Do Men Have Authority Over Women?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
proof is what is required for law and courts, huh
see but it takes no proof to see how you feel on the matter, and i think that is what should be believed

there are no…male and female in the kingdom suggests to me that if one does not change their thinking, no kingdom

There is neither male nor female in Christ Jesus. "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28

Reactions: Rita

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He quoted parts of Scripture that were not quotes of God. He obviously thought more than just the direct quotes of God were Scripture.

Examples:

Matthew 4:4
Matthew 4:10
Luke 4:17-19
Matthew 9:13

I could keep going but you get the idea.
Well, yes, the Bible is a dependable witness to events. I take that on faith.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
There is neither male nor female in Christ Jesus. "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28
so then if one does not change their thinking, no Christ
i really dont see much diff tbh

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are all over the place Bob. Here is the bottom line, you are a heretic who does not believe the Bible. Plain and simple. I will have nothing further to do with you.
No, I'm not.
1. We are bound to obey everything God and Jesus are quoted as saying.
2. The Bible is an accurate witness to the events it describes.
3. The epistle writers aren't perfect, but we can learn a lot from them.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Adam had authority over Eve back in the day. He was given the command about the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden, even before Eve was created. It was his responsibilty to take care of her. He didn't take care of her very well and he inadvertently fell when she was deceived by the serpent and the world is still paying for it today. The question should be, "Should men and Women submit to the authority of God?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Adam had authority over Eve back in the day. He was given the command about the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden, even before Eve was created. It was his responsibilty to take care of her. He didn't take care of her very well and he inadvertently fell when she was deceived by the serpent and the world is still paying for it oday. The question should be, "Should men and Women submit to the authority of God?

Nice going, changing the topic!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
but dont get me wrong ok, matriarchy i am not interested in, so much as males growing up already, and not acting like menstruating “women,” a la Trump etc

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh sorry @reformed1689. I was reading the title and thought that the thread was about the title...:)

I will apologize for reform....LOL....He is Calvinist and has no respect for women. If you notice, no Calvinist women on the forum. A female mod....LOL...If he had it his way he would silence you too.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Angelina