Do You Ever Hold Back From Asking A Question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I dont like that either. But you have to respect people's edumacation (Lol) or they still get insulted. I accidently ran into a (supposed) real Physicist that was chopping down one of my posts. So I asked how he knows these things so he rattled off all his numbers and lletters after his name...lot'sa pride! So I gently assured him that we walk in faith and this is how God is revealing truth to us. There's laboratorys and there's hearts & spirits.
The part I have learnt is....my opinion is just as valid as anyone else’s....

I’m not saying it’s more valid...but, it’s no less valid either.xx

I’ve had to figure all this out..because my opinion in the family had no standing, as I was always told it was wrong..therefore I would always believe others opinions over my own..if that makes sense.

Now I know, that everyone’s opinion is just that , an opinion...no more no less than anyone else’s.

I think listening to what others have to say, broadens our minds...it’s so good to see out of ones own opinion and see from another perspective...xx

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The part I have learnt is....my opinion is just as valid as anyone else’s....

I’m not saying it’s more valid...but, it’s no less valid either.xx

I’ve had to figure all this out..because my opinion in the family had no standing, as I was always told it was wrong..therefore I would always believe others opinions over my own..if that makes sense.

Now I know, that everyone’s opinion is just that , an opinion...no more no less than anyone else’s.

I think listening to what others have to say, broadens our minds...it’s so good to see out of ones own opinion and see from another perspective...xx

Oh, now that's just completely wrong...No, I am kidding, lol. Actually, it sounds like you've thought this through pretty well. Everyones opinion is valid until it could be shown to be overshadowed by a greater truth then there is learning afoot. But what most people seem not to realize is that everyone on earth, all humans are on the same level playing field. Some people are wiser than others to us, but not to God! Some sort of Tribesman in Africa that lives off the land is just a valuable Brother as Trump or somebody like that. But those people who are full pride and edumation put thir trust unto their learning instead of God. That's their mistake!

When one of those know it alls talks to me, I got used to being able to set aside my preconceived notions long enough to listen to what he says...and it takes me either further away from the truth, or it sounds plausible. That's getting easier and easier to discern.

I asked the Lord one day to give me more discernment, and you know what He told me?! He said if I want to learn discernment to, when I look at strangers on the street, to try to see Him in them and recognize Him! That blew my miind! (TILT) I'm still chewing on that!

Reactions: Rita and Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, now that's just completely wrong...No, I am kidding, lol. Actually, it sounds like you've thought this through pretty well. Everyones opinion is valid until it could be shown to be overshadowed by a greater truth then there is learning afoot. But what most people seem not to realize is that everyone on earth, all humans are on the same level playing field. Some people are wiser than others to us, but not to God! Some sort of Tribesman in Africa that lives off the land is just a valuable Brother as Trump or somebody like that. But those people who are full pride and edumation put thir trust unto their learning instead of God. That's their mistake!

When one of those know it alls talks to me, I got used to being able to set aside my preconceived notions long enough to listen to what he says...and it takes me either further away from the truth, or it sounds plausible. That's getting easier and easier to discern.

I asked the Lord one day to give me more discernment, and you know what He told me?! He said if I want to learn discernment to, when I look at strangers on the street, to try to see Him in them and recognize Him! That blew my miind! (TILT) I'm still chewing on that!
I don’t agree with any of that!! Hehehehe. ( joking) ....seriously thanks for sharing ...lot of insight imo in your post.

Reactions: MA2444 and Rita

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone noticed that some of us play the “ emotional card” ?

I’ve played it in ignorance..I don’t believe I play it now imo.

Can someone explain what I mean by playing the “ emotional card” xx

I understand what I believe it to mean, because my family played that card on me throughout my life, so, imo, I recognise that trait straight away in a person...

Last edited:

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the Op, too many ask a question, then after opening the thread, its all about them teaching what it means. and it wasn't a question at all.

Reactions: Pearl

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The reformation was about returning to the original church teaching and doctrine, that the church had gotten far away from. That's the short answer.
Now that’s interesting, I kind of thought it was more about moving forward and breaking free - you know ‘ re- forming something’ ( making something new )

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that’s interesting, I kind of thought it was more about moving forward and breaking free - you know ‘ re- forming something’ ( making something new )
That's a prevailing thought in the Catholic church. But Luther's 95 theses of disputes with the church nailed to the church door, spells it out. The early church had bibles in Greek, but Jerome translated it to Latin. Then only the church leaders could interpret the bible and regular people couldn't own a bible. Until Luther. That's a short answer too.

Reactions: Rita

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the Op, too many ask a question, then after opening the thread, its all about them teaching what it means. and it wasn't a question at all.

How users are on this forum? There's a lot of pride on this forum, and it makes things unenjoyable.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Do You Ever Hold Back From Asking A Question​

Of course, as per the rules of this forum!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
haha, coming in all innocent then taking the floor to preach at anyone listening! How quickly respect is sidelined with that approach!

Reactions: Rita

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They say, "The only dumb question is the one you don't ask".

The logical corollary is, "If you have a dumb question, make it the one you don't ask".