Do All Roads Lead To God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
All churches in the UK have a service of rememberance for fallen soldiers, originally it was for those who died in WW1 but in the alst 20 years it is for those who ahve died or lost loved once in all conflicts. It isn't really a national holiday as such becusd it is always on a sunday which is most people's day of anyway. Al Christian churches have their own services, usually in the church then they march to the Cenetaph (war memorials in the centre of most towns and villages for those who died in WW1 also known as the Great war). It is meant to be asolmn occaision but a lot of people turn out to watch the marching because there is usually the mayor, the senior police officers, the Scouts, the Territorial Army (a reserve force a bit like your National Guard), cadettes and sometimes Masons as well as veternas.

It is national but don't forget that in the UK "Officialy," chruch and state are not separate as they are in the USA so the Church of england is the religious arm of the state basically and other denominations follow suit.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is national but don't forget that in the UK "Officialy," chruch and state are not separate as they are in the USA so the Church of england is the religious arm of the state basically and other denominations follow suit.

I think that causes problems for the church. I also think that Anglicans have become really liberal over the past 30 years - it really is too bad.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Oh don't I knowit. It's because of political correctness and that is why so many leave to go to Rome. Remember though it is a national church because of what happened with Henry VIII not getting his divorce from Papa, if it wasn't for that we'd still be Catholics. remember also that English bishops have seats in the House of Lords, so they are peers of the realm. You don't have Bishops in the Senate do you?

Saying that, Anglcians in Africa arn't liberal at all but those conservative Anglcians in Britain and the USA (Episcopalians) are getting more and more sidelined because the church wants to do things like have women bishops and gay marriages. ECUSA ahs gay marriages but we don't yet which I suppose is a blessing. I'm not against women Bishops as such but I dislike the issue because it is causing schism.

Oh and here's a good one did you know that Rowan William; the Archbishop of Cantabury was once made a druid when he was Bishop of Monmouth by a Welsh Pagan group at a Pagan festival.

I do admire Archbishop Sentamu though; because he stands for social justice and he speaks out for so many dissaffected CHristians. I look up to him very much.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh don't I knowit. It's because of political correctness and that is why so many leave to go to Rome. Remember though it is a national church because of what happened with Henry VIII not getting his divorce from Papa, if it wasn't for that we'd still be Catholics. remember also that English bishops have seats in the House of Lords, so they are peers of the realm. You don't have Bishops in the Senate do you?

Saying that, Anglcians in Africa arn't liberal at all but those conservative Anglcians in Britain and the USA (Episcopalians) are getting more and more sidelined because the church wants to do things like have women bishops and gay marriages. ECUSA ahs gay marriages but we don't yet which I suppose is a blessing. I'm not against women Bishops as such but I dislike the issue because it is causing schism.

Oh and here's a good one did you know that Rowan William; the Archbishop of Cantabury was once made a druid when he was Bishop of Monmouth by a Welsh Pagan group at a Pagan festival.

I do admire Archbishop Sentamu though; because he stands for social justice and he speaks out for so many dissaffected CHristians. I look up to him very much.

Well, I am glad you have someone to look up to. I almost became Episcopalian, but it was too liberal - I decided to jump all the way into the pool and become Catholic.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Well I'm tempted, really tempted to go Catholic but I feel that I would be letting the side down and what my chruch needs is solidarity not people leaving because they don't like this or they don't like that. I know in the RCC thaere are liberals as well as conservatives but it is the conservatives who have the power whereas we're the other way round.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I'm tempted, really tempted to go Catholic but I feel that I would be letting the side down and what my chruch needs is solidarity not people leaving because they don't like this or they don't like that. I know in the RCC thaere are liberals as well as conservatives but it is the conservatives who have the power whereas we're the other way round.

Actually, some of the people are so liberal in the Catholic church that our liberal pope (actually, the last two) appear conservative! Both Popes were Vatican II architects and considered very liberal for their day. There are issues in the Catholic Church that need to be addressed that is for sure.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Hang on are you saying the Benedict is liberal? He often portrayed by the media as being conservative and is often accused of trying to undermine all the progress made at Vatican II.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hang on are you saying the Benedict is liberal? He often portrayed by the media as being conservative and is often accused of trying to undermine all the progress made at Vatican II.

He is a liberal for his day. I am sure he thinks Vatican II has gone too far. He also gets bad press because of his last position at the Vatican - he was the person who protected the faith from heresy and he excommunicated and censured several popular people and women priests

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
This might sound a bit stupid and I don't know if this is real but I once read somewhere that Mother Angelica had been excommunicated for claiming that God spoke directly through her. Is this true or a hoax?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This might sound a bit stupid and I don't know if this is real but I once read somewhere that Mother Angelica had been excommunicated for claiming that God spoke directly through her. Is this true or a hoax?

I doubt it, but who knows?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The inter-faith movement is a very dangerous movement for a believing Christian. The fear factor is with displeasing our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ for the Christian who falls away into that. Those who fall to that don't have a healthy fear of GOD and His Son.

No other Faith except Christianity preaches Salvation only through Christ crucified. That is per God's Holy Writ The Bible.

The bringing in of other faith systems into the Christian Churches today is about the New World Order movement in prep for the coming false messiah/antichrist.

There has to be some way for Satan's servants to bring in their fake and equally deceive all religious faiths at the same time. There's no other method in doing that except by the inter-faith movement of teaching that all religions lead to the same God.

Already the idea has begun today that a Bible believing Christian who keeps to Christ Jesus as the ONLY WAY of Salvation, with all other religions as false, is being compared to acts of racial discrimination.

I am proud to say it's holding to that specific belief that the Christian religion with Christ Jesus being the ONLY WAY of Salvation to The Father is going to single out Christ's true servants during the coming tribulation. I am proud to hold to that belief per God's Word, and will gladly go to the death for it if needs to be to serve The Lord Jesus Christ. All other religions can go jump a rope, as they will be like idols cast into the dirt when Christ does appear at His coming. We will see who has fear then.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
Jesus died for the sins of ALL people, not just sinners who call themselves Christians. Every single person who God created will get new immortal bodies in paradise and live forever.

Are you going to share your insights and answer religusnut's question?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
There wouldn't really be much theological differences that would make it difficult to go Catholic but I don't think the RCC would be too keen on me joining and still taking communion in my old Anglican Parish. They'd probably excommunicate me.

Did not the Anglicans express a desire to return to the Catholic faith? A Catholic has no problem taking holy communion in an Orthodox Church because the Orthodox Christians have kept all 7 sacraments. Do you keep the sacrament of the Eucharist? If you do, then it should not be a problem to take communion in your old Anglican Parish?

In Christ,
Selene

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every single person who God created will get new immortal bodies in paradise and live forever.

Really? What would you like to do with all of the Scripture that speaks of eternal punishment? For example:

Mat 25:46 . . .And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Well Brad, it would seem that not only do you deny the plenary inspiration of the Scriptures as seen in another thread, you are a universalist to boot. You also began a thread so full of error that I didn't know where to begin a response. How many other heresies are you going to inflict on this board?

John1

Nov 21, 2010
Nomad

Really? What would you like to do with all of the Scripture that speaks of eternal punishment? For example:

Maybe he is a Universalist

The NewGuy

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Nomad

Maybe he is a Universalist

The NewGuy

That is the tune that Universalists generally play.
Everybody is saved, they say. If so, then Jesus' death upon the cross is meaningless since according to Universalist dogma God loves all.

It doesn't really matter if this fellow is a card carrying member or not. The idea of universal love from God is the precursor to atheism.
The Great Marshmellow in the sky fiction leads to the attitude that the Almighty isn't worthy of a passing glance of respect and couldn't care anyway.

The fact, which lies before the eyes of any thinking person, is that the physical world teachs behaviour and consequences.

There is no difference between that and the consequences of eternal salvation and damnation; yet the secular world rejects both despite the fact that it lives neck deep in its own sewage.

Everybody is NOT saved, though we all need to be.

John1

Nov 21, 2010
It is just a lyric from a Christian singer named John Fischer

I think it holds some truth. Jesus is the only way to God, but Jesus reaches out to people in many different ways - some people even meet Him through non-Christian cultures and different religions.

I believe that this is a Theological view of the Wesleyan Church. They refer to it as prevenient Grace.

The NewGuy

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have some scriptures to show you what group of people I belong to. I'm not like you or any other Christians or other sinners of the world. . .

. . .I'm one of his chosen ones who he created with these following people called the prophets, saints and Jesus. These scriptures are from the Bible that you worship so if you reject them, then you are not of God, you are of your father, Satan.

Yeah, you know what Brad? I may have been created with the prophets as well because I predict that many here are going to begin ignoring your insulting, insane, heretical, incoherent posts. I honestly don't know how to even begin responding anymore to all of he nonsense you're spreading around this board. It's o.k. though. I'm more interested in challenging those heretics that appear to have at least a modicum of credibility. You know, the kind that may succeed in fooling believers. I don't think you have that problem. Thank God.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Universalism is a nice idea, Word, but it is simply not reality. Also, I've noticed that your posts usually include practically every verse in the Bible - as if you simply went to Biblegateway, plugged in a word and cut a pasted what you found here. I am sure some people love the idea of only answering questions with verses and cutting out any thought process - I just think it is terribly boring