Do All Roads Lead To God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

religusnut

Oct 19, 2010
There are even people out there today that say that there is no problem with being a Muslim and a Christian........ How do they come up with this?

Has Christianity as a whole become that deluded?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Yes, it has.

I am in Fargo, ND and we have local churches in the area that allow homosexuals to be pastors and they do not even have to promise to be celibate.

The simple truth is this:

"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
I know two peopel who are both Anglicans and Baptists. Funnily enough one of them belive in infant baptism adn the other in adult baptism.

I've often wondered about becoming Catholci but i don't want to leave the Church of England, so could I be both and visit each on alternate Sunday's

religusnut

Oct 19, 2010
Christian denominations normally have one or two non essentials that they disagree on a far as doctrine. However to embrace Islam and then claim Christianity is way over the top.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
There wouldn't really be much theological differences that would make it difficult to go Catholic but I don't think the RCC would be too keen on me joining and still taking communion in my old Anglican Parish. They'd probably excommunicate me.

No! you can't be a Muslima nd a Christian at the same time becuase of the conflicts. The only thing is that as they get deeper int heir Christian udnerstanding they might see why Islam is wrong and come to their sences. I one saw a documentary eyars ago, where there was a Muslim in India who said he believed Jesus Christ was the son of God, but he still lived and worshipped as a Muslim even though his belief was in conflict with Mohammed's teaching.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the only way; there is more than one way to Jesus......

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Don't be obtuse. Just tell me what all these different ways to Jesus are because I thought there was only one.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is just a lyric from a Christian singer named John Fischer

I think it holds some truth. Jesus is the only way to God, but Jesus reaches out to people in many different ways - some people even meet Him through non-Christian cultures and different religions.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
It is just a lyric from a Christian singer named John Fischer

I think it holds some truth. Jesus is the only way to God, but Jesus reaches out to people in many different ways - some people even meet Him through non-Christian cultures and different religions.

That's the inter-faith doctrine, which is a false doctrine, and contrary to The Word of God.

The idea that all religious paths lead to Christ Jesus is a bold-faced lie.

It is a lie from mystical fraternities like the Masons who teach that very idea. It is a lie among the inter-faith movement like the World Council of Churches, a United Nations organization. It is an idea from those on the "one world government" "New World Order" movement. It is a lie from false Jews who seek to destroy Christianity. It is a lie that has crept in some so-called Churches that are actually houses of vanity.

Christianity is about Christians, and to be a Christian means believing on Yahaveh through His Son The Saviour Jesus Christ, and not in any other.

Islamic belief does not recognize Jesus Christ as the Son of God and only Way to Salvation
Nor does Buddhism,
Nor does Hinduism,
Nor does the church of Satan,
Nor does Shintoism,
Nor does Confusciousim,
Nor does Taoism,
Nor does paganism,
Nor does the New Age movement,
Nor do voodists,
Nor do gnostics,
Nor do agnostics,
Nor do atheists,
Nor does any other religion or spiritual practice on earth recognize Christ Jesus as The Son of God and only Way of Salvation, except Christianity.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the inter-faith doctrine, which is a false doctrine, and contrary to The Word of God.

The idea that all religious paths lead to Christ Jesus is a bold-faced lie.

It is a lie from mystical fraternities like the Masons who teach that very idea. It is a lie among the inter-faith movement like the World Council of Churches, a United Nations organization. It is an idea from those on the "one world government" "New World Order" movement. It is a lie from false Jews who seek to destroy Christianity. It is a lie that has crept in some so-called Churches that are actually houses of vanity.

Christianity is about Christians, and to be a Christian means believing on Yahaveh through His Son The Saviour Jesus Christ, and not in any other.

Islamic belief does not recognize Jesus Christ as the Son of God and only Way to Salvation
Nor does Buddhism,
Nor does Hinduism,
Nor does the church of Satan,
Nor does Shintoism,
Nor does Confusciousim,
Nor does Taoism,
Nor does paganism,
Nor does the New Age movement,
Nor do voodists,
Nor do gnostics,
Nor do agnostics,
Nor do atheists,
Nor does any other religion or spiritual practice on earth recognize Christ Jesus as The Son of God and only Way of Salvation, except Christianity.

Hmm........this post has fear and anger written all over it.

Did I say that a Buddhist is redeemed and going to Heaven without Jesus?
A Hindu?
A Satanist?
A Shintoist?
A Confusciousist?
A Pagan?
A Toaist?
A New Ager?
A Voodooist?
A Gnostic?
An Agnostic?
An Atheists?
A One-Worlder?
A False Jew (whatever that means)
A Mason?

Nope. What I said was all of these people are on different roads which lead to Jesus - just like I was when I was an agnostic, consumeristic, American. Thank God there is more than one way to Jesus or we would be all in trouble.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
If all paths lead to God you would think he would have said so himself. It would sure eliminate a lot of religious squabble.

If all paths lead to God , tell Jesus he made a big and unnecessary mistake being crucified.

Old testament people had all kinds of Gods. Why did the God of Israel tell them they were evil and detestable.

On and on and on .............

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If all paths lead to God you would think he would have said so himself. It would sure eliminate a lot of religious squabble.

If all paths do not lead to Jesus (I never said God the Father - Jesus is the only way to reconciliation between us and God the Father), then none of us would be able to recognize Him when He reaches out to us. God uses His entire Creation to get our attention - thankfully! because I would have never walked into a church or listened to a traditional Christian pastor.

If all paths lead to God , tell Jesus he made a big and unnecessary mistake being crucified.

I agree.

Old testament people had all kinds of Gods. Why did the God of Israel tell them they were evil and detestable.

Because Jewish identity was a huge part of His plan for humanity - other gods represented foreign cultures, which threatened Jewish culture. Not to mention that they were made out of wood, stone or precious metal - they were not real and they gave other cultures an excuse for sin.

1. God used the Jewish people to introduce the law
2. The Savior of the world was given to us from the Jewish people
3. God loves the Jewish people - He has a covenant with them

Peace

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
He did have a covenant with them but Paul tells us in Romans that Jewishness doesn't count for anything anymore.

I've alwasy been puzzled as to why the Jews were God's chosen people, but they were and they were given the law. Many other peoples usd the Jeish law includin gthe Ethiopians. Remembers, the Ethiopian that was reading Isaiah adn Phillip was able to explain it to him adn ten came to Baptize him which started off the Ethiopian church. This is just one example of a people who had admired the Jewish laws but being gentiles were seen as outsiders. With Christ no-one need be an outsider and the whole idea of chosen peoples whoa re privilaged above others is totally redundant as St Paul pointed out in Romans.

Mo doubt about it only one path to God. "No-one comes to the father except through Me," If that isn't plain enough for people to understand then I don't know what is.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He did have a covenant with them but Paul tells us in Romans that Jewishness doesn't count for anything anymore.

But Jesus tells us in Mathew that Pharisees are good at teaching the law, but not good at following it. They are good teachers, but hypocrites.

I've always been puzzled as to why the Jews were God's chosen people, but they were and they were given the law.

Somebody had to receive it for all of our sakes.

Many other peoples usd the Jewish law including the Ethiopians. Remembers, the Ethiopian that was reading Isaiah and Phillip was able to explain it to him and ten came to Baptize him which started off the Ethiopian church. This is just one example of a people who had admired the Jewish laws but being gentiles were seen as outsiders. With Christ no-one need be an outsider and the whole idea of chosen peoples whoa re privilaged above others is totally redundant as St Paul pointed out in Romans.

True

No doubt about it only one path to God. "No-one comes to the father except through Me," If that isn't plain enough for people to understand then I don't know what is

I agree, but there is more than one way to Jesus - Jesus meets people where they are at and leads them to God.

religusnut

Oct 19, 2010
Hmm........this post has fear and anger written all over it.

Did I say that a Buddhist is redeemed and going to Heaven without Jesus?
A Hindu?
A Satanist?
A Shintoist?
A Confusciousist?
A Pagan?
A Toaist?
A New Ager?
A Voodooist?
A Gnostic?
An Agnostic?
An Atheists?
A One-Worlder?
A False Jew (whatever that means)
A Mason?

Nope. What I said was all of these people are on different roads which lead to Jesus - just like I was when I was an agnostic, consumeristic, American. Thank God there is more than one way to Jesus or we would be all in trouble.

Don't you just love how Liberals use the words, fear, anger and oh don't for get hate.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Don't talk to me about Liberals

Are you all familar with Rememberance Day, it is the British equivelant of your Veteran's Daqy. I went to a big Church service in the centre of town that day isntead of my own church becasue friends of mine were marching in the parade and laying wreaths. Anyway, the church service was led by both Anglcian and methodist clergy and it was a typical service for that day until one of the ministers said at the end, "and that concludes the Christian part of the service and now I will hand you over to Iman Shake Mohhamed blah blah blah who will lead us in Muslim prayers." Alarm bells went off in my head and had I not been hemmed in by the est of the congregation in my pew I would have bolted. As far as I know this Iman was the only Muslim there so why did we have to put up with Muslim prayers?

Answer political correctness gone mad.

Woudl anyone say that having a Muslim praying for peace in a christian church on a Christian day of rememberance would be a slur on all those who have laid down their lives in the wars of Iraq and Afganistan?

sorry about the rant but you can see why it makes me mad, right?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't talk to me about Liberals

Are you all familar with Rememberance Day, it is the British equivelant of your Veteran's Daqy. I went to a big Church service in the centre of town that day isntead of my own church becasue friends of mine were marching in the parade and laying wreaths. Anyway, the church service was led by both Anglcian and methodist clergy and it was a typical service for that day until one of the ministers said at the end, "and that concludes the Christian part of the service and now I will hand you over to Iman Shake Mohhamed blah blah blah who will lead us in Muslim prayers." Alarm bells went off in my head and had I not been hemmed in by the est of the congregation in my pew I would have bolted. As far as I know this Iman was the only Muslim there so why did we have to put up with Muslim prayers?

Answer political correctness gone mad.

Woudl anyone say that having a Muslim praying for peace in a christian church on a Christian day of rememberance would be a slur on all those who have laid down their lives in the wars of Iraq and Afganistan?

sorry about the rant but you can see why it makes me mad, right?

Yeah...I am not in favor of mixing prayers from different religions if the service is in a Christian church. But why did they choose to have a National holiday celebrated in a Christian Church? Just wondering