Do Not Worry

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For this verse can come in handy for those like me who might be worrying about something. In my case, it's about whether or not my Rock God story series will be a success.

Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with Thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello April,

Just felt like sharing ; it is very long my apologizes.
It's about trusting and relying on God.

The Lord Jesus Christ was talking to His disciples.

And He spoke to them; in Matthew 6

25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?

26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

Verse 27: Stature means: Life. How can a person by worrying add one hour to his life?

28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin;

verse 28: Why do you worry about clothing? Jesus Christ ask.

Consider all the lilies of the field ; all of the flowers in the field they bloom so beautifully;

Consider how the lilies of the field never toil (labor), or spin;​

29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Verse 29: Jesus said to His disciples: I say to you that even King Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these flowers out in the field which are beautiful when they bloom.​

30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

Verse 30: He goes on to say: Now if God so clothes (allows the grass, flowers to bloom, created the earth) ~ which today is; grown but tomorrow is thrown into the oven ~ which means even the lilies can be burned up, just as King Solomon who has has passed away.

Why would not God take care of you, and clothe you in his love, and comfort by faith in trusting Him and living in relationship with God, and the Lord Jesus Christ living through you.​

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’

Verse 31: All people will need something to eat, something to drink, and will have some form of clothing, some are without, some are with, many people do many things in life.​

32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.

Verse 32: After all these things the Gentiles (seek) worldly wisdom.

Your heavenly Father know that you need all these things ~ God knows you need to eat, drink, and to be clothed in the Lord Jesus Christ in the believers life by faith.​

33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Verse 33: Seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you ` being clothed in Christ Jesus, as a new creation, and renewed heart, and mind and trusting and being dependent on God.​

34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Verse 34: One day at a time.​