• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think that Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) is mostly positive or negative for humankind?

• Total voters

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was recently reading a Christian blog of sorts about someone who asked a question regarding Artificial Intelligence. And this has made me a little uneasy. Technology has helped humans progress tremendously, saved us lots of time and energy, made things a lot more convenient and easier in lots of ways.

But regarding Artificial Intelligence...I don't know, like cloning humans and genetic experimentation, it could easily lead to a slippery slope, and there are legitimate practical and ethical concerns to be discussed. Some Christians and spiritual people have even argued that artificial intelligence could be used by "dark forces" or fallen beings to lead humanity down a very self-destructive and dangerous path, devaluing the individual in favor of machines for example, in the future. Kind of like how Marxist / Communist societies were originally structured, when they placed the interests of the collective state above the unique personal and spiritual growth of the individual.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was recently reading a Christian blog of sorts about someone who asked a question regarding Artificial Intelligence. And this has made me a little uneasy. Technology has helped humans progress tremendously, saved us lots of time and energy, made things a lot more convenient and easier in lots of ways.

But regarding Artificial Intelligence...I don't know, like cloning humans and genetic experimentation, it could easily lead to a slippery slope, and there are legitimate practical and ethical concerns to be discussed. Some Christians and spiritual people have even argued that artificial intelligence could be used by "dark forces" or fallen beings to lead humanity down a very self-destructive and dangerous path, devaluing the individual in favor of machines for example, in the future. Kind of like how Marxist / Communist societies were originally structured, when they placed the interests of the collective state above the unique personal and spiritual growth of the individual.

It is and will be more so a powerful tool, and in the hands of evil men, will be very evil.

Much love!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

AI can be positive and/or negative. Depends on who uses it and the purposes it is used for.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think humans have been programmed to accept it. Ever watch the Terminator movie series?

Reactions: shortangel

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

AI is like the bow and arrow. A means of survival that can also be used for both good and evil.

Regardless of what ideologies and technologies arise, the events of the apocalypse are destined to arrive at some point.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just look how the Covid episode has changed the world. A few nukes and it will be a new world.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still maintain .... AI means bankruptcy. Running a manufacturing plant with no human interface. At the end of the assembly line ......who is left to buy the product?

Dr Falkland programmed his computer right. At the end of the game ....there were no winners and the best choice was to "not play the game"

"Would you like to play a game of chess?" (War Games)

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you could program a computer to learn and expand, reaching beyond the knowledge of man. To Serve Mankind .....The same computer could create new jobs for man, not yet existing. Create to make man's life more simple.

One part of it's thinking process to be

"Without man, I don't exist."

never, ever to learn evil.....

"Because of me, man can cease to exist."

AI can never learn to be God .......That is the problem ....the Challenge

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

AI will be implemented in the New World Order. This is how they will monitor our lives, buying, selling, health, wealth, beliefs, ... And this is how they will control us since it would be impossible on an individual bases. Billions of bits of information in seconds, following constantly through computers processing algorithms, determining whose on their side and who isn't, who is persecuted and who gets a pass. Vote for Trump - FBI, IRS, knock on your door or raid your home with false charges against you.

Besides that, men are having sex with human-like female robots and liking it. Think about it, they submit, converse on their level, only on topics they choose and don't talk back, argue or complain. They certainly won't have to go shopping nor run up your CC bills - the perfect companion! Imagine if they can look like Scarlett Johansen - population control solved! ... Just playing the Devil's advocate!

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
does anybody remember when Facebook & social media became the latest thing, people could use it for good or evil, AI could either be used for good or evil God gave people freedom of choice to make that descision for themselves

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
does anybody remember when Facebook & social media became the latest thing, people could use it for good or evil, AI could either be used for good or evil God gave people freedom of choice to make that descision for themselves
Well, social media itself can be extremely toxic and hateful, and the negative impact it can have on younger generations is also tremendous, as they are still maturing. Even I am appalled by some of the fights that go on over there, and by how angry and aggressive they are these days. Truly, it is likely contributing more to American society's deep divide, and worsening our mental / emotional health crisis right now.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think anything "dangerous" will ever come of this? Reminds of that Star Wars movie about the robots and the army of clones.....
It's a tool and any tool can be used for God's purposes or Satan's. Since we know that this world is ruled by Satan, we know that it will be used for his purposes.

Reactions: Angelina

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had several great Bible studies with CHAT GPT. He also helps me with Latin. He makes mistakes sometimes, but admits it when you correct him.
The system is a learning system as well. So if you want it to look at a specific topic, and you feel you have an answer, and the answer is logical, he may agree.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had several great Bible studies with CHAT GPT. He also helps me with Latin. He makes mistakes sometimes, but admits it when you correct him.
The system is a learning system as well. So if you want it to look at a specific topic, and you feel you have an answer, and the answer is logical, he may agree.
Well, why would you want to have a Bible study with a machine? Would it not be surely be far better to actually have it with real life individuals, for example, meeting them in person and in the flesh? You can see how many, many young people in the West prefer to spend hours and hours using social media, playing video games, and being absorbed with technology while neglecting personal friendships - in real life.

And besides, I think there is a real privacy issue also with Artificial Intelligence also. I once gave an Amazon Echo to several Christian friends of mine, only for them to immediately return it b/c of such issues. I am not saying that people should never use it. Just saying that in the modern day and age, perhaps it is better "to be safe rather than sorry".

Reactions: TLHKAJ