Do you do this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dear mjrhealth,

If you answered me about you takeing communion....I don't see the answer. I suspect you don't. :(

I hope you do take communion because He did tell us to spend our days doing stuff....which is opposite of your statement:

And whoever gives one of these little ones even a cup of cold water (something you do) because he is a disciple, truly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward.”

Give (something you do) to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent (something you do which is a sinful act) has already committed adultery with her in his heart

Sell your possessions, and give to the needy (something you do)

He took some bread and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying, "This is my body, which is given for you. Do this to remember me." (something you do)

Jesus also told us to do what he commanded and to put his words to practice:

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations (something you do), baptizing them (something you do) in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them (something you do) to observe all that I have commanded you.

Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice (something you do) is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

Is your house built on a rock? Do you do what he commanded????

IHS.....Mary
What you are saying is you dont have teh answer you want, cant give it to you, I commune with Christ everyday, He is my friend, even knows my name, why do I need to remember one who is with me always, pretty hard to forget one whom you are joined to.

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
pretty hard to hide it too, i guess; except to yourself
I do hope one day that you will give Him 5 minutes of your time
ya, i'm not beneath you at all in this scenario, am i lol
we're totally equals right
I do hope so..

God bless
you're kidding yourself, mjr, but

i do hope that one day you will find Jesus, and inherit the Glorious Understanding that i have from God

i mean sheesh already

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are saying is you dont have teh answer you want, cant give it to you, I commune with Christ everyday, He is my friend, even knows my name, why do I need to remember one who is with me always, pretty hard to forget one whom you are joined to.
It's not an answer I want. It's an answer Jesus wants. And that answer should be: Yes Marymog, I do what Jesus commanded me to do. ;)

Since you can't say you do what Jesus commanded you to do only you have to answer to Him, not me.

I bet you are a dodge ball player...and a very good one.

Mary

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's not an answer I want. It's an answer Jesus wants. And that answer should be: Yes Marymog, I do what Jesus commanded me to do. ;)

Since you can't say you do what Jesus commanded you to do only you have to answer to Him, not me.

I bet you are a dodge ball player...and a very good one.
It is teh answer, just not teh one you like, how can one with has Jesus need to do communion to remember Him, when He is with you always, if He is with you, and you and are with Him why do you need to remember Him I share with Him everyday, that is what "communion" is. You are a religious person doing what your religion demands. You could just talk to Jesus.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is teh answer, just not teh one you like, how can one with has Jesus need to do communion to remember Him, when He is with you always, if He is with you, and you and are with Him why do you need to remember Him I share with Him everyday, that is what "communion" is. You are a religious person doing what your religion demands. You could just talk to Jesus.
Ummmm....because He said to do it?o_O

It is not a matter if I like it or not sir. Your decision is between you and Him....not you and me.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YEs you choose a tradition I choose Him.
You must have a different bible than me sir. Here is what my bible says: Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

That sir is not tradition. You obviously don't know tradition for the commandments of Jesus. That is what Jesus told us to do. You have decided to ignore him. I don't care. Stop acting like this is between you and me. It isn't!!! You don't need to keep defending yourself with me. Save your excuses for when you get to the gates of heaven and you knock and ask to be let in.

Jesus said this also: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you!

NOT participating in communion is a 500 year tradition of men. Christians have been doing what Jesus commanded them to do since He rose from the dead.

I gave you a bible study lesson and a history lesson all in one message....YOUR WELCOME!! ;)

IHS...Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOT participating in communion is a 500 year tradition of men. Christians have been doing what Jesus commanded them to do since He rose from the dead.
And the man inserted and organized traditional practices of the Catholic Church have developed over a 1700 year period. So what does that mean? Consider that Judaism at the time of Christ had already existed for about 1500 years. Old age in men or in men's traditions does not make them correct. There are Jews today who still say they have the right answer. If time is the key then with about 3500 years in existence should we not then go to the Jews for the truth?

Faced with Jesus, the Truth, the Jews chose rather to follow their traditions.

Faced with Jesus, the Truth, the Catholics chose rather to follow their traditions.

The one needs to kill an innocent lamb repeatedly. The other needs to eat wafers of bread repeatedly. Both claim to have received their traditions from God. Which one is right? Is either one of them right?

I could quote more scripture here, but you have decided that you and your church are right and every other person is wrong. The Jews twisted what God showed them and the Catholics have twisted what Jesus said.

This divided opinion between one set of men's ways and another set of men's ways leaves us no real choice but to go directly to God for the right answer.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the man inserted and organized traditional practices of the Catholic Church have developed over a 1700 year period. So what does that mean? Consider that Judaism at the time of Christ had already existed for about 1500 years. Old age in men or in men's traditions does not make them correct. There are Jews today who still say they have the right answer. If time is the key then with about 3500 years in existence should we not then go to the Jews for the truth?

Faced with Jesus, the Truth, the Jews chose rather to follow their traditions.

Faced with Jesus, the Truth, the Catholics chose rather to follow their traditions.

The one needs to kill an innocent lamb repeatedly. The other needs to eat wafers of bread repeatedly. Both claim to have received their traditions from God. Which one is right? Is either one of them right?

I could quote more scripture here, but you have decided that you and your church are right and every other person is wrong. The Jews twisted what God showed them and the Catholics have twisted what Jesus said.

This divided opinion between one set of men's ways and another set of men's ways leaves us no real choice but to go directly to God for the right answer.
And Amadeus inserted and organized his own traditional practices of the his church that he has developed over a XX period of years that he has been alive. Faced with Jesus, the Truth, Amadeus chose rather to follow his traditions and translations of scripture. Jesus told us to eat wafers of bread repeatedly when HE said this: "Do this in remembrance of me". Amadeus has started his own tradition of not doing it.

I could quote more scripture here but you have decided that YOU are right and every other person is wrong. Amadeus has twisted what Jesus said. So what does that mean?

IHS...Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Amadeus inserted and organized his own traditional practices of the his church that he has developed over a XX period of years that he has been alive. Faced with Jesus, the Truth, Amadeus chose rather to follow his traditions and translations of scripture. Jesus told us to eat wafers of bread repeatedly when HE said this: "Do this in remembrance of me". Amadeus has started his own tradition of not doing it.

I could quote more scripture here but you have decided that YOU are right and every other person is wrong. Amadeus has twisted what Jesus said. So what does that mean?

IHS...Mary
No, I went directly to God as I suggested. I haven't got it all yet, but He is not finished with me and I am growing. The organized churches are not, because they routinely quench the Holy Spirit in their members. Without the Holy Spirit there can be no Life and without Life there cannot be any growth.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I went directly to God as I suggested. I haven't got it all yet, but He is not finished with me and I am growing. The organized churches are not, because they routinely quench the Holy Spirit in their members. Without the Holy Spirit there can be no Life and without Life there cannot be any growth.
The men of the "organized churches" didn't go directly to God? Hmmmmmm.......;)

He spoke to you but not them? Fascinating!!!:rolleyes:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The men of the "organized churches" didn't go directly to God? Hmmmmmm.......;)

He spoke to you but not them? Fascinating!!!:rolleyes:
To the extent that they were organized by men God's input was not invited nor accepted by them as He is not invited nor accepted by so many today.

God does speak to men today as He has always spoken to men whose hearts were open to receive. Do you deny that God has done that and that God is able to do that? Is God so powerless as that?

You want to say that God has never spoken to me, but your basis for that is apparently because He has not spoken to you about these things. Your presumption is in error. In the OT only a select few had direct communication with God. Jesus came so that that could be changed and it has been. But you along with many who claim to believe in Him deny His power:

"Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." II Tim 3:5

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the extent that they were organized by men God's input was not invited nor accepted by them as He is not invited nor accepted by so many today.

God does speak to men today as He has always spoken to men whose hearts were open to receive. Do you deny that God has done that and that God is able to do that? Is God so powerless as that?

You want to say that God has never spoken to me, but your basis for that is apparently because He has not spoken to you about these things. Your presumption is in error. In the OT only a select few had direct communication with God. Jesus came so that that could be changed and it has been. But you along with many who claim to believe in Him deny His power:

"Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." II Tim 3:5
Really??

'God does speak to men today"....But he didn't speak to the men who walked and talked with the Apostles.....Fascinating.

"He has always spoken to men whose hearts were open to receive"....But THEIR hearts weren't open to receive?? Yours was.... Interesting....

My presumption is in error??? Hmmmmm.....God spoke to YOU but not them....Wow....

Jesus changed that huh??? Now he speaks to EVERYONE??? With the caveat that He is invited or accepted by the person that wants God to speak to them. And THEY didn't invite or accept Him....How do you know this?????

Soooo to get back to the topic.....Why don't you do what He told you to do and they did do what he told them to do????

Never mind....He talked to you....and not themo_O

Curious Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really??

'God does speak to men today"....But he didn't speak to the men who walked and talked with the Apostles.....Fascinating.
I cannot speak to their case. I can only speak for myself.

"He has always spoken to men whose hearts were open to receive"....But THEIR hearts weren't open to receive?? Yours was.... Interesting....

My presumption is in error??? Hmmmmm.....God spoke to YOU but not them....Wow....
You are quite quick to put words in my mouth.

Jesus changed that huh??? Now he speaks to EVERYONE??? With the caveat that He is invited or accepted by the person that wants God to speak to them. And THEY didn't invite or accept Him....How do you know this?????
Reading the Bible and listening to God!
What do you think the ears to hear and the eyes to see are. They are in people who have the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Soooo to get back to the topic.....Why don't you do what He told you to do and they did do what he told them to do????

I already answered your question. You simply would not believe my answer.

Never mind....He talked to you....and not themo_O

Why would you not believe that Jesus talks to people? What did he say?

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27

Who do you think his sheep are? Don't you hear his voice? If not, why not?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You must have a different bible than me sir. Here is what my bible says: Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
no I just have Jesus, have you not read

Joh 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

and for @amadeus

Joh 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

you have your religion we have Christ, you made your choice we made ours.

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ah, who is "we?"

all 4 of you, or what?
i mean, i understand that A and myself--at least--are condemned by you, but could you describe who this "we" is? ty
any witnesses to your pov will be fine
@mjrhealth

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no I just have Jesus, have you not read

Joh 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

and for @amadeus

Joh 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

you have your religion we have Christ, you made your choice we made ours.
Amen! Many do not understand that in the Bible alone or in the church house alone, we can be lost. Perfect church attendance and daily Bible reading may get us a gold star from the Sunday School teacher, but what will it get us from God?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ah, who is "we?"

all 4 of you, or what?
i mean, i understand that A and myself--at least--are condemned by you, but could you describe who this "we" is? ty
any witnesses to your pov will be fine
@mjrhealth
Condemend is that how you feel, how can those in "Christ" feel condemned, as I said before, we all have our choice, teh we is those who are in Him, if you are in Him there is no condemnation, like I said do as you will ,most christians do. The best anyone can do is offer you Christ, than teh choosing is yours.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country