Do we live by Laws?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
None of us can ever be perfect and God knows that, so all we can hope for is that he'll cut us some slack on judgement day..:)
Even Jesus knew his human half was a handicap-
“Why do you call me good?..No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
Jesus, Himself, told us to be perfect as our Father in heaven is perfect. Was that an unattainable goal?..
Dropship, it may be that you were taught cessationism..
Dropship, it may be time for you to rethink your theology before it is too late.

1- I'm not perfect, are you perfect?..;)

2- I'm non-denominational so nobody taught me anything except Jesus..:)
Jesus said:-"You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10)

3- As long as I keep getting feedback like this below I'll know I'm on the right track..:)-

Spannerose - "I would like you to know that the result of reading your posts I am left with the desire to pick up my bible for the first time in years"

6feetunder- "He knows the truth"
ChildofLight - "So good to read your responses, some are quite witty and made LOL"
HenryS - "You are brilliant in finding appropriate phrases. Another one of your superb emails to store"
Sarah4Jesus - "Listen to him, he is a great teacher"
Kierri - "That was one of the best explanations I've ever heard!"
Haimehenmmli - "I LOVE IT MATE!!! I'm going to put it into my files, with some of my other favorites, from you"
Saipan1777 - "Spot on, bravo"
Ainglkiss - "You write so well. Keep up the great work"
BlessedOne - "Glad to have you here! Jesus is the way!"
MonkGirl - "Wow, thank you! That is really comforting...and all I really needed to hear!"
JeffC - "HELL YEAH! PREACH IT BROTHER, THE REALITY WAY! (LUV YUR STYLE....)
Honeybearx - "This was very good reading thank you"
Megan - "I just wanted to tell you that I loved this story, it was very touching"
Sherry Anne - " i love your posts"
Antipas - "Brilliant yet again"
Easynote - "ROFL you are pure class, another of your timeless classics!"
Kermit - "RIGHT ON THE MONEY AND FUNNY, TOO"

Luismtzzz- "I like how you reason religion. I am enjoying your answers"
Justforme- "I am so happy to meet a sensible Christian"

Chrysalis55- "Just want to say, I love your posts and your messages not only inspire me, sometimes they make me laugh"
Evenflow- I just LOVE this post You have made me smile BIG TIME this morning. Good for you and what a great attitude you have to life xx"
Apple Pie - "Come on over to 4church, we could do with your input and your humour"
Lillian - "please come back..it's nice having you on the board"

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, but there's some good stuff on TV, for example The Waltons- "Granma knits a shawl for the county fair, and Olivia bakes a cake"
Hmm sounds good..:)
I attempted to watch that episode but I had to shut it off eventually.....Religious man that I am, I found it a little too “ Edgy”......do you remember how it ended?

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did the Waltons come out? Is that an UK show?

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a lot to learn about how to study and know the Word of God and His meaning.

The OPINION expressed here is worth exactly what I paid for it—- Nothing! .....I’ll try to end your Confusion in subsequent posts....and the Best part of that will be ——- NO CHARGE!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1- I'm not perfect, are you perfect?..;)

2- I'm non-denominational so nobody taught me anything except Jesus..:)
Jesus said:-"You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10)

3- As long as I keep getting feedback like this below I'll know I'm on the right track..:)-

Spannerose - "I would like you to know that the result of reading your posts I am left with the desire to pick up my bible for the first time in years"
6feetunder- "He knows the truth"
ChildofLight - "So good to read your responses, some are quite witty and made LOL"
HenryS - "You are brilliant in finding appropriate phrases. Another one of your superb emails to store"
Sarah4Jesus - "Listen to him, he is a great teacher"
Kierri - "That was one of the best explanations I've ever heard!"
Haimehenmmli - "I LOVE IT MATE!!! I'm going to put it into my files, with some of my other favorites, from you"
Saipan1777 - "Spot on, bravo"
Ainglkiss - "You write so well. Keep up the great work"
BlessedOne - "Glad to have you here! Jesus is the way!"
MonkGirl - "Wow, thank you! That is really comforting...and all I really needed to hear!"
JeffC - "HELL YEAH! PREACH IT BROTHER, THE REALITY WAY! (LUV YUR STYLE....)
Honeybearx - "This was very good reading thank you"
Megan - "I just wanted to tell you that I loved this story, it was very touching"
Sherry Anne - " i love your posts"
Antipas - "Brilliant yet again"
Easynote - "ROFL you are pure class, another of your timeless classics!"
Kermit - "RIGHT ON THE MONEY AND FUNNY, TOO"

Luismtzzz- "I like how you reason religion. I am enjoying your answers"
Justforme- "I am so happy to meet a sensible Christian"

Chrysalis55- "Just want to say, I love your posts and your messages not only inspire me, sometimes they make me laugh"
Evenflow- I just LOVE this post You have made me smile BIG TIME this morning. Good for you and what a great attitude you have to life xx"
Apple Pie - "Come on over to 4church, we could do with your input and your humour"
Lillian - "please come back..it's nice having you on the board"

Many people have itching ears and truly want to believe you over what Jesus accomplished. You don't believe, so you now have a following of other non-believers. Congratulations!!! But you still might try to rethink your theology to be according to the Word of God, Jesus, and not your own carnal experience.

Last edited:

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you can rightly divide the Word, then answer this question.

1 John 1:9 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Is this verse true? How much sin is left? Are we still sinners or not. Did Jesus cleanse us from all unrighteousness, INCLUDING THE CAUSE or not?

Did you ever consider that this “ Confession” could be a One- Time Event?
You have probably not experienced this , but the “Starting Gate” Of Christianity is the Conviction Of Sin by the Holy Spirit , where a person comes out of Satan’s “ Fool’s Paradise” , where he was Blinded by Satan and thought in his Self- Righteousness Delusion That even though he might not be “ perfect” he was “ Good Enough” to make it to Heaven.....

Until one has been driven to his or her knees by finally seeing and acknowledging that he is just as Vile and Sinful as God’s Word declares him to be , and until a person finally has the Scales lifted from their eyes and sees that they are headed like a speeding bullet towards a well- deserved Hell, they lack the “ Contrite Heart” That God demands—-it’s the “Only” Heart That God can deal with....

Even the Phillipian Jailer who cried out, “ What Must I do to be Saved” had experienced the Conviction Of His Sins.....it MUST come first .....why would “ Anybody” seek Salvation and a Savior if they never saw the Absolute NEED for One?

“Nobody come to God lest the Spirit draw them”......The Holy Spirit “ Draws” Men by giving them a Contrite Heart which opens their eyes to the fact that they are Hell-Bound Sinners that MUST have a Savior .....When John talks about “ Confessing our Sins” , it is Very Possible That this One- Time VITAL Realization is what he is referring to...........Once we finally agree with God that we are Lost Sinners and * TURN TO HIM” ( Repentance) and put our Complete Trust in The Gospel Of Paul ( Given to Paul personally by Jesus) Found In 1Cor 15:1-4 , Then and ONLY then can one be Saved.....

Once that is accomplished, ALL of our Sins are forgiven and they are Covered by the Shed Blood Of Jesus whether we remember to confess them all or not......We “ confess” our Sins to restore a temporarily broken Fellowship—- Salvation is NEVER in question once you have Turned to God as a Lost Sinner and Trusted in the Finished Work Of The Cross to Save and KEEP you Saved......that Salvation was a “ Gift”, remember?

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I attempted to watch that episode but I had to shut it off eventually.....Religious man that I am, I found it a little too “ Edgy”......do you remember how it ended?

This post was dripping with Sarcasm.....The Walton’s was a show that could never offend anybody.....And anybody that knows me knows that I was not serious when I described myself as being “ Religious” —— YECH! I am as *UN* —Religious as it gets! I MUCH prefer being a Christian—it’s the Polar Opposite Of being “ Religious”.... Religion says “ DO!”, But Christianity says, “ DONE!” ......knowing the difference determines Heaven from Hell....

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you can rightly divide the Word, then answer this question.

1 John 1:9 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Is this verse true? How much sin is left? Are we still sinners or not. Did Jesus cleanse us from all unrighteousness, INCLUDING THE CAUSE or not?

Rightly dividing the Word shows that 1 John 3:5 is true, and so is 1 John 1:9 which has the same meaning as Acts of the Apostles 2:38. 1 John 1:9 is to receive the power of the Spirit of Jesus in us Who has no sin. And we are cleansed of the cause of sin, the old man (sin nature) Romans 6:6-7. Please read!

1 John 1:6, 8 and 10 are those who lie to themselves and believes that Jesus saves us IN OUR SINS - not FROM OUR SINS. The word "say" is the key in these verses. Look at chapter 2 and see the word say. Same author, talking to the same group of people?

1 John 2:
3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 1:
6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Look at ALL SCRIPTURE to rightly divine the Word of truth. Right now you are walking in pure ignorance and absolutely are NOT rightly dividing the Word of Truth. But I am. You have a lot to learn about how to study and know the Word of God and His meaning.

Could you please put this in a nutshell? You’re kinda “ all over the map” with this post and I’m not going to take all the necessary time to refute you piece by piece....I already know that you think you have attained a life of “ Sinless Perfection”( something even Paul said He never achieved) , mainly because you misunderstand Hebrews 10 and “ Sinning Willfully” , and you are forced I live a lie that a ten year old could see through....

Here’s the Deal, Newbies —- The Unsaved man has just one nature—- the inherited Sinful Nature from Adam that sins, loves to sin, and can’t get enough of it—it simply is “ NOT subject to the power of God and neither indeed CAN be” ...... The Saved man has a “ NEW” Nature .... By Contrast, The New Nature can NEVER Sin.....The Believer has a Nature That is Two- Fold.......One can Read the Seventh Chapter Of Romans to see the struggle between the two Natures....Its like you have a White Dog and a Black dog within you.....The dog you feed the most will dominate.......It is God’s desire to “ Transform you into the Image Of His Son”.......Continue to Trust God and quit trying to do it all by yourself with a combination of “ Will-Power” and “Fear” and watch God go to work.....it takes time, but eventually the New Man ( That White Dog ) will win in this “ Spiritual- Warfare”......It is “ HE” that will present you as “ Blameless” on Judgement Day.....you will know Perfection “ Over There” when we see Him face-to-face and receive our New Bodies and will become “ Just like Him” ......thinking that you can become like God Before you meet God is a silly, Unbiblical Pipe Dream....Don’t turn your life into a lie just because you are Confused by Scripture.....especially the Big Lie Of “ Sinless Perfection”.....

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..You don't believe, so you now have a following of other non-believers. Congratulations!!! But you still might try to rethink your theology to be according to the Word of God, Jesus, and not your own carnal experience.

But me and my chums all believe Jesus is the Son of God, are you saying we're wrong?
Be careful or you might end up on here..:)-

naughty-step.jpg

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If he didn't reply, then I would be pretty sure. LOL

I think I might have seen your earlier post but it was very long and I wasn't sure what point you were trying to make.
No offence, but I rarely read long posts by anybody because I prefer short sharp straight to the point ones..:)
Paul had to remind people-
"I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3)
And the Old T was spot on too-
"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" (Ecc 6:11)

Reactions: Gospel Believer

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
None of us can ever be perfect and God knows that, so all we can hope for is that he'll cut us some slack on judgement day..:)
Even Jesus knew his human half was a handicap-
“Why do you call me good?..No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
is the things you see weighs more than the word of God?
Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
you'll definitely fail w/o God for it is written
Luke 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.
did you also forget that christ was in God and God in him
if we can also be in christ wouldn't be God in us too wouldn't that solve the problem

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do we live by Laws?​

OP^

Interesting question.

I would say, by Natural Birth, we “unknowingly” are agreeing to Abide by Laws....in order.
1) Household govt “laws” set forth by the head of household.
2) Association govt “laws” set forth by such as homeowners association, etc.
3) State govt “laws” that apply to you.
4) County govt “laws” that apply to you.
5) City govt “laws” that apply to you.
6) another association...Pvt or Govt School “laws” that apply to you.
7) Corporations, Businesses, etc. “laws” that apply to you.

AND those “laws, bylaws, rules, regulations”.... affect and apply to a person from new born natural birth and age increase and depending upon Habitat, Travel, Jurisdiction Of residency, traveling, agreement, applicability.

AND thereafter, Gods Laws to whit a person Hears AND Agrees to Abide by.

And YES, an individual CAN BE “UNDER” multiple “LAWS, bylaws, rules, and REGULATIONS”....AND fully comply, (abide by)......or NOT.

Regarding Gods LAWS...Agreeing to ABIDE/OBEY, is one thing...
Actually ABIDING/OBEYING, is another thing.

Doesn’t matter...Gods LAWS...mans laws....OBEDIENCE, has a positive “consequence”....DISOBEDIENCE, has a negative “consequence”.

The KEY is an INDIVIDUAL “agreeing to Abide”...and THEN doing so or NOT.

Gods Laws ARE similar but not the same as mans.
A newborn is under a jurisdictional law, wherever his guardian has, takes that newborn, babe, child.

* Gods Laws requires an individual to AGREE to His Laws/Word...before an expectation of Abiding and consequencefor Not Abiding” is effected.

* Men routinely had “negative” consequences “for Not Abiding”...
BECAUSE...they ALL “agreed”....and routinely did not Abide.

Ex 12:
[8] And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

And forward from Men, to groups of men, Hebrews, Tribes, Jews, Gentiles...
Individuals AGREE to abide....and routinely fail to abide. (By, and because of a whole array of circumstances and excuses.)

Called “missing the mark”....YET the good news is; God also provided a WAY to “be forgiven”.....and “amend” and “remedy” a mans weakness and waywardness.

Glory to God,
Taken

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely! It is the same message as Acts of the Apostles 2:38. It is to RECEIVE the gift of the Holy Spirit.

You have probably not experienced this , but the “Starting Gate” Of Christianity is the Conviction Of Sin by the Holy Spirit , where a person comes out of Satan’s “ Fool’s Paradise” , where he was Blinded by Satan and thought in his Self- Righteousness Delusion That even though he might not be “ perfect” he was “ Good Enough” to make it to Heaven.....

You just described the Holy Spirit drawing us TO Jesus, not after RECEIVING HIM AND HIM cleansing us of the old sin nature and the giving to us of His divine power.

you think you have attained a life of “ Sinless Perfection”( something even Paul said He never achieved)

In Paul's last letter he had reached it, but not before. You have more studying to do.

Could you please put this in a nutshell? You’re kinda “ all over the map” with this post and I’m not going to take all the necessary time to refute you piece by piece....I already know that you think you have attained a life of “ Sinless Perfection”( something even Paul said He never achieved) , mainly because you misunderstand Hebrews 10 and “ Sinning Willfully” , and you are forced I live a lie that a ten year old could see through....

I think it is clear enough. You want to refute it because you can't see.

1 Corinthians 2:6-16. You are the natural man is this passage. What you need to be able to "see" is the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

But as it is written:

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. Ask before you write another silly post.

13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you think you have attained a life of “ Sinless Perfection”( something even Paul said He never achieved)

In Paul's last letter he had reached it, but not before. You have more studying to do.

Really? Please provide your Chapter and Verse for this Falsehood...we will soon see who needs to do more “studying”

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Really? Please provide your Chapter and Verse for this Falsehood...we will soon see who needs to do more “studying”
Which is Paul's last letter? You realize, of course, that Paul's epistles are sorted in the New Testament by size, not date of origin.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 5:17.....”What the Flesh Desires is opposed to the Spirit, and what the Spirit Desires is opposed to the Flesh, for they are opposed to each other and prevent you from doing the good things that you want to do”

Notice, there is no mention of just hanging around long enough and all of this stuff will vanish

Once again, as far as you delusional “ Perfection” is concerned—— let me talk to your spouse for three minutes...

Even if you were “ perfect” what would that mean? If you were perfect , that would mean that you kept the 613 Laws Of Moses...... what would be the point of “ That”....... if you are a Believer you are “Dead to the Law”.......” Christ is the END OF THE LAW for All that Believe”......” By The WORKS OF THE LAW , * NO FLESH* will be Justified......

You , Miss Holy Spirit, Jr. , will wind up on Judgement Day “ BOASTING” about what you accomplished.....YOU get all the Glory and Jesus gets None—— let’s see how that works for you on that Day......
As for me? I am the TRUE “ Chief Of Sinners” yet I don’t have to say a word on Judgement Day....If anybody asks me “ What did “ YOU” do to deserve Eternal Life ? All I will do is look at the Sprinkled Blood Of Jesus atop the Heavenly Mercy Seat , Point at it and perhaps say “ Case Closed”.....I will Prove how that Old Hymn had it right all along—— it really * WAS* , “Nothing But The Blood”......Nothing!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador