Do Dogs Have Souls ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fact is Dogs don't go to heaven. got it ! they do not and the fact is one should not let people believe such nonsense.

We have idiots in aus that go to extreme lengths with pampering their dogs and it's sickening to see such rubbish as they are putting a dog in the same category as a human if not more so. and when talking to some of them they are creepy self centered looneys.

And i can speak from experience with a love for ones pets.

You are trying to push more bull again mate, give it a rest. as the Christian God is not the flying spaghetti monster, some try to make out. and most poor clowns believe it to be something like that.

Based on what evidence? According to the book of Revelation, there are all kinds of different creatures in Heaven - why not dogs? Are you claiming that it is wrong to hope for our pets to be in Heaven?

kay-gee

Oct 23, 2009
I do find it a trifle unsettling that some put such an emphasis on this sort of thing. We know for certain from the Bible that we will be "without" unsaved spouses, children, parents, friends and that every tear is wiped away and all things made new, and yet many think heaven will be a sore dissapointment if there cat or dog is not there!

all the best...

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
I do find it a trifle unsettling that some put such an emphasis on this sort of thing. We know for certain from the Bible that we will be "without" unsaved spouses, children, parents, friends and that every tear is wiped away and all things made new, and yet many think heaven will be a sore dissapointment if there cat or dog is not there!

all the best...

That could be because sometimes those people bring us nothing but pain and misery and it's hard to wish for pain and misery as a companion...all in all it is a useless arguement i agree,but not one totaly devoid of reason.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have heard of a guy who had a vision of the new jerusulem and went there in person and told what he saw. it was amazing. also he saw his dog there too and it could talk to him and it remembered him. the relationship was not the same as it is on earth but different somehow. i prefer to believe that our pets will be with us throughout eternity. according to the word we are limited by our imaginations. i prefer to believe for the best since God is a God of hope and not despair.

i hope this helps
God bless

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for the record, I hope I get to see all people, fully redeemed, in Heaven. I also hope all pets will be there too.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Do dogs have souls?

No!

That doesn't mean that they don't ahve feelings or emotions but they are not like humans. We are the crown of creation and are the ones in which were created to be close to God. Technically we are higher than angels but original sin has brought us down a notch.

What happens to an animal when it dies?
It dies and rots and that's that. No doggie heaven, no doggie Hell like in "All dogs go t Heaven." They die and that's the end of it.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
Do dogs have souls?

No!

That doesn't mean that they don't ahve feelings or emotions but they are not like humans. We are the crown of creation and are the ones in which were created to be close to God. Technically we are higher than angels but original sin has brought us down a notch.

What happens to an animal when it dies?
It dies and rots and that's that. No doggie heaven, no doggie Hell like in "All dogs go t Heaven." They die and that's the end of it.
It is true that animals are not spirit beings like we are, but they do have souls ( emotions, thought, and will ) which makes me think that they will be in Heaven.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Christian definition of soul is our whole being. Plato' definition of soul is spirit.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Actually, one thing need to know is: What is the distinction betwen soul and spirit? I'm asking this because I thought they were interchangeable.

What I reckon is that animals have soemthing like a soul or a spirit but when they die it dies with them.

I can imagine that there are animals in Heaven but surely they are ones that were put there by God, rather than ones that ahve died and gone their.

Anyway, how can they go to heaven? They can't believe in jesus but on the other hand , they did not disobey God as we did. What animals do is act accoridng to their nature, they are not good or bad. So that when someone has a "Good dog," it is jsut a result of the nature of the dog and it's training. Traina dog to be obediant and affectionate and it will be but train a dog to be mean and it will be. Now speaking of mean, what about Hell for animals?

The thing is, we just don';t know but its a lot less compicated to assume they just die and rot and that's that.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, one thing need to know is: What is the distinction betwen soul and spirit? I'm asking this because I thought they were interchangeable.

One again, the term 'soul' in a Jewish, Christian context means 'whole person' - the word 'spirit' in a Christian context is part of the every soul or person. The reason we use the word soul and spirit interchangeably today is because Plato used the word soul to mean spirit. Neoplatonism has influenced Christian thought.

What I reckon is that animals have soemthing like a soul or a spirit but when they die it dies with them.

I can imagine that there are animals in Heaven but surely they are ones that were put there by God, rather than ones that ahve died and gone their.

Anyway, how can they go to heaven? They can't believe in jesus but on the other hand , they did not disobey God as we did. What animals do is act accoridng to their nature, they are not good or bad. So that when someone has a "Good dog," it is jsut a result of the nature of the dog and it's training. Traina dog to be obediant and affectionate and it will be but train a dog to be mean and it will be. Now speaking of mean, what about Hell for animals?

Animals did not Fall. They are acting as they were created to act. There is no reason for them to go to Hell because they are in perfect obedience to God.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
I ocne read Cole's commentary on Mark's Gospel on Jesus' temptation in the wilderness. It said that the wild beasts were not in obediance to God because they were not in obediance to Adam. Wild Beasts were therefore linked with rebellion agaisnt both God and Man because they were not tame, whereas domestic animals had submitted to Adam.

I jsut think there would have to be a balence, so if animals can enter Heaven then it stands to reason that they couldenter Helll also, since that balence exists with humans.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
The human spirit is that part of man where God comes to dwell after the new birth. It is the new man of the heart that is connected to God through our acceptance of Christ. It is the place where God communicates with us. The soul is the emotions, the mind, and will of man and was not saved at the new birth. We have to renew our minds according to the Word of God. People do use these two words interchangebly, but they really are two distinct entities.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The human spirit is that part of man where God comes to dwell after the new birth. It is the new man of the heart that is connected to God through our acceptance of Christ. It is the place where God communicates with us. The soul is the emotions, the mind, and will of man and was not saved at the new birth. We have to renew our minds according to the Word of God. People do use these two words interchangebly, but they really are two distinct entities.

Where are you getting this idea?

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
We are not born with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. The Catechism of the Catholic Church states, "The human body shares in the dignity of ‘the image of God’: it is a human body precisely because it is animated by a spiritual soul, and it is the whole human person that is intended to become, in the body of Christ, a temple of the Spirit" (CCC 364, emphasis added).
In speaking of baptismal birth: "Baptism not only purifies from all sins, but also makes the neophyte ‘a new creature,’ an adopted son of God, who has become . . . a temple of the Holy Spirit" (CCC 1265).

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Based on what evidence? According to the book of Revelation, there are all kinds of different creatures in Heaven - why not dogs? Are you claiming that it is wrong to hope for our pets to be in Heaven?
Aspen i thought you would know better.
The fact is "Jesus Christ " came to save us ! and we need a saviour.
Dogs etc has nothing to do with salvation at all.

layhoma

May 23, 2012
Hong Kong
Why don't we all just be a little more patient and find out. According to signs of Bible prophesy of end time, we are almost there.

:rolleyes: