Do you have a calling?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My calling I believe is to follow the Lord.....not people in the world, ...I’m to look to him and only him, put my complete faith and trust in him.

To 100% rely on him.....I can do nothing of self, it has no profit....everything is in our Lord Jesus.

This for me, has taken years to understand.
And now a friendly reminder . Man that speech was beautiful rita . Brought joy to my heart .
Yes it is all about looking to CHRIST JESUS and putting our complete faith and trust in HIM and in HE alone .
And now comes the reminder . But does our JESUS being with a j or with THE J .
Is our JESUS the one in the bible or is it another jesus .
Does our JESUS correct sin and error within the church .
Does our JESUS give faith in HE ALONE , BELIEVING IN HIM as the ONLY WAY to be saved
or , does our jesus simply say hug all , all paths lead to god and hold that rainbow high .
Does our JESUS stick to all the teachings of the one in that bible
or does it hold more to emotions and truths that seem relative to the ever changing society around us .
IS our JESUS the one with THE J or the one with a j . Cause i see and have seen a dire problem within
, well lets just say , to be very , very modest , about ninety five percent of christians i see today ,
Are spouting some good sounding stuff . But sure seem to be following another jesus
one which sure seems to be overlooking sins and errors , and worse even celebrating and calling certain sins and errors love
I sure seem to see a generation that at face value can spout by lip what would have sounded perfect and good
but then upon examining their jesus , OH BOY , how do i put this kindly , CONTRADICTS the biblical pattern
and resembles not GOD , but rather he who desired to be as GOD .
My advice now , we better know the JESUS of that bible and what HE taught and what the apostles taught .
WE better know our JESUS is THE JESUS of said bible , and not rather another image OF SAID JESUS
which , well it aint JESUS .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You all have a blessed day now , ya hear . just another message from what most think is the hater and monster of humanity .
BUT AM I , am i really such a man . OR , is it just by the grace of GOD i was put into ONE HOLY BOOK
and by that same grace learned it well and now see clearly that indeed another image of GOD and of JESUS
has replaced the TRUE GOD and HIS CHRIST JESUS . Guess the only way to know that
is , GET A SNORTFUL of that bible and stay glued in it . THEN ye shall know whether my words are coming FROM GOD
or from the devil . BUT , DO GET IN THAT BIBLE PLEASE . not your pastor , THE BIBLE .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My calling is to preach Jesus in Sunday schools and bible studies. i was never called to Pastor cause I know I couldn't do it. The Holy Spirit leads me where to go.
I used to teach in a priest group. It was when I was Mormon. I didn't like following the Mormon course and tried to introduce more of Jesus into the lessons. I felt the Holy Spirit strong when I did that. It was pleasant.

Reactions: Nancy and marks

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Do you have a calling?​

I've been calling most of my life. S'pose that means I qualify!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And now a friendly reminder . Man that speech was beautiful rita . Brought joy to my heart .
Yes it is all about looking to CHRIST JESUS and putting our complete faith and trust in HIM and in HE alone .
And now comes the reminder . But does our JESUS being with a j or with THE J .
Is our JESUS the one in the bible or is it another jesus .
Does our JESUS correct sin and error within the church .
Does our JESUS give faith in HE ALONE , BELIEVING IN HIM as the ONLY WAY to be saved
or , does our jesus simply say hug all , all paths lead to god and hold that rainbow high .
Does our JESUS stick to all the teachings of the one in that bible
or does it hold more to emotions and truths that seem relative to the ever changing society around us .
IS our JESUS the one with THE J or the one with a j . Cause i see and have seen a dire problem within
, well lets just say , to be very , very modest , about ninety five percent of christians i see today ,
Are spouting some good sounding stuff . But sure seem to be following another jesus
one which sure seems to be overlooking sins and errors , and worse even celebrating and calling certain sins and errors love
I sure seem to see a generation that at face value can spout by lip what would have sounded perfect and good
but then upon examining their jesus , OH BOY , how do i put this kindly , CONTRADICTS the biblical pattern
and resembles not GOD , but rather he who desired to be as GOD .
My advice now , we better know the JESUS of that bible and what HE taught and what the apostles taught .
WE better know our JESUS is THE JESUS of said bible , and not rather another image OF SAID JESUS
which , well it aint JESUS .
My advise to you is.

Keep your nose out of other peoples business, regardless of their gender...it’s none of your business if they are gay or otherwise.

Only God can speak to a persons heart and convict them of sin...

As for “ lip service “ yours is all over the forum!..sigh....and personally, I don’t think it’s a great message to get the word of God across to the world.

Your posts condemn those who are, what you say they are,.,. If I came across your posts as a non believer ...on this forum...I would question them....as they sound like a controlling “ religious fanatic”....my thoughts and belief.

Jesus would not imo, speak to those who are in sin or live in sin the way you do..

You too once lived in sin....now you come across as some “ Self Righteous” dictator...I can actually understand now why Jim loses it with you at times!

My question to you also is....why aren’t you knocking on gay and lesbian doors ...calling them out on their sin as you keep repeating all over this forum?

If God has called you to do this. I mean , you are doing it all over the forum behind a keyboard.

Why not face to face?

Why just behind the safety of your keyboard?

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The church rita . The church .
We must correct all error WITHIN the church .
To the world we must point to Christ Jesus . And yah , i was the worst of the worst .
So too was paul . And he didnt call himself hyprocrital cause he now warned the church against all sins and errors .
Just a real friendly reminder rita . Leaders have failed the masses . I do not plan to go down their road .
Love corrects . All sin within the church must be corrected and exposed . all sound doctrine must be taught
and reminded . In person i have spoken to folks . Even to gays i worked with .
I simply do as i am led to do .
Matthew 22:39 KJV
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. The Lord Is Our God!

Jesus states that one will be able to identify false prophets by their fruits. False prophets will not produce good fruits.​

What Does the Bible Say About Homosexuality?​

The Bible’s answer
God created humans to engage in sex only within the arrangement of marriage between a male and a female. (Genesis 1:27, 28; Leviticus 18:22; Proverbs 5:18, 19) The Bible condemns sexual activity that is not between a husband and wife, whether it is homosexual or heterosexual conduct. (1 Corinthians 6:18) This includes intercourse, fondling another person’s genitals, and engaging in oral or anal sex.
While the Bible disapproves of homosexual acts, it does not condone hatred of homosexuals or homophobia. Instead, Christians are directed to “respect everyone.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church rita . The church .
We must correct all error WITHIN the church .
To the world we must point to Christ Jesus . And yah , i was the worst of the worst .
So too was paul . And he didnt call himself hyprocrital cause he now warned the church against all sins and errors .
Just a real friendly reminder rita . Leaders have failed the masses . I do not plan to go down their road .
Love corrects . All sin within the church must be corrected and exposed . all sound doctrine must be taught
and reminded . In person i have spoken to folks . Even to gays i worked with .
I simply do as i am led to do .
You said love corrects.
Do you get how many times that is used though? “I’m only saying this because I love you?”
but many times what is called “out of love” or for the good of the other person…is unknowingly to build yourself up by tearing others down. Or to bury them, while raising yourself up. There are few examples of this kind of love we are a warned of in His word. One I think of is Old Testament where they put the bottle to their brothers lips to get him drunk…so they can get him “naked” and look on his shame of “nakedness”…being unclothed instead of clothed upon in Christ. Another is they expose infants(not literal infants but infants or babes in Christ, one for whom Christ died) to destroy them. No one knows when someone claims they are doing what they do out of love, whether that is true or not. One warning to me whether it is out of love…is if they don’t care whether you see it as love or not …but only they must without a doubt be right because they say it is love. And their word is all that matters(their perspective of themselves as truly out of love). That gets sketchy to me. If someone doesn’t care if I question it as love but all that matters is that they call it love. that is all that matters while they claim it is for my benefit. Second warning to me is; if my shame being exposed builds or contributes to their shamelessness. I would have to ask…who is benefiting here the most by my being told the truth (theirs) out of love? I mean…using the exposure of my shame to feel cleaner of above what I’m to be ashamed of? Yes countless things are claimed to be out from love but just because it asserts itself as out from love, just because it asserts itself as such doesn’t automatically make it out from love. Instead, maybe the opposite of Love. it blows my mind that Paul set with one who was weak and voiced he would not harm one who was weak for whom Christ died, for if Paul did harm one who was weak for whom Christ died…the he harmed Christ(guilty of harming Christ). Anyone can say I tell you the truth out of love. i Guess Jesus did tell some truly hard truths. But at the same time He knew what was in the hearts of men.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said love corrects.
Do you get how many times that is used though? “I’m only saying this because I love you?”
but many times what is called “out of love” or for the good of the other person…is unknowingly to build yourself up by tearing others down. Or to bury them, while raising yourself up. There are few examples of this kind of love we are a warned of in His word. One I think of is Old Testament where they put the bottle to their brothers lips to get him drunk…so they can get him “naked” and look on his shame of “nakedness”…being unclothed instead of clothed upon in Christ. Another is they expose infants(not literal infants but infants or babes in Christ, one for whom Christ died) to destroy them. No one knows when someone claims they are doing what they do out of love, whether that is true or not. One warning to me whether it is out of love…is if they don’t care whether you see it as love or not …but only they must without a doubt be right because they say it is love. And their word is all that matters(their perspective of themselves as truly out of love). That gets sketchy to me. If someone doesn’t care if I question it as love but all that matters is that they call it love. that is all that matters while they claim it is for my benefit. Second warning to me is; if my shame being exposed builds or contributes to their shamelessness. I would have to ask…who is benefiting here the most by my being told the truth (theirs) out of love? I mean…using the exposure of my shame to feel cleaner of above what I’m to be ashamed of? Yes countless things are claimed to be out from love but just because it asserts itself as out from love, just because it asserts itself as such doesn’t automatically make it out from love. Instead, maybe the opposite of Love. it blows my mind that Paul set with one who was weak and voiced he would not harm one who was weak for whom Christ died, for if Paul did harm to one who was weak…he harmed Christ. Anyone can say I tell you the truth out of love. i Guess Jesus did tell some truly hard truths. But at the same time He knew what was in the hearts of men.
Oh, that's good.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Calling'
- it seems..the main focus of this thread.
---
I agree with the perspective..
- there are..'general & specific calling.'
---
General Calling
- You are called to become His child..
- to decide to follow Jesus.
---
Specific Calling
- you are called to serve/participate in His work..missions/ministries.
---
General Calling is the same for all.
Specific Calling is different for every Christian.
---
Gifts & Specific Calling are related..
- sometimes, it takes time (years) to find..what your gift & calling is.
---
I have been working with Christian leaders (in pioneering missions) in several countries..
- my calling..

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If taking credit for everything is selfish, then taking excessive blame is, at best, self-centered.
"Taking credit for everything" good perhaps would be selfish, considering that according to what is written in one place, God alone is good?

May a man then actually be good if he is filled with God's Spirit? Can a man be partly good and partly in darkness [evil]? Can a man be a mixture of good and evil? Can a man switch back and forth between the two?

Jas 3:8But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Jas 3:9Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Jas 3:10Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

Ought not so to be, but...?

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Taking credit for everything" good perhaps would be selfish, considering that according to what is written in one place, God alone is good?

May a man then actually be good if he is filled with God's Spirit? Can a man be partly good and partly in darkness [evil]? Can a man be a mixture of good and evil? Can a man switch back and forth between the two?

Jas 3:8But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Jas 3:9Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Jas 3:10Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

Ought not so to be, but...?

Ah, methinks thou dost preach to the choir.

For, can a man be guilty of more than he committeth?

But, all seriousness aside, I'm a total depravity man, myself. :D

Reactions: amadeus

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 22:39 KJV
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. The Lord Is Our God!

Jesus states that one will be able to identify false prophets by their fruits. False prophets will not produce good fruits.​

What Does the Bible Say About Homosexuality?​

The Bible’s answer
God created humans to engage in sex only within the arrangement of marriage between a male and a female. (Genesis 1:27, 28; Leviticus 18:22; Proverbs 5:18, 19) The Bible condemns sexual activity that is not between a husband and wife, whether it is homosexual or heterosexual conduct. (1 Corinthians 6:18) This includes intercourse, fondling another person’s genitals, and engaging in oral or anal sex.
While the Bible disapproves of homosexual acts, it does not condone hatred of homosexuals or homophobia. Instead, Christians are directed to “respect everyone.
Waring the church that homosexuality is sin , is not hatred .
The pastors need to go get jobs and stop making money off the church and pandering to the times .
Its not a sin to read the bible in a church . Its not a sin to expose what sin is rita .
You wanna know why churches have tanked . THANK seeker friendly .
Paul was not sinning when he wrote that homosexuals or liars or etc WILL NOT inherit the kingdom of GOD
nor was he a hater nor a homophobic . The leaders FAILED the masses rita .
And the men have become like women . Folks cannot even recognize a true godly man in the church anymore .
To them that kind of man sounds like a hater .
A direct grave man , sounds like a hater to this generation .
NO wonder the women rule over the people . THEY more man like than the men are .
I will not fail the people like these sold out men have rita . Me is gonna warn , remind and continue to stir up
with sound doctrine , warnings , all reminders .
ALL sin will be warned against on my watch . Just the way its gonna be . do be encouraged .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said love corrects.
but many times what is called “out of love” or for the good of the other person…is unknowingly to build yourself up by tearing others down. Or to bury them, while raising yourself up. There are few examples of this kind of love we are a warned of in His word. One I think of is Old Testament where they put the bottle to their brothers lips to get him drunk…so they can get him “naked” and look on his shame of “nakedness”…being unclothed instead of clothed upon in Christ. Another is they expose infants(not literal infants but infants or babes in Christ, one for whom Christ died) to destroy them. No one knows when someone claims they are doing what they do out of love, whether that is true or not. One warning to me whether it is out of love…is if they don’t care whether you see it as love or not …but only they must without a doubt be right because they say it is love. And their word is all that matters(their perspective of themselves as truly out of love). That gets sketchy to me. If someone doesn’t care if I question it as love but all that matters is that they call it love. that is all that matters while they claim it is for my benefit. Second warning to me is; if my shame being exposed builds or contributes to their shamelessness. I would have to ask…who is benefiting here the most by my being told the truth (theirs) out of love? I mean…using the exposure of my shame to feel cleaner of above what I’m to be ashamed of? Yes countless things are claimed to be out from love but just because it asserts itself as out from love, just because it asserts itself as such doesn’t automatically make it out from love. Instead, maybe the opposite of Love. it blows my mind that Paul set with one who was weak and voiced he would not harm one who was weak for whom Christ died, for if Paul did harm one who was weak for whom Christ died…the he harmed Christ(guilty of harming Christ). Anyone can say I tell you the truth out of love. i Guess Jesus did tell some truly hard truths. But at the same time He knew what was in the hearts of men.
And its gonna keep correcting . How come its so okay to most of you all and the churches
if i were to step up and warn we should not lie
or we should not murder . BUT MAN if i say we ought not to pratice homosexaulity, ALL OF A SUDDEN
i am a homophobic hater . Exactly . certain sins are being silenced . Churches are being silenced .
NOT ME . i see any error within anyone in the church , and you can bet you top dollar its gettting corrected .
AND if the one in error wont repent , CAST OUT of the church he will be .
I bet now you see me as a blood hungry homosexual hater or whatever .
ALL sin gets exposed . Just the way its gonna be .

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And its gonna keep correcting . How come its so okay to most of you all and the churches
if i were to step up and warn we should not lie
or we should not murder . BUT MAN if i say we ought not to pratice homosexaulity, ALL OF A SUDDEN
i am a homophobic hater . Exactly . certain sins are being silenced . Churches are being silenced .
NOT ME . i see any error within anyone in the church , and you can bet you top dollar its gettting corrected .
AND if the one in error wont repent , CAST OUT of the church he will be .
I bet now you see me as a blood hungry homosexual hater or whatever .
ALL sin gets exposed . Just the way its gonna be .
To be honest I haven’t read your post on homosexuality to come away with any assumptions. I was only speaking of how often gets played, “I am only telling you the truth because I love you.” I thought of a third warning (Imo). When a truth bomb is dropped or thrown at you, and those throwing the truth run away leaving you to sit alone, with the bomb they cast at you. It is like a hit and run. A quick regurgitate one-size-fits-all below and then they vanish. Leaving you there alone as they go away and tell everyone how they dropped the truth on you…and how loving it was. I have a friend and sometimes she is brutally honest. Others have sprang some truth on me and it does hurt. If someone is going to be blunt with me because they love me…I want them to not hit and run but instead bear along side me until it sinks in. To comfort. To help. To endure and stick around. To me that is truth told in love for my sake, like when a friend is blunt not to harm you but to genuinely help you grow for the better. Or that is my opinion on “I only say this because I love you.” Then stay with me and keep trying until it gets through to me…If you love me.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, methinks thou dost preach to the choir.

For, can a man be guilty of more than he committeth?
Much is given, much is required!
But, all seriousness aside, I'm a total depravity man, myself. :D
People will do with it what they will. What matters ultimately is what God does!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is easy at times to want to, or to actually, sit back on one's haunches as if nothing more is needed to endure with God to the end.
March on in the LORD my friend . ITS A DIE DAILY BATTLE MY FRIEND .
let us heed the SPIRIT and not the flesh . and all warnings , all reminders are for our good .
Let us keep the pattern identical to the one left to us by the apostels in that bible . JESUS was with them
and HE kept them and led them BY THE SPIRIT . AND JESUS IS STILL with the lambs .
Let us heed the Spirit , stay in prayer and continue to stay refreshed in biblical doctrine .
And let all that has breath praise and thank the glorious LORD