, he
underwent the ceremony depicted by Daniel 7:13-14 which established him
as the cosmos' supreme ruler. At that moment, he was in a position to rule
in God's stead, but it wasn't till his promotion depicted by Phil 2:7-11 that
he became authorized to rule as God.

Phil 2:9 . . God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the
name that is above every other name

Note that Jesus wasn't given a name above every other name. Rather, he
was given "the" name. What name might that be? Well; it's Jehovah; there
is none higher. So then; Jesus has the God-given right to use God's name
for his own name, viz: Jesus has the right to be addressed as Jehovah, and
the right to be respected and obeyed as Jehovah. Refusal to acknowledge
Jesus as Jehovah is a refusal to acknowledge the glory of God. (Phil 2:10
11) In other words; a shameful disrespect for God's name. (cf. Eph 1:15-21)

Rev 22:16 . . I am the bright morning star.

By comparing Isa 14:12, Luke 10:18, and Rev 2:26-28; it can be readily
deduced that the Bible's morning stars are persons wielding political power.
But none are as radiant as Christ because he's the signet promised to
Zerubbabel by Hag 2:21-23. In other words: Jesus wields the power of God
so much so that he is in the position of God as God.

Rev 1:8 . . I am the Alpha and the Omega-- says the Lord God --who is,
and who was, and who is to come: the Almighty
_

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus of Nazareth acted / acts as God but he is a man. He was / is subject to the Father, his God.

Jesus of Nazareth is the visible image of the invisible God. The invisible God is his God, the one God, the Father.

sounds like modelism

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only Peter and His successors have jurisdictional authority from Christ!

Peter

Peter is already administering the kingdom

Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as mediator

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the houser, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself! Matt 17:27

Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

It’s Christ who does this

Why is the name of peter even mentioned?

Why does Christ change Peter’s name, God changing a persons name like Abram to Abraham or Jacob to Israel always signifies a mission or ministry!

Why does Christ give him the keys of jurisdictional authority that the prime minister holds under the king to administer the kingdom? Isa 22:21-22

How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

also have to explain
Isa 22:21-22 jurisdictional authority of the keys and called father
Matt 28:19 go teach baptize
Jn 20:21-23 same mission power and authority as christ
Eph 2:20 church built on the apostles
Matt 23 successors of Moses have the jurisdictional authority and the power to bind and loose which Christ says must be obeyed, then taken from them matt 21:43 given to Peter and the apostles and their successors

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Applies only to Peter as “prince of the apostles”!

Peter and his successors are the Leader of the apostles and the head of the church until Christ returns!

Matt 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter,

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Lk 22:32 Christ prayed for Peter!

Peter is head of the church!

Isa 22:21-22 21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Matt 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 23:1 power and authority of the kingdom known in the keys and binding and loosing, Matt 21:43 kingdom shall be taken from you given to another who will bear fruit. (Peter the apostles in holy church Lk 22:29)

Matt 17:27 Jesus identified peter with himself.

Matt 16:17 Peter alone received revelation from the Father

Lk 22:32 Peter to strengthen his brethren (the apostles)

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep

Peter exercises his authority over the apostles and the church!

Acts 1:15
Acts 3:4
Acts 5:5 5:10
Acts 15:7

ONLY TO PETER CHRIST SAID: THOU ART PETER AND UPON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILT MY CHURCH, AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT!Matt 16:18

Peter is the prime minister, father, and head of the church on earth until Christ returns Isa 22:21-22

Seat of peter remains Until Christ returns
Matt 28:19-20

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

4 important questions:

1) How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

2) How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

3) How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

4) why did Christ give the keys to Peter (and only to Peter) keys of jurisdictional authority. Isa 22:21-22 why even bother to mention Peter if he is not involved?

Explain Jn 20:21 Peter and the apostles and their successors have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! “As the father sent me, so I send you”!

Matt 28:19 christ communicates his authority to peter and the apostles to teach all nations, baptize all disciples!
Jn 20:21-23 apostles even have authority to forgive sins
Eph 2:20 church built on the apostles
Matt 23 the authority and power of the successors of Moses required to be obeyed are taken from them and given to Peter and the apostles

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

2 Tim 3: 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
(Protestants, fundamentalists, etc.)

Christ and His church are one!
God cannot reveal error and the church cannot teach error!

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics like luther, calvin, etc. but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!

The Isiah proof text does not apply.

Isaiah 22:21-25
Easy-to-Read Version

21 I will take your robe and put it on him. I will give him your scepter. I will give him the important job you have, and he will be like a father to the people of Jerusalem and Judah’s family.

22 “I will put the key to David’s house around his neck. If he opens a door, no one will be able to close it. If he closes a door, no one will be able to open it. 23 He will be like a favorite chair in his father’s house. I will make him like a strong peg in a solid board. 24 All the honored and important things of his father’s house will hang on him. All the adults and little children will depend on him. They will be like little dishes and big water bottles hanging on him.”

25 The Lord All-Powerful said, “At that time the peg that is now in the solid board will get weak and break. It will fall to the ground, and everything hanging on it will be destroyed. Then everything I said in this message will happen. It will happen because the Lord said it would.”