Do Men Have Authority Over Women?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forget I know Calvinists. Just the status Quo for them. Women should know their place....right!!!
There are gender roles. That is what Scripture says. That does not equate hating women. For example, I have no issue with women politicians. I do have an issue with women pastors. I have no issue with women CEOs. I do have an issue with a woman (not a single mom though) running a household. See the differences?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are gender roles. That is what Scripture says. That does not equate hating women. For example, I have no issue with women politicians. I do have an issue with women pastors. I have no issue with women CEOs. I do have an issue with a woman (not a single mom though) running a household. See the differences?

I commend you for cutting them slack for things you cannot control.
Cause the Bible says so....
The Bible only people, like I said I obviously love'em. I even love a few Calvinists. LOL
But there is humor involved with this, ya know......
They are really not Bible only....they do not follow their own rules. I am not condemning them I find it humorous.
A lot of time has passed since the close of the biblical era.
Human curiosity over the centuries.....they peek over that theological Bible only fence and see things they like and they reach over and grab it and pull it back over the fence and say, It was always this way!

You do not own slaves do you? After the biblical era the Holy Spirit taught Christians that slavery was a bad thing! Took them a while to learn that one.

They peaked over the fence and saw some performing these beautiful weddings and they thought, That should be a Christian ceremony. So they reached over and grabbed it and drug it over the fence and say, It was always this way. LOL Nowhere in the Bible, Old or New Testament is there a requirement for a wedding ceremonies to be married. And the funny thing! It was the Protestants that first made wedding ceremonies a requirement to be married. It is one of the reasons that the word fornication is not actually in the scriptures, it a theological scam word. All through the Bible, two unmarried people having sex was how they formed a marriage. LOL Read how God described it in Genesis. What He instituted is not a sin.

A lot of good things on the other side of that fence that the Holy Spirit taught us.

Christians practiced polygamous for a few centuries after the biblical era....the Jews practice it for another 1000 years. And the funny thing here is that it was the Gentile-Christians that stopped it. It is a long story but they thought it was disgusting! Even though there is no biblical moratorium on polygamy. So they peek over the fence and agree and pull it over the fence and say, Christians always believed polygamy was horrible! Cause we are Bible only!

Now dating is a modern custom.....that followed the middle ages practice of courtship....but not until the Catholics decreed that women had the right to pick their own husbands....until then fathers followed the Old Testament custom of picking their daughter's husband.

Now sometimes they look over the fence and see things they do not like.....women's rights!....science!....Education LOL I have had more than one Calvinist tell me that young ladies should not go to college. Cooking and cleaning and child bearing is their place. LOL In this case the Holy Spirit is dragging them kicking and screaming over the fence in this direction.

I love humor!

Last edited: