Divisions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing silly about that when it says Your word is truth.
Sooooo, can you prove to me - from Scripture - where Scripture claims to be our Sole Authority?

I just proved to you - from Scripture - that the Church is our final Authority on earth (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18. Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).

.I have all day . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can’t help but notice that the image on your post of the man holding the biscuit, has dividing marks on it. Is your biscuit divided?
Soooo, does this mean that you are:
a. Unwilling to say who "Her" is?
b. Unable to say who "Her" is?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ALL Christians believe in the Trinity.
Do they? But then again, what exactly is a Christian, if not a follower of Christ... even the new converts still able only to partake of milk, the meat being too much for them to handle at the first.

The definition of "Christian" is not up for grabs.
Everyone uses their own definitions for things, whether they write it for a dictionary or prepare a paper on it or simply use it as they understand it or even misunderstand it... without regard to what it may have meant at the start or what even the majority may consider the right definition.

If we cannot communicate, why bother to open our mouths or type on our keyboards? We cannot presume that everyone else even understands all of our meanings nor should we presume to understand their meanings.

The Christians in the NT who were first called "Christians" in Antioch (Acts 11:26) were Trinitarians.
Were they? Whatever they believed it was by faith, was it not? Has any follower of Jesus ever been in error early on and then corrected at a later point with his walk with God?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
n astute student as yourself should know she is the world. Jesus has all power and authority.
Now- was that so hard??

By the way - there are many "astute students" who believe "Her" to be several other entities.
That's why I asked . . .
Now is your biscuit divided, it appears to be?
As for why the host has "dividing marks" - it simply makes it easier for the priest to break it into smaller pieces and distribute them evenly.

Hate to disappoint you - but there is nothing diabolical or sinister . . .

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now- was that so hard??

By the way - there are many "astute students" who believe "Her" to be several other entities.
That's why I asked . . .

As for why the host has "dividing marks" - it simply makes it easier for the priest to break it into smaller pieces and distribute them evenly.

Hate to disappoint you - but there is nothing diabolical or sinister . . .
That’s divided. The body hosts the Spirit of God not this biscuit

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do they? But then again, what exactly is a Christian, if not a follower of Christ... even the new converts still able only to partake of milk, the meat being too much for them to handle at the first.

Everyone uses their own definitions for things, whether they write it for a dictionary or prepare a paper on it or simply use it as they understand it or even misunderstand it... without regard to what it may have meant at the start or what even the majority may consider the right definition.
If we cannot communicate, why bother to open our mouths or type on our keyboards? We cannot presume that everyone else even understands all of our meanings nor should we presume to understand their meanings.

And this is PRECISELY why Protestantism is a confused gaggle of tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering sects that ALL teach different doctrines - yet ALL claim to have the "Truth".
Were they?
Whatever they believed it was by faith, was it not? Has any follower of Jesus ever been in error early on and then corrected at a later point with his walk with God?
Yes, they were . . .
Genesis 1:26
Matt. 28:19
John 15:26
1 Cor. 12:4-6
2 Cor. 13:14,
1 John 5:7
Ephesians 4:6
Psalm 68:5
Malachi 2:10
Isaiah 63:16
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
John 3:16
John 8:41
1 Thessalonians 3:13
Isaiah 7:14
Isaiah 9:6
John 1:1
John 1:3
John 8:58
John 10:30
John 15:9
John 20:28
Acts 5:3-4
2 Corinthians 4:4
Philippians 2:6
Colossians 2:9
1 Timothy 3:16
Hebrews 1:8
Titus 2:13
John 14:16-18
Luke 12:10
2 Corinthians 3:17
2 Corinthians 13:5
John 14:23
Acts 5:3-4

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your church's lies, and your agreement with them, is going to come back and bite you in the butt one day. Fact of history? Are you suggesting that the millions who belonged to churches in Britain before any Roman missionary thought of going there, were not Christians because they weren't Catholic? What of the church of the East with which Catholics had no contact... Tamerlane and his Islamist murderers thought they were Christian enough to decimate them. There was a Christian church throughout the Mongolian empires for centuries before the Jesuits arrived in the 18 th century.
What of the church in India? Ethiopia?
THEY WERE NOT CATHOLIC. NONE OF THEM. BUT THEY WERE VERY DEFINITELY CHRISTIAN...
As to your contention that one must accept the trinity before being classified as a Christian, I would ask, which version of the Trinity? And how much of man's embellishments to the various formulas and creeds must one accept before Bread of Life judges him a Christian? Should we all rejoice that BoL considers us a Christian? It is a good thing that we have such a merciful and gracious saviour such as bread of life to judge whether we are Christians or not.
Yes we're ALL aware of your fanciful "histories" and perverted SDA revisionism.

Problem is - the rest of us aren't as gullible as you and the other Ellen White disciples . . .

B

brakelite

Problem is - the rest of us aren't as gullible as you and the other Ellen White disciples . . .
Seriously... Do you actually, in writing and on a public forum, deny their existence????

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How the Satanic Black Mass Proves the Truth of Catholicism
There have been a number of stories in the news lately of small Satanic groups publicly performing so-called “Black Masses.”

These rituals are based on the Catholic mass but are inverted toward Satan and often involve the desecration of a Eucharistic host.

This sort of thing is evil and should not be taken lightly. It’s also occurred to me, though, how these Black Masses offer a powerful argument for the truth of Catholicism.

The Eucharist is either Jesus or Evil
The Eucharist is either Jesus or mere bread and wine.

If the Eucharist is Jesus, everyone should be at Mass, worshipping Our Lord. If the Eucharist is Jesus, there should be no such thing as Protestantism, Mormonism, Islam, atheism, etc. But if the Eucharist isn’t Jesus, then for two thousand years, the would-be followers of Jesus Christ were actually idolaters. If that’s the case, nobody should be Catholic.

So those are the stakes. Everyone who encountered Jesus of Nazareth was faced with a crucial question: is this God, in some mysterious guise, or not? The early Christians called this the “aut Deus aut malus homo” (“either God or a bad man”). Everyone encountering the Eucharist is faced with the same question: either God or idolatry.

And of course, if the Eucharist is pagan idolatry, it’s demonic. As 1 Corinthians 10:20 says, “what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God.”

The whole world hangs on this point: is the Eucharist Jesus or an idol? Is the Sacrifice of the Mass being offered to God, or to demons?

Satan Hates the Eucharist

The satanic Black Mass is a ritual inversion (and mockery) of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass performed by Satanists. Now, there are two types of Satanists: “LaVey Satanists,” and “theological Satanists.” LaVey Satanists atheists who don’t believe in Satan, and use “Satanism” as a tool to harass and provoke Christians (unlike“theological Satanists,” who believe in Satan and worship him). But whether the practitioners are playing at the occult, or serious, there’s no question that they’re tapping into some seriously dark spiritual forces. Satan is at work here.

And it worth pointing out that when Satanists (of both kind) want to mock a religious ritual, you can bet that it’s going to be the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass that they target. How often do you hear about Muslim or Hindu or Jewish (or even Protestant) services being subjected to such intense Satanic mockery?

Nor is this Satanic targeting of the Mass anything new. As far back as the fourth century, St. Epiphanius of Salamis described a sect of Gnosticism performing a perverted mockery of Mass. I won’t go into the details, but it was graphic enough that the members of this sect became known as “Borborians” (“filthy ones”).

Satan Doesn’t Drive Out Satan

So the Eucharist is either Jesus or evil (since if it’s not Jesus, it’s idolatry) and since the devil hates the Eucharist, we can cross “evil” off the list.

For some additional Biblical support, consider Matthew 12.22-28:

“Then a blind and dumb demoniac was brought to him, and he healed him, so that the dumb man spoke and saw. And all the people were amazed, and said, “Can this be the Son of David?” But when the Pharisees heard it they said, “It is only by Be-el′zebul, the prince of demons, that this man casts out demons.”

“Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand; and if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand? And if I cast out demons by Be-el′zebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges. But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.”

This passage is important: it shows, for example, that Catholic exorcists are operating by the Spirit of God when they drive out demons. But it also means that if Satan hates the Mass, we can be sure that the Mass isn’t evil.

Of course, if the Mass isn’t demonic, if it isn’t idolatry, that really only leaves one option: that the Eucharist is Jesus Christ, and that the Sacrifice of the Mass is presenting Jesus to the Father. This (and as far as I can tell, this alone), accounts for the Satanic mockery.

The Target of Satan
Even if the only thing you knew about Catholicism was that its central form of worship, the Mass, was the target of Satanic ire, you would already have good reason to believe that Catholicism was the true religion.

But taken with all of the other evidence for the truth that the Eucharist is Jesus, that the Mass is a Sacrifice instituted by God, and that the Catholic Church is the Church founded by Christ, Satan is just one more (unwitting) witness for the truth of Jesus Christ and His Church.

How the Satanic Black Mass Proves the Truth of Catholicism | ChurchPOP

Originally posted on Shameless Popery

Last edited:
B

brakelite

You, being a devout Catholic, know no doubt of a man named Marco Polo yes? In his travels and as an appointed governor in China (Cathay) he wrote extensively of the many Christian churches to be found in every city of China, and all along the trade routes between China and the Middle East. There are numerous historians, even contemporary to the times as was Marco Polo, that testify of the Christian church existing throughout those lands from as early as the 7th century. It must be assumed that missionaries began their preaching of the gospel there much earlier. Those missionaries did not come from Rome. They originated in places like Antioch in Syria, Goa in India, and Bagdad in Persia. Please do not allow your prejudice against a particular church blind you to history that your own church attests to. Even the Pope himself in the times of the Mongolian empire used the Metropolitan of the church in Persia (at one time a brother to Kublai Khan, Hulagu Khan) as an intermediary to quell any ambitions of the Mongolian rulers from entering Europe.
You are so keen on exalting your own intellectual prowess by calling upon others to do their homework as if you are the epitome and fount of all knowledge, yet you repeatedly fail in that respect yourself.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sooooo, can you prove to me - from Scripture - where Scripture claims to be our Sole Authority?

I just proved to you - from Scripture - that the Church is our final Authority on earth (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18. Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).

.I have all day . . .

Yes I know that you believe the Roman Catholic Church is the final Authority and having worked in the Catholic education system I can see that it is up the creek without a paddle.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,@CoreIssue,

In Christ Jesus there are no divisions: the redeemed can rest content that they are ONE - in Him.

It is human reasoning that divides: also wrongly dividing the word of God, and imposing upon this present dispensation the practices of a dispensation that is passed.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Dave L

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I know that you believe the Roman Catholic Church is the final Authority and having worked in the Catholic education system I can see that it is up the creek without a paddle.
There is no such thing as the "Roman" Catholic Church.
Where do you get your information??