Do you do this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But...it is all in how you see it:

Luke 11:33-35
No one, when he has lit a lamp, puts it in a secret place or under a basket, but on a lampstand, that those who come in may see the light. The lamp of the body is the eye. Therefore, when your eye is good, your whole body also is full of light. But when your eye is bad, your body also is full of darkness. Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness."

Thank you.

Not sure what that passage has to do with you ignoring what Jesus told you to do.

Remember what Jesus said Scott? Do this in remembrance of me. You read and hear the words of Christ and they are not spirit to you.

BTW..... He explained his parables to his Apostles when they were parables. His bread of life discourse he did not need to explain it to his Apostles because it was not a parable. The Jews walked away because it was a hard saying. It appears so have you. I believe what Jesus said. Do you?

It is by His Spirit that I speak to you.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have already told you that I am in touch with God on this. I am not walking alone in the dark. If I do not need to explain anything to you, why is that you continue to ask for answers?
I also am in touch with God on this. He told me you are wrong. I am not walking alone in the dark for I have scripture, billions of fellow Christians that practice and believe what I believe and 2,000 years of Christian Truth to back me up. I am just trying to shine His light on the darkness you are in so you can find your way out.

The question was rhetorical. Do you need me to explain to you what that means?

Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also am in touch with God on this. He told me you are wrong. I am not walking alone in the dark for I have scripture, billions of fellow Christians that practice and believe what I believe and 2,000 years of Christian Truth to back me up. I am just trying to shine His light on the darkness you are in so you can find your way out.

The question was rhetorical. Do you need me to explain to you what that means?

Mary
OK I'll bend if you think it will help. I am completely blind to your way of seeing. I received not even a reflected glimmer.

Go ahead and follow the billions, if you really think the majority rules on the things of God. Jesus did stand alone when even his closest followers ran away.

The 2,000 years presumes that you are standing on the Lord's side. There has been a wrong side for that same 2,000 years as well.
But the judgment is not mine nor yours. Of course I believe I am right or I would really move. Of course you believe you are right or you would move.

Is there no possibility that we are both right? Or... both wrong?

Reactions: Helen

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK I'll bend if you think it will help. I am completely blind to your way of seeing. I received not even a reflected glimmer.

Go ahead and follow the billions, if you really think the majority rules on the things of God. Jesus did stand alone when even his closest followers ran away.

The 2,000 years presumes that you are standing on the Lord's side. There has been a wrong side for that same 2,000 years as well.
But the judgment is not mine nor yours. Of course I believe I am right or I would really move. Of course you believe you are right or you would move.

Is there no possibility that we are both right? Or... both wrong?
Really?

Blind to "Do this in remembrance of me. This is my body/blood. You must eat my body and blood to have life in you."

When you deny those words from scripture and 2,000 years of teaching that mirrors the teachings of the men who walked and talked with the Apostles you are presuming that your 500 year protestant teaching is on the RIGHT side of history. ;)

But since you are admittedly blind, you can't see that.

We can't both be right or both be wrong. Jesus said it is His body/blood. He said do this in remembrance of me.

Marymog agrees with Jesus and says it is His body/blood. Marymog does what He said to do.

Amadeus does not!

Soooo only one of us is right. The one who practices opposite of what Jesus said is wrong.

IHS...Mary

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

Not sure what that passage has to do with you ignoring what Jesus told you to do.

Remember what Jesus said Scott? Do this in remembrance of me. You read and hear the words of Christ and they are not spirit to you.

BTW..... He explained his parables to his Apostles when they were parables. His bread of life discourse he did not need to explain it to his Apostles because it was not a parable. The Jews walked away because it was a hard saying. It appears so have you. I believe what Jesus said. Do you?

It is by His Spirit that I speak to you.

Mary
Bla bla bla... you don't remember even what we were discussing, and now you say things that are not true, for "All things come in parables."

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you able to answer my very simple questions....Or not??

Why don’t you do what scripture says and imitate Him? Why do you ignore Him and his request?

Curious Mary
what you mean this part,

Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

you have no interest in the truth mary all you want is to be told what you want to hear, Scratching your ears can give you a rash you know.

Drop your religion and chase after Him you'd be far better off, at teh moment you are digging yourself a grave, You do know who the deceiver is, you know that one how twists truth to deceive men.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Luke 22:19 Jesus says to “Do this in remembrance of me”. Later on in Luke 24:30 He did with his disciples what he was asking us to do. When He did it their eyes were opened.

In John 6:53 He tells us Verily, verily if we don’t do it we have no life in us. We all know the power of the words Verily, verily when Jesus proclaims it!

Lest we forget what Paul wrote in 1 Cor. 10:16–17. Paul was taught by the Apostles and he knew when he did what Jesus commanded him to do that he was sharing in the body of Christ. Paul later goes on to say in 1 Corinthians 11:23–29 if you do this in an unworthy manner YOU will be answerable for the body and blood of the Lord further saying all who do this without discerning the body eat and drink judgment against themselves. In Acts 20:7 we find out that Paul and his fellow Christians did what Jesus asked us to do on the first day of the week.

In the Didache (1st century writing) it is written that they did this in remembrance of Him. They taught that no one should do this unless they that have been baptized and they said that what they were sharing/doing was Holy. (Do not give what is holy to the dogs)

Late first and early 2nd century historical Roman writings accuse the Christians of being cannibals because they did this, just like Jesus commanded them to do.

A student of the Apostle John, Ignatius of Antioch, became upset that some of the Christians of his time weren’t doing what Jesus commanded they do. He was taught that by NOT doing this they were denying a gift from God (Letter to the Smyrnaeans, Ch 6).

My question is: Do you do this in remembrance of Him? How often? If you don’t then I am curious why you don’t? Do you have any scriptural justification for NOT doing it? Will one not go to heaven if they don’t do it?

IHS....Mary

"My question is: Do you do this in remembrance of Him? How often? If you don’t then I am curious why you don’t? Do you have any scriptural justification for NOT doing it? Will one not go to heaven if they don’t do it?"

Answer: Yes. Once a week.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
;)
Bla bla bla... you don't remember even what we were discussing, and now you say things that are not true, for "All things come in parables."
Hi ScottA,

Thank you once again for being condescending. I have noticed you resort to that when you can't justify your actions or back up with scripture what you personally believe.

I am trying to help you ScottA. You read and hear the words of Christ but they are not spirit to you. It is by His Spirit that I speak to you. It makes me sad that you don't want to hear from Him who has sent me.

FYI..... I am not messing with you like you messed with me. You don't deserve to be messed with....You deserve His love..... You deserve The Truth. I have given that Truth to you. I have shown you the light (John 19:3-21) it is up to you to walk toward it.

BTW... I am enjoying my salad. ;)

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what you mean this part,

Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

you have no interest in the truth mary all you want is to be told what you want to hear, Scratching your ears can give you a rash you know.

Drop your religion and chase after Him you'd be far better off, at teh moment you are digging yourself a grave, You do know who the deceiver is, you know that one how twists truth to deceive men.
Hi mrhealth,

Are you able to answer my very simple questions....Or not??

Why don’t you do what scripture says and imitate Him? Why do you ignore Him and his request?

I know why: John 5:38

The reason you know that scratching your ears leads to a rash is because you have a bad rash on your ears????:p

My ears are fine but twisting scripture leads you to your own destruction.

Love....Mary

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
;)
Hi ScottA,

Thank you once again for being condescending. I have noticed you resort to that when you can't justify your actions or back up with scripture what you personally believe.

I am trying to help you ScottA. You read and hear the words of Christ but they are not spirit to you. It is by His Spirit that I speak to you. It makes me sad that you don't want to hear from Him who has sent me.

FYI..... I am not messing with you like you messed with me. You don't deserve to be messed with....You deserve His love..... You deserve The Truth. I have given that Truth to you. I have shown you the light (John 19:3-21) it is up to you to walk toward it.

BTW... I am enjoying my salad. ;)

Mary
Psychological projection. Enjoy.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psychological projection. Enjoy.

IHS...Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?

Blind to "Do this in remembrance of me. This is my body/blood. You must eat my body and blood to have life in you."

When you deny those words from scripture and 2,000 years of teaching that mirrors the teachings of the men who walked and talked with the Apostles you are presuming that your 500 year protestant teaching is on the RIGHT side of history. ;)

But since you are admittedly blind, you can't see that.

We can't both be right or both be wrong. Jesus said it is His body/blood. He said do this in remembrance of me.

Marymog agrees with Jesus and says it is His body/blood. Marymog does what He said to do.

Amadeus does not!

Soooo only one of us is right. The one who practices opposite of what Jesus said is wrong.

IHS...Mary
"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

Yes indeed.
But it seems that some do not like to walk the walk of faith, but wish for every i to be dotted and every t to be crossed for them...then wrapped and put in neat little boxes!!
Oh the blessing of spending quiet time with God and allowing Him to unfold things to us. :)

bless you....H

Reactions: amadeus

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning Amadeus,

Marymog agrees with Jesus and says it is His body/blood. Marymog does what He said to do. Amadeus does not!

You sir are blind and you will fall into the pit..... Matthew 15:14

Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh, so God has ordained you a prophet now, eh?:eek:

Methinks Marymog should walk her own walk and allow Amadeus to walk his.
Before his own Master he stands or falls....not before us!!
He has been at it a long time now, and he knows how to hear from the Lord :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning Amadeus,

Marymog agrees with Jesus and says it is His body/blood. Marymog does what He said to do. Amadeus does not!

You sir are blind and you will fall into the pit..... Matthew 15:14

Mary
Indeed as you quoted verse said:

"Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch." Matt 15:14

Otherwise consider these verses:

"Judge not, that ye be not judged."
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." Matt 7:1-2

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed as you quoted verse said:

"Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch." Matt 15:14

Otherwise consider these verses:

"Judge not, that ye be not judged."
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." Matt 7:1-2

Amadeus does not think he is fulfilling 2 Peter 3:16....but he is.

Mary