Do you believe in ghosts?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe in ghosts of people

• Yes, the spirit of a person is not buried with them and they can roam around.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No, the spirit of a righteous person returns to the Father in heaven.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, the spirit of all the dead returns to the Father in heaven.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No, they are demons pretending to be people, especially someone you know.

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 14:26
And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, “It is a ghost!” And they cried out for fear.

Did the Jews believe in ghosts?

Do you? Just curious.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, “It is a ghost!” And they cried out for fear.

Do you? Just curious.
I have seen ghost twice in my life.
I did not fear them at all.
The first I was maybe 11yo in bed and was touched on the shoulder and woke up, I thought it was just my dad getting me up to go to work again at night, as we would drive an hour and be their to work when the sun was coming up.
But I had seen 3 ghost going out of my room and down the hallway.
I wake up fast and can get to work directly, not a sleepy head and never wondering about like many do, like a car that has to warm up before you go, I can just get out of bed and hold it flat directly.
It was totally out of the blue that I seen them, no thought before of any such thing or stupid TV show etc.

The next time I was 20yo at the dump at night partying with the Abo's, there were fires out their in the dump and took a gun out to shoot, such was out in the bush from town. and I had one white mate with me and I seen a ghost in a tree high up, it was just like what I had seen before, I looked around and back up it was still their but when my white mate looked up he seen it directly but then it vanished. the Abo's did not see it at all, but they would get scared if they see any such things and run away, I am talking real Abo's not the half cast etc nonsense that claim they are Abo's.

The real Abo's get real scared about all such things and they are all scared of the dark, way out in the bush like. so unless they have a fire going it's alright.

I do not know why I seen the ghost or they exposed themselves to me, but I have never seen one since.
I have never seen any alien UFO and I do not believe in any being worthy of Man in any shape or form outside from that of earth and believe anyone who makes such claims is a nut or on drugs.

I would not believe anyone who claimed to see a ghost for that matter until I seen one. I am of the opinion that most people talking about ghost is BS. But their must be something to it for such to be mentioned by people who are serious and we see in the bible mentioned and such mentions in regards to many different spirits. visible ones ? and invisible, but they are a fact in reality and that can be identified as bad or Good ones.

Many people think because they hear the house creak and make noises is something stupid, but it's just the house moving due to many things heat to cold etc etc. my house is wooden and always making noises.

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Jews do believe in ghost !
Every Tribe and Nation believes over the whole world in fact.

When they seen Jesus walking on water, they were witnessing the Holy Spirit in fact.
In the beginning of the OT we see it. Gen 1:2 and the Spirit of God moved upon the waters. and we see that Jesus Christ walked upon the waters. and not to mention what happened if one took their eyes off him ? well they failed to walk with him.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Actually the disciples did not think Jesus was a "ghost" because the ancient Jews did not believe in "ghosts"...they did believe in spirits however, but since they did not believe in life after death except by resurrection, these "spirits" were not dead people but deceptive demons. The dead are not in a conscious state according to Solomon. (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10)

That scripture in Matthew 14:26 in many translations says "a spirit"..."an apparition"..."a phantom" rather than "ghost"...
The word in Greek is "phantasma" and according to Strongs, means...
  1. "an appearance

2. an apparition, spectre"
So "ghost" is not a word that appears in the scriptures until English translations began to be written. It was based on the German word "geist" which meant a "spirit". The English word "ghost" then came to be substituted for "spirit".

Because the doctrines of the trinity and the immortal soul were adopted into Christian teaching, it was assumed that the 'spirits' of the dead were alive and active. This was NOT a Jewish teaching however......it was a pagan Greek notion that both the later Jews and early Christians found appealing....mostly because the idea of a "ghost" meant that the dead do not really die. Like God's "spirit" (the Holy Ghost) they became spirit entities that lived forever, in another realm. This perpetuates the devil's first lie...."you surely will not die"....but God told Adam that they most surely would. (Genesis 3:19) Who lied?

There are no such things as "ghosts"....these are demonic spirits who can impersonate the dead and who know everything about everyone and hence can divulge details of a person's life that only they know.....or they think they do. But it usually takes a clairvoyant or spirit medium to speak for them, and since God made communication with the dead a capital crime, (Deuteronomy 18:9-12) we should gauge by that that these "spirits" are not who they claim to be.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you believe in ghosts?
of course!....hiding is endemic. Actors are revered because it is a projection of those hiding. Acting is the preference. Just look at certain monikers and profiles on this site. False personal information comes in by the truck load. Hiding and acting out is the domain of darkness.

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I do not, be careful of what you let into your house, Praise God our father and his only begotten son Christ, and such things will not happen, Satan is the adversary the great deceiver, renounce him, and praise our Lord Savior and say his name in prayer.