Do You Believe In The Right to Bear Arms?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do You Believe In The Right to Bear Arms?

• Total voters

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forgetting the constitution for a moment, what do you personally believe? Although I am not personally a gun owner I believe in the right to defend ourselves and property.

Yes, I believe in the right to defend yourself. God is not that in love with you that he'll swoop in like Batman to save you any time your life is in danger. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone.

Reactions: April_Rose

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I believe in the right to defend yourself. God is not that in love with you that he'll swoop in like Batman to save you any time your life is in danger. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone.

This actually happened to me quite a few times so I wouldn't say TOTALLY not going to...

Not going to get into the really bad stories, but for a lighthearted story, got trampled not too long after giving birth by a 1 ton horse (btw I was about 89 pounds at the time) while on my way to clean out the stalls. I swear that horse was possessed or something. Somehow came out of it with bruised legs, feeling like I was 80 for a few weeks, and also not dead.

Miracle enough to me

Reactions: April_Rose

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Buy a sword"

What did they think people were going to do with the sword?

Open very, very, very large letters? :)
Did you read the rest of what Jesus said?

Matthew 26:52 (NKJV)
52 But Jesus said to him, "Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The New Testament does not forbid protecting family and property.
Yes it clearly does!

Matthew 5:39-40 (NKJV)
39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40 If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it clearly does!

Matthew 5:39-40 (NKJV)
39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40 If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.

That does not say anything about what you claim it does and I've read it through quite a few times.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's too bad that so many people select one-half of the Second Amendment to bolster the argument that anyone has the right to own and use weapons. Here is the Amendment in its entirety...

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Clearly this doesn't mean that anyone who chooses can use modern weaponry at their own discretion. The first requirement is a well-regulated militia, such as the police and the National Guard, to insure the security of a free state. Secondly, the "Arms" of the late 18th Century were flintlocks -- single-shot, black powder rifles. The founders couldn't conceive of an automatic rifle with an extended magazine that people use today.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's too bad that so many people select one-half of the Second Amendment to bolster the argument that anyone has the right to own and use weapons. Here is the Amendment in its entirety...

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Clearly this doesn't mean that anyone who chooses can use modern weaponry at their own discretion. The first requirement is a well-regulated militia, such as the police and the National Guard, to insure the security of a free state. Secondly, the "Arms" of the late 18th Century were flintlocks -- single-shot, black powder rifles. The founders couldn't conceive of an automatic rifle with an extended magazine that people use today.
As far as I'm concerned the "well regulated militia" is all of the people who filled out background check 4473 form. Thats the regulation, that's the regulated militia. We have been approved by our government to own a firearm. We are the good guys!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That does not say anything about what you claim it does and I've read it through quite a few times.
No Christian in the NT defended anyone. You can trust in guns. I'll trust in God. Do you pray this? Doesn't God answer your prayers?

Luke 11:4 (NKJV)
4 Deliver us from the evil one.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Christian in the NT defended anyone. You can trust in guns. I'll trust in God. Do you pray this? Doesn't God answer your prayers?

Luke 11:4 (NKJV)
4 Deliver us from the evil one.

God answers my prayers but I'm finished answering you.