Do unitarians go to hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God showed us all through his word so your denial means either you haven't read the entire scripture or you are not being truthful. I will recap God's inspired words to remind you of what they said;

There is a third alternative. I did read it all the scripture. I still did not understand your question or even for certain what your question was. I was not disagreeing; I was not understanding. I really did not know what you were talking about and yet instead of trying to explain you forged ahead. I know that at times I am dense. I am afraid that you are not helping at all.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...
Gen 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Gen 2:22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Gen 5:1 ...In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; 2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Mark 10:6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 7For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

Can you answer the question now?[/QUOTE]

And one more time the question is? You quoted several verses and apparently have drawn a conclusion or are asking a question about the verses. I still don't know your question.

Is this it? "what does God say that their image is"

If I am now correct on what your question is I would now guess that your point is that God is a twoness rather than a oneness or a threeness. I have already leaned toward that understanding for years but I am afraid your way of explaining or asking questions is confusing to me.

I am sorry to have misunderstood, but that is the way I sometimes am.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God showed us all through his word so your denial means either you haven't read the entire scripture or you are not being truthful. I will recap God's inspired words to remind you of what they said;

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...
Gen 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Gen 2:22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Gen 5:1 ...In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; 2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Mark 10:6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 7For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

Can you answer the question now?
I did answer finally what I guessed was your question just a few minutes ago. I guess the post with my answer was lost in the system here somehow. My mind is misfiring so I will take a break...

Oh, so now my response shows up again. God help me with this system and keep me calm.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
giAzYyJ.jpg
Your explanation were very clear. Thank you!

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a third alternative. I did read it all the scripture. I still did not understand your question or even for certain what your question was. I was not disagreeing; I was not understanding. I really did not know what you were talking about and yet instead of trying to explain you forged ahead. I know that at times I am dense. I am afraid that you are not helping at all.

In your post #128 you quoted my question;
"So it would appear that it has unfolded as much as it can. You have had a bit to think on the post so, what have you concluded?
If I were to ask you "what does God say that their image is" what would be your reply?"

How could I have been more clear about what the question was? <---- Question

Here again in post #134 to you I state in clear english;
"This is a no logic required answer. How many beings did God show and state were their image. It's quite a simple answer since God patented their image right from the beginning."

P.S.
Note that if you are replying to a thread and you actually reply to a post directed at another person then it would be presumed that you have read and followed the conversation to the point where you feel you could add something to it and make a difference. If you did not have a clear understanding of what was being discussed then you should have read back further before replying otherwise I can do no more than assume that you comprehend the points of the discussion in play.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I did answer finally what I guessed was your question just a few minutes ago. I guess the post with my answer was lost in the system here somehow. My mind is misfiring so I will take a break...

Oh, so now my response shows up again. God help me with this system and keep me calm.
ya, the software is whacking out for me too, prolly about to crash imo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I already knew of the scripture you might have referred to, and it says nothing about suspending the use of the brain God gave in the thing you claim to believe in.
i would agree, but the passage obviously means to point to something, and fwiw we are trained to think logically--iow quite likely "by the world"--it is called "western thought," as opposed to "eastern thought," which is a different process entirely

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If you have to suspend logic when having a discussion, or a debate with a nonbeliever, then that means you can't even explain it to them.
you may have come up with a logical explanation for "hate your life" and "deny yourself," and i would likely even agree with them, but wouldn't they be nonsense to a nonbeliever?

this might also be approached by seeing that faith comes from God, right, but who needs faith if you have a logical explanation for your belief?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In your post #128 you quoted my question;
"So it would appear that it has unfolded as much as it can. You have had a bit to think on the post so, what have you concluded?
If I were to ask you "what does God say that their image is" what would be your reply?"

How could I have been more clear about what the question was? <---- Question

Maybe it wasn't possible. Sometimes I am dense on my own. Sometimes, maybe God makes me that way for His own reason. Sorry if it disturbed you.

P.S.
Note that if you are replying to a thread and you actually reply to a post directed at another person then it would be presumed that you have read and followed the conversation to the point where you feel you could add something to it and make a difference. If you did not have a clear understanding of what was being discussed then you should have read back further before replying otherwise I can do no more than assume that you comprehend the points of the discussion in play.
Actually, I read back through all of your posts on this thread before I began to understand what you were saying and asking. My initial words with regard to the other person's conclusion, or lack thereof, had little or nothing directly to do with what your question was. Just as you went over my head, perhaps I also went over yours.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, just a possibly inspired guess, i dunno. Fits better than a lot of other theories i guess
Sometimes such answers are very good, as God saw that everything was "very good". Even people may sometimes think that is all like mathematics, probably it is not.

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya, the software is whacking out for me too, prolly about to crash imo
Let us hope not. On lengthy threads with very closely posted posts it is sometimes difficult enough to keep track of what people saying without the software going softer [or should I have said "harder"] on us as well.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Most believers will spew that "they are saved" yet can't even explain what being saved actually means.
hey, "believers," yikes, whaddayagonnado, right. So i'm curious now, if these believers don't get you, why even bother with unbelievers, i mean logically it would seem like these believers are a better audience maybe?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No, unitarians are going to hell.
ha, so if you were Moses, and God offered to wipe the Hebrews off the face of the earth and start over, you would say "go for it!"

lol

Whoever digs a pit will fall into it; if someone rolls a stone, it will roll back on them. ... If you roll a boulder down on others, it will crush you instead.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe it wasn't possible. Sometimes I am dense on my own. Sometimes, maybe God makes me that way for His own reason. Sorry if it disturbed you.

I am not disturbed or mad, I was a little let down because from what I have read in your other replies on this site I would have bet real money that you would be able to answer the truth on this subject. It was when you implied that we might be able to squeeze a third being into the understanding that my jaw dropped in your direction. You and I both know that we are to live by every word of the mouth of God and that we should not add or take away from that word, so I hope you can forgive me my trespass but, I still can't quite believe the response you gave came from your mind.

Sola Scriptura!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not disturbed or mad, I was a little let down because from what I have read in your other replies on this site I would have bet real money that you would be able to answer the truth on this subject. It was when you implied that we might be able to squeeze a third being into the understanding that my jaw dropped in your direction. You and I both know that we are to live by every word of the mouth of God and that we should not add or take away from that word, so I hope you can forgive me my trespass but, I still can't quite believe the response you gave came from your mind.

Sola Scriptura!
No not "sola scriptura". Without the Holy Spirit, even the scripture won't cut it. Don't get me wrong on what people refer to as the "godhead".
My flesh is still alive and active and whenever possible like anyone else who has not overcome all the obstacles that might lie between themselves and God it [my flesh and its ways] will strive to get its foot farther back in the door. If I could ever get to where I never ever quenched the Spirit that would not happen.

Sometimes, on the other hand, words I put out are testing the waters of other people like yourself. Arguing about what God is on this point [oneness, twoness, threeness or other] may at times be edifying to some, but to others it may be immediately confusing. For some it may not faze them one way or the other directly. Sorry if my flesh at times causes problems or even disappointment in others, but it really does. I do not have all of the answers to every question. Actually the only correct answers I have to any question are the ones God gives me.

People often get into hypothetical questions without realizing that without knowing actually circumstances and without being led by the Holy Spirit, a person will often draw conclusions that may not apply the first time a real question arises.