Do Dogs Have Souls ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalms 49
[sup]5 [/sup]Why should I fear in the days of evil,
When the iniquity at my heels surrounds me?
[sup]6 [/sup]Those who trust in their wealth
And boast in the multitude of their riches,
[sup]7 [/sup]None of them can by any means redeem his brother,
Nor give to God a ransom for him—
[sup]8 [/sup]For the redemption of their souls is costly,
And it shall cease forever—
[sup]9 [/sup]That he should continue to live eternally,
And not see the Pit.

[sup]10 [/sup]For he sees wise men die;
Likewise the fool and the senseless person perish,
And leave their wealth to others.
[sup]11 [/sup]Their inner thought is that their houses will last forever,
Their dwelling places to all generations;
They call their lands after their own names.
[sup]12 [/sup]Nevertheless man, though in honor, does not remain;
He is like the beasts that perish.

I think YOUR attention should be directed toward YOUR adversary.

Too busy focusing on Jesus. My adversary in the Old Man Jesus is helping me overthrown - it is His grace that saves. I believe you are the person who decided to engage with me in the first place, btw.

PropphecyStudent

Jan 6, 2012
We know that our animal friends have feelings... but does that mean that they have souls ? Are there animals in Heaven ?

Psalms 49
And not see the Pit.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I accept your apology, Prophecystudent

PropphecyStudent

Jan 6, 2012
I accept your apology, Prophecystudent

That the second thing you misunderstood. The first was your adversary:

Psalms 49
And not see the Pit.

... and you're welcome. :)

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Animals do not go to Heaven at all. as they can't. as they do not have a rational Sole.
Jesus Christ only came to save people only, as his name is Emmanuel.
A cat would need a saviour ? maybe puss in boots, now come on now.
I find this stuff insulting as the fact is we will not have our bodies in heaven.
Do you know who Jesus Christ is ? does your cat ?

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
I started thinking about this question again in the wake of the death of my niece's dog Simba.Our family is so broken hearted and I can't imagine that he won't be in Heaven...the very thought of that is hard to bear right now. Thank you all for your prayers.

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
Animals do not go to Heaven at all. as they can't. as they do not have a rational Sole.
Jesus Christ only came to save people only, as his name is Emmanuel.
A cat would need a saviour ? maybe puss in boots, now come on now.
I find this stuff insulting as the fact is we will not have our bodies in heaven.
Do you know who Jesus Christ is ? does your cat ?

And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

Define creature -

Oh, I know, it's like the ones in heaven -

6 Before the throne there was a sea of glass, like crystal. And in the midst of the throne, and around the throne, were four living creatures full of eyes in front and in back. 7 The first living creature was like a lion, the second living creature like a calf, the third living creature had a face like a man, and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle. 8 The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying: "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come!" 9 Whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever,

Never mind, I found it in scripture.

Thanks, JLB

bytheway

Jan 1, 2008
What I know for sure about dogs is they can teach a person many things. Forgivness, Loyalty, Love, Trust, Faithfulness.......can't do that without a soul.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We know that our animal friends have feelings... but does that mean that they have souls ? Are there animals in Heaven ?

Dogs have a very limited soul. They are unable to contain spiritual things. So that is why those who are so limited among men are referred to as dogs...in the sense of not being able to grasp higher things.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
This is NOT scriptural or even based on scripture.....but I wish it was.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

acebopata

May 19, 2012
On God's blue marble, Earth.
I think Anamals do go to heaven when they die, but exactly how it works, I have no idea.

Then again, I've even asked myself if Bacterea have souls, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do. Anything is possable with such an amazing God!

bytheway

Jan 1, 2008

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Author unknown...

Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who Love Him.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA

Author unknown...

THAT IS SOOOO BEAUTIFUL...THANK YOU FOR SHARING IT

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a special love for my dogs and I hope I can spend eternity with them.

I think they are saints because they act according their design - they are not double-minded (in fact, often they are not 'minded' at all)

grandma dolittle

May 23, 2012
Missouri
Psalms 49
And not see the Pit.

Why do YOU credit others for YOUR "interpretation" of Scripture? YOU seem quite certain that there's a gap between what God intended and the prophets wrote, and of course YOU'RE here to clarify/correct/cancel/create new understandings which apparently defy existing dictionary definitions of words employed, and contextual boundries.

Jesus only did as He received from the Father, but he also said "greater things shall ye do". I just didn't expect in would be manifest here in this Forum under YOUR Authorship. Wow, -- I'm impressed!

Change#1 From: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Change#1 To: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Change#2 From: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Change#2 To: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Change#3 From: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Change#3 To: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Change#4 From: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Change#4 To: xxxxxxxxxxxx

etc.

And please provide YOUR authority (job title), initials.

Please.... insulting each other is not a Christian attitude. Perhaps a little respect for another's views and responding with love will go a long way.

Aspen,<br />
I have a little dog, a cat. I love my little dog very much and his father to. But, I lost Buddy (the daddy) last December. He was a very special dog and my constant companion. It hurt to loose him and I was sadden and miss him very much.&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes, Buddy had a heart, he loved me and was protective of me, but I know he didn&#39;t have a soul because God made man in his likeness(not a monkey!) and gave him dominion over animals. I had a hen who followed me everywhere I went in the yard. She woke me every morning crowing, Honestly! she crowed wanting me to feed her. She would sit by me on the steps and cluck to me when I talked to her. Roberta was special and I was very fond of her. One morning there was no crowing and all we found of her was feathers. I still miss my feathered friend, but I know she had no soul.<br />