• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you personally support Russia's invasion of Ukraine? Why or why not?

• Total voters

snowballsfriend

Mar 15, 2023
Delhi Ontario Canada
josephsdailywalkwithjesus.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I mean, guys, honestly, I'm quite curious, I've seen quite a few posts who say that Putin is some kind of misunderstood Christian hero trying to save "European civilization" or something...that Russia is on the so-called "right side", and America, NATO and Ukraine are the true "bad guys" in this whole scenario.

Is this really the most popular view here these days?

I usually try very hard to keep an open mind, to listen to people from different perspectives and parties. But I don't understand why some Christians living in the West still think that Putin is some kind of perfect hero. Just because we don't really like Biden doesn't mean that we should be cheering Putin, for that matter. Can anyone help explain this feeling to me please?

The war was started because the U.S. reneged on their agreement not to try to get Ukraine in NATO nor to set up biological weapons there.
Remember what happened when Russia put nuclear weapons in Cuba? That is kinda what the U.S. tried to do in Russia.
The other thing is that Russia and China want to get off of the petrol dollar. That is why they had the war in Iraq and took out Kaddafi. Now they want to destroy Russia so they cannot get off of the slavery of the petrol dollar.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The war was started because the U.S. reneged on their agreement not to try to get Ukraine in NATO nor to set up biological weapons there.
Remember what happened when Russia put nuclear weapons in Cuba? That is kinda what the U.S. tried to do in Russia.
The other thing is that Russia and China want to get off of the petrol dollar. That is why they had the war in Iraq and took out Kaddafi. Now they want to destroy Russia so they cannot get off of the slavery of the petrol dollar.

Neither the USA nor Russia's foreign policy for the past several decades has been great, both countries have indeed made terrible mistakes.

But I cannot blame the other Europeans for fearing Russia right now. Let's not forget that lots of survivors of Communist atrocities are STILL ALIVE today and well remember everything the Soviets did to their families. :(

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wicked men shall do what they will to do. And I have no say in it.

It's America's proxy war against Russia . Without openly declaring war on Russia while giving military arms and monies to Ukraine to fight the bear.

Anyone heard China is selling its U. S debt?
Japan holds the most of U.S debt, China is second.

Reactions: Scott Downey

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But I cannot blame the other Europeans for fearing Russia right now. Let's not forget that lots of survivors of Communist atrocities are STILL ALIVE today and well remember everything the Soviets did to their families.
Ever since the annexation of Crimea, the European nations should have woken up and stopped pretending that they had nothing to worry about, therefore they should let illegal migrants flood their countries and damage them. Secondly, they should have also realized that when push came to shove the United States would do absolutely nothing for Europe.

They all could have joined together to establish a European Defense Alliance and ignored NATO altogether. They all could have decided that Russia would always be the Russian bear, and a proper defense policy would mean that they should have a defensive barrier all along the western border of Russia. Russia would have respected that.

Instead of acting like grownups who know what is at stake, they played their stupid political European Union games to destroy their own countries from within. Now Macron in France is singlehandedly destroying France for the sake of his own ego, while Biden and Trudeau do the same thing to their countries. All these men should be arrested and locked up. Actually a firing squad would be quite reasonable.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean, guys, honestly, I'm quite curious, I've seen quite a few posts who say that Putin is some kind of misunderstood Christian hero trying to save "European civilization" or something...that Russia is on the so-called "right side", and America, NATO and Ukraine are the true "bad guys" in this whole scenario.

I usually try very hard to keep an open mind, to listen to people from different perspectives and parties. But I don't understand why some Christians living in the West still think that Putin is some kind of perfect hero. Just because we don't really like Biden doesn't mean that we should be cheering Putin, for that matter. Can anyone help explain this feeling to me please?

I don't think God supports war. As he said the master of this earth is going to replace me. And he was talking about men in power. But there is something seriously evil at work in the public media and schools in the USA. whoredoms are replacing dignities.

Reactions: Wrangler

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are only seeing what the media and democrats (Biden) is letting out and not considering the corruption that the Biden family has been involved in over there. It's all a cover up. Meanwhile, Putin has declared war on what has been going on there on his border. Follow the money--the Biden's are implicated.

Last edited:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are only seeing what the media and democrats (Biden) is letting out, and not considering the the corruption that the Biden family has been involved in over there. It's all a cover up. Meanwhile, Putin has declared war on what has been going on there on his border. Follow the money--the Biden's are implicated.
Absolutely, Biden has gotten rich off Ukraine and China. The guy is a total walking disaster yet is propped up by the powers that be. I feel like this is the captivity of the White House under an evil entity-entities.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
How do you think the Ukraine war should be realistically ended then? I do agree that our government has a problem with corruption and elitism.

It could have been prevented in Late FEBRUARY 2022.

But Zelensky would not agree to allow the Donbass area to become independent, even tho is mostly Russian.

He said. in Feb 2022.....

I will never ......."swap land for peace"......

He didnt, and now you see what has become of the Ukraine a year later.

How to stop that?
It'll stop When Putin has a Government installed there that is not anti-Russian, is how it will stop, unless Zelensky uses US/Nato weapons to bomb Russia.
In that case, Putin will see that as "they fired the Gun but America gave them the gun and the ammo", and He will hit the USA or a Nato Ally

Thing is, now that we know that the USA/Nato is sending in troops to fight with Russians, while China is sending arms to aid Russia......this is just one of those never ending situations that invites escalation into something far more reaching across world wide borders.

And what is more...
All of this is an attention grab, so that the world is not aware that China-Russia-Iran have armed the Lebanon and Syrian border with rockets that are pointed at Israel.
You wont hear that on CNN, but its ready to go.

Reactions: Scott Downey

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Edmund Burke didn't say that. Google it yourself.
What the Whig party member did say was, “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.”

You falsely claimed the other quote doesn't appear in the Bible or anywhere else.
That's not true.

Proverbs 24 is similar in nature.

And of course that Burke attributed quote appears in the record of American history as something 1960's President Kennedy cited in a speech.

The variant of the original quote by Burke makes more sense.