Do you have a calling?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought this might be a good idea: To let people express what God has called them to do.

For me it has been to work on physics. I can see God directing my inspiration and ideas as I work thru the different problems. I am driven by God to that end as well. Like he won't give up that I feel a need to finish it.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought this might be a good idea: To let people express what God has called them to do.

For me it has been to work on physics. I can see God directing my inspiration and ideas as I work thru the different problems. I am driven by God to that end as well. Like he won't give up that I feel a need to finish it.
The callings I had in the "world" were many in variety, and I do believe I mastered most if not all...Callings in Christ? Hospitality for sure. How much it would be a blessing to have on hand many practical items for those who have nothing! It would have to run on donations of course, but if God is in it, that is NOT a problem. Also, volunteers to help and to grow the ministry. Scripture, and not only the giving of thanks would be spoken before each meal, and there would be scripture reading before any kind of event we might have...and it would remain simple and be blessed of God!
:Bestest::Shining::pray::pray::pray:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing that I could say was unique to me alone. I know Im called to follow Jesus, be a good wife, be a good mother when my unborn baby arrives, and look well to the ways of my household. I feel compelled to be a strong intercessor and extend hospitality as well. I love pro-life ministry and participate as much as Im able. But by the time I take care of all that, I feel like my whole life has been invested.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once I went in faith to California on my own to live with nothing more than a few hundred dollars and the things I brought in my car. I lived there for 8 years and really had a good time. I eventually got more ill from my mental illness and had to come back home to Washington. But perhaps that was a calling for me as God really helped me to do it.

I got to be a boyscout leader for a while and I loved being there for the kids as I was a marine for a while also which helped.

Reactions: Lambano and amadeus

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing that I could say was unique to me alone. I know Im called to follow Jesus, be a good wife, be a good mother when my unborn baby arrives, and look well to the ways of my household. I feel compelled to be a strong intercessor and extend hospitality as well. I love pro-life ministry and participate as much as Im able. But by the time I take care of all that, I feel like my whole life has been invested.
Well I know you volunteer. And being a mother is a tremendously blessed calling in life.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I feel compelled to be a strong intercessor" <----THIS is what I had so wanted and still want to become strong in also Wynona. Sometimes I feel like a young squirrel, looking about all the time like, ooh, what was that noise...hmm, I wonder what they are serving at The Genesis Center tonight
etc. You name it, it flits through my overactive mind! It's like a maze in there anymore so, must needs be quieted before taking on such a task as "incensory prayer"! And, it is still asked of me to The Father...we seek His face best we can see anyhow, and He will draw near, amen.

Reactions: amadeus and Wynona

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still not specific single calling for me that I can clearly state. Below are some words I sent to our dear sister @VictoryinJesus on this forum a bit more than 4 years ago:

There have been too many times when I needed to hear some kind supportive words and received only admonitions or curses. Presently I have no home church. By following God, I found myself on the outside, having to come out of a "her" that was better than any place I had been.

Now, I visit places but instead of looking at the doctrines too closely I am watching their hearts. Some of them I likely will never re-visit. A very few, on the other hand, have expressed a warmth and love toward an unknown brother which could only come from God. Whether God will actually give me another 'church home', I don't know. That also is not my call. The calling is His to give in His time.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still not specific single calling for me that I can clearly state. Below are some words I sent to our dear sister @VictoryinJesus on this forum a bit more than 4 years ago:

There have been too many times when I needed to hear some kind supportive words and received only admonitions or curses. Presently I have no home church. By following God, I found myself on the outside, having to come out of a "her" that was better than any place I had been.

Now, I visit places but instead of looking at the doctrines too closely I am watching their hearts. Some of them I likely will never re-visit. A very few, on the other hand, have expressed a warmth and love toward an unknown brother which could only come from God. Whether God will actually give me another 'church home', I don't know. That also is not my call. The calling is His to give in His time.
Watching peoples hearts... that does make it harder to find a church.

• Haha
Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Watching peoples hearts... that does make it harder to find a church.
Amen. I wrote that 2019, the year before Covid 19 resulted in so many places suspending their physical church services. In 2020 during the worst of the shutdowns, I stopped even trying. By the time I was considering visiting more churches it was 2022 and I was deeply involved with my cancer. A selfish thing perhaps, but my family, especially my wife, put the brakes on me hard. Since the cancer is for the moment gone, just recently have I begun to visit again. At my age, I doubt that I will ever have another 'home church', but I don't want to limit God. If He says "go", what else can I do?

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Part of my calling is to see and yet I myself can not see. But what is seen on this thread is 3 intercessors. Intersession is so important in the Body as the enemy is so busy. Speaking of seeing, there is one on these boards that needs intercessory prayer as the enemy is amplifying the temptation to do what he does not want to do(Meth). The power of prayer in this case is needed, and in the end would help him to believe and thus be healed.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ponder on the beauty of this my dear sister . LET OUR WHOLE LIFE BE INVESTED IN CHRIST JESUS .
For that is LIFE and life abundant . And it dont matter if we live in a cave , lacked all , were on the run ,
persecuted , in prison . I TELL US ALL the LIFE INVESTED IN JESUS CHRIST IS THE ABUNDANT LIFE
that money , riches or nutting else can ever compare nor come close too .
ITS JOY cometh not of the world , its peace cometh not of the world , BUT OF GOD . and that is a peace
that man cannot take from us . A joy that no man can take . Let the entire hearts focus be above upon Christ
and watch as your peace only increases , NO MATTER WHAT COMETH AGAINST YA . Now lift those hands
and praise the glorious LORD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. I wrote that 2019, the year before Covid 19 resulted in so many places suspending their physical church services. In 2020 during the worst of the shutdowns, I stopped even trying. By the time I was considering visiting more churches it was 2022 and I was deeply involved with my cancer. A selfish thing perhaps, but my family, especially my wife, put the brakes on me hard. Since the cancer is for the moment gone, just recently have I begun to visit again. At my age, I doubt that I will ever have another 'home church', but I don't want to limit God. If He says "go", what else can I do?
Lift those hands and praise the LORD . IF GOD says GO ye GO .
TRUTH is i dont care if its the best place in the world , IF GOD said NO , ITS NO .
Truth is , i like what moses once said , IF YE BE NOT THERE then i dont wanna GO .
Our hope , our trust BE IN HE ALONE and the LORD is WITH HIS OWN . that too is a fact .
HE IS WITH US my friend . no matter what we go through in this life , HE IS WITH US
and SHALL be with us . AND THAT GIVES ME GREAT PEACE . IF GOD BE FOR US , who then can be against us .
THE LORD is WHOM WE NEED and unto HE let us HEED . HE is our guide and our comforter
Our hope and our salvation . Now lift those hands and praise the KING .

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ponder on the beauty of this my dear sister . LET OUR WHOLE LIFE BE INVESTED IN CHRIST JESUS .
For that is LIFE and life abundant . And it dont matter if we live in a cave , lacked all , were on the run ,
persecuted , in prison . I TELL US ALL the LIFE INVESTED IN JESUS CHRIST IS THE ABUNDANT LIFE
that money , riches or nutting else can ever compare nor come close too .
ITS JOY cometh not of the world , its peace cometh not of the world , BUT OF GOD . and that is a peace
that man cannot take from us . A joy that no man can take . Let the entire hearts focus be above upon Christ
and watch as your peace only increases , NO MATTER WHAT COMETH AGAINST YA . Now lift those hands
and praise the glorious LORD .
:D \o/

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Great question. I would say my calling is the people closest to me in my life. The toughest relationships.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My calling I believe is to follow the Lord.....not people in the world, ...I’m to look to him and only him, put my complete faith and trust in him.

To 100% rely on him.....I can do nothing of self, it has no profit....everything is in our Lord Jesus.

This for me, has taken years to understand.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I always used to want God to give me a 'ministry' or a calling and often prayed about it. But one day I realised that he never seemed to answer that particular prayer and came to the understanding that we can't all have 'callings' or 'ministries' with high profiles and that most of us are just called to care for our own families and serve God in small ways.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I can see that too in my own life.
❤️. Being a homemaker for so many years…I didn’t mean that to be weird it’s just I’ve never had a skill towards a profession that immediately leapt out at me…as that is my gift. I’ve beat myself up over it too…wondering “how are you needful?” But with those close to me I’ve noticed every day opportunities towards the Fruit of the Spirit. Times when I have to ask God for patience, for trust when nothing at all is going the way I would have chosen it to go…asking for Hope and joy and endurance and forgiveness, mercy and Grace. Also to help with my tendency towards favoritism. Asking for clarity over hard times or dark times and yea…as the world throws the unpredictable at you especially in relationships that get beyond challenging…it is those things…those times I see the most of where God has placed me to minister the things of the Spirit. I can’t say I do this without fail…only that these are the times I’m most definitely way out of my own abilities and in over my head…and could not without the Gift of His Spirit. I would be so depressed.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Every part of God's perfect plan for humanity throughout history involves all of us. In essense, it is all a done deal in His mind but just hasn't been fully consummated yet! Every action AND inaction, whether good or evil has a purpose. Concerning the good things, God is instructing us to do significant things, even though we think "Aw it's nothing, don't mention it ..." We help this person, give to another, volunteer, encourage, love, say hello, smile, hug... We have no idea what is going on in a stranger's life or sometimes even people close to us, loved ones. A person could be ready to jump off a cliff and just before he did, God called us to intervene and say or do exactly what was needed to be done to thwart his suicide. Or it could be a call to not get involved, stay out of it, avoid this person ... or to fight the evil that is present. On a daily basis, we have no idea how many little things we do or say is part of that plan - and it all gets done.
There are lots of little callings. The occupational callings: to be a Pastor, doctor, scientist, teacher or even President is obviously important as well. But let's not think we failed Him because we didn't have one of those titles. All our positve and negative actions are factored into His plan. When we get to heaven we will be surprised at how much we were a part of His plan.

Last edited: