Do you believe Jesus has given you the Holy Spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Johnlove said:
No one disagrees that we are encouraged to not sin. All who are Christ's do walk as He walked.
All who are Christ's do avoid sin. All who are God's children have His seed and His Spirit.
[SIZE=16pt]No if one is in Christ he or she does not sin. A Spiritual Christian does not sin. A Spiritual Christian is one who has been given the knowledge of the truth, and if such a person deliberately commits a sin there is no forgiveness.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies--------“[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]John tells us that one who is in Christ/begotten by God can’t sin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 John 3:9) “No one, who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]I quoted scripture that tells you that you are wrong.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Don’t you want to know how God made it possible for you to be begotten by God.[/SIZE]

Where we disagree is when you say if one sins they immediately lose salvation. This simply is not supported by Scripture in fact the letter written to the Ephesians directly opposes this teaching. Revelation 2:1-5 Scripture teaches Jesus is the Advocate for those who do sin. 1John 2:1

[SIZE=16pt]People who have not been begotten may have salivation, but that salivation, does not mean one will go to heaven. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Yes you should read that verse carefully.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 John 2:1-2) “I am writing this, [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]my children[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt], to stop you sinning; but if anyone should sin, we have our advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ, who is just; he is the sacrifice that takes our sins away, and not only ours, but the whole world’s.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]It says we have an advocate who is just. A just advocate will make sure justice is done. Those you did evil will be punished as they deserve. Those who obeyed God will receive their just reward. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Also this verse was addressed to children/infants in Christ. As Paul said infants in Christ are not yet spiritual, and still sin. [/SIZE]

justaname said:
Again what you attempt to teach is Christ is divided into two separate bodies...those who are spiritual and those unspiritual. This is a false teaching and Scripture speaks directly against your false theory. Ephesians 4:4

I have started a thread on 1John 3:5-6 in order to help you comprehend the Holy Spirit's teaching through Scripture.
[SIZE=16pt]A straw man argument. I have no idea of what you are saying I taught.[/SIZE]

Axehead said:
If we sin after being given the Holy Spirit and then lose salvation, then who can be saved? Who is perfect after receiving the Holy Spirit?
[SIZE=16pt]If this post is directed to me it is a straw man argument. Because I never said any such thing. [/SIZE]

Johnlove you contradict yourself here in this post twice...

You make the separation between spiritual Christians and unspiritual Christians then say you have not taught that there is a separation in Christ. ????

You also use Hebrews 10:26-31 to say that after you receive the Holy Spirit one sin and it is over then you make a straw man claim. ????

Wow! Two false claims in one post and two denials in the same context. Is lying a sin?

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
justaname said:
Johnlove you contradict yourself here in this post twice...

You make the separation between spiritual Christians and unspiritual Christians then say you have not taught that there is a separation in Christ. ????

You also use Hebrews 10:26-31 to say that after you receive the Holy Spirit one sin and it is over then you make a straw man claim. ????

Wow! Two false claims in one post and two denials in the same context. Is lying a sin?
[SIZE=16pt]A Christian is a follower of Jesus Christ, and walks as Jesus walked.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]One who has been baptized in Jesus name, and received the Holy Spirit, but still sins, is at best an infant is Christ. An infant in Christ is not yet a Christian/a follower of Jesus Christ.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]One who still sin is of the devil, and not a follower of Jesus Christ.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 Corinthians 3:1-3) “Brothers, I myself was unable to speak to you as people of the Spirit; I treated you as sensual men, still infants in Christ. What I fed you with was milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it; and indeed, you are still not ready for it since you are still unspiritual. Isn’t that obvious from all the jealousy and wrangling that there is among you, from the way that you go on behaving like ordinary people?”[/SIZE]

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Johnlove, you don't understand that being "In Christ" has nothing to do with our performance. True believers are born of the Spirit, sealed by the Spirit but yet may still be carnal at times. Yet, we are admonished to put away all carnality which the unbeliever is incapable of because they have not been regenerated or have the Holy Spirit indwelling them. We are admonished to depart from iniquity if we name the name of Christ. We are admonished to "put on Christ" everyday and put off the old man, with its desires. We are not "in Christ", once we stop all sinning. Are you not being carnal and wrangling with other Christians, even if they are "babes in Christ"?

The Apostles knew how to admonish, encourage, rebuke, inspire and still keep relationships with carnal Christians (babes in Christ) without rejecting them. They knew as a father and mother knows how to encourage the babes in Christ and work with them, towards maturity and set Godly examples (follow me as I follow Christ). What kind of New Testament would we have if the Apostles came into town, laid down the Word as you have done, drawn a line in the sand and rejected everyone that did not "snap to", right away? Paul worked with the Corinthian church for a long time to help bring them into maturity. In your own life, don't you have a testimony of the mercy and longsuffering of God in your walk? Have you ever been married and had children? If so, how are your children doing with regards to their relationships with Christ? How did you encourage them in their daily growth with Christ? You must have had to employ longsuffering and patience in your children's lives.

All the best,
Axehead

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Axehead said:
Johnlove, you don't understand that being "In Christ" has nothing to do with our performance. True believers are born of the Spirit, sealed by the Spirit but yet may still be carnal at times. Yet, we are admonished to put away all carnality which the unbeliever is incapable of because they have not been regenerated or have the Holy Spirit indwelling them. We are admonished to depart from iniquity if we name the name of Christ. We are admonished to "put on Christ" everyday and put off the old man, with its desires. We are not "in Christ", once we stop all sinning. Are you not being carnal and wrangling with other Christians, even if they are "babes in Christ"?

The Apostles knew how to admonish, encourage, rebuke, inspire and still keep relationships with carnal Christians (babes in Christ) without rejecting them. They knew as a father and mother knows how to encourage the babes in Christ and work with them, towards maturity and set Godly examples (follow me as I follow Christ). What kind of New Testament would we have if the Apostles came into town, laid down the Word as you have done, drawn a line in the sand and rejected everyone that did not "snap to", right away? Paul worked with the Corinthian church for a long time to help bring them into maturity. In your own life, don't you have a testimony of the mercy and longsuffering of God in your walk? Have you ever been married and had children? If so, how are your children doing with regards to their relationships with Christ? How did you encourage them in their daily growth with Christ? You must have had to employ longsuffering and patience in your children's lives.

All the best,
Axehead
[SIZE=16pt]Show me where is scripture it says an indwelling of the Holy Spirit.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]We are given the Holy Spirit, but it does not say an indwelling.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]God is not going to dwell in the same house as the devil.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus told us when God would dwell in one.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”[/SIZE]

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]Show me where is scripture it says an indwelling of the Holy Spirit.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]We are given the Holy Spirit, but it does not say an indwelling.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]God is not going to dwell in the same house as the devil.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus told us when God would dwell in one.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”[/SIZE]
Rom_8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Rom_8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them,

2Ti 1:14 That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.

Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Johnlove, If your Bible does not teach that Christ, the Holy Spirit and God dwell in you, then you need to get rid of that "Bible".

I understand better now why you believe what you believe.

If you are a new creation, a new man, then the nature of Satan is gone. We only contend with the flesh, now. The Bible has a lot to teach about that. Don't read Bibles that talk about nature (that is from recent new age translations), read Bibles that talk about Flesh. We are not schizophrenic individuals with two natures. We have Christ living in us and we live in a fleshly (earthly) body still.

Axehead

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]A Christian is a follower of Jesus Christ, and walks as Jesus walked.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]One who has been baptized in Jesus name, and received the Holy Spirit, but still sins, is at best an infant is Christ. An infant in Christ is not yet a Christian/a follower of Jesus Christ.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]One who still sin is of the devil, and not a follower of Jesus Christ.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 Corinthians 3:1-3) “Brothers, I myself was unable to speak to you as people of the Spirit; I treated you as sensual men, still infants in Christ. What I fed you with was milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it; and indeed, you are still not ready for it since you are still unspiritual. Isn’t that obvious from all the jealousy and wrangling that there is among you, from the way that you go on behaving like ordinary people?”[/SIZE]
This speaks nothing to you contradicting Scripture...

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
justaname said:
This speaks nothing to you contradicting Scripture...
[SIZE=16pt]It is only your understanding of scripture that may have been contradicted by me. [/SIZE]

Axehead said:
Rom_8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
[SIZE=16pt]If you are not in the flesh. If one sins he or she is in the flesh, and is of the devil. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]If one is in the Spirit then he or she is a temple of God, and where God makes a home that is the kingdom of God. Satan will never enter the kingdom of God[/SIZE]

Rom_8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them,

[SIZE=16pt]When one show he or she loves God by living God’s commandments then they become of home of God’s and he dwells in them.[/SIZE]

2Ti 1:14 That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.
[SIZE=16pt]Yes the Holy Spirit dwells in those who are living God’s Word. The Holy Spirit is one with the Father, and Son.[/SIZE]

Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Johnlove, If your Bible does not teach that Christ, the Holy Spirit and God dwell in you, then you need to get rid of that "Bible".

I understand better now why you believe what you believe.

If you are a new creation, a new man, then the nature of Satan is gone. We only contend with the flesh, now. The Bible has a lot to teach about that. Don't read Bibles that talk about nature (that is from recent new age translations), read Bibles that talk about Flesh. We are not schizophrenic individuals with two natures. We have Christ living in us and we live in a fleshly (earthly) body still.

Axehead

[SIZE=16pt]Yes after one shows God he or she loves him, by living his Commandments then they become a new creation.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]You made an assumption that the scripture that said the Holy Spirit dwells in people who sin is only that. [/SIZE]

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Johnlove said:
It is only your understanding of scripture that may have been contradicted by me.

Yes after one shows God he or she loves him, by living his Commandments then they become a new creation.
You made an assumption that the scripture that said the Holy Spirit dwells in people who sin is only that.
Again this is what Johnlove teaches, but not the Scriptures...a gospel of works.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
justaname said:
Again this is what Johnlove teaches, but not the Scriptures...a gospel of works.
[SIZE=16pt]Ask yourself if you sin or not. If you deliberately sin is that not rebelling against God?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Do you really believe that God is going to dwell in a house of a rebel? A sinner is in league with the devil. Can you truly believe God would accept such companions in his home? [/SIZE]

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians do not deliberately sin. This text does not say the devil lives in the one who sins...

Scripture teaches the Holy Spirit indwells the believer upon belief.

You teach a false doctrine. You are a sinner.

James 3:1
Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment.

You have condemned the Church and the Christ. This also makes you a sinner.

Matthew 7:2
because the way that you judge others will be the way that you will be judged, and you will be evaluated by the standard with which you evaluate others.

You have lifted yourself up in pride. This also makes you a sinner.

1John 2:16
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.

You suppress the truth others filled with the Holy Spirit reveal to you, another show of pride.

1 John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

​You teach it is not necessary to read the Bible in order to restrain the Holy Spirit from teaching others through His revealed word in order to maintain your false teachings, again sin.

Repent else face judgment as an unrepentant sinner.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
justaname said:
Christians do not deliberately sin. This text does not say the devil lives in the one who sins...

Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment.

because the way that you judge others will be the way that you will be judged, and you will be evaluated by the standard with which you evaluate others.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.

You suppress the truth others filled with the Holy Spirit reveal to you, another show of pride.

If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.
[SIZE=14pt]Read the scripture below, and learn something.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt](1 John 1: 8-10) “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]and his word has no place in our lives.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]You need to see John was saying if one says he or she says they have never sinned they are liars. [/SIZE]

If one is forgiven of all unrighteousness are they not then sinless? Could they then be liars if they say they are sinless?

John later says:

[SIZE=14pt](1 John 3:3-9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pure as Christ. Any one who sins at all breaks the law, because to sin is to [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]seen Him or known Him[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]. [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]My children do not let anyone lead you astray’ to live a holy life is to be holy just as He is holy’ to lead a sinful life is to belong the Devil, since the Devil was a sinner from the beginning. It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared. No one who has been begotten by God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt](1 John 3:8) “[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]John told us those who did not know God sinned and asked forgiveness and were forgiven, but once a person comes to know God he or she will not sin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Scripture goes on to say that if a person who does know God uses their free will to sin there is no [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]repentance[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] for that person. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt](Hebrews 10:26-31) “[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]. [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt](Hebrews 6: 4) “As for those people who were once brought into the light, and tasted the gift from heaven, and received a share of the Holy Spirit, and appreciated the good message of God and the powers of the world to come and yet in spite of this have fallen away it is impossible for that to be renewed a second time. [/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]They cannot be repentant if they have willfully crucified the Son of God and openly mocked Him.”[/SIZE]
​You teach it is not necessary to read the Bible in order to restrain the Holy Spirit from teaching others through His revealed word in order to maintain your false teachings, again sin.

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe He has whole heartedly as there is God the Father, Jesus the one and only Son, and the Holy Spirit all around.

Reactions: Born_Again

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Johnlove said:

Read the scripture below, and learn something.

(1 John 1: 8-10) “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.”

You need to see John was saying if one says he or she says they have never sinned they are liars.

If one is forgiven of all unrighteousness are they not then sinless? Could they then be liars if they say they are sinless?

John later says:

(1 John 3:3-9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pure as Christ. Any one who sins at all breaks the law, because to sin is to seen Him or known Him. My children do not let anyone lead you astray’ to live a holy life is to be holy just as He is holy’ to lead a sinful life is to belong the Devil, since the Devil was a sinner from the beginning. It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared. No one who has been begotten by God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

John told us those who did not know God sinned and asked forgiveness and were forgiven, but once a person comes to know God he or she will not sin.

Scripture goes on to say that if a person who does know God uses their free will to sin there is no repentance for that person.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

(Hebrews 6: 4) “As for those people who were once brought into the light, and tasted the gift from heaven, and received a share of the Holy Spirit, and appreciated the good message of God and the powers of the world to come and yet in spite of this have fallen away it is impossible for that to be renewed a second time. They cannot be repentant if they have willfully crucified the Son of God and openly mocked Him.”

Your cut and paste response says nothing relevant...

John makes two points in his letter, the second point does not disqualify the first...

In other words 1John 8 is its own point whereas 1John 10 is its own point, not one that disqualifies the first point.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
justaname said:
Your cut and paste response says nothing relevant...

John makes two points in his letter, the second point does not disqualify the first...

In other words 1John 8 is its own point whereas 1John 10 is its own point, not one that disqualifies the first point.
[SIZE=16pt]John corrected himself and said if one says he has never sinned. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]He did not mean that if one says he does not sin anymore that he or she is a liar.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Otherwise then he is contradicting himself when he says the following. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]John tells us that one who sins is of the devil. If one is of the devil it says to me they are indwelled with the devil[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 John 3:5-6) “Now you know that he appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen him or known him.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Notice John says a sinner does not know God.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 John 3:9) “No one, who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Notice if one who is begotten by God can’t sin then is he or she a liar if they say they do not sin. [/SIZE]

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So according to you Scripture was wrong at first then needed to be corrected?

Here is an idea, maybe Scripture isn't wrong you are.

I also do not see contradictions in those other verses from my interpretation.

Also the Indwelling of the devil doctrine is completely false. First off the devil does not have the ability to indwell every person who sins, he is not omnipresent as God is.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's clear that it wouldn't matter if every Christian in the world rebuked Johnlove for his fallacious claims and misrepresentations of Scripture. Personally, I wouldn't waste my time with him. He wont be convinced and he will just keep cutting and pasting the same three verses over and over, ignoring everyone who tries to explain the context of the verses.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Wormwood said:
It's clear that it wouldn't matter if every Christian in the world rebuked Johnlove for his fallacious claims and misrepresentations of Scripture. Personally, I wouldn't waste my time with him. He wont be convinced and he will just keep cutting and pasting the same three verses over and over, ignoring everyone who tries to explain the context of the verses.
[SIZE=16pt]If you had and thing that could rebuke what I have witnessed then you would have shared that. Instead all you have shared how it is that you believe me to be wrong. [/SIZE]

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have already explained in detail how you are misusing those verses. You don't have ears to hear what I, or anyone else on this board is telling you.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I have said before the spirit of pride is unteachable. I just don't like when false teaching goes about unchecked. The interesting part of this particular false teacher is he was caught in sin...his teachings must be coming from the devil.