Do we live by Laws?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here's the truth straight from Jesus's mouth-
"I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28)
Except that this statement must be taken in context and with a proper understanding of the Holy Trinity. The Father is indeed "Head" (or authority) over the Son (1 Cor 11:3), but that simply does not change the FACT that Jesus is fully God. There is simply a ranking of authority within the Godhead. By the same token, after Christ rose from the dead, the Father has handed all power and all authority to the Son. Eventually, the Son will hand back everything to the Father. But that does not mean that Jesus is a "lesser god" or some such silly thing. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all God,

Reactions: Gospel Believer

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you believe like MacArthur that Sinless Perfection is heresy, then you are just as possessed by the doctrines of demons as he is. You call yourself a Jesus man, and yet slap His face. You don't even know Him.

1 John 3:5-6
5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

A
John was writing to the Church, people who are already saved. In 1 John 1:8-10 he was correcting those who think that since they’re already saved they don’t need to seek God’s forgiveness when they sin. It is true that our ongoing sinfulness can’t cause us to lose our salvation, but it can deprive us of blessings by straining our relationship with God. When we sin, confession purifies us from our unrighteousness and restores us to fellowship with Him.
In a general sense, 1 John 3:6-9 says that salvation should evidence itself in a change of attitude about sin. Since he admonished believers to seek forgiveness when we sin in chapter 1 he couldn’t have been trying to say that real Christians don’t sin in chapter 3. Christians sin just like everyone else. The difference is that when we do the Holy Spirit convicts us and we seek forgiveness. Although our forgiveness is assured, the process generally causes us to think twice before sinning again, and little by little we change.

You conveniently leave out a few other verses....if Believers never sin, why does the same Author of what you quote ALSO say that when we Sin, “ We have an ADVOCATE who pleads our case with the Father....” Please explain why Jesus performs what according to you , would be some kind of “ pretend” function....If Believers never sin, why do we need such an “ Advocate” , who Lives to plead our case....

Why does even the strict apostle James have to admit that the Believers That He is writing to in his Book “ STUMBLE in *MANY* Ways?”

I don’t “ slap” anybody in the face—- I just know and Rightly Divide The Word better than you do.....No, I do not “ slap” Jesus , despite your Twisted and evil accusation.....it is YOU whoever that “ Spits on the Blood Of Jesus” by denying its “ ALL SUFFICIENT POWER” to Cleanse us from *ALL SIN*......You are obsessed with the Lie of Sinless Perfection because you don’t really believe the first half of the Gospel That Saves Anybody that Rests In it’s Truth—— you know, that first part that says that “ Jesus Died for your Sins?”..... You don’t really Believe it.......perhaps it is YOU that does not know Him.....

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you believe like MacArthur that Sinless Perfection is heresy, then you are just as possessed by the doctrines of demons as he is. You call yourself a Jesus man, and yet slap His face. You don't even know Him.

I have been temporarily kicked out of here before by saying less evil things about a fellow Believer....
Shame on you......I suppose you get a Free Pass..

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is about do we live by laws.

Please stay on topic; as there is always a risk to shutting down threads when people decide they desire to point out things concerning Jesus, and God. (Specifically to the trinity).

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..this way He could be “ Truly Man” and yet at the same time be “ Truly God”....

God wouldn't spend years working in a carpenter's shop making tables and chairs, he had more important things to do like running the universe..:)

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This thread is about do we live by laws.

Tricky question..:)
For example we in Britain are required by law to pay £145 per year for a TV licence to fund the BBC, even though many BBC programme-makers are morally and spiritually corrupt and very anti-christian.
So should we refuse to pay?

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God wouldn't spend years working in a carpenter's shop making tables and chairs, he had more important things to do like running the universe..:)
Jesus was the only guy who could make tables and chairs and turn water into wine at the same time.....lol.....I’ll leave it to you to understand and explain the Trinity....it seems to be above my pay- grade....

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A
John was writing to the Church, people who are already saved. In 1 John 1:8-10 he was correcting those who think that since they’re already saved they don’t need to seek God’s forgiveness when they sin. It is true that our ongoing sinfulness can’t cause us to lose our salvation, but it can deprive us of blessings by straining our relationship with God. When we sin, confession purifies us from our unrighteousness and restores us to fellowship with Him.
In a general sense, 1 John 3:6-9 says that salvation should evidence itself in a change of attitude about sin. Since he admonished believers to seek forgiveness when we sin in chapter 1 he couldn’t have been trying to say that real Christians don’t sin in chapter 3. Christians sin just like everyone else. The difference is that when we do the Holy Spirit convicts us and we seek forgiveness. Although our forgiveness is assured, the process generally causes us to think twice before sinning again, and little by little we change.

You conveniently leave out a few other verses....if Believers never sin, why does the same Author of what you quote ALSO say that when we Sin, “ We have an ADVOCATE who pleads our case with the Father....” Please explain why Jesus performs what according to you , would be some kind of “ pretend” function....If Believers never sin, why do we need such an “ Advocate” , who Lives to plead our case....

Why does even the strict apostle James have to admit that the Believers That He is writing to in his Book “ STUMBLE in *MANY* Ways?”

I don’t “ slap” anybody in the face—- I just know and Rightly Divide The Word better than you do.....No, I do not “ slap” Jesus , despite your Twisted and evil accusation.....it is YOU whoever that “ Spits on the Blood Of Jesus” by denying its “ ALL SUFFICIENT POWER” to Cleanse us from *ALL SIN*......You are obsessed with the Lie of Sinless Perfection because you don’t really believe the first half of the Gospel That Saves Anybody that Rests In it’s Truth—— you know, that first part that says that “ Jesus Died for your Sins?”..... You don’t really Believe it.......perhaps it is YOU that does not know Him.....
If you can rightly divide the Word, then answer this question.

1 John 1:9 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Is this verse true? How much sin is left? Are we still sinners or not. Did Jesus cleanse us from all unrighteousness, INCLUDING THE CAUSE or not?

Rightly dividing the Word shows that 1 John 3:5 is true, and so is 1 John 1:9 which has the same meaning as Acts of the Apostles 2:38. 1 John 1:9 is to receive the power of the Spirit of Jesus in us Who has no sin. And we are cleansed of the cause of sin, the old man (sin nature) Romans 6:6-7. Please read!

1 John 1:6, 8 and 10 are those who lie to themselves and believes that Jesus saves us IN OUR SINS - not FROM OUR SINS. The word "say" is the key in these verses. Look at chapter 2 and see the word say. Same author, talking to the same group of people?

1 John 2:
3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 1:
6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Look at ALL SCRIPTURE to rightly divine the Word of truth. Right now you are walking in pure ignorance and absolutely are NOT rightly dividing the Word of Truth. But I am. You have a lot to learn about how to study and know the Word of God and His meaning.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tricky question..:)
For example we in Britain are required by law to pay £145 per year for a TV licence to fund the BBC, even though many BBC programme-makers are morally and spiritually corrupt and very anti-christian.
So should we refuse to pay?
Sure if you don’t want the tv.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus was the only guy who could make tables and chairs and turn water into wine at the same time.....lol.....I’ll leave it to you to understand and explain the Trinity....it seems to be above my pay- grade....

The Trinity is in 3 separate parts like an oyster; God and Jesus are the two halves and the holy spirit is the guts..:)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, but there's some good stuff on TV, for example The Waltons- "Granma knits a shawl for the county fair, and Olivia bakes a cake"
Hmm sounds good..:)

Tv, people watch that?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 8:
A New Covenant

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says theLord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins[b]and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

13 In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Reactions: Gospel Believer

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Question: Do you have me on ignore?

Who me?
Nah I've never put anybody on ignore in all my 20 years of doing the rounds of internet forums because it's much more fun to discuss, debate and straighten them out..:)
"Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not quarrel, instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will" (2 Tim 2:23-26)

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who me?
Nah I've never put anybody on ignore in all my 20 years of doing the rounds of internet forums because it's much more fun to discuss, debate and straighten them out..:)
"Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not quarrel, instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will" (2 Tim 2:23-26)
Oh, so you are just ignoring my post to you??? :anguished: